House of Secrets - Poser & DS

Comments

• skipper25skipper25 Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Ain't it always the case - you get stuck into something and RL comes along and interferes. For week I have hardly been able to get my sticky fingers on the keyboard. I hate it when it does that.

On the good side, I have been able to rebuild the wardrobe (dictated by Poser) and make new opening doors, adding oval mirrors. See the pic below. 'S funny how mirrors bring life to a scene - but any interior decorator will tell you that. A few user-adjustables to go, and then we can start bundling for an upload.

Even better - over Christmas and the New Year I am taking to the high seas again, trolling off to the Caribbean for a month. We sail out of Southampton on 10th. December. I'm getting darned old though; insurance premiums will make this my last trip, so I guess that I'll have to "swallow the anchor."

Stand by for the upload. We are doing what we can, as fast as we can.

New_Wardrobe.jpg
    795 x 586 - 81K
    Post edited by skipper25 on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,237
    edited December 1969

skipper25 said:
    Ain't it always the case - you get stuck into something and RL comes along and interferes. For week I have hardly been able to get my sticky fingers on the keyboard. I hate it when it does that.

On the good side, I have been able to rebuild the wardrobe (dictated by Poser) and make new opening doors, adding oval mirrors. See the pic below. 'S funny how mirrors bring life to a scene - but any interior decorator will tell you that. A few user-adjustables to go, and then we can start bundling for an upload.

Even better - over Christmas and the New Year I am taking to the high seas again, trolling off to the Caribbean for a month. We sail out of Southampton on 10th. December. I'm getting darned old though; insurance premiums will make this my last trip, so I guess that I'll have to "swallow the anchor."

Stand by for the upload. We are doing what we can, as fast as we can.

Looks good skipper
    Hope you have a good trip come December
    I'm looking to be in Panama City Panama next month and coming back to Texas about the time you'll be heading out for the Caribbean
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

That's impressive looking - very nicely done.

Hope you enjoy your trip. Can I suggest a large steamer trunk, with airholes, so I can stowaway? ;)

• mininessiemininessie Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

this is a really amazing work!!!

edited December 1969

Thanks folks. I have thoroughly enjoyed my seafaring, no matter what the conditions, and will miss it. What the hell - it's been good, but one cannot go on for ever. To mark the occasion, this last time I am going first class - no holds barred. Yay!!! Any crew member not kow-towing will have to walk the plank.

Robert - is your trip for business or pleasure?

The departure date gives me a deadline for this model which must be met - Poser version, DS version too and perhaps an additional file for lights and cameras. My best guess is two or three weeks for Poser users - unless RL gets in the way again.

Must press on......

edited December 1969

Mostly business going to get some medical taken care of

edited December 1969

Hope everything goes well for you.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

The first thing I thought was that'd look great in front of a certain model ... ;)
    edited December 1969

I Know, I am cursing cos I can't use it. (the guardsman I mean)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I Know, I am cursing cos I can't use it. (the guardsman I mean)

Same for me

edited October 2012

Thanks. I've snapped it up. You know, this is the third time that something like this has happened. I sometimes get the impression of being watched. LOL.

edited December 1969

Quite flattering if they are using you as inspiration for their content imho :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

LOL. Whoever "they" are. Of course, it could just be my paranoia.

House of Secrets is barrelling on. Just doing final checks; also have ReadMe to write. It should be ready quite soon.

• edited October 2012

Wow!!! This is fantastic! You almost had a coprse to hide in the house, when I saw your weapons cabinet in the monitor room. I almost choked on my coffee at the radiation symbol on the INSIDE of the door :D :D :D That is great (I have a warped sense of humor).

I also find your observation about the ACW being the first war fought on "soverign American soil" interesting, most of us consider it the second war. The War of 1812 being the first. However, you made me realize that many probably consider the war of 1812 an extension of our American Revolutionary war, though the two are seperated by almost 3 decades.

I am all a twitter waiting for the release of this most excellent backdrop, now I gotta figure out a way to insert it into a Star Trek scenario :D Maybe a Squire of Gothos revisit...

Post edited by phelixbruner_28465dd861 on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Starwulf said:
    I also find your observation about the ACW being the first war fought on "soverign American soil" interesting, most of us consider it the second war. The War of 1812 being the first. However, you made me realize that many probably consider the war of 1812 an extension of our American Revolutionary war, though the two are seperated by almost 3 decades.

