Render your buys! ALL TIME Challenges

Comments

• acbacb Posts: 368
    edited November 2023

#AnythingGoes

Yesterday I had the great idea to use Thickener Plug-In (I baught a year ago) for a blanket, for that it's not just a dforced plane anymore. Then, while rendering, sid posted a render in the other thread, in which he used the Thickener and Llola Lane commented that it would be good for blankets... hm...

I guess others also have great ideas laugh

Anyway, here's my take on it:

While sleeping

Other relevant assets come from Nikolai 9 HD Santa Bundle.

WhileSleeping.jpg
    5120 x 1920 - 1M
    Post edited by acb on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,075

acb said:

#AnythingGoes

Yesterday I had the great idea to use Thickener Plug-In (I baught a year ago) for a blanket, for that it's not just a dforced plane anymore. Then, while rendering, sid posted a render in the other thread, in which he used the Thickener and Llola Lane commented that it would be good for blankets... hm...

While sleeping

Ha.... Great minds think alike ;)  Now I don't need to do my render... you did EXACTLY what I was thinking... lol  Well done acb

• acb That's such a sweet render! Great use of the Thickener Plug-In, which I too have had for good while, but keep forgetting to use...

Thanks, both of you! smiley

A strange coincidence nonetheless.

Hum... seems I didn't add the unlock key to the tickener so I didn't remember I even had it.  I'm finding all sorts of scripts I forgot I had... I may just need to experiment here with all these nifty tools I have!

• sidsid Posts: 401

acb said:

#AnythingGoes

While sleeping

Sweet! And the sneaky santa!

It's a small world, isn't it? But a really fun plug-in and perfect for rugs and blankets. I'm overjoyed I now don't need to run back in foward between Blender and Daz just for a mm of extra thickness. (I need some open source persian rug textures next...)

Some great experiments on the PA's thread too: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/511456/released-thickener-plugin-commercial/p1#

sid said:

Some great experiments on the PA's thread too: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/511456/released-thickener-plugin-commercial/p1#

Thanks for the linky sid... I'm gonna have to look over the 20pages this weekend... I played a little with it today on a dress and I'm having trouble with poke throughs n such... Tried smoothing... that doesn't seem to work much with the thickener... I'm sure there will be some hints for me on that linky.  (fingers crossed)  

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,121
    edited November 2023

I debated whether to post this one here or in the "New stuff" thread, since it's almost literally half and half new vs old stuff, but decided to post it here 1) because I hadn't posted one here yet; 2) because I am pretty darn sure that I have never used this no-longer available Christmas freebie; 3) along with the kitchen sink, it even includes a new item from "that other place" and 4) Thickener! So .... #AnythingGoes.

My other seasonal item in the New Stuff thread (the woman in the empty room decked out for a holiday meal, with no one else in sight) was not so cheery, so I decided to go with something a little more jolly this time ...

New
    https://www.daz3d.com/snow-day
    https://www.daz3d.com/first-snow--iray-snowflakes
    https://www.daz3d.com/i13-winter-fun-pose-collection-for-the-genesis-3-female-s
    https://www.daz3d.com/fe-ashlee-hair-for-genesis-9
    (um ... a hair from elsewhere)

Old

https://www.daz3d.com/iray-distance-fog
    M3D Christmas Knitted Hat For Genesis 8 Females and Genesis 8.1 Females (no longer available)
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-winter-trendy-outfit-for-genesis-8-females
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-winter-trendy-outfit-add-on
    https://www.daz3d.com/winter-dweller-for-genesis-8-males
    https://www.daz3d.com/thickener-plug-in

SnowDay.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 669K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • I guess this is #AnythingGoes, although I haven't used several of these before. Was happy with how the lighting turned out.

[Gallery Link]

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,095

stelari said:

I guess this is #AnythingGoes, although I haven't used several of these before. Was happy with how the lighting turned out.

I like the lighting too. Very soft and warm.

