Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    Wow, sorry you have the flu. Glad you are being taken care of. Sick really is miserable.

I just got the flu shot recently. Not so worried for myself but for my husband who finished his chemo treatments a few months ago. Don't want him getting sick with a compromised system.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    dracorn said:
    Wow, sorry you have the flu. Glad you are being taken care of. Sick really is miserable.

I just got the flu shot recently. Not so worried for myself but for my husband who finished his chemo treatments a few months ago. Don't want him getting sick with a compromised system.

That would be really bad, I hope he is doing his best to stay far away from sick people! I really though I had avoided it, everyone I know had it in Dec and Jan.  Apparently, my boss's partner had it a week or two ago so guess who brought it to the office.  Of course, he isn't sick...

Yeah, that figures. 'Cept I'm the one who wouldn't get sick. Probiotics really helps to build the immune system. It's not that I haven't been sick at all, but it has been a very long time since I've had a 'please shoot me' illness. But I am being very careful right now because I don't want to bring anything home to him.

You're renders are really looking great lately.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Flu sucks. Haven't had a real one in a long time. I usually do one symptom at a time. So rarely sick enought to stay home for it. I only make an exception for fever.

Hope you feel better soon!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Take care and get well soon!

Thanks everyone.  I've slept most of the day despite the fact that the basement guys were pouring the footer and moving all the bricks into the basement. (Must have been sleeping really soundly lol)  I've decided that I'm going to go ahead and stay home tomorrow despite the guilt then I don't have to go back til Monday.

edited February 2018

This is Winona for G8F.  She is clearly not happy with someone!

WINONA SS IDA LOGO.jpg
    1781 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

This bug is so nasty that it's a good idea to do what you're doing, rest up.  Otherwise, it may draf even longer.  I hope you feel better soon.  

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

Hope you feel better. 

I got a bad case of the flu earlier this year.  Pretty sure it was from sitting next to a sick person on a long flight.  I was one of the lucky people who subsequently developed pneumonia. Fine now, but it really sucked.  Just be prudent and do the normal things to take care of yourself.  But if you worsen or have trouble breathing, get treatment promptly.  This is not the year to mess around wih the flu.  

Oooh! Great expression, love the tilted shoulder and of course, your color choices are lovely! Post work is great, too. Glad that you feel well enough to do a render. One problem with being sick is that it is terribly boring.
    dracorn said:

Oooh! Great expression, love the tilted shoulder and of course, your color choices are lovely! Post work is great, too. Glad that you feel well enough to do a render. One problem with being sick is that it is terribly boring.

Thank you everyone.  I really do appreciate it.  A bit better today, although I am very glad I decided to stay home. Still very tired but have actually been out of bed for about 5 hours.  Not doing much but upright and not nauseous which I am considering a win lol.

I'm starting to feel like I'm getting closer to the kind of art that I really want to do, not sure how to describe the style I am going for, it seems to be developing on its own no matter what direction my head wants to go lol

Starting to feel much better finally!

I picked up the V4 and M4 clones by SY and am very very happy with the results.  I will post some of my results once the promos I've use them on are released. Still not much time to render just for fun.

• Glad to hear you're starting to feel better!  

Hope you continue to improve.

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better!  

Hope you continue to improve.

Thanks!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Good to see your getting better Sonja being sick is sure no fun at all and like Dracorn said "Very Boring" !

I am glad to see that it didn't keep you from your art though!!

Some pretty amazing renders I must say!!

Thanks Saphire!

• wsgentrywsgentry Posts: 572

You are a great talent, Sonja!  I don't know when you were sick, but I hope all is well.

Scott

• We both ended up with the flu, nothing fun.

That last render- what an expression.  Someone may be losing their head, soon!  XD  Well done, Sonja

wsgentry said:

You are a great talent, Sonja!  I don't know when you were sick, but I hope all is well.

Scott

Thank you very much Scott,  Just getting over it now, back to work tomorrow.  Still a little tired but not "sick" anymore.

We both ended up with the flu, nothing fun.

That last render- what an expression.  Someone may be losing their head, soon!  XD  Well done, Sonja

No not fun at all. I haven't been that sick in a long time. 

And yes, she is definitely not happy with someone lol.  I'm trying to work on expressions, I tend to stick to very newutral expressions and I need to change that.  Especially since Gen 8 has much better facial espressions.  I need to start working on that more.

@TabascoJack, I did finally see your message, sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

edited February 2018

Savannah by Maddelirium.

27752189_964906237000021_3185195728657444075_n.jpg
    593 x 960 - 64K
    edited March 2018

Love this jewelry.  Regal Jewelry for G8F

27750707_965957156894929_327699394737153581_n.jpg
    593 x 960 - 112K
    edited March 2018

This is my favorite kind of art to do.  Classic, iconic fantasy.  This type of art has been a strong influence on me my entire life.  I feel like I might actually be getting to the point where I feel like I can accomplish some of that type of thing.

Really great background set that comes with 10 couples poses for G3 and G8.

27858089_966552616835383_7805653968334796688_n.jpg
    779 x 700 - 81K
    edited March 2018

This was a promo for Prae's Night Claws. I really love stuff like this its quirky, different and just fun. Best viewed full size

NIGHT CLAWS DD IDA LOGO.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    edited March 2018

Zora Hair by Biscuits.  This is a V4 character although which one escapes me at the moment.

ZORA HAIR BY BISCUITS.jpg
    742 x 960 - 99K
    edited March 2018

So I've been spending a bit of time watching more Photoshop videos ( our son bought us a bluetooth DVD player for the bedroom so we can stream netflix etc on that TV and lo and behold, I can watch YouTube with it on a 32 inch screen and can either follow along on my laptop or work on other stuff while watching) and discovered another way to dodge and burn that I like much better than the using the grayscale method or painting it directly onto the layer.  It looked complicated at first but turned out to be surprisingly simple.

