Render your buys! Use buys from the current month and the previous month of sales

SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 846
edited February 12 in The Commons

Here's a thread for all of us mad shoppers to actually try, test and use our purchases (rather than just add to our collection) and upload the awful, beautiful, thoughtful, terrible renders. It doesn't matter which. Doesn't matter if it took you a few minutes or days.
Masterpieces are great. But so are totally random rubbish test renders! Just render those buys!!! (Or at least some of them.)

Maybe we can keep this thread and just update it for each sale and carry on.
You can write a few words with your render, or you can tell a whole story with links to the new items you're trying out. 
Hope we can keep each other inspired to not just shop, but actually use some of this stuff! wink

Starting with: 2023 Premier Artist Sale (Sep, 2023)

Post edited by SapphireBlue on

Comments

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,068
    edited September 2023

Ooh, I got one. Lacking any better ideas of what to call it at midnight on a work night, I called it "Peevish in Pink."

New dress and pose, but the main thing I was testing here was the 1-Click PBR. I'm still testing both G8 and G9 for my custom characters, but when using G8 as a base, this was a consideration.

PeevishInPink.jpg
    1825 x 1825 - 2M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • Bought Howie Farkes Stone bridge.  Nice add on for ultra scenery

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 846
    edited September 2023

paulawp (marahzen) Very pretty render! Her skin looks great (I also got that 1-click PBR - haven't tried it though). The dforce on the dress is lovely, and the play of light and shadows.

FirstBastion That's a very serene render! I got the bridge along with thousands of others I daresay. Hope we can all enjoy it. Great that you put it to use immediately! 

Alright, as I was setting up the thread, I thought I should put my money where my mouth is and do a quick render too. This is my first render with any of my insane number of PA sale buys. I used VYK's BW skin shaders, a new trenchcoat and HID Kayla from this week's haul. But pretty sure this is the first time I've used the hair, environment, prop and pose set too (older buys). blush Only brightened the render up a little in post.

All I remember, was that she was wearing red and she had a gun...

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,380

This thread is a lovely idea, I'm gonna bookmark it.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,336
    edited September 2023

I also picked up this Artist's Studio during the sale. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,796

I bought myself into Howie Farkes Ultra scenery and Code 66 tools for that

• mdingmding Posts: 1,137

Wow, with 5 such awesome renders i think it is important to remind people that the OP  also welcomes (quote)

totally random rubbish test renders

just saying...

mding said:

Wow, with 5 such awesome renders i think it is important to remind people that the OP  also welcomes (quote)

just saying...

I have made enoguh of those, I usually don't keep them though ;)

• Oh I'm loving all the renders! heartheartheart And I'm definitely feeling inspired. So much so that instead of looking over the store offerings longer than I should, I took a quick glance and opened up DS instead! And it's so much more fun to actually try things out. smiley

Since I've been watching some romantic anime, I felt like doing an over-the-top render in that vein. I used Goanna's Yamazaki and Satomi who joined my runtime with the PA sale, one of Sue Yee's hairs and Ron's Flourishes brushes. I seem to have accumulated most of Ron's brushes at this point, but haven't used more than a handful. I need to go crazy in post work and use more of those! This is also the first time I'm using some of my older buys of Neftis hair, the two outfits, and the HDRI.

I'm feeling good! I'm using stuff!! laugh

Romantic manga/anime anyone??

• mding said:

just saying...

Haha! For sure. I'm going to try and add a few of my random experiments too, when I get to those. They can be so terrible that they can be a lot of fun. smiley 

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    Daz.jpg
    794 x 581 - 130K
  • ShimrianShimrian Posts: 475
    edited September 2023

I bought DalilaTwist Hair for Genesis 9 and Natural Movements Pack for Genesis 9 during the PA Sale. This was my test render playing with lights. I'm waiting for another gift card sale so I can get the Angela 9 bundle without Dalila and with the hair.  =) 

Dalila looking over sholder

Link to image in gallery.

Post edited by Shimrian on
  • Linwelly said:

mding said:

just saying...

I never throw any renders away, even the really unexpected miss "takes"  and there are plenty of those. I like keeping a record of the evolution of a scene from idea to finshed. I do convert them to jpg so they take up less space.  

FirstBastion said:

Linwelly said:

mding said:

just saying...

I never throw any renders away, even the really unexpected miss "takes"  and there are plenty of those. I like keeping a record of the evolution of a scene from idea to finshed. I do convert them to jpg so they take up less space.  

with the amount I'm rendering I would need three times the storage space I have now :D

• A lot of my product tests don't make it all the way to being rendered to completion, but I hardly ever clean out the ones that do.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

render my buys?  I have to install them first.  Be back in a month at best.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,137

I am now proud owner of:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-capsule-wardrobe-01-for-genesis-9 and the texture-addon: https://www.daz3d.com/capsule-wardrobe-01-texture-addon

Also the beautiful https://www.daz3d.com/attic-bedroom (here without bed) and https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-dayna-hd-for-eva-7 i received for a silly price - thankyou very much, esha, Digitallab3D and Fred Winkler Art/ Sabby!

