[Fisio SB addOn released] Fisio: Physics Simulator

Comments

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,383

second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 said:

I wish I could figure out how to use it to make a mattress to squish under a character who's sitting or laying on it. 

Here are two .duf examples, using a Genesis figure, and cubes as the mattress.

Both examples run in Stabilization mode.

The Mattress spring type is faster, but less accurate, not good for animations. The simulation goes for a few steps to get a moderate deformation of the mattress (otherwise the deformation isn't realistic for a mattress). Only a set of facets was selected; you can see them by enabling the Geometry Editor tool and the Edit selection property of the mattress (disable Edit selection before running).

The mattress tetrahedra type is considerably slower but more accurate and suitable for animations (disabling Stabilization mode). The simulation goes for 60 steps to get a stable result. However, it needs a smoothing modifier to reduce the artifacts introduced by the tetrahedralization. The Young modulus controls the elasticity in this case.

Beware: When using the Stabilization mode, the initial positions of the rigid bodies are lost, so if you want to redo the simulation, you should undo the simulation first.

duf
    duf
    Mattress_spring.duf
    duf
    duf
    Mattress_tetrahedra.duf
  • I followed your tutorial for the nose and I keep getting "Error in soft body "Genesis8Male" : Unknown Exception" Any tips? I attached the file as well

fisio tutorial 1.duf.png
    91 x 91 - 11K

jospard209 said:

I followed your tutorial for the nose and I keep getting "Error in soft body "Genesis8Male" : Unknown Exception" Any tips? I attached the file as well

You attached only the thumbnail (.duf.png)

Attach the .duf file, please.

• can't load fisio engine functions

fisio.JPG
    1206 x 429 - 103K
  • can't load fisio engine functions

fisio2.JPG
    2633 x 1851 - 330K

jhandy said:

can't load fisio engine functions

It seems it's a problem similar to this: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7874911/#Comment_7874911 

Check these comments:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7878706/#Comment_7878706

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7879396/#Comment_7879396

Let me know if the comments help you, please.

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited November 2023

Hi Alberto, hey finally made time to try this SoftBody toolset.
    Bought way back when you released as support, but summer was busy so left this to now.

Objective was a hand on a breast.  And breast was a geograft.
    Followed your Ollie-nose example to start.
    Ended up shell did not work for hand. Deforms were just wrong for a hand.  Used springs, and then instant worked! Yay!
    Took a few hours to figure out.
    Before that had to test quite a few different settings.

This will save me TONS of time now.  
    Takes like less than 10 seconds to sim on timeline a 22 frame collision.
    To sculpt that would take forever for hands.  Even arms will be so much faster etc.

Made a hand-arm with changed origin for quicker easier posing to act as rigid node, so quite a few polygons. Changed timeline to Linear for O and finish positions for posed hand-arm.

And to finish using your create Morph function worked flawless!

So anyway, wanted to THANK YOU for this product!  heart

Ps. should also mention.  When did a quick rough test this summer, FisioSB worked.
    Just knew it was too involved without spending lots of hours and focus.
    So, today when I started to reproduce your Ollie-Nose tut, it said no FisioEngine.dll (see screenshot)
    Yet had worked this summer.
    Looked and there was no such file.
    Manual DL'd the files and copy and pasted that file and sorta worked.
    The selected facets kept falling to figure origin.
    So copied and pasted the content and plugin files too, and now it all worked!
    That was a new one and have seen some wierd ones.
    Anyway just to let you know.

conflict or not.JPG
    645 x 616 - 70K
    beta.JPG
    1055 x 751 - 56K
    ds reg.JPG
    1098 x 748 - 60K
    Post edited by Saxa -- SD on

Saxa -- SD said:

Hi Alberto, hey finally made time to try this SoftBody toolset.
    Bought way back when you released as support, but summer was busy so left this to now.

Objective was a hand on a breast.  And breast was a geograft.
    Followed your Ollie-nose example to start.
    Ended up shell did not work for hand. Deforms were just wrong for a hand.  Used springs, and then instant worked! Yay!
    Took a few hours to figure out.
    Before that had to test quite a few different settings.

This will save me TONS of time now.  
    Takes like less than 10 seconds to sim on timeline a 22 frame collision.
    To sculpt that would take forever for hands.  Even arms will be so much faster etc.

Made a hand-arm with changed origin for quicker easier posing to act as rigid node, so quite a few polygons. Changed timeline to Linear for O and finish positions for posed hand-arm.

And to finish using your create Morph function worked flawless!

So anyway, wanted to THANK YOU for this product!  heart

You're welcome! And thanks to your words, also.

