March 2016 New User 3D Art Contest “Posing” (WIP Thread)

Comments

• h_habashh_habash Posts: 230
    posjon said:

Daz Studio 4.9 My newest model G2F created for the Pose contest Render 6.

Ok this is my final model, believe I just need a few more tweeks to this pose then on to a Scene! as alwasys your comments are valued! :)

I have a minor comment regarding your scene not relating to posing, it's about the backdrop or background you are using, I see the lady shadow falling straight as if there is no wall/ground corner, see if you can do something about it, for me to solve this problem and I don't have the proper prop, I use 2 plain primitives and position it to the right place.

Your scene is very good and posing is almost matching, I have nothing to add after Kismet comments, well done.

• posjonposjon Posts: 34
    edited March 2016
    h_habash said:
    posjon said:

Daz Studio 4.9 My newest model G2F created for the Pose contest Render 6.

Ok this is my final model, believe I just need a few more tweeks to this pose then on to a Scene! as alwasys your comments are valued! :)

I have a minor comment regarding your scene not relating to posing, it's about the backdrop or background you are using, I see the lady shadow falling straight as if there is no wall/ground corner, see if you can do something about it, for me to solve this problem and I don't have the proper prop, I use 2 plain primitives and position it to the right place.

Your scene is very good and posing is almost matching, I have nothing to add after Kismet comments, well done.

Thank you much! I do appreciate it :) Right now I'm not sure if the shadow is going to remain in the scene or not. But I will make the attempts at making the adjustments you have recomended. The background as well I am not sure of I through these in to help add perspective to depth and angles as I didn't originally & that made the posing difficult. :0

Edited to fix quote

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Daz Studio 4.9 My newest model G2F/Laura Lee created for the Pose to Pose contest Render 7. Title Ring Master.

I made minor changes to the pose, but again while waiting on this render I am still noticing those feet! Ugh! lol. Changed the backdrop, added a few props left the lighting where it was "Distant" & dropped the shadow. I actually had this scene in mind early on but didn't want to introduce it until I felt confident that I am heading into the fine tuning of this Render, as I I thought it was more important to focus on the pose before anything else.  Any and all comments are welcome :)

Pose Fashion.jpg
    236 x 314 - 9K
    Laura Lee Pose to Pose Ring Master 1.png
    1306 x 566 - 1M

This is my latest update to the "body Builder", I've fixed the left hand position, changed the light sitteng, and finally added muscles to  the statue and removed it's reflections.

March2016-NUC-Photos-Dexter-Jackson-bodybuilder.jpg
    488 x 586 - 43K
    March2016-NUC-BodyBuilder 4.jpg
    607 x 672 - 301K
    posjon said:

Daz Studio 4.9 My newest model G2F/Laura Lee created for the Pose to Pose contest Render 7. Title Ring Master.

I made minor changes to the pose, but again while waiting on this render I am still noticing those feet! Ugh! lol. Changed the backdrop, added a few props left the lighting where it was "Distant" & dropped the shadow. I actually had this scene in mind early on but didn't want to introduce it until I felt confident that I am heading into the fine tuning of this Render, as I I thought it was more important to focus on the pose before anything else.  Any and all comments are welcome :)

Great work, the add on was beyond expectations, other than the feet reposing there is no other comment than well done yes.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Well done posjon and h_habash.

edited March 2016
    h_habash said:

This is my latest update to the "body Builder", I've fixed the left hand position, changed the light sitteng, and finally added muscles to  the statue and removed it's reflections.

I just want to say you have done a wonderful job! Also I appreciate your feedback Good-luck!

Edited to fix quote

edited March 2016

Thank you much! it is to you I have much gratitude! It was your guidence that allowed me to achieve this pose! :)

Edited to fix quote

• dHandle said:

Thanks Kismet!  Good observations.

I straightened up the torso some.  He was leaning forward a bit too much. I also raised the right arm, and tried to adjust the gun positioning in both hands.  Still not perfect, but I think it may have more to do with adjusting the camera angle than the pose.

I changed a few of the smoke and mist elements, and adjusted the overall color to a sci fi greenish tint.

Your looking good here, dHandle. What is your guy wearing, and what set are you using?

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653
    edited March 2016

Here is y 2nd WIP I know I have some ajustments to do with this one but any and all comments and advice welcome.

Also not sure which background to use either so posted them both to see

6877_1.jpg
    451 x 567 - 34K
    SVAutumnThicket Model Pose.jpg
    2400 x 3000 - 1M
    Getting Lost In Spring.jpg
    655 x 1061 - 146K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

Here is y 2nd WIP I know I have some ajustments to do with this one but any and all comments and advice welcome.

