Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited December 2017

Decided to try my hand at something a bit more in the steampunk genre.

Heidi is also a V4 character.  And once again I am so impressed with how well this model holds up. 

HEIDI V4 SV SS IDA logo.jpg
    1563 x 2500 - 4M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Well, you really shined with it!  Not sure if something clicked for you recently, or if we just didn't see as much of your art on a regular basis, but these renders have been fantastic.  Congratulations, and have a great holiday season.

edited December 2017
    Diomede said:

Well, you really shined with it!  Not sure if something clicked for you recently, or if we just didn't see as much of your art on a regular basis, but these renders have been fantastic.  Congratulations, and have a great holiday season.

Thank you very much!  Honestly, I think it just finally came together.  My goal has always been to meld the 3d with the 2d, but when I first started with Daz, I wanted to spend my time really learning the program (and I still have a LOT to learn). I wanted to get to the point where the renders themselves were at least decent before I added the post work.  I wanted post work to enhance, not just cover up mistakes lol.  So the first year and a half I didn't do hardly any postwork at all. Add the fact that I am now working with deadlines, which apparently have been very good for me lol, it just seems to come together.  Still a lot I want to learn to do and I haven't given up on learning Carrara, as I think it can take my art even further.  But I'm pretty happy with how things are starting to come together.

• That's gorgeous! I really like the post work too, well done! 

• You do Steampunk very well! Great work on this. I love it. :)

Thank you both!  I've always found steampunk to be fascinating, but never felt I could do it justice lol.

I'm super excited, I've just ordered a model from Game Print (they have a great sale going on right now!). Its a Christmas gift - I ordered it primed because I want to paint it myself.  I will be posting the whole process on my blog on my website, they have been kind enough to agree to send me photos of it in progress from their end and then I will also post photos of my painting process.  Its the dragon I dial spun that I will be using in all of my future branding so I though it would be really neat to have that as a real physical object.

• I'm super excited, I've just ordered a model from Game Print (they have a great sale going on right now!). Its a Christmas gift - I ordered it primed because I want to paint it myself.  I will be posting the whole process on my blog on my website, they have been kind enough to agree to send me photos of it in progress from their end and then I will also post photos of my painting process.  Its the dragon I dial spun that I will be using in all of my future branding so I though it would be really neat to have that as a real physical object.

Now I'm super excited, can't wait to watch it progress! I've been really curious to see one painted by someone other then game print.  

I'm super excited, I've just ordered a model from Game Print (they have a great sale going on right now!). Its a Christmas gift - I ordered it primed because I want to paint it myself.  I will be posting the whole process on my blog on my website, they have been kind enough to agree to send me photos of it in progress from their end and then I will also post photos of my painting process.  Its the dragon I dial spun that I will be using in all of my future branding so I though it would be really neat to have that as a real physical object.

Now I'm super excited, can't wait to watch it progress! I've been really curious to see one painted by someone other then game print.  

Lol me too!

edited December 2017

Luna and Luna.  I used the same character for both in this one.

Who knew fairies knew how to play chess?

Luna for Genesis 8 Female

Luna and Luna.jpg
    926 x 960 - 131K
  • I'm super excited, I've just ordered a model from Game Print (they have a great sale going on right now!). Its a Christmas gift - I ordered it primed because I want to paint it myself.  I will be posting the whole process on my blog on my website, they have been kind enough to agree to send me photos of it in progress from their end and then I will also post photos of my painting process.  Its the dragon I dial spun that I will be using in all of my future branding so I though it would be really neat to have that as a real physical object.

Looking forward to seeing those pictures too.  Very cool that you are going to paint it yourself. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

She is so cute and your image is so much fun!

(Tell me I'm wrong, but doesn't the primary promo for Luna remind you of a Barbie doll? At least the Barbie's I got when I was a kid, for $2.98 each... yep, that was a long time ago.)

