I have a horrible habit of buying too many things that never get rendered. So here is Lady of Fate and FG Medieval Bedroom :) Just a very simple and quick render put together to take the outfit for a spin after spending far too long making custom textures for it... I figured I may as well enjoy the textures that came with the silly thing :P
I just bought it recently. Stonemason maintains its consistently high quality. I originally wanted to use an Asian street style, but the material is a bit worn and clashes too much with the background.
I've been searching for a suitable lake scene, and my favorite is the atmosphere of Zen Mountain, but it's huge and difficult to render. Then I found Lake Muirné. I knew Toyen had many beautiful hair and clothing products, but I didn't expect Lake Muirné to be so good—it's very lightweight and easy to render.
This was heavily a test of a new version of my LowPi modifications - while the closest figures to the camera are still Genesis, I felt more confident about being able to mix the two figure types together fairly close in to the camera, so this is what resulted.
However, it also had me using a lot of new stuff, so:
And indeed, the entire environment , which is from TruForm over at Rendo (although I'm unimpressed by what appear to be some AI generated textures, but those are all replaced or covered up here).
I can see the lowpis instantly but I've used them a lot in my stuff. They do blend in better than I would have thought possible. What is your modification (in a nutshell)?
In a nutshell, new morphs, new textures, new materials.
It means a slight increase in resource load, but because of the way it's set up, those textures get instanced across all the LowPis in the scene and it doesn't add up to more than about an extra 15-20MB of VRAM across even an entire large crowd. Which is considerably less than if I needed to use more Genesis figures to fill in the midground, so I think by spending those few extra MB, I can actually see it as a net reduction.
That's really cool. How possible is it to distribute without running into copyright issues?
I've been working on this with appropriately licenced resources, so copyright isn't an issue.
There's some technical stuff I need to look at though; right now to function it requires overriding the presets that currently exist (so that the script uses the modified version) and I need to work out if there's a more technically correct way to approach that.
I've often thought a set of MidPi figures that work seemlessly in the LowPi script ecosystem would be a useful product.
I believe Lyrra Madril has had some plans for a MidPi for a while, although given that FeralFey (who was doing the poses in these sets) passed away some months ago, that may have impacted the process.
That's really cool. How possible is it to distribute without running into copyright issues?
I've been working on this with appropriately licenced resources, so copyright isn't an issue.
There's some technical stuff I need to look at though; right now to function it requires overriding the presets that currently exist (so that the script uses the modified version) and I need to work out if there's a more technically correct way to approach that.
I've often thought a set of MidPi figures that work seemlessly in the LowPi script ecosystem would be a useful product.
I believe Lyrra Madril has had some plans for a MidPi for a while, although given that FeralFey (who was doing the poses in these sets) passed away some months ago, that may have impacted the process.
I'm loving your updated version, would be cool to see it make it into the store somehow.
I'm loving your updated version, would be cool to see it make it into the store somehow.
They indeed appear again here.
I'm still working on it, but I'm trying to see if there's a way I can add basic facial posing to them, as I'm finding they can now be brought close enough to the camera that what often lets them down is their blank expressions.
The best time of a working day is the moment between ending a nice meal and paying it, when you can enjoy a good book with (or without frankly) your favourite beverage, and that's exactly what Mira is doing in this render:
Two newly bought product
the very nice dForce Chic Jacket Dress for Genesis 9 by outoftouch, for which I created a CBS for Mira 9, before setting a timelined simulation which processed smoothly. I just had to raise the SubD render level to get smooth shadows.
Mira's pose is from the SE Sushi Lover Poses for Genesis 9 (barely modified, I though I would need to tweak it more, but picking a sushi or grabing a cup of beverage while reading a book are apparently more similar than I originally though)
Formal MEGA Wardrobe for Genesis 8 Female(s) (it's nice, but the way the various items are fitting together is still a bit perplexing: I think it's done using a combination of morphs and opacity maps)
I have a list of all products used (thank to the extractor created for Chromium by someone whose name is escaping me right now) and will share it once the gallery is back, but if something is striking your fancy, ask away.
