Futuristic Glass Elevator and Building Kit - in the store! :) [Commercial]

Comments

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Congratulations, it looks great in the store! Think about starting  a new thread in the commercial area,  so customers have an official and central place to reach you for questions. Also, consider updating your signature with a link to your new product in the store. Thanks for letting me be a beta tester!

• @Dawnblade: did you send me your e-mail already? 

A commercial thread seems like a good idea. By commercial area you mean the PA commercial forum or the Commons?

Changed the signature, but have to figure yet out how to do banners... 

Just sent it from DA. Right, the PA commercial forum.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,345
    edited July 2017

It was great watching how this project evolved through the development process.  Congratulations on releasing it. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    dawnblade said:

Just sent it from DA. Right, the PA commercial forum.

Actually you can move this thread into the Commercial forum, instead of starting a new one.  Click on the gear icon on your first post, then click on edit and change the category over on the left hand menu.

•  

@FirstBastion: Thank you very much! It's a huge compliment coming from you.

@Chohole Is that allowed? I mean, I thought the commercial forum is for clean promo's and stuff. Or is a semi-WIP thread allowed? 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

yes WIP threads are allowd in the Commercial forum

• Ok, moved and renamed it. Hope I did everything correctly. 

Great idea @Chohole!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I am so thrilled for you!  I knew it was a great prop the second I laid eyes on it.  Can we post some of our test renders here?

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Beautiful promo renders!  It turned out great!

• @IceDragonArt: Of course you can post them here! Post away! You can also post them in the DAZ galleries or on DA. 

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Congrats to the mighty Chanteur-de-Vent!! Everybody dance now =)

She's no way responsible for any 3Delight issues that might theoretically arise... so if anyone needs troubleshooting that part of the release, I'm here to help.

I lost everything on my external drive connected to my laptop so those are gone for good, but I have some on my PC as well.  I haven't had a chance to really dig them up but will try and post some tonight.  I'm really afraid my favorite may have been on the laptop, but if it was, I will definately be re doing it shortly.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Congrads @Chanteur-de-Vent!!!!!

I am so glad it passed right into the store!!!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,796

Now that I'm back to the computer: congrats for the great release, this might come in very handy at some time in my project. Got much more than just the elevator ;)

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I meant to post this the other day, but I got a little distracted.  This is such a cool elevator.  Here is one of my better renders using it.

• Thank you all for the congratulations. Looks good KM, love all that mist. Liked in the galleries. smiley

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Where is everyone planning on using this/these?
    Are you going to place them on the side of another building or are they being left alone, isolated and used just for a cool backdrop/room?

avxp said:

Where is everyone planning on using this/these?
    Are you going to place them on the side of another building or are they being left alone, isolated and used just for a cool backdrop/room?

You can use it anyway you want. It's very versatile. I used the the elevator as a time machine. Sadly that render is lost on an external drive that went south.  I will be redoing it though very soon.  This is also a great prop to use in sci fi renders or even steam punk.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Yes. Mostly, I've been staring at the pieces and thinking all the things it might be- besides an elevator.

1) It makes for a fine office, but then I'm slapping it in the middle of some other city set and ....not always a good fit.

2) I'm thinking about making it part of one of those floating structures....

https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-marina-the-wharf

There's another one of these that I've used before. But this one is awesome and seems like a natural companion.

3) There's also an office lobby ...

https://www.daz3d.com/i13-executive-office-environment   ; I could see this working in some ways....

4) And the citadel kinda fits too
    https://www.daz3d.com/the-citadel

Finally had a chance to do a quick render.  I have a whole series of time travel/other worlds ideas in my head for this prop.  This is just the stand alone elevator but the glass building will be feautred in a lot of those as well.  I just love this prop.

I have a quite a bit of postwork planned for this one to get it to match what's in my head.  The girl and the dinosaur need to stand out a bit more and I may add several other things, maybe a mist low to the ground and some flying things in sky.  Will have to wait til later this weekend though.

• @avxp: I think the environments you mentioned could be mixed and match with the Kit, especially the citadel, it has a similar white-and-glass approach. Personally I've seen an amazing beta-test render which put the shaft inside one of the Sci-fi vignettes and it worked fine. I may try to produce some renders with mix-and-match environments and pieces once I find the time. If that would be inspiring, I could post them here.

@IceDragonArt: Great render! Love the face expression, she really seems amazed about the dinosaur (like "OMFG, it's alive" kinda way) and the Dino seems to consider her a candidate for breakfast. Can't wait to see the postworked version.

You should definitely post them here.

And thank you, I did love the expression on the dino's face.  He was like, whoa, that looks tasty lol.  I haven't had much time to do anything the last week, and I still want to recreate the one i did in testing with the dino bone yard.  I need either two of me or 48 hours in a day.

One of the postworked versions.  You can see the rest on my thread over in the Art Forums.  I immediately thought of time travel when I saw this part of the set, and I have a whole series planned using this idea.  The whole building will be headquarters for the time travelling team far in the future.  And maybe no longer on earth.  Who knows where this one is going lol.

• Chanteur-de-VentChanteur-de-Vent Posts: 566
    edited August 2017

@IceDragonArt: Looks good, I like the color enhancement on the faces of the girl and the dino. Makes it stand out more. And the lightning and mist adds to the mood. I would have cropped a lightning a bit, so it only stays on the sky, but for the rest - great render.

Here's my first attempt at mix and match:

It's GIS Orion environment, with shaders changed to match the glass elevator set. The middle part is the glass elevator tube for two floors, staircase and extended platforms with railings.

I would say the matching shaders mix them up decently. I'll post some more once I find the time.

GIS_mixed_with_glassElevator-pw1.jpg
    2500 x 2000 - 4M
    Post edited by Chanteur-de-Vent on

Wow that looks amazing!  I though about cropping the lightning but I really wanted it to be right on top of them.  I will be doing more renders as well, I just have to find some actual time lol.  It took me two weeks to block out enough time to do the post work on this one.  I've barely rendered anything.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Yep, I agree with Sonja.  That is really spectacular.  Nicely done.  I really like the lighting and how well everything goes together.

edited August 2017

I finally had a chance to use this very cool elevator! Here is my render using the 3Delight materials.  I needed to dirty it up a bit for this particular scene. It's called "In Any Form" (you'll need to read about it in the description).

Post edited by dawnblade on
  • Chanteur-de-VentChanteur-de-Vent Posts: 566
    edited August 2017

Thank you, IceDragonArt and Knittingmommy. I hope to do some more of those to show how using some shaders things can be mixed and matched.

Wow, @dawnblade, that's beautiful! I really love the red post-apocalyptic glow, the smoke over the ground and the thin outline. Gives it a certain illustrative feel.

Read the story you wrote - one is left to wonder if the dogs learned to really appreaciate a human being or are simply imitating the real feeling. And if in the end it actually matters. 

Post edited by Chanteur-de-Vent on