Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited February 2018

Izzy for Genesis 8

I used Particle Shop for the magic effect.  That's going to be a useful tool once I get the hang of the randomness that it tends to produce.  Super fun to play with though lol.

IZZY SS IDA FINAL.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 456K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

I like the color in this one.. seems fairy/mystical colorwise that is. The brush effects are great! :)

• I love the one with all of the green smoke. Yeah, not an easy thing to pull off but you did it well. I loved seeing the before and after of the orc image. Such a huge difference. :)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Izzy for Genesis 8

I used Particle Shop for the magic effect.  That's going to be a useful tool once I get the hang of the randomness that it tends to produce.  Super fun to play with though lol.

Wow this render is absolutely stunning Sonja!!!

I love the magical effects in the post work!!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Kimmie fot G8F.

Elf Armor Outfit for G3F

Working on fog and smoke.  Not as easy as one would like to believe lol.

Very cool! Reminds me of those pulp novel covers..

Thank you all very much! 

I finally broke down and got a new laptop. I've been nursing the other one along for a couple of years now and it finally just got to the point where it was becoming unusable.  I couldn't use Dforce and several other things because it had an amd card and well, its old, like, 8 years old. Its still a great gaming maching as long as I can get it to charge and I don't mind the pixelated lines starting to run through the screen lol.  It will be good to leave at the camper for those days its raining too hard to do anything..

So I got one that has a nvidea card gtx1060 16gb ram 256 ssd and 1 tb hdd- I also am putting all of my content on an external drive like I did the last one. - after much serious thought I decided not to copy over my files from the last external drive and start fresh.  (those of you who know me well, knows that this means re doing my entire custom category system). One of the reasons that I finally decided to start fresh was to optimize my category structure a bit to better my workflow, its a lot easier to do it fresh than to try and restructure the existing. Another reason being that I will not be loading some of the stuff that I realize I don't use.  I will also not be loading all of the duplicate PS files, I have a pretty good idea of which ones I need and which ones I don't and that will clear a lot space.

I also finally decided to not load 4.8.  I will still miss the blue bars that made it so easy to find content, but since I will be loading everything from scratch in alphabetical order, and I will have far less Poser items to wade through I should be okay.  Plus, since I have sooo much v4 and m4 content already, its unlikely that I will be getting much more so once its categorized the first time, It won't be much of an issue.  And truth be told most of the new stuff I get is for g2f and up so its fairly easy to find in the daz studio side of things.

Anyway, all I can say is wow!  What a difference in render speed and being able to move around the scene.  Its like, 4 times as fast.  I'm totally excited lol.  And now I will be able to use Dforce and all the other stuff that really was difficult to do with the slow speed of the old laptop.  Hopefully, this one will last as long as the last one

Congrads on the new laptop Sonja, I know when I got my new Laptop it was so much better then my old one in which I had for like 7 yrs.

My render times were seriously cut in half with the new laptop.

Congrads on the new laptop Sonja, I know when I got my new Laptop it was so much better then my old one in which I had for like 7 yrs.

Thank you Sapphire!  Its crazy right?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Great news about the new 'puter.  Now you can be even more productive, which is amazing considering how your posted images have been accelerating.  I am dreading the day that I have to migrate my content, but it sounds like you have it a good plan.  Happy rendering.

Diomede said:

Great news about the new 'puter.  Now you can be even more productive, which is amazing considering how your posted images have been accelerating.  I am dreading the day that I have to migrate my content, but it sounds like you have it a good plan.  Happy rendering.

Thank you!  Yes this will definitely allow me to get things done a bit quicker.  If you are happy with how your stuff is set up now you can always copy things to an external drive then move it all over that way.  Much quicker than loading everything from scratch.  Of course, I would choose the more difficult route lol.

edited February 2018

After one too many explosions in his magical work room, Alfred flees the palace in the hopes of starting over somewhere that no one knows him

Daz Studio 4.10 Iray
    Photoshop CC

ALFRED SS IDA.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 3M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Congrats on the new laptop :)  Love the render, especially with the explanation of what happened right before the depicted scene.

Thanks!

Yeah it is crazy good!!! I also transfered everything to my externial HD and set all up from it to the new lappy!!

Yeah it is crazy good!!! I also transfered everything to my externial HD and set all up from it to the new lappy!!

Thats definitely the easiest way!

edited February 2018

This is Tianna for Karyssa 8 - minus Karyssa.  I think she is gorgeous even without the base character, which I don't currently have.

Obviously, there is a lot of postwork in this one which I'm not going to go into super detail but wanted to point out a trick for hair that may not be as thick as you want it to be.  You can select pieces of the hair and copy it to a new layer, then arrange it so that it fills in or adds more volume or movement to the hair.  This way, the hair matches perfectly and its a lot easier than spending hours painting in hair and trying to get it to a. match and b. look real (ish)

TIANNA SS IDA final.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 1M
  • Congrats on the new computer!  Lord knows, with this one I purchased in 2016, my render times went from days to hours.  BIG leap. 