If it's useful to someone else, the Chic Jacket Dress simulation was done starting from the default pose, with no key applied to Mira (her position is only set at frame=0). I made copies of the chair and table to use in the simulation, then moved them out of the way at frame 0:
the copy of the chair started behind her and lower than it is on the render (the goal was to mimick the way someone wearing a dress will usually use their hands to keep the dress close to their legs while they are sitting) and ended in it's definitive position at Frame 15 (out of 30). I had to tweak its starting position to allow it to catch the dress as I intended.
the copy table started on her left before sliding back to it's original position (except for the height, because I did the simulation without the tablecloth, so I raise the table a bit to avoid the sleeves clipping too much inside the tablecloth).
Once I was happy with the result, and because I hate working with a timeline active in a scene with the burning passion of an infinite number of suns, I used the ever useful dForce Archmage to extract the morph at the end of the simulation before applying it at the beginning of it and voila, no more timeline
Heavily modified render for cover art for my book (this is a detective story) and character profiles (Magic Brush Xaria, I think I bought this model in the previous month)
Comments
A close up of CJ lily 8k HD
This Retro Futures Spaceship is amazing

https://www.daz3d.com/retro-futures-spaceship
Please watch my video on YouTube
Thanks for sharing your render!
May I ask what the environment is?
It is West Park Committed
Oh wow, that really cleaned up nice with your shader upgrades. Well done!
I have a horrible habit of buying too many things that never get rendered. So here is Lady of Fate and FG Medieval Bedroom :) Just a very simple and quick render put together to take the outfit for a spin after spending far too long making custom textures for it... I figured I may as well enjoy the textures that came with the silly thing :P
https://www.daz3d.com/meditation-gardens
https://www.daz3d.com/lake-muirn
Simple test.
I just bought it recently. Stonemason maintains its consistently high quality. I originally wanted to use an Asian street style, but the material is a bit worn and clashes too much with the background.
I've been searching for a suitable lake scene, and my favorite is the atmosphere of Zen Mountain, but it's huge and difficult to render. Then I found Lake Muirné. I knew Toyen had many beautiful hair and clothing products, but I didn't expect Lake Muirné to be so good—it's very lightweight and easy to render.
This was heavily a test of a new version of my LowPi modifications - while the closest figures to the camera are still Genesis, I felt more confident about being able to mix the two figure types together fairly close in to the camera, so this is what resulted.
However, it also had me using a lot of new stuff, so:
Recent releases (or at least recent buys):
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-country-style-mini-dress-for-genesis-9 (released this week)
https://www.daz3d.com/aelia-9 (released August)
https://www.daz3d.com/f3d-street-beat-outfit-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-female (some of it, anyway. Released August)
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-olivia-workout-bun-hair-for-genesis-9 (Released July)
https://www.daz3d.com/zuna-and-accessories-for-genesis-9 (Released July)
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-elias-aero-textured-haircut-for-genesis-9 (Bought out of last month's Outlet)
At a real stretch, the cardboard box is from this week's https://www.daz3d.com/atn-japanese-budget-apartment but I don't think I'm going to count that as actually using the product.
Stuff that isn't technically the last couple of months, but is still a relatively recent release or purchases:
https://www.daz3d.com/shanaya-hd-with-expression-for-genesis-9 (released June)
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-kuj-fae-grunge-reverie-set-for-genesis-9 (released June)
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-7-in-1-sport-wear-wardrobe-1-for-genesis-9 (released May)
https://www.daz3d.com/moyu-moto-combat-boot-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-female (released May)
https://www.daz3d.com/ly-riko-for-genesis-9 (recent Lyoness Flash sale)
Stuff I've had for a while but don't think I've previously used:
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mens-modern-clothing-set-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-outdoorsy-outfit-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/ripley-hair-for-genesis-9-and-81-male
https://www.daz3d.com/fe-side-bob-hair-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/alo-kasia-hair-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-females
https://www.daz3d.com/x-fashion-color-cross-swimsuit-hat-for-genesis-8-and-81-females
https://www.daz3d.com/elliot-sport-sandals-for-genesis-9-and-8
And indeed, the entire environment , which is from TruForm over at Rendo (although I'm unimpressed by what appear to be some AI generated textures, but those are all replaced or covered up here).