Make a copy of your original image and either rename your project and save or lock your original so you don't accidentally work on it.

Add an adjustment layer of curves and clip it to the copy layer.  Name it Dodge (or whatever you want lol).  Using the line, increase the highlight to the brightest that you want to go with your dodging (this makes sure you don't over dodge or burn).  Add a layer mask and invert it so its black.  (this will flip the effect of the curves so the image looks normal until you start painting in your dodge and burn) Make sure your paint brush is set to white and you are ready to go.

Do the exact same thing (make sure you clip the Burn layer to the Dodge layer so it only affects the copy layer and none of your other layers.) Don't forget to invert your mask to black!

And that's it, now you can dodge and burn with a lot more control and can easily paint back if you go a bit overboard by changing your brush to black.  I usually put my opacity down to about 10-20% and the flow below 50% and build the effect up slowly but you can do it however you want of course.  And, its super quick to set up.

One of the reasons I like this method the best is because I can control how dark or light the adjustment layers are so I don't over burn or dodge and it seems to really help with keeping the original tone of the image.  I have found especially when directly dodging and burning, it can really change the color and turn things rather reddish or greyish if you go just a touch too far.

I will try and remember to take screenshots the next time I set it up and post them as well.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Great renders! :) Oh.. nasty flu. I have been lucky so far knock on wood. I am glad you are feeling better. I need to get characters even if I don't have the base, especially ones I seem to like. :)

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited March 2018

Hi

Had a look at your first three renders, and uhm...

Even starting out, think you were way ahead of me!

Just wanted to share that then, and also a question. 

So obviously DS isn't the only game in town.  Trying to learn Carrara myself, and learn from your latest renders Bryce can do fur and water stuff like that?  Woah!  Might be another one to check out.  Here's how it works for me as hapless new-comer. ; ) 

Try to figure out Carrara until brain is mush.

Go back to relative 'comfort zone' in DS.

To give myself a headache, make a drinking cup or something in Hexagon.

If I try Bryce-- only a matter of time now-- when I can afford Bryce...

"To give myself a complete cerebral hemorrhage & stroke: Carrara, then maybe Bryce, then Hexagon... Then mind is probably mush!"

Thanks for reading!

--Bruce

PS: Is this stuff addicting?   devil

Post edited by Tynkere on
    Tynkere said:

Hi

Had a look at your first three renders, and uhm...

Even starting out, think you were way ahead of me!

Just wanted to share that then, and also a question. 

So obviously DS isn't the only game in town.  Trying to learn Carrara myself, and learn from your latest renders Bryce can do fur and water stuff like that?  Woah!  Might be another one to check out.  Here's how it works for me as hapless new-comer. ; ) 

Try to figure out Carrara until brain is mush.

Go back to relative 'comfort zone' in DS.

To give myself a headache, make a drinking cup or something in Hexagon.

If I try Bryce-- only a matter of time now-- when I can afford Bryce...

"To give myself a complete cerebral hemorrhage & stroke: Carrara, then maybe Bryce, then Hexagon... Then mind is probably mush!"

Thanks for reading!

--Bruce

PS: Is this stuff addicting?   devil

@Tynkere

*snicker* of course its addicting lol!

Wait for Bryce to go on sale, it will and when it does it will probably be super cheap.  Make sure you hit their forums over there, its a 32 bit system only and there are some things you will need to do to get it to work better on a 64 bit system.  Bryce is an awesome landscape generator, although I am still a total newbie at that one.  Carrara is a really program, has a LOT of different things in it.  If you can model in Hexagon you can model in Carrara.  It also does landscape generation, so if you learn one you will have a head start on the other since the principles seem to me to be basically the same.  Also a good choice to check out their forums.  A wealth of knowledge in both places.

I do pretty much the same thing.  Work on the stuff I don't know until I want to scream in frustration and then go back to Daz lol.  Although I have had zero time to work on learning anything new lately, between the day job and the promo work, my days are pretty full.  I keep looking longingly at Carrara as I was enjoying learning to model and do some other stuff in it but alas, no time lol.  I also need to learn Poser.  Which I don't find to be nearly as intuitive as Daz although now that I am more familiar with Daz, Poser isn't quite as unuser friendly to me as it used to be.  Another area I just don't have enough time for lol.

And for the record, those first images aren't the very first ones lol.  Somewhere in this thread is one of my very first images, using the beach, a dragon and a girl.  Ummm ya, I only posted that one so people can see that we all start out not knowing anything lol.  If I can find it I will repost it here.  Its in the last 3rd of this ridiculously long thread lol.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

@Ice Dragon Art - Thanks for the postwork help.  Always enjoy your tips.  Almost missed those.

@Tynkere - if you are having trouble with Carrara or Bryce, I recommend visiting their forums.  People are usually pretty helpful.  By coincidence, I am trying to learn Studio so its interface is alien to me.  Likewise, I find folks in the forums are typically very generous with help. For Carrara, I have a walk through to set up and render a first scene using features of Carrara not currently available in Studio without plugins.  It shows how to load a Daz figure, conform clothing, add dynamic strand-based hair, create a landscape, insert a custom plant, edit a realistic sky, and link the sun to the sky.  It won't be a great image, but should help you find where the basic stuff is. Note that official Daz support only extends to Genesis 2 figures, but a Carrara regular has made G3 and G8 characters that will load in Carrara.   Later portions of the thread cover other topics such as modeling, uvmapping, creating morphs for Daz figures, etc.  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/119181/no-one-asked-me-diomede-posts-screenshots-on-whatever/p1

This discussion has been closed.