Struck

I was pondering whether to post it here on the new thread, but it turned out that I only used 3 items from the last two months, dForce Sand's Enchantress Outfit for Genesis 9 and dForce Sand's Enchantress Outfit for Genesis 9 Texture Add-On, while I have 4 new, never used before things from October: VDB Electrical Sandstorm, Ron's Lightning FX, Orestes HDRI Skydomes Vol. 3 - Vega System, and EG Moxing for Genesis 9 (I think I haven't used her yet...), so I guess together they qualify for #4New. :) 

The rest of items in the gallery.

• paulawp (marahzen) Lovely characters!

stelari Agreed. The lighting is soft and dreamy, Nicely done!

joanna Ouch! That's gotta hurt! surprise Love the setting in combo with the HDRI and the sandstorm!

• ElorElor Posts: 740
    edited December 2023

First time I'm using Michael 9 in a 'true' render (I only used him to show someone's how skins worked on Genesis 9 in the Products Suggestions forum) and I think it's the very first time I'm using his muscle shirt, so it's the for #AnythingGoes…Kinda…Maybe?!? challenge blush

'Too late, Sholmès'

Post edited by Elor on

SapphireBlue said:

joanna Ouch! That's gotta hurt! surprise Love the setting in combo with the HDRI and the sandstorm!

Thank you. I was surprised myself how well the setting turned out, especially with a bit of depth of field and postwork. I might try to use it more often.

edited December 2023

SapphireBlue said:

joanna Ouch! That's gotta hurt! surprise

Yes, but if her heart was fribillating just before being struck, she received a needed shock to help defibrillate it (not sure if it would be useful when her brain was likely fried in the process, but beggars can be choosers angel).

And the render looks really good yes

Post edited by Elor on
  • mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

edited December 2023

The picture is currently not showing in your message: did you get the link before posting the gallery ?

I saw it on the gallery, and I tempted to say that there is likely something in what that reinder is given to eat laugh

Post edited by Elor on
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 874
    edited December 2023

Wishing everyone a wonderful Holiday Season and Happy New Year! heart I've been enjoying seeing all the lovely renders in the Render Your Buys threads every day. It's really inspiring to see what everyone makes. Thank you for sharing and keeping us all inspired. Today it's time to push this one back up! wink

I'm a bit of a challenge junkie. I've been working on some music challenges and trying to combine them with #mostlynew challenges for this thread, so I can use more of my DAZ buys in fun projects. I feel a desperate need to do this so I can feel justified in how much I've bought here! blush And also, these lovely things deserve to see the light of day in all the projects we may have envisioned with them when we pressed that buy button.

Anywho, I worked on the following song and music video for a December "lights" music challenge, and went with something sweet and romantic and laid-back for the renders: An idyllic romantic getaway! The perfect inspiration was Polish's gorgeously romantic "Glowing Beach" bundle, which is the picture-perfect setting for the video. Shout-out to Polish for creating such a no-expense-spared beautiful destination, and a fully furnished yacht to get us there! I vicariously enjoyed the private island get-away experience through my 3D couple for a good chunk of December... laugh

Most things in the scenes are items I rendered out for the first time, except specifically the hairs. I auditioned many new hairs, but fell back to a couple of my over-used AprilYSH ones... smiley The male character is too many morphs and things to list, but all of them were used for the first time. Lots of impossible-to-now-remember pose sets offered great, near perfect starting points for these scenes too.

Heads up for people using the Glowing Beach bundle - it is heavy on resources as mentioned elsewhere in the forums and even with one character kept reverting to CPU for renders. But that meant that I finally got to try out Scene Optimizer! I saved the resulting scene for use for the entire render series, and it all went very smoothly. What an amazingly useful product! --- Some of the new stuff: 

Glowing Beach Bundle
    The lovely DD Maia
    MI Summer Casual Outfit
    Sunny Days 2
    Scene Optimizer

Post edited by SapphireBlue on

SapphireBlue said:

Wishing everyone a wonderful Holiday Season and Happy New Year! heart I've been enjoying seeing all the lovely renders in the Render Your Buys threads every day. It's really inspiring to see what everyone makes. Thank you for sharing and keeping us all inspired. Today it's time to push this one back up! wink

I'm a bit of a challenge junkie. I've been working on some music challenges and trying to combine them with #mostlynew challenges for this thread, so I can use more of my DAZ buys in fun projects. I feel a desparate need to do this so I can feel justified in how much I've bought here! blush And also, these lovely things deserve to see the light of day in all the projects we may have envisioned with them when we pressed that buy button.