• Izzy for Genesis 8

I saw this one...err...whereever it was I saw it and instanlty loved it. That pale pastel lavender hair is just right to balance the scene. Really great overall image.

Congrats on the new computer!  Lord knows, with this one I purchased in 2016, my render times went from days to hours.  BIG leap. 

Thanks!  I think its actually faster than my pc lol.  Although the pc is almost 3 years old now.

TheMonk said:

Izzy for Genesis 8

I saw this one...err...whereever it was I saw it and instanlty loved it. That pale pastel lavender hair is just right to balance the scene. Really great overall image.

Thank you! I wanted to keep it to an overal cooler image and, to be honest, I love fantasy hair lol.

edited February 2018

Gypsy Devil & Chuckie.  - I know, but I seriously had a blast putting this one together.  I actually really like monsters and Sixus 1 is a master at them.

GYPSY DEVIL GOOD BOY SIXUS 1 SS IDA LOGO.jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 3M

This is Tianna for Karyssa 8 - minus Karyssa.  I think she is gorgeous even without the base character, which I don't currently have.

Obviously, there is a lot of postwork in this one which I'm not going to go into super detail but wanted to point out a trick for hair that may not be as thick as you want it to be.  You can select pieces of the hair and copy it to a new layer, then arrange it so that it fills in or adds more volume or movement to the hair.  This way, the hair matches perfectly and its a lot easier than spending hours painting in hair and trying to get it to a. match and b. look real (ish)

This is seriously one of the best portraits I have seen in a while!!!

Gypsy Devil & Chuckie.  - I know, but I seriously had a blast putting this one together.  I actually really like monsters and Sixus 1 is a master at them.

And the award for the best best horror render goes to Sonja!!!

Seriously though this one very kewl horror render!!!

Thank you Sapphire!  I was really happy with the overlay effect of the stars on her skin, and thought it added a touch of other worldly to her.

And honestly, I love monsters, I have a lot of them, although I don't often render them for some reason.  But this one, he had asked that we do the two together and this was the scariest idea I could come up with lol.  And I love how it turned out.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

I agree, Tianna came out awesome.  Great postwork too.  It adds a lot w/out actually being obvious.  Re the hair trick, I also sometimes render just the hair alone (as an extra render) - then you don't have to mess with selecting just parts of a hair and separating it from the rest of the rendered pic. 

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Very nice indeed. I really like how this turned out.  

Thanks for the hair tip - I will have to try that one. 

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,797

Congrats on the new Labtop! I can feel you, it was such a difference after I switched. Tianna looks surprisingly good without the base figure.

Thank you both!  Dracorn WorldsEdge's tip is also a good one that I will have to remember as well.  The reason I cut and pasted the hair in that particular piece is because I really wanted to spread it out a bit and have different lengths. You can get pretty creative and do some wild, windlblown hair with pieces and parts.

Linwelly, I have a lot of characters that don't necessarily have the base character and so far, I've liked them

Has anyone else had this awful flu?  I know Llynara's whole house house came down with it around Christmas.  I haven't been this sick for so long in I don't know how long.  Any idea how long its lasts?  I suspect I overdid it and went back to work too soon, I was feeling a bit better on Sunday but I left work at noon and slept most of the afternoon and evening and can tell I am going to be sleeping again soon. Will be home from work tomorrow as well, per my bosses orders.  I must have looked pretty bad lol.I almost never miss work and I feel guilty even though I know I am really not well enough.  At this point I can't even get out of bed. I was hoping to at least work on some of the promos that need doing but I just can't concentrate long enough to put anything together.  Ugh, I hate being sick! 

Okay, I just had to get that off my chest.  I can't whine to my husband, he has been taking good care of me and I don't want to make him feel any worse for me than he already does.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Has anyone else had this awful flu?  I know Llynara's whole house house came down with it around Christmas.  I haven't been this sick for so long in I don't know how long.  Any idea how long its lasts?  I suspect I overdid it and went back to work too soon, I was feeling a bit better on Sunday but I left work at noon and slept most of the afternoon and evening and can tell I am going to be sleeping again soon. Will be home from work tomorrow as well, per my bosses orders.  I must have looked pretty bad lol.I almost never miss work and I feel guilty even though I know I am really not well enough.  At this point I can't even get out of bed. I was hoping to at least work on some of the promos that need doing but I just can't concentrate long enough to put anything together.  Ugh, I hate being sick! 

Okay, I just had to get that off my chest.  I can't whine to my husband, he has been taking good care of me and I don't want to make him feel any worse for me than he already does.

I'm sorry you picked up that nasty bug. My most recent stint with the flu wasn't so bad. One day with bodily functions "out-of-whack" but felt lousy for a good week. Some of hubby's co-workers got the nasty version, and were off work for a week or more. I hope that's not what you have. And like you, I hate being sick.

I'm glad we can be here for you, so you can whine all you need to. Odd as it seems, I know it helps to voice how awful the flu makes you feel, even if that "voice" is in text. Lots of virtual hugs coming your way.

Thank you!  I've been sick since last Wednesday so I'm feeling very put out lol.  I appreciate the support, it does sometimes help to just get it out there

This discussion has been closed.