Saxa -- SD said:

Ps. should also mention.  When did a quick rough test this summer, FisioSB worked.
    Just knew it was too involved without spending lots of hours and focus.
    So, today when I started to reproduce your Ollie-Nose tut, it said no FisioEngine.dll (see screenshot)
    Yet had worked this summer.
    Looked and there was no such file.
    Manual DL'd the files and copy and pasted that file and sorta worked.
    The selected facets kept falling to figure origin.
    So copied and pasted the content and plugin files too, and now it all worked!
    That was a new one and have seen some wierd ones.
    Anyway just to let you know.

It seems that the installation is incomplete in the two folders ("DazStudio4" and "DazStudio4 Public Build"). But your method works anyway.

edited November 2023

Want to ask.  
    In your Fiso design, what rigid body collision method should work best with hands mesh on human skin?
    Am using SB-BodyElementsType - springs (not shell) and RB-CollisionShapeType -- Mesh
    Have found for several poses i must use DS native smoothing as well.  
    So FisioSB works with DS Smoothing, and your program morphs both results :) heart

To accomplish something acceptable for hands-breast,  had to seriously exceed several limits, esp SB density, the 2 main controller values for SBdeforms, reduce collision margin -- all to avoid unsightly collapsing of SB mesh.
    Essentially, the skin or flesh had to be Alot firmer for "SB springs method- RB mesh shape".

Does not matter if base G8 or geograft version with way more quads.
    And seems that FisioSB gives alot more influence to the palm and middle fingers - in some hand-arm poses.
    In fact the outer fingers, seem to be almost ignored in some poses, which then need DS smoothing to make indent.
    It's like the 'force field' or whatever proper name is, around the larger mesh does have more combined force.
    Yet using a hand mesh, a pinky should have same force, just less width, i think?
    Can't say for sure this is happening but seems so. Have played with ds-iray-Draw for node-bounds size and makes no diff.

Asking all this, cause even though pretty happy now with several poses and the settings, still not convinced have it totally optimized.
    So any suggestions would be most welcome :)

as for re: fisio install and missing dll.  
    Was just so odd that this summer file must have been there?
    As program worked. No error messages.  
    Or did that 1st iteration not use that dll?  
    Anyway, am just glad it works, after DIM install is corrected. :)

edited November 2023

Doing more tests with FisioSB.

Wanted to say, the more i dig, the more impressed with all the variables that you implemented in this add-on.  Kinda sinking in what you made is a huge task really.  Beyond large.

edit: re: "force-field" issue above.  Had been following the Ollie-Nose example. Found the Create Force Node.  Some interesting results. FisioSB working more with smoothing with "Force Node".  Too early to say, other than lots more testing.

Do wish to clarify one thing couldn't see in manual, unless I missed.  Tested "Create Load" for SB, but fisioSB popup i got was works only with shapes Shell or Tetra.  For mesh-hand--still seems Springs is best? So Create Load seems not an option?

Keep finding new things via Fisio manual.  This really is a big complex package of variety.

Saxa -- SD said:

And seems that FisioSB gives alot more influence to the palm and middle fingers - in some hand-arm poses.

In fact the outer fingers, seem to be almost ignored in some poses, which then need DS smoothing to make indent.
    It's like the 'force field' or whatever proper name is, around the larger mesh does have more combined force.
    Yet using a hand mesh, a pinky should have same force, just less width, i think?

As I understood your setup, I can tell that the total force is distributed on the mesh, smaller areas have a smaller share of the force. So the pinky exerts less force than the palm.

Saxa -- SD said:

Doing more tests with FisioSB.

Wanted to say, the more i dig, the more impressed with all the variables that you implemented in this add-on.  Kinda sinking in what you made is a huge task really.  Beyond large.

edit: re: "force-field" issue above.  Had been following the Ollie-Nose example. Found the Create Force Node.  Some interesting results. FisioSB working more with smoothing with "Force Node".  Too early to say, other than lots more testing.

Do wish to clarify one thing couldn't see in manual, unless I missed.  Tested "Create Load" for SB, but fisioSB popup i got was works only with shapes Shell or Tetra.  For mesh-hand--still seems Springs is best? So Create Load seems not an option?

Keep finding new things via Fisio manual.  This really is a big complex package of variety.

You could try the point force instead of the load because loads only work with shell or tetra models.

• cain-xcain-x Posts: 164

Hi, I have been looking into this as a way to simulate when a DAZ character's foot presses the gas and brake pedal in a vehicle. Is it possible to setup an interactive pedal system using this product? Thanks.

cain-x said:

Hi, I have been looking into this as a way to simulate when a DAZ character's foot presses the gas and brake pedal in a vehicle. Is it possible to setup an interactive pedal system using this product? Thanks.