As far as backgrounds are concerned I would stick with Autumn themed one with the butterfly.  The contract between the figure and the background is quite good and allows me to focus on the figure.  The pattern on the black and white background is competing with the pattern on the outfit your figure is wearing.  It is very distracting.

Okay...now I'm off to take a closer look at your posing. 

As far as backgrounds are concerned I would stick with Autumn themed one with the butterfly.  The contract between the figure and the background is quite good and allows me to focus on the figure.  The pattern on the black and white background is competing with the pattern on the outfit your figure is wearing.  It is very distracting.

Ok thanks Kismet I will do just that and stick with the Autumn theme one. Sitting on pins n needles waiting for your advice on my posing!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Nearest leg needs to go down a bit, far leg needs to come over a bit towards the camera, Head needs to turn to side, which means right shoulder needs to go back a bit

Ok thanks Kismet I will do just that and stick with the Autumn theme one. Sitting on pins n needles waiting for your advice on my posing!!

I know I am not Kismet, but I just happened to catch this one

Your figure needs to be rotated slightly towards the camera.

Your figure’s right shoulder needs to be lowered and/or rotated so her elbow comes down slightly below the height of the shoulder.  The fingers on her right hand need to have a bit more bend in them.  I would try the finger grasp option in the pose controls.

Her left arm looks close but it is hard to tell from this angle.

Her legs looks like they might need to be rotated slightly to her right.

Chohole said:

Nearest leg needs to go down a bit, far leg needs to come over a bit towards the camera, Head needs to turn to side, which means right shoulder needs to go back a bit

I know I am not Kismet, but I just happened to catch this one

Thanks Chohole for the advice I will try to fix that.

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    edited March 2016
    dHandle said:

Your looking good here, dHandle. What is your guy wearing, and what set are you using?

Thanks Shinji,

I went through my props and wardrobe items looking for a metallic armor set similar to the reference image so I could see about replicating the blood splatter as well as the pose, but couldn't find anything.  I had to settle for the Urban Warrior http://www.daz3d.com/urban-warrior outfit for M4.

The set is Generic Sci Fi Corridor.  http://www.daz3d.com/generic-sci-fi-corridor

Post edited by dHandle on

Your figure needs to be rotated slightly towards the camera.

Your figure’s right shoulder needs to be lowered and/or rotated so her elbow comes down slightly below the height of the shoulder.  The fingers on her right hand need to have a bit more bend in them.  I would try the finger grasp option in the pose controls.

Her left arm looks close but it is hard to tell from this angle.

Her legs looks like they might need to be rotated slightly to her right.

Thanks Kismet I will fix those things and be back with a revamped render.

Thanks Kismet indecision

posjon said:
    h_habash said:

I just want to say you have done a wonderful job! Also I appreciate your feedback Good-luck!

Edited to fix quote

Thank you Posjon, and good luck to yoo too. yes

• Meant to post this last night, after draging myself back to this.  I changed the bike to something closer to what my uncle had.

I don't know why it was, but no matter how much I wanted to contenue working on this I couldn't bring myself to do so until now.

march2016b.jpg
    1031 x 872 - 776K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,376

Shinji Ikari 9th, that looks pretty nice. Do you have a reference image that you are trying to match for the contest?

• Shinji Ikari 9thShinji Ikari 9th Posts: 1,168
    edited March 2016
    barbult said:

Shinji Ikari 9th, that looks pretty nice. Do you have a reference image that you are trying to match for the contest?

I was using this.

I'm mostly using this month to help deal with the death of my uncle, who we lost last month.  Motorcycles were something he loved.

(He gave me a ride on his once, and while I trusted him to keep me safe, I flat out refused to get on it again. It was too fast for me.)

296604-john-abraham-poses-with-his-new-super-bike-aprilia-rsv4.jpg
    600 x 398 - 42K
    Post edited by Shinji Ikari 9th on
    barbult said:

I was using this.

Thanks. I'm new to this, but I think you are pretty close. One thing I noticed is that in the reference image, his left foot is on the ground. In your render, I can't see his left foot. It also looks to me like he should be leaning forward a little more and his shoulders shouldn't me hunched up as much. That may be difficult to achieve with the dimensions of the bike you are using. You did a really good job of finding a bike that looks like the one in the photo.

Meant to post this last night, after draging myself back to this.  I changed the bike to something closer to what my uncle had.

I don't know why it was, but no matter how much I wanted to contenue working on this I couldn't bring myself to do so until now.

First of all - Sorry for your Uncle loss.

This looks great Shinji, I have some small comments about it, try reducing the light post and water drain (Silver) reflectivity a bit, their reflection on the water surface look like as if they are breaking thru the street (if you know what I mean), and also try to darken the water surface or change the water color so it'll identify the water edges.

