Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,412

Rosie D said:

I'm in the UK - GMT / UTC - 4th December on the advent calendar opened up just fine for me -  I was able to select my choice - it went into my cart and it checked out at the correct/expected price...just after midnight in my time zone

I missed yesterdays item though - probably because I didn't try to check it out until around 10am my time - that would have been after 2am Daz time (I think) blush

Thanks for reporting your results! That seems to be the opposite of what Havos reported. He is also in the GMT (UTC) time zone, Your results seem consistent with what NortOf45 and I experience. This is all very difficult to comprehend.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,308

barbult said:

Rosie D said:

I'm in the UK - GMT / UTC - 4th December on the advent calendar opened up just fine for me -  I was able to select my choice - it went into my cart and it checked out at the correct/expected price...just after midnight in my time zone

I missed yesterdays item though - probably because I didn't try to check it out until around 10am my time - that would have been after 2am Daz time (I think) blush

Thanks for reporting your results! That seems to be the opposite of what Havos reported. He is also in the GMT (UTC) time zone, Your results seem consistent with what NortOf45 and I experience. This is all very difficult to comprehend.

Wait, Dec 4th Advent Calendar box? I'm still on Dec 3rd, presumably until my Midnight. Another time zone to worry about? frown

I'm sorry it didn't work for you, Wendy. The Daz date/time calculations must be more wrong than we even thought. Now we have two reports of people in the UTC time zone that experience completely opposite time windows of availability. How can that be?
    NorthOf45 said:

barbult said:

Rosie D said:

Wait, Dec 4th Advent Calendar box? I'm still on Dec 3rd, presumably until my Midnight. Another time zone to worry about? frown

It is Dec 3 here in the US, and that is what my Advent Calendar shows, but it is Dec 4 already in the UK and Australia. Is the date on the calendar local time, just to confuse things even more?

Okay, still Dec 3rd Daz Time, but after midnight here, at the moment, but before store rollover, so now Dec 4th local time. Advent Calendar dates have advanced one day, now showing Dec 4th as the active tile, but with yesterday's content. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,756
    edited December 2023

Just as I mentioned before, by 11pm Daz time, the advent calendar works. Every time I check at this time, it works. I'm usually out late and by the time I get home around 10:30 pm Pacific time, it finally works then stops working again until about the same time the following day. If you're willing to check the site during this small window, it should work. I'm curious if it's working for everyone else right now for the next half hour. 

Post edited by Wonderland on

NorthOf45 said:

Okay, still Dec 3rd Daz Time, but after midnight here, at the moment, but before store rollover, so now Dec 4th local time. Advent Calendar dates have advanced one day, now showing Dec 4th as the active tile, but with yesterday's content. 

Same here.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 014816.jpg
    1074 x 556 - 139K
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,819
    edited December 2023

Hylas said:

Today I'm clicking on the calender but nothing happens, the items are not revealed. I tried on Firefox and Chrome on my Mac, and on Firefox on my Android.

I tried a few more times yesterday (3rd), including just before the store changes, but the situation didn't change for me. Clicking the calendar revealed no items. So far, today (4th) appears to be the same, clicking the calendar does nothing :(

Post edited by Hylas on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,746
    edited December 2023

Did not click at Dec 4th calendar items to reveal them before Daz midnight and now after Daz midnight they came up just fine.

Location Finland, UTC+2

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Today's calendar has the same two items as yesterday's for me.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 021920.png
    1011 x 549 - 421K
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,879
    edited December 2023

Okay.... So was there a solution for people who were having trouble with the free choice not going into the cart for free? I got that issue today for the first time and couldn't find if there was a solution. it's after Daz midnight and I did get a new offering, it's just not going into the cart for free, even if I go "all the way" through to the second part of the check out

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • mine still yesterdays 

it"s borked

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

For me (and many other confirmed users), the Advent Calendar content resets/corrects/updates at UTC Midnight. Refresh the page after that time and you should get the proper contents for the day. This leaves a 7-hour window until Daz Midnight, during which it works properly. You can click the tile any time, it will not affect the status at the proper hour. Try it...

This is the best analysis and advice we've received, and it works.

Of course it would be best if Daz corrected this, but in the mean time, people could save themselves a lot of frustration and disappointment by reading and acting on the helpful messages from NorthOf45.

opposite for me this side of the meridian devil 

I reckon those in Greenwich will have only seconds to make a purchase

I don't understand. Why would people in Greenwich have only seconds? There would still be 7 hours between UTC midnight and Daz midnight? They might have to get up in the middle of their night, though. As I understood the issue, local time did not come into play in the algorithm. Is that wrong? I'm in Florida, and it works just like NorthOf45 said, for me.