To be fair, most British people consider the War of 1812 to be about Wellington and Napoleon at Waterloo - our side of the conflict is pretty much forgotten on that side of The Pond.

(Ah, the War of 1812... Both sides say they won, and there's some truth in that - Canada is not part of the USA so Britain won, and Britain stopped taking sailors off of US ships so the USA won. The only confirmed losers were the natives...)

Enough digression - back to the House of Secrets...?

edited December 1969

Mmmmm. When is a war not a war? If we mean deadly conflict between large groups, then war was fought on American soil almost from the day that the Pilgrim Fathers landed. However, I don't think there is much doubt that the ACW was the first that used WMD - ie., machine guns and high explosives. A sort of dress-rehearsal for what was to come. Depressing.

Poser provides an excellent skeleton and the chest that I have put in the main bedroom would be a first-rate place to put it, rather like the play and movie "Rope" where two students hide the body of a third, then invite the parents of the victim round for dinner. (Shiver.)

Thank you for your enthusiasm for the model. Clearing the final stages is taking some time because the whole thing is so very complicated and interactive. Currently, I estimate another week or ten days before release, but that could change.

edited October 2012

This model is now ready for Poser users. Get it at
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/65039/view/5/3D-Model/House-of-Secrets

Fireplace.jpg
    800 x 579 - 108K
    Hall2.jpg
    790 x 524 - 70K
    Monster_eyes.jpg
    795 x 660 - 114K
    edited December 1969

Wow, I don't think your calendar is the same as mine ... ready already? What happened to 'a week or ten days'? :)
    Not that I am complaining, and I hope your holiday does not go so fast!

edited December 1969

LOL. I thought that someone would make a remark..... Actually, it was just a matter of really getting stuck into the job and for once, having things go right. It makes a pleasant change. Now I am waiting for folks to tell me what I did wrong!

edited December 1969

skipper25 said:
    ... Now I am waiting for folks to tell me what I did wrong!

Releasing it early so people think it's easy! ;)
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Wow, I don't think your calendar is the same as mine ... ready already? What happened to 'a week or ten days'? :)
    Not that I am complaining, and I hope your holiday does not go so fast!

Perhaps Skipper was using binary... 1, 10, 11, 100, 101, 110, 111...
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    skipper25 said:

So we can expect the DS version any minute now, right?

edited October 2012

LOL. Actually, I could do with some help. Could some kind folks give me pointers on the best way to bundle and upload the D|S version? I have a nagging suspicion that I have not been doing my best by users. Again, as I have said in the thread, Poser and D|S operate limits, rotation and mirror reflection quite differently. All help (or points to tutes) will be gratefully received. I have the time now. :lol:

• fleetppfleetpp Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

I imported the pz3 file into DS 3 (I have DS4 and am still learning it, but it runs very slowly on my old PC). House of Secrets opened successfully, and I saved it as a DAZ file.

Thank you for this beautiful piece of work.

edited October 2012

And thank you for the reassurance. From what you report, a D|S version is not required. I guess that what I must do is fire up my old computer (now that is going to be a task!), import and study the results in detail for my doubts to ebb away.

edited December 1969

skipper25 said:
    LOL. Actually, I could do with some help. Could some kind folks give me pointers on the best way to bundle and upload the D|S version? I have a nagging suspicion that I have not been doing my best by users. Again, as I have said in the thread, Poser and D|S operate limits, rotation and mirror reflection quite differently. All help (or points to tutes) will be gratefully received. I have the time now. :lol:

I suspect the most obvious things will be the material settings, primarily glossiness and ambient.
    edited December 1969

Well, thanks to Fleetpp, I can relax with an easy conscience until this is sorted. So - no forthcoming D|S version folks, or at least, of the type initially contemplated. What one thinks of now is a small adjustment file or perhaps even no more than a few notes in the ReadMe. Now I gotta recover that old computer from beneath a pile of junk, crank it up and see what goes on .........

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    skipper25 said:

So we can expect the DS version any minute now, right?

yes that would be nice to see .
    the poser one doesn't work for me in DS 4.5
    sorry to say

• mininessiemininessie Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

thanks you so much!
    i still don´t try ...but i use things for poser in Daz and ever work ok...i´m sure yours will do the same!