Looking forward to seeing those pictures too.  Very cool that you are going to paint it yourself. 

Thank you!  Will be doing the first blog post on the ordering process hopefully tomorrow.  I'm a bit behind, our son and daughter in law are up from S. Carolina and we have their dog staying with us.  He's a great dog but he's just a bit over a year old and is a typical Aussie, i.e. a ton of energy lol.  Our Aussie is 12 and not quite so active anymore!

L'Adair said:

She is so cute and your image is so much fun!

(Tell me I'm wrong, but doesn't the primary promo for Luna remind you of a Barbie doll? At least the Barbie's I got when I was a kid, for $2.98 each... yep, that was a long time ago.)

Thank you!  And you are not wrong lol! My sister and I spent many an hour playing with some that looked very much like that promo.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing!  Lots of good memories...

edited December 2017

Water Nymph

I'm all of a sudden getting a lot of use out of the Animated Ocean by PA Philosopher. Renders beautifully.

This is Nyneve for G3F

Rasta Tails (one of my favorite hair props - IIRC it comes with 4 types of tails including two buns, and lots of movement morphs and hair blending options)

And she is actually wearing cltohes - Aeon Soul's Alphakini - which has been on my wishlist since I first laid eyes on it when I first started using Daz Studio 2 years ago.  I finally picked it up a couple days ago. 

Daz Studio 4.10 Iray

Photoshop CC

NYNEVE SS IDA final.jpg
    1206 x 1674 - 1M
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Water Nymph

I'm all of a sudden getting a lot of use out of the Animated Ocean by PA Philosopher. Renders beautifully.

This is Nyneve for G3F

Rasta Tails (one of my favorite hair props - IIRC it comes with 4 types of tails including two buns, and lots of movement morphs and hair blending options)

And she is actually wearing cltohes - Aeon Soul's Alphakini - which has been on my wishlist since I first laid eyes on it when I first started using Daz Studio 2 years ago.  I finally picked it up a couple days ago. 

Daz Studio 4.10 Iray

Photoshop CC

Gorgeous render! I love how colorful, yet dream-like, it is. Beautiful work, Sonja! 

Thank you very much Diva!

• Oh, love the one with the chess playing. Very cool! I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with your 3D print, too. That's exciting. We want lots pictures! :)

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

Great render. I really like the water. :)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Water Nymph

This is Nyneve for G3F

Daz Studio 4.10 Iray

Photoshop CC

This is a beautiful work with the water, the mood and the light!

Thank you everyone!  I am super excited about the game print as well.  I need to get my blogpost written on the ordering process today.  I'm behind a bit, I've been struggling with a bad head cold.  The ordering process for was super easy for me.The hardest part was deciding what I wanted to do.

edited December 2017

This character is actually three in one, you get a young girl, an older teen and a grownup.  Lots of fun make up, the little girl has the cutest animal face make up.  You can find her here. 

Edited to fix link

REGINA SS IDA FINAL.jpg
    1563 x 2500 - 3M
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Just to let you know Sonja the links goes to a 404 Error on your last posting.

Amazing renders so far, so looking forward to seeing much more renders.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Thanks Saph and thanks to whomever fixed it for me.

I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays, and to thank everyone for the support and encouragement through out the year.  You guys have pushed me to be better, and I really value the friendships I've made here. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also! Well, you always encouraged myself and others on our art work and have always been very friendly and helpful. :)

Thank you Liana!

Thank you Liana!

:)

edited December 2017

Prae's Neo Rose Hair

SecondCircle's Karen for G8F

Arki's Corvus Outfit

The background is mine.  If anyone is interested I can post some of these backgrounds on Novica's free background thread.

NEO ROSE HAIR SS IDA LOGO.jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 2M

That is lovely. :)

edited December 2017

Effie for G3F by Anagord

EFFIE SS IDA logo.jpg
    1563 x 2500 - 974K
This discussion has been closed.