I celebrate this with this rubbish 7% quality 1 test render which i did in order to find out where mesh grabber needs to be used laugh

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,068
    edited September 2023

Here's a mishmash of a bunch of stuff acquired so far at the PA sale:

1970's Era Motels | Daz 3D
    dForce H&C Hawaiian Shirts Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s) | Daz 3D

Elite Soldier Hierarchical Poses for Lawrence 9 | Daz 3D (on a G8.1, necessitating some compromises so don't look too closely)

George Hair Set | Daz 3D

It's pure Miami Vice-inspired, junky cheese. The first thing that crossed my mind when I put the George hair on this figure was a flashback to early 1980s cops/PI shows.

Trouble-1985.jpg
    2000 x 1183 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • ElorElor Posts: 691
    edited September 2023

mding said:

just saying...

Just sharing then laugh

It's a couple of renders with Fanny from Xiu Lin 9 HD and Fanny Bundle, sitting, standing and, well, cheating, on stadiometers (I still have to find how to pose her sitting and cheating blush), the hairs are from this month Outoftouch's Golden Ticket (Long Hair and Bangs for Genesis 9) and some morphs from Natural Movements Pack for Genesis 9 are active.

The clothes are from the Mango Movement Collection for Genesis 9, the textures from its textures pack but I didn't bought nether the base product nor the textures pack this month.

Finally, the stadiometers are freebies from Heryun and I did the posing, using Heryun's renders as a guide.

And… I have no idea how to insert an attached file inside a message blush, I'll see if I can edit the message after posting it to include them directly. Edit: seems to work now.

Fanny 01.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 157K
    Fanny 02.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 135K
    Fanny 03.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 135K
    Post edited by Elor on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,149
    edited September 2023

I've been very very guilty of shopping too much and rendering too little, so I forced myself to do a quick render (it definitely does not fit into the masterpiece catagory, but here goes)

Athena's Owl

New items used: DS Fantasy Owl and Natural Movements Pack

Athenas Owl.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 550K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited September 2023

I got the new set of magic staves today, in the first version I treid to render them with the Knight's Castle but that was awfully slow and stayed very grainy thogh the setting looks lovely

I changed the environment then and that worked much better

test render stave of Magic.png
    2500 x 1406 - 7M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,336
    edited September 2023

I did buy a few vehicles over the last week, so figured a quick test render with  all of them, should help trigger some ideas for me to render them. The yacht is approx. 10% of its actual size.

Post edited by FirstBastion on

MelanieL said:

I've been very very guilty of shopping too much and rendering too little, so I forced myself to do a quick render (it definitely does not fit into the masterpiece catagory, but here goes)

Athena's Owl

With a owl on my naked fingers, I don't think I would not be as serene as she is blush

The whole scene looks really nice yes

FirstBastion said:

I did buy a few vehicles over the last week, so figured a quick test render with  all of them, should help trigger some ideas for me to render them. The yacht is approx. 10% of its actual size.

I love the yacht in the pool  :D

Linwelly said:

FirstBastion said:

I love the yacht in the pool  :D

With those blue lights under water, it looks more like a space ship ready to take off, pushing its [very technical name invented by the writer] reactors at full power, before jumping into hyperspace laugh

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,149

Elor said:

MelanieL said:

Athena's Owl

With a owl on my naked fingers, I don't think I would not be as serene as she is blush

The whole scene looks really nice yes

Thank you.

(I think you need to be a goddess to do this!)

• mding Thank you for the first test render of the thread! Without those, we won't get anywhere quick! laugh

paulawp Omg, the hair and Hawaiian shirt are spot on. Can't quite tell if that's a stache he's sporting, but if so, it's a perfect 1980s cops/PI show flashback render touch!

Elor I didn't know about this freebie. Useful when we need to be super exact! Love her cheating on the measurement haha, and the expression on her face when she realizes she might not be able to cheat on the seated version... smiley

MelanieL I can feel the love she has for her owl. Lovely render. Incidentally I made a lady and her owl render for a previous DAZ+ sale thread too. smiley

Linwelly It's nice to see this process, because yes, it happens so often that we have to change something like the whole environment because something doesn't work just right.

FirstBastion What a great test render idea! Very quick to see how things look and work and compare. The yacht in the swimming pool! laugh

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 846
    edited September 2023

This thread is sooo improving my batting average! smiley
    PA sale items in here are HerYun's Yujin, the Sweet Girl Outfit and a Zeddicus pose set. Got some of MattyManx's pretty cars just before the PA sale and the rest during. Many of the other stuff are from a few weeks before the sale, so first time rendering most of this stuff. (Since I just wanted this done quick, I only did a partial dforce, which ahem, was sloppy of me... I need more patience with dforce. Update: After writing the previous, I thought I should develop some patience, so sat through 14 min of dforcing the outfit and uploaded the new version. Wasn't too bad...)

HerYun's ladies auditioning for my K-pop GG! laugh

• sidsid Posts: 400

A quick render to try out the RY characters, pigtails and dress I picked up in the sale

edited September 2023

SapphireBlue said:

Elor I didn't know about this freebie. Useful when we need to be super exact! Love her cheating on the measurement haha, and the expression on her face when she realizes she might not be able to cheat on the seated version... smiley

After trying myself with a chair, I don't think it's easy (or even possible) to cheat the sitted version, at least not if the seat is as large as the area one needs to sit in the first place. To say nothing of the fact that our arms are usually not long enough to cheat here crying

Speaking of cheating, Victoria is going all the way with another freebie from HerYun, the measuring wall laugh (I'm also cheating a bit here, because the pose is from a bundle I bought at the end of August angel):

Wall Measuring.tip.png
    512 x 512 - 218K
    Post edited by Elor on