I can see the lowpis instantly but I've used them a lot in my stuff. They do blend in better than I would have thought possible. What is your modification (in a nutshell)?
In a nutshell, new morphs, new textures, new materials.
It means a slight increase in resource load, but because of the way it's set up, those textures get instanced across all the LowPis in the scene and it doesn't add up to more than about an extra 15-20MB of VRAM across even an entire large crowd. Which is considerably less than if I needed to use more Genesis figures to fill in the midground, so I think by spending those few extra MB, I can actually see it as a net reduction.
That's really cool. How possible is it to distribute without running into copyright issues?
I've often thought a set of MidPi figures that work seemlessly in the LowPi script ecosystem would be a useful product.
I've been working on this with appropriately licenced resources, so copyright isn't an issue.
There's some technical stuff I need to look at though; right now to function it requires overriding the presets that currently exist (so that the script uses the modified version) and I need to work out if there's a more technically correct way to approach that.
I believe Lyrra Madril has had some plans for a MidPi for a while, although given that FeralFey (who was doing the poses in these sets) passed away some months ago, that may have impacted the process.
Putting https://www.daz3d.com/one-shoulder-leather-outfit-for-genesis-9 out of the Golden Ticket bundle to use
I think it might also be my first time using https://www.daz3d.com/city-bus although I've definitely had that for ages.
It's been a while since I posted, because most of the renders in the last months were for my books, so I wasn't sure if I should share.
But I got the bundle a few days ago along with some poses, so I put together a new image.
Used:
Gena Hair for G9, One-Shoulder Leather Outfit for G9, and XI Cyberpunk Slum from Glenda for G9 Alien Character Bundle and Fight of Flight poses.
PS Matt_Castle, nice use of the same bundle! :)
I'm loving your updated version, would be cool to see it make it into the store somehow.
We've got a very edited version of Chris Cox's Creekside Outfit, as well another cobbled together from parts of https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-dale-western-outfit-for-genesis-9-and-8-female and https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-deadline-reporter-outfit-for-genesis-9-and-8-female (recent purchases, even if not recent releases) with https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-su-long-jeans-for-genesis-9-81-and-8-female
Also https://www.daz3d.com/fencing-hall - an older purchase, but not one I've put to use yet.
They indeed appear again here.
I'm still working on it, but I'm trying to see if there's a way I can add basic facial posing to them, as I'm finding they can now be brought close enough to the camera that what often lets them down is their blank expressions.
The best time of a working day is the moment between ending a nice meal and paying it, when you can enjoy a good book with (or without frankly) your favourite beverage, and that's exactly what Mira is doing in this render:
Two newly bought product
Newly used but in my library for a while are
I have a list of all products used (thank to the extractor created for Chromium by someone whose name is escaping me right now) and will share it once the gallery is back, but if something is striking your fancy, ask away.
If it's useful to someone else, the Chic Jacket Dress simulation was done starting from the default pose, with no key applied to Mira (her position is only set at frame=0). I made copies of the chair and table to use in the simulation, then moved them out of the way at frame 0:
Once I was happy with the result, and because I hate working with a timeline active in a scene with the burning passion of an infinite number of suns, I used the ever useful dForce Archmage to extract the morph at the end of the simulation before applying it at the beginning of it and voila, no more timeline
I am a big fan of FenixPhoenix and I bought ljosalfar-for-genesis-9 last month. I decided to pair him with silvan of https://www.daz3d.com/ndfp-woods-druids-for-genesis-9
I also did a very Franzetta like angel render with FenixPhoenix's Vega
Really nice renders, nemesis10! Love the light and the colors.
Thank you! I must confess that Sickleyield's https://www.daz3d.com/sy-invisilights-iray as well as a Svena background image mapped to a primitive plane and made emissive in the former image and Orestes' https://www.daz3d.com/orestes-iray-hdri-skydomes-vol-3-vega-system is doing the heavy lifting.
I love the Invisilights too! This is probably my most used ghost light set, with KindredArts's Cinematic Ghost Lights coming close second recently.
Heavily modified render for cover art for my book (this is a detective story) and character profiles (Magic Brush Xaria, I think I bought this model in the previous month)