The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,396

Sfariah D said:

Where is my generic Tylenol?  not the pm version but the regular version!  My knee hurts a lot right now but I have a lot to do.  Also what am I going to make for dinner?

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,897

Hey Everybody!!! I've been a little MIA, but that's because I've been very very busy!! And I am super excited about something and I just want to celebrate and so I decided to come here and share with you guys! Guess what?? My parents bought me a new ThinkPad laptop and 16" (well, 15.6) drawing tablet with a screen!! OMG I feel like a spoiled rich kid! Which I never have been, so this is almost too much for me to process. I'm so happy! smiley This is the fastest thing I have ever owned. It has 6 cores and 40GB of RAM and 2TB of space! NOW I have to reinstall DAZ Studio again - but I'm okay with it. LOL I have a lot to do! I just had to share because I'm so excited!!! Wish me luck!

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,668

JasmineSkunk said:

Hey Everybody!!! I've been a little MIA, but that's because I've been very very busy!! And I am super excited about something and I just want to celebrate and so I decided to come here and share with you guys! Guess what?? My parents bought me a new ThinkPad laptop and 16" (well, 15.6) drawing tablet with a screen!! OMG I feel like a spoiled rich kid! Which I never have been, so this is almost too much for me to process. I'm so happy! smiley This is the fastest thing I have ever owned. It has 6 cores and 40GB of RAM and 2TB of space! NOW I have to reinstall DAZ Studio again - but I'm okay with it. LOL I have a lot to do! I just had to share because I'm so excited!!! Wish me luck!

I didn't know there were laptops with 40GB memory capacity. And I would have replied to your post on Renderosity from some time ago but I don't have the same screen name there and I don't want to pay ten dollars to change it. 

edited May 2
    NylonGirl said:

I didn't know there were laptops with 40GB memory capacity. And I would have replied to your post on Renderosity from some time ago but I don't have the same screen name there and I don't want to pay ten dollars to change it. 

Thats okay, I haven't even been back there in awhile... lol Also, I didn't know either till I saw this one!!!
    Screenshot_20240502-000222.png
    1080 x 2300 - 893K
    Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,762

It's been in the upper 70Fs to mid 80Fs here

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,365
    edited May 2

JasmineSkunk said:

Wheee!   Just Wheee.yes

(The inspiration for my "Wheee", at 1:56:30 to 1:58:52)  "Nororious Landlady"

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951

NylonGirl said:

JasmineSkunk said:

My rendo user name is Kaya3D.

i once got a facebook message about Kaya.  I first thought it was because of my rendo username but it wasn't.  That username was based on a doll and the message was about that doll!

JasmineSkunk said:

Wheee!   Just Wheee.yes

(The inspiration for my "Wheee", at 1:56:30 to 1:58:52)  "Nororious Landlady"

Heehee. Thanks, LG! I love your inspiration!
    frank0314 said:

It's been in the upper 70Fs to mid 80Fs here

Another good reason to "Wheee"!! LOL. :D
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825
    edited May 4

PerttiA said:

Non-complaint, Today it was 17C (63F) outside smiley

...about the same here, at least for today, then back to wet and temps 15° - 17° F below nromal again for the next week...

LeatherGryphon said:

hacsart said:

Currently 2C and snowing.. up to 10-15 CM by tomorrow evening

Thanks. yes  Makes us feel all the warmer. laugh  It was 70F(21C) here today, after weeks of clouds, rain & hovering in the 40's (5-9C).

...indeed. particularly given the weekend into early next week's forecast for here,

AgitatedRiot said:

Nice Animation Here.

https://www.facebook.com/17841402044297364/videos/1770406266787235/

...that's cool.  

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,915
    edited May 3

kyoto kid said:

PerttiA said:

Non-complaint, Today it was 17C (63F) outside smiley

...about the same here, at least for today, then back to wet and temps 15° - 17° F beow nromal again for the next week...

Yeah, next week we will also be getting down to 6-8C (43-46F) during the day and at nights below freezing... frown

But, at least the day is getting longer

030524.JPG
    468 x 80 - 14K
    Post edited by PerttiA on

I didn't want to wake up this morning.  I'm up now.

Just found out this morning that the Starbucks coffee I just got was dark roast and not medium roast.

IMG_1638.jpeg
    480 x 640 - 125K
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,365
    edited May 3

Non-complaint:  Ducks all in a row today.  Today was the last of my scheduled doctor visits for this half of the year.  Bus came 15 minutes early!  Breakfast at TimHorton's wasn't crowded.  Had time to pick up vitamins at the drugstore. Walked into the doctor's office 15 minutes early.  Doctor appointment was finished one minute after it was scheduled for.surprise  Uber came 2 minutes after I called it.  And the April showers have brought forth all the May flowers.smiley  Especially the trees.  White, pink, on fruitish trees, and light green buds on the regular trees.  Best time of year for non-allergy sufferers. 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I hope this is the right bus to get home.  It is a tad loud on the bus so couldn't really listen well to a new song by Taylor Swift I think.  I also need to pay attention on where I'm at so I don't go back to downtown.

May the 4th be with you!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825
    edited May 4

...the 4th is weak in this one.

Compalint:

Feels like the mid  March again, windy, low 50s, steady rain, and I have to go out in it and stand around waiting for buses to get to where I need to be today..

I is supposed to get into the 80s by late next week, hope they get this one right.  Last few weeks they predicted nice weather and it never happened.

The Why Are Weather Forecasters Always Wrong Complaint Thread.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,146

May the 4th be with you!

The weather forecasters I watch are almost always right!  I discovered years ago that they're more accurate than The Weather Channel!

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,668

The 4th is weak but the Chives are strong...

Plus we must accept that The Weather Channel is a "reality TV" channel. like the History Channel and Music Television.

NylonGirl said:

The 4th is weak but the Chives are strong...

Plus we must accept that The Weather Channel is a "reality TV" channel. like the History Channel and Music Television.

Is that so?  I haven't watched it in years! 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099

JasmineSkunk said:

Great!  Hope you get many hours of enjoyment.

I finally got a universal laptop charger so I can use my HP.  Now to see if I can get it up to speed.  Probably need a new battery. I keep getting errors saying I need to use an official hp charger.

I was thinking of walking to Food Lion to get something if it isn't raining when I get home.  All great and dandy, but what was I wanting to get?  Maybe it was a bucket?  Oh? Bucket?  They might be cheaper at dollar tree?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055
    The Bucket of Fun Complaint Thread
    Vue is free now, plant factory and plant catalog too.

TJohn said:

The Bucket of Fun Complaint Thread

I didn't see a bucket at dollar tree but I did get one at Walmart. 

Always keep a bread clip in your wallet, here's why.

TJohn said:

I never click on those things!  I did once, and got no information at all.  They're just click bait! 

DanaTA said:

TJohn said:

I never click on those things!  I did once, and got no information at all.  They're just click bait! 

Yep. Me neither. :-)

TJohn said:

the reason will never be revealed anyway.  I don't know if it is good idea or not.  By the way what is a bread clip?

This discussion has been closed.