AOBB's Sweetheart (and v2)head morph for G8.1F inspired by Marilyn Monroe. No materials or textures.

Comments

• Hello everyone. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only Marilyn Monroe fan. It has been my obsession for many years and I have tried to recreate it many times. With the support of the multiple images I undertook the task of making a better model. I have presented in the gallery of this site, many images that I thought were good but it is always the same, little support I think we must put aside selfishness and indifference and be truly a community and support each other

• Renderart3dRenderart3d Posts: 29
    edited September 2022

Post edited by Renderart3d on
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

@Renderart3d - I appreciate the effort you put into creating this model. Believe me - I know the pain! smiley Are you looking for an honest critique of your work? If so, I can give you my thoughts but I would first like to get your consent to provide you with constructive criticim. I promise to be as unbiased and tactful as I can possibly be.

Is this going to be a freebie (if not, do you have the rights to make profit off MMs likeness?)? If not, I think it would be better if you posted your work in a forum section dedicated to WIPs. You can then post a link to that thread here, so we know where to find it.

Welcome!

AOBB

@Renderart3d - if this is a freebie WIP Marilyn you are making, then please create a new thread for it. This thread is dedicated to my version of MM and I don't think the two creations should be mixed. This would only create confusion and unclarity.

edited September 2022

I'm honest... I disagree with mercantilist that art is treated and this is an art form, not a business. Nowhere are criticisms, whether positive or negative, prohibited, as long as they are sincere. I humbly accept every suggestion, as well as give suggestions. I am fond of portraiture, I was born with a pencil in one hand and a paper in the other 

AOBB said:

@Renderart3d - I appreciate the effort you put into creating this model. Believe me - I know the pain! smiley Are you looking for an honest critique of your work? If so, I can give you my thoughts but I would first like to get your consent to provide you with constructive criticim. I promise to be as unbiased and tactful as I can possibly be.

Is this going to be a freebie (if not, do you have the rights to make profit off MMs likeness?)? If not, I think it would be better if you posted your work in a forum section dedicated to WIPs. You can then post a link to that thread here, so we know where to find it.

Welcome!

AOBB

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Renderart3d said:The textures of this figure were made with the Painting tool of the Blender 2.79 program which, in my opinion, is what I get the best results with. Also use Gimp2 to fine-tune details in the texture. I can tell you that giving yourself to the task of first learning how programs are used, such as making procedural textures without knowing the English language, since I am a Spanish speaker, has been a difficult battle in which I have gained many knowledge that I hope to share.

edited September 2022
  • Mark OREZMark OREZ Posts: 75
    edited September 2022

Hello AOBB, Hello friends. I've been working on a new portrait using the sweetheart morph and pearlk necklace.

Just posted it few minutes ago here. Here it is. Thank you AOBB to allow us to create our artwork and share our passion for Marilyn.

Edit: Thank you perlk for sharing the excellent diamonds necklace (and earrings). Your work is outstanding !

Post edited by Mark OREZ on

@Renderart3d - I am asking again that you create a separate, new discusssion (thread) for your work and not post it in a thread dedicated to Sweetheart. I will gladly give you my comments in that new thread. As it is now, you are hijacking this thread and creating comparisons between my Marilyn and yours - something I didn't ask for nor do I welcome.

edited September 2022

@Mark_OREZ - thank you for posting your artwork. Very nice mood and I also thank again @perlk for her "diamonds". They are really coming in handy, aren't they? smileyyes 

Edit: I commented on your work in the gallery (which I usually don't do) and gave you a "like"!