How does it work for you in Australia? Can you explain further what you mean by "opposite"?

I have to buy AFTER DAZ mountain time midnight and before Adelaide Midnight because I am on the other side of the dateline in the Pacific ocean to you

I live in your future

same same in NZ

• Just to be sure, I've been waiting till it's midnight locally for me (and after midnight for Daz in Utah). The advent items showed up properly. As expected (from past experience), the preview cart did not display the free item as free, but going to checkout showed it correctly for me.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,530

Hi all, maybe it helps DAZ folks figuring things out if we report where the calendar is working, too? So I'm in Germany (UTC+1), and I usually open the calendar around 8 or 9 in the morning here, which is right after DAZ midnight. It's working fine. Sometimes, when I'm checking the store rather late, I see that the calendar has already changed to the next day, and then, there's the same things in there as before, but I just don't click on it then, and in the morning (= after DAZ midnight), there's a new selection. I'm usually in my iPad, if that helps as well. Hope that made sense. Hopefully, things will get fixed for you guys really soon!

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,011

In UK. When I put the free item in, it wasn't working, but at 10am it is. I shall watch to see if it tries to revert.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,373

tsroemi said:

Hi all, maybe it helps DAZ folks figuring things out if we report where the calendar is working, too? So I'm in Germany (UTC+1), and I usually open the calendar around 8 or 9 in the morning here, which is right after DAZ midnight. It's working fine. Sometimes, when I'm checking the store rather late, I see that the calendar has already changed to the next day, and then, there's the same things in there as before, but I just don't click on it then, and in the morning (= after DAZ midnight), there's a new selection. I'm usually in my iPad, if that helps as well. Hope that made sense. Hopefully, things will get fixed for you guys really soon!

I can confirm that. As always, the daily turnover is at 8 a.m. Central European Time, and the date and the Advent calendar offers have worked so far. Apparently this 'varies' a lot from time zone to time zone. But why? 

• Okay so, Idk if this matters but whenI click "inspect" on the add to cart button, I notice that the command is different than it was before.

Yesterday I got the Jester outfit and the add to free button worked just fine and I got the item for free. The command was this:

<div class="name">Lady Jester Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s)</div> ==$0

Today, inspecting the free item looks like this:

<a href="javascript:" data-action="addventToCart" data-sku="48507" class="add-to-cart-btn">Add to cart</a> ==$0

and it does not work.

edited December 2023

Please do keep reporting, but bear in mind they are still working on the advent calendar. The freebie is definitely an inconsistency. When I hit the buy button, the preview cart showed it not free, but was free when I went to the checkout page.

That's not working for me.
    Screenshot_20231204-062944.png
    1080 x 2300 - 1M
    Screenshot_20231204-063013.png
    1080 x 2941 - 790K
    Screenshot_20231204-063035.png
    1080 x 2300 - 119K
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,322

Clicked the advent button for 4th December at around 11am UK time today and I got 2 new options. I added the free one, and it was 0.00 in the cart, so I checked out quick whilst it was still working.

• While it is not really an error, today i found out something new about lightning deals, that i wish would be handled different.
    i was checking the lightning deals this morning and found 2 items, one g8 hair and a very old steampunk bike for ~1.5$ each, that i could totally see myself purchasing.

However, as shop turnover was only 1 hr away and the lightning deals had just started, i decided to hold back with my purchase.
    because i was not planning to do any other purchase any time soon, as i had just made use of my daz+ cupons on sunday.
    Therefore i could very well use it to make sure, that my punches stay at 35% for another day, which would, in addition, grant me another advent item.

After shop turnover time, i found out, that the lightning deal prices had significantly increased. Instead of 3$ for both items, i was now asked to pay more than 3$ for each of them.
    That also put them way beyond the last best price. Not much of a "lightning deal" to be found anymore. Needless to say, that i did not purchase them.

While i understand, that prices of these items are calculated on the run, i really believe it would be better to synch them with the shop turnover. (which they were during DST)
    It was kinda disappointing to learn about this. I thought these prices would be decided, once put on the page and then not altered until the 3hrs passed.

f.boschanski said:

While it is not really an error, today i found out something new about lightning deals, that i wish would be handled different.
    i was checking the lightning deals this morning and found 2 items, one g8 hair and a very old steampunk bike for ~1.5$ each, that i could totally see myself purchasing.