Anywho, I worked on the following song and music video for a December "lights" music challenge, and went with something sweet and romantic and laid-back for the renders: An idyllic romantic getaway! The perfect inspiration was Polish's gorgeously romantic "Glowing Beach" bundle, which is the picture-perfect setting for the video. Shout-out to Polish for creating such a no-expense-spared beautiful destination, and a fully furnished yacht to get us there! I vicariously enjoyed the private island get-away experience through my 3D couple for a good chunk of December... laugh

-------------

Most things in the scenes are items I rendered out for the first time, except specifically the hairs. I auditioned many new hairs, but fell back to a couple of my over-used AprilYSH ones... smiley The male character is too many morphs and things to list, but all of them were used for the first time. Lots of impossible-to-now-remember pose sets offered great, near perfect starting points for these scenes too.

Heads up for people using the Glowing Beach bundle - it is heavy on resources as mentioned elsewhere in the forums and even with one character kept reverting to CPU for renders. But that meant that I finally got to try out Scene Optimizer! I saved the resulting scene for use for the entire render series, and it all went very smoothly. What an amazingly useful product! --- Some of the new stuff: 

Glowing Beach Bundle
    The lovely DD Maia
    MI Summer Casual Outfit
    Sunny Days 2
    Scene Optimizer

Just lovely SapphireBlue... well done!  Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidayzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(You gonna hold this thread open after the sales?  I'll have more time to render once the New Year hits... What's better to do in the winter than render artwork???) 

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 874
    edited December 2023

Llola Lane said:

Just lovely SapphireBlue... well done!  Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidayzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(You gonna hold this thread open after the sales?  I'll have more time to render once the New Year hits... What's better to do in the winter than render artwork???) 

Thanks so much Llola! heartHope you're enjoying your trip! smiley

Oh we're definitely keeping this thread open!! yes Every month, I only seem to have more and more items that I've never rendered out, so there's always more to try out for this thread. I'm sure I can't be the only one. Looking forward to seeing all your artwork! I know you'll keep us inspired. smileyheart

Post edited by SapphireBlue on

SapphireBlue said:

Llola Lane said:

Thanks so much Llola! heartHope you're enjoying your trip! smiley

Oh we're definitely keeping this thread open!! yes Every month, I only seem to have more and more items that I've never rendered out, so there's always more to try out for this thread. I'm sure I can't be the only one. Looking forward to seeing all your artwork! I know you'll keep us inspired. smileyheart

Thanks SapphireBlue ... It is almost 11pm and I'm at the hotel and not tired... lol.  Wish I could render something for ya but I only have a tiny laptop... lol.  Not much hard drive... I'll see what I can do... if I can't get anything to render... I'll create something tomorrow when I get home :)  Merry Christmas... Hugzzzzzzzzzz

• SapphireBlue said:

I'm a bit of a challenge junkie. I've been working on some music challenges and trying to combine them with #mostlynew challenges for this thread, so I can use more of my DAZ buys in fun projects. I feel a desperate need to do this so I can feel justified in how much I've bought here! blush And also, these lovely things deserve to see the light of day in all the projects we may have envisioned with them when we pressed that buy button.

[snip]

That is a very good tune,  and "The Bachelor" like visuals work really well with it too. You are a storyteller with lyrics, musics, and images.

• Well, this one totally knocked out a bunch of stuff I bought and never used (alongside some new purchases!). Ton of things used here, so, here's the Gallery page with everything I used. I have used Gina (the model), the parallax backgrounds and the presents before. Everything else is either something I never tried out, ooooor tried and never rendered :)

• FirstBastion said:

That is a very good tune,  and "The Bachelor" like visuals work really well with it too. You are a storyteller with lyrics, musics, and images.

<You are a storyteller with lyrics, musics, and images.> That's the loveliest compliment. Thank you so much! heartsmiley

<"The Bachelor"> Omg, I can see it now. surprise I don't think I've ever watched a proper episode, but I've seen plenty of ads with the super romantic settings and the dramatic voice narrations? Hahaha, I never even thought... Argh. Well, I'm taking back the right to use those lovely settings without the reality tv drama and weirdness... Eek. laugh

Nerevarine Always love your comps and lighting. Very atmospheric! smiley

edited January 14

#AnythingGoes

Recently I watched YT videos about nature photography and liked it very much. And found my camera. But looking outside I realized it's cold out there ...