Post edited by AOBB on
    edited September 2022

AOBB said:Don't worry. I don't quite know how forums work, now I understand that I'm m meddling in a private conversation in which I'm not authorized by you. I apologize for disrespecting you, it was not my intention. It will not be repeated again. Good bye

@Renderart3d - I am asking again that you create a separate, new discusssion (thread) for your work and not post it in a thread dedicated to Sweetheart. I will gladly give you my comments in that new thread. As it is now, you are hijacking this thread and creating comparisons between my Marilyn and yours - something I didn't ask for nor do I welcome.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited September 2022

@Renderart3d - Thank you for your understanding and apology. I have to say that this thread is not owned by me and you are free to join into the discussion anytime you feel like it and are welcome to do so. It is just customary and appropriate to stick with the topic of the discussion (which is Sweetheart in this case, not Marilyn Monroe per se).

I understand how passionate you are about your work and I will gladly comment on it should you decide to open a separate thread dedicated to your work in progress on your Marilyn morph. I want to assure you that any comment I might make about your work will be made from a place of good will and no envy or hard feeling will be involved.

Looking forward to seeing your work gaining recognition and becoming all you want it to be.

smiley yes

Cheers,

AOBB

Post edited by AOBB on
    edited September 2022

AOBB said:

@Mark_OREZ - thank you for posting your artwork. Very nice mood and I also thank again @perlk for her "diamonds". They are really coming in handy, aren't they? smileyyes 

Edit: I commented on your work in the gallery (which I usually don't do) and gave you a "like"!

Thank you AOBB for your comment and like on the gallery. Just like you've written before, I know you usually don't do this, so I specially appreciate it and it goes straight to my heart.

Again I can't tell you how much I'm happy with your sweetheart morph. I know it's a passion for you, what a great thing you did here ! 

And of course the Diamonds from @perlk are just perfect. They are more than handy I would say they are obvious as soon as you have them. I know it was a request from you and it was a good idea very well made and executed by @perlk

The image below is my tribute to @perlk. It's an iteration on my WIP which wont appear on the gallery. This image has colors and I like the shining of the diamonds and that special color they give. Kudos to @perlk. Best diamonds ever.

Thank you AOBB and perlk and salutations to everyone viewing/reading.

202208171232_wip.jpg
    1600 x 1725 - 622K

Thank you, Mark. Your words in turn went to my heart! smiley And I agree - perlk's work is first rate!

• AOBB said:

Thank you, Mark. Your words in turn went to my heart! smiley And I agree - perlk's work is first rate!

yes 

• Hello AOBB, Hope your doing well. A quick one to tell you that I posted one image with sweetheart on Artstation with a link to this post smiley

Cheers.

Hi Mark,

I'm a bit under the weather but nothing serious. I'm working on a head sculpt and learning cinema 4d (I'm a total begginer). The head sculpt is tough to make, so I'm taking my time - that is why I haven't posted on the Freebies forum for a while.

Thank you for letting me know about your Artstation "escapade". This is such a nice portrait, Mark and thank you for your kindness - posting a link there to this thread and calling me your friend! I consider you a friend too! smileyheart

I hope you get many likes at Artstation.

Cheers,

AOBB

• perlkperlk Posts: 847

Mark OREZ said:

AOBB said:

Thank you AOBB for your comment and like on the gallery. Just like you've written before, I know you usually don't do this, so I specially appreciate it and it goes straight to my heart.

Again I can't tell you how much I'm happy with your sweetheart morph. I know it's a passion for you, what a great thing you did here ! 

And of course the Diamonds from @perlk are just perfect. They are more than handy I would say they are obvious as soon as you have them. I know it was a request from you and it was a good idea very well made and executed by @perlk

The image below is my tribute to @perlk. It's an iteration on my WIP which wont appear on the gallery. This image has colors and I like the shining of the diamonds and that special color they give. Kudos to @perlk. Best diamonds ever.

Thank you AOBB and perlk and salutations to everyone viewing/reading.

How did I miss this?!?!? I am honored, and she is so gorgeous!

@perlkblushheart

@Mark_OREZ - The color portrait is great too. Did you make her chin smaller? If so, that was a good idea. I think I made her chin too big (it looked pretty darn big on Marlyn's profile photo!).

