Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited March 2018

I love the fae.  I love everything about fairies, elves, etc etc.  With wings, without wings, whatever lol.

The outfit, which for the life of me I can't remember off hand, I re did with the metal textures.  Nothing wrong with the texture it had, but I wanted bright and shiny for this one.  Once I remember which one it is I will add it to this post.

There are so many things I like about this portrait - besides the fact that she is Fae.  

Lighting is lovely, the retexturing is great.  Whatever you have in the background - looks like a fractal or something - looks really cool.  

But mostly it's the somber expression.  It makes me wonder why a warrior is so sad.  Did somone she loved die?  Well done.

Post edited by dracorn on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you! I am finding that emotion is much harder to convey than one might think.  Ant that often, sublte small changed work best.

edited March 2018

This is Ginny for V4.  Just goes to show that V4 is far from obsolete, new characters are still being made for her.  She is still a very versatile and valid character.  I doubt that I will ever stop using her, especially since I can move her up and take advantage of all of the great bending and expressions of G8.  Although many times, its not necessary.  This render is Ginny out of the box, no updating for Iray or anything else except for whatever the program does automatically.

GINNY DD IDA FINAL.jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Love the fairies that you've done, especially the one with the forlorn expression, it's pulled off really well I feel. The background sort of gives a honeycomb impression as well which meshes with the lighting pattern on her face.

Noswen said:

Love the fairies that you've done, especially the one with the forlorn expression, it's pulled off really well I feel. The background sort of gives a honeycomb impression as well which meshes with the lighting pattern on her face.

Thank you!  Now that you mention it, it does match doesn't it lol.  Its always nice when things mesh that you didn't even realize were similar.  I do love happy accidents but will be on the look out for similar happy accidents.

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

@IceDragonArt - I know I already commented on her, but I really, really, really, really... (I think you get it) love this work. I can't get her face out of my mind. I'm not kidding. The work you've done on her is stunning. I just have to link her again:

Do more! Do more!

@wanderer, thank you so much!  No worries, I am definitely doing more lol.

@IceDragonArt - YW wink I'm glad to hear it.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321

I love the fae. 

Great image,  her expression triggered a thought though "This metal is so cold"  is winter over yet.

I love the fae. 

Great image,  her expression triggered a thought though "This metal is so cold"  is winter over yet.

Haha maybe I should add a nice warm, fur covered cloak!

edited March 2018

Rossanna for G8F

Rossanna.jpg
    593 x 960 - 60K

Woa, check the hair!  

Love the 'tude expression - its it because of the hair? 

dracorn said:

Woa, check the hair!  

Love the 'tude expression - its it because of the hair? 

Lol ya, I thought it fit the hair pretty well!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Rossanna for G8F

Nice one! yes I guess that hair is asking for the expression, but it fits the character very nicely as well!

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Lovely renders. I like so many of them. :) I am still working on modeling in blender. It is sort of a slow process. I end up redoing some things to find better ways of modeling and uvmapping. lol

The attitude is great. Keep sharing your wonderful work!

Things I want for Christmas:

1. A simple checkbox in the store page for when searching DO only to show items only that actually qualify for my PC+ coupon.

2. A setting within Daz Studio to only show items for a given licensing type, such as merchant resource or non-commercial only.

3. Automated option for content management that asks me what categories I want to create, asks me to, on my request, assign categories to each of my installed items. offers me the option to categorize new content being installed in one or more of those categories, and offers me the option to create and assign new categories on the fly at point of installation, or later. It should offer me always the option to assign category on a per product, per item, or per file basis. It should offer me the same options for third party products.

Dang, Wanderer, ​that's quite a wish list.  I would love an automated option (#3) as well, but I won't hold my breath.  

@dracorn - Hahaha... I've decided not to either, but if I don't post it I cannot complain about Santa ignoring me. wink 

dracorn said:

Things I want for Christmas:

1. A simple checkbox in the store page for when searching DO only to show items only that actually qualify for my PC+ coupon.

2. A setting within Daz Studio to only show items for a given licensing type, such as merchant resource or non-commercial only.

3. Automated option for content management that asks me what categories I want to create, asks me to, on my request, assign categories to each of my installed items. offers me the option to categorize new content being installed in one or more of those categories, and offers me the option to create and assign new categories on the fly at point of installation, or later. It should offer me always the option to assign category on a per product, per item, or per file basis. It should offer me the same options for third party products.

Dang, Wanderer, ​that's quite a wish list.  I would love an automated option (#3) as well, but I won't hold my breath.  

edited April 2018

Quite happy with this one.

sCIMITARA EXOTIC ASSASIN.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 977K
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Nice one indeed!

Great atmosphere, mood and lighting.

I think the lines are very interesting on this one.

Thank you! This was one of those that sprang instantly to mind as to what I wanted to do.  Usually I start with an idea that may or may not end up being the end product but this one, i could see in its entirety immediately.

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

I'm loving the fae's especially Lavender and the one with the metal armor, really fantastic. Also the postwork on lavender is beautiful, love the softness it brings. 

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

I thought I would show the before and after on the Orc render.

Love this one, especially the dramatic lighting that brings out the muscles and the funny little cupid

The lovestruck orc is great. I never saw that one before. 

Thank you everyone!  I really believe that having to work with stuff outside my comfort zone has been a very good thing.  And being forced to create something every day has been very very good for me.

edited April 2018

Deep in a forgotten part of the Dread Mountains, evil is stirring,  testing the bounds that held it at bay for so long.  As the Elder High Queen's strength fades and she prepares to go through the final gate, evil creatures begin to stir and test the boundaries of the magic that has held them at bay for so long.  This is one of those creatures.

iXCUINA.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Deep in a forgotten part of the Dread Mountains, evil is stirring,  testing the bounds that held it at bay for so long.  As the Elder High Queen's strength fades and she prepares to go through the final gate, evil creatures begin to stir and test the boundaries of the magic that has held them at bay for so long.  This is one of those creatures.

Stunning render, Sonja! I like the subtle "psychedelic " vibe:)

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

nice render, those snake like creatures are creepy but also very cool looking. 

This discussion has been closed.