Regarding the character, I think his right feet should be pushed backward to be placed on the feet rest (the black small piece on the motorbike).

Finally, from the angle of the motorbike and the camera position, I guess you need to move his left arm little forward, but it look his left hand is not holding the left side steering handle, unless you mean it to be like this.

But in general, it looks nice and balanced, well done.

edited March 2016

Here is my revamped render, Thanks to Kismet and Chohole for the advice, I think I got even closer to the original Pose Picture this time around.

6877_1.jpg
    451 x 567 - 34K
    Autumn Delight.jpg
    2400 x 3000 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

Saphirewild, your picture looks much closer to the original. A couple things I noticed are that her hand should cover her mouth and the eyes should look more off to her right (left side of the image). Maybe her thighs should be a little more parallel to the ground. Really good progress, though!

barbult said:

Saphirewild, your picture looks much closer to the original. A couple things I noticed are that her hand should cover her mouth and the eyes should look more off to her right (left side of the image). Maybe her thighs should be a little more parallel to the ground. Really good progress, though!

Thanks Barbult for the advice I will make the changes and be back with the revamped render.

• SiotradSiotrad Posts: 110

Hello everyone.

Pretty entries ....

This is what will be my entry for this contest. - rendered 68% - no postwork -

All is not yet finished, it misses the glass Emma and she will probably not cloak. ;)
    I would like your opinion on Emma, Phenix and Psylock ... taking into account that the chair is quite particular about the design and the difference was not easy to manage :)

For Rogue, I can not do what I want legs :(
    While it's true that the pose is quite unreal but I have not given up.

ae85a0374e911509e043fed59a6652d8.jpg
    500 x 800 - 69K
    Siotrad said:

Hello everyone.

Pretty entries ....

All is not yet finished, it misses the glass Emma and she will probably not cloak. ;)
    I would like your opinion on Emma, Phenix and Psylock ... taking into account that the chair is quite particular about the design and the difference was not easy to manage :)

I know which one is Phoenix but I am not sure about the rest.

Your figure with the sword:  Her right foot should be flat on the floor.  That will allow you to open her arm a bit.  The other differences I see in the posing are differences in the size of the models, I believe.  Your figure might be leaning slightly more to the right than in the reference image.  But adjusting the leg and arm might fix this impression.

The figure in the chair is posed very well.  I do not blame you for not adding a cloak.  That would be very difficult to do in DS.  The only difference I see between your image and the reference is that her left leg is not touching the floor.  It is raised slightly.  You might also need to rotate her shin slightly so her toes point away from the camera.

From what I can see of Phoenix in the back she looks very close to the reference image. 

I think you have your figure in green as close to the reference as possible but there are a couple of small tweaks I can suggest, if possible.  Try pointing the toes on her left foot a bit.  Do not move the foot...just the toes.  Her head could be lowered so her chin is closer to her chest...a very little bit...but that is being really nitpicky. 

Group poses are a challenge.  You did an excellent job.

• SiotradSiotrad Posts: 110
    edited March 2016
    Siotrad said:

Hello everyone.

Pretty entries ....

I know which one is Phoenix but I am not sure about the rest.

Your figure with the sword:  Her right foot should be flat on the floor.  That will allow you to open her arm a bit.  The other differences I see in the posing are differences in the size of the models, I believe.  Your figure might be leaning slightly more to the right than in the reference image.  But adjusting the leg and arm might fix this impression.

I do not think her foot touches the ground ... objectively it is very unlikely in a position like that the foot can lie flat ... however there is a correction angle of this foot. I had the same feelings for the models size ... but they all are 100% ... I will maybe reduce some.

The figure in the chair is posed very well.  I do not blame you for not adding a cloak.  That would be very difficult to do in DS.  The only difference I see between your image and the reference is that her left leg is not touching the floor.  It is raised slightly.  You might also need to rotate her shin slightly so her toes point away from the camera.

Yes, all changes are the result of adapting the poses to my chair, which lower (so she does not touch the ground on the original) and a very different form. I preferred to make landfall since I can not imagine in its true position (it does not touch earth and yet has not the thigh resting on the chair ... and in real life, I can not imagine ;)

From what I can see of Phoenix in the back she looks very close to the reference image. 

Thank you, I must admit that I had a really close poses in I do not know what poses pack bought in Daz store.

I think you have your figure in green as close to the reference as possible but there are a couple of small tweaks I can suggest, if possible.  Try pointing the toes on her left foot a bit.  Do not move the foot...just the toes.  Her head could be lowered so her chin is closer to her chest...a very little bit...but that is being really nitpicky. 

Thank you. I will try ... and fix her arms too ;)

Group poses are a challenge.  You did an excellent job.

Thank you very much :)

Post edited by Siotrad on