Yes, it's possible, using Rigid bodies and Links. 

• Hello Alvin.  Thank you for pushing the limits of what DAZ Studio can do.  I recently purchased Fisio and the SB addon.  My question is how can we make the nose in your nose push tutorial go back to its original form once the sphere is move away?  Is there a setting for this I am missing?  I am only able to recreate the indentation on a surface.

Thank you.

funkbass said:

Hello Alvin.  Thank you for pushing the limits of what DAZ Studio can do.  I recently purchased Fisio and the SB addon.  My question is how can we make the nose in your nose push tutorial go back to its original form once the sphere is move away?  Is there a setting for this I am missing?  I am only able to recreate the indentation on a surface.

Thank you.

Hello, Funkbass:

The nose should return to its original form if you move the sphere away during the simulation. That is, the sphere is animated (like in the tutorial) using keyframes. It first goes against the nose, next, at some point the sphere is moved away from the nose, and the nose, as it's elastic, will return to its initial form (with some temporal oscillations).

Did you let the simulation run enough time?

• airunairun Posts: 25
    edited January 6

Does anyone know how to locate the manual for Fisio Physics Simulator. I just bought the core version, along with the SB add-on. It took a minute to figure out how to install it, and I'm unsure if I did it correctly (I could get it registered inside Daz, and I installed both the plug-ins through DIM and ran the .exe file, but there seems to be a missing .dll file). I can't locate the PDF manual in any of the normal places it might reside. Any clue?

I can locate the SB manual buried in a folder, but the core manual isn't available on my Accounts page on the Daz website or anywhere on my PC from what I can tell.

Post edited by airun on

airun said:

Does anyone know how to locate the manual for Fisio Physics Simulator. I just bought the core version, along with the SB add-on. It took a minute to figure out how to install it, and I'm unsure if I did it correctly (I could get it registered inside Daz, and I installed both the plug-ins through DIM and ran the .exe file, but there seems to be a missing .dll file). I can't locate the PDF manual in any of the normal places it might reside. Any clue?

I can locate the SB manual buried in a folder, but the core manual isn't available on my Accounts page on the Daz website or anywhere on my PC from what I can tell.

Use the Help browser of Daz Studio. See here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7862766/#Comment_7862766

About the installation steps of Fisio core and FisioSB, see here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8263196/#Comment_8263196

• airunairun Posts: 25

Alberto said:

About the installation steps of Fisio core and FisioSB, see here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8263196/#Comment_8263196

This was the same install method I had already ollowed. I see both panes (Rigid and SB panes), I was able to enter the serial number, but I'm being informed that the file FisioEngine.dll is missing. I didn't use any custom directories. From what I can tell, the file isn't anywhere on my machine.

airun said:

Alberto said:

This was the same install method I had already ollowed. I see both panes (Rigid and SB panes), I was able to enter the serial number, but I'm being informed that the file FisioEngine.dll is missing. I didn't use any custom directories. From what I can tell, the file isn't anywhere on my machine.

Check the installation folder of DAZ Studio (usually "/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4"). You should see the subfolder "/libs/Fisio". Inside this, verify if there are the following files: FisioEngine.dll, ChronoEngine_multicore.dll, and ChronoEngine.dll. Let me know what you saw, please.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224
    edited January 20

I'm still fascinated by piling things into a box. I guess I am easily entertained.

Thickened cube of reindeer_002_Default Camera (2).jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,818

Fill 'em up!

RGcincy said:

Fill 'em up!

Can you imagine trying to do this by hand, without Fisio? No way.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,818

I know. It would take forever and not look as good.

• ElorElor Posts: 730

barbult said:

I'm still fascinated by piling things into a box. I guess I am easily entertained.

That's how you got a bowl of dices during the advent calendar?

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,282

barbult said:

Cat toyssmiley, according to Ms Nudge my oldest kitty, she slapped at the full-size image

Elor said:

barbult said:

That's how you got a bowl of dices during the advent calendar?

Yes, exactly.

Robert Freise said:

barbult said:

Cat toyssmiley, according to Ms Nudge my oldest kitty, she slapped at the full-size image

Watch out for claws on the monitor screen!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,282

barbult said:

Robert Freise said:

barbult said:

Watch out for claws on the monitor screen!

Only paw prints as she's declawed 

edited January 21

Ms Nudge got into the game room. I hope she won. She sure made a mess!

(I wonder if she and Richard are acquainted?)

Fisio Puzzle and Game pieces_001_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on