However, as shop turnover was only 1 hr away and the lightning deals had just started, i decided to hold back with my purchase.
    because i was not planning to do any other purchase any time soon, as i had just made use of my daz+ cupons on sunday.
    Therefore i could very well use it to make sure, that my punches stay at 35% for another day, which would, in addition, grant me another advent item.

After shop turnover time, i found out, that the lightning deal prices had significantly increased. Instead of 3$ for both items, i was now asked to pay more than 3$ for each of them.
    That also put them way beyond the last best price. Not much of a "lightning deal" to be found anymore. Needless to say, that i did not purchase them.

While i understand, that prices of these items are calculated on the run, i really believe it would be better to synch them with the shop turnover. (which they were during DST)
    It was kinda disappointing to learn about this. I thought these prices would be decided, once put on the page and then not altered until the 3hrs passed.

There was probably another promotion in effect on those items. I have seen discounts range from the base 60% to over 90%, depending on current promotions and their time limits. That page is wonky anyway, it still has the previous attempt at page design, and since the switch to standard time, it has been off by an hour.

• NorthOf45 said:

There was probably another promotion in effect on those items. I have seen discounts range from the base 60% to over 90%, depending on current promotions and their time limits. That page is wonky anyway, it still has the previous attempt at page design, and since the switch to standard time, it has been off by an hour.

Yeah. I might have not been precise enough, writing it down in a foreign language.

Exactly what i was trying to say.

During DST the lightning deals ended at shop turnover.
    There were no differences due to the fact, that some daily discounts were changing, just because - with a new day, there came a new set of deals.

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 672
    edited December 2023

Still closed out from seeing what I'm missing by not having punches - can't open the doors. The recult - no sale except for 3.99 stuff or less. Perhaps I'm missing amazing freebies - but get a punch for something I don't know if I want - nope. The trick w the calendar working a certain time - doesn't work for me. 

To clarify - have not seen anyth I want for a price I think is low enough since this sale started - so no punches. If I saw what the freebie it was then perhaps I would think it was worth getting a punch, for hidden freebies that I have no idea if I want or not - nope. So for every day it's not working you loose my money. Can I say for sure I would like the freebie and buy - obviously not. But it's possible of course. Just reporting that it's not working. 

Post edited by tombraider4ever on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,199

I'm in th UK too. I've had no problems (yet!) opening the windows and buying. So far I've done so between midday and 5 pm (my time = UTC).

• ElorElor Posts: 816

tombraider4ever said:

Can I say for sure I would like the freebie and buy - obviously not. But it's possible of course. Just reporting that it's not working. 

But wouldn't it be more frustrating to see a freebie / a $2.99 item you want and not being able to get it because you need a punch to get the freebie or buy the $2.99 item ?

edited December 2023

Elor said:

tombraider4ever said:

Can I say for sure I would like the freebie and buy - obviously not. But it's possible of course. Just reporting that it's not working. 

But wouldn't it be more frustrating to see a freebie / a $2.99 item you want and not being able to get it because you need a punch to get the freebie or buy the $2.99 item ?

I have enough punches and REALLY want the freebie (it's even in my wishlist) but doesn't go into my cart for free crying But I haven't submitted a ticket because it's a freebie (and I already got so much for free)... but, yeah it makes me sad to not get it...

I don't understand, it was working for the last two days just fine.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,819
    edited December 2023

[sorry, wrong thread]

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Elor said:

tombraider4ever said:

No. Nothing more frustrating than being closed out of the whole thing. I had one punch on day one - but no punch in the punch image thing - so  no freebie for me, could see them then - but not free. So for me, except the amazing PA freebies heart,  a very frustrating xmas sale.

• tombraider4ever said:

Elor said:

tombraider4ever said:

No. Nothing more frustrating than being closed out of the whole thing. I had one punch on day one - but no punch in the punch image thing - so  no freebie for me, could see them then - but not free. So for me, except the amazing PA freebies heart,  a very frustrating xmas sale.

i would assume, it doesn`t matter that much, if you are able to see what you "could have gotten". because if you buy today, you get a punch for tomorrow and therefore don`t know about which item you could get anyways.

and i disagree with the "freebie" thing...  while it could be a pretty nice deal at hand (or not), you still have to purchase something beforehand to gain access... therefore you pay today to receive a lottery entry for tomorrow.. in addition to the item you purchased

This discussion has been closed.