Instead I started my computer and saw a bunch of pixels and decided to combine both things:

Singing RGB

The old new product in this is Winged Wonders with Winged Wonders - Feathers Style 1.

P.S.: I had to dig this thread up from page 7. We need more entries in here wink

BirdPixel.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 477K
    Post edited by acb on
  • acb That is sooooo cute. Love it! heart

And YES, we need more entries in here!!

• #AnythingGoes #StuffSoAncient

"Rehearsal," WIP: Another picture of Lady Liane and her Pocket. This one is more circus themed, something I never do. They are practicing a new routine with their friend the blink dog (D&D teleporting canine). Not satisfied with the lighting, which is my goto SY Good To Go Lights (In her other store). Never had a washed out look with that particular HDRI from the set, so I will have to do more work. I might have held off until I figured out the lights but I wanted to kee the thread in the Center Ring!

Stars Liane/Topsy, Pocket (scaled up not down this time!) & Dog 8 (mostly) Lab.

Ancient items: Carnival Big Tent https://www.daz3d.com/carnival-big-tent & WilmaP's free G2 Ballet Dress. Maybe Fuseling's Elements of Magic https://www.daz3d.com/fsl-elements-of-magic counts as Ancient, since I've not used it, I bought it in 2017 and it wasn't new then.

BONUS!

I found the second render, which I'd forgotten about, and couldn't resist posting it. It's from last year, but I've not shown it off except to a couple friends. The environment is Predatron's Path To Greywood https://www.daz3d.com/path-to-greywood

(I will have other subjects next time. If I don't freeze. Still, snowing, minus 5F windchill at 5pm, & our lpace is old & not well insulated, alas.)

rehearsal.jpg
    392 x 555 - 192K
    blink pony and Liane.jpg
    392 x 555 - 245K

acb said:

#AnythingGoes

Recently I watched YT videos about nature photography and liked it very much. And found my camera. But looking outside I realized it's cold out there ...

Instead I started my computer and saw a bunch of pixels and decided to combine both things:

Singing RGB

-------

The old new product in this is Winged Wonders with Winged Wonders - Feathers Style 1.

P.S.: I had to dig this thread up from page 7. We need more entries in here wink

Greeeeeeeeeeat... another product added to my wish list... chaa chiiiiiiiing!  lol.  I'm lovin' the realisticness of the feathers on the birds.  Well done!

edited January 27

I meant to post this one some time back in December, but well, it slipped my mind.

#4new

There's a bunch of not so new but never used stuff. First of all, Siorga Dorcha. Her skin didn't quite work for the wintery setting and christmassy outfit, so I swapped it out. Then, the horns and wings didn't match either, so I played around with Snow and Frost Shaders. And Mrs. Klaus outfit haven't been used since I got it in December 2023. And I'm pretty sure I haven't used Iray Winter Light Kit either.

Postwork in Affinity Photo.

wintery-p2.jpg
    2014 x 2900 - 3M
    Post edited by joanna on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,121
    edited January 27

Nice to see this thread pop back up to the top! Here's one I put in my gallery a couple of days ago, consisting of some things new and some things old:

I was originally doing something different with it but got sidetracked with the reflections from the view through the window of the couple running by.

https://www.daz3d.com/xi-japanese-ally
    https://www.daz3d.com/hs-whispering-waves-hair-for-genesis-9-8-and-81
    https://www.daz3d.com/casual-summer-for-genesis-3-female-s
    https://www.daz3d.com/hair-set-for-genesis-8-male-s
    https://www.daz3d.com/edgecut-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-males
    https://www.daz3d.com/boardwalk-casual-outfit-for-genesis-8-male-s
    https://www.daz3d.com/boardwalk-casual-outfit-textures
    https://www.daz3d.com/z-clingy-and-needy-poses-for-genesis-3-and-8

wrongplace-reflection.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 831K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on