• AOBB said:

Hi Mark,

I'm a bit under the weather but nothing serious. I'm working on a head sculpt and learning cinema 4d (I'm a total begginer). The head sculpt is tough to make, so I'm taking my time - that is why I haven't posted on the Freebies forum for a while.

Thank you for letting me know about your Artstation "escapade". This is such a nice portrait, Mark and thank you for your kindness - posting a link there to this thread and calling me your friend! I consider you a friend too! smileyheart

I hope you get many likes at Artstation.

Cheers,

AOBB

Yes I consider you as a friend and I'm glad to know that you too smiley  . I'm really happy to share toughts and images, whatever with you. You made my dream come true, being able to make areal render. 

Before "sweetheart" I could only use a crapy "face transfer" wich I wasnt happy with.

Arstation is only an extra place to share artwork and maybe found out some people to discuss and share ideas. I also like the fact that you can get "views". So cool ;o)

I'll keep posting on both. Cheers

• I'm a bit under the weather but nothing serious. I'm working on a head sculpt and learning cinema 4d (I'm a total begginer). The head sculpt is tough to make, so I'm taking my time - that is why I haven't posted on the Freebies forum for a while.

Cool. Wish I could create my own head sculpts. As discussed maybe one day... I'm working on a "environnement" called "Los Santos river" as you know. Not under pressure but totally excited. 

Another thing new for me. No possibility to rush out, it takes time to search stuff (references) take notes before starting the real thing. I can't imagine the results OMG.

Guess what ? All modeled with Cinema 4D ! I'm pretty sure you'll adopt the tool. I'm confortable enough with it and can make one ton of thing with from modeling to animate, etc ... 

I have tutorials, mostly old ones which are deprecated and in French ;o) Now I only need to find specific stuf mostly on youtube.

Maybe someday you'll make your renders on Cinema 4D, I know it cost some buck but Arnold render is really great (aka C4DTOA). You can try it for free it puts a watermark but you can use all the stuff.

One advice start by Cinema 4D you'll found out an external render if required later ...

•  

How did I miss this?!?!? I am honored, and she is so gorgeous!

No problemo perlk. Your diamond necklace is excellent. A great feat, masterwork ! Thanks and kudos.

edited October 2022

AOBB said:

@perlkblushheart

@Mark_OREZ - The color portrait is great too. Did you make her chin smaller? If so, that was a good idea. I think I made her chin too big (it looked pretty darn big on Marlyn's profile photo!).

haha: I've got my secret recipes devil just playing with the cursors until something happens, hopefully not too far.

B&W with necklace is the latest one, the final. Character is CHB Milan for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female. Did this choice because of the skin tone which was better suited on b&w (no colors renders posted looks like a vampire).

Color version with necklace = previous version. Character is Victoria 8.1 HD.

Your morph is really great no need to change anything. The best one in my opinion. And you can manipulate it with DAZ controls, amazing.

Last but not least. Today I've seen again "Aviator" with Leonardo Di Caprio and on the movie we can see actresses like Audrey Hepburn and Ava Gardner, haha. They look fantastic.

Thank you, Mark! smiley It's funny but I haven't watched "The Aviator". It would seem like such a no-brainer given my love for old movies. I guess I couldn't get around to watching it for two reasons - I'm not a Martin Scorsese fan and I have too much etched in my memory the faces of the original players to suspend my disbelief. BTW, I think you've meant Katharine Hepburn... wink

• AOBB said:

Thank you, Mark! smiley It's funny but I haven't watched "The Aviator". It would seem like such a no-brainer given my love for old movies. I guess I couldn't get around to watching it for two reasons - I'm not a Martin Scorsese fan and I have too much etched in my memory the faces of the original players to suspend my disbelief. BTW, I think you've meant Katharine Hepburn... wink

Maybe you should give a chance to the  "The Aviator". I believe everything looks "time/period correct" and you'll find one ton of things you love on other movies. Also the colors and style of the image are incredible. Real looks like an "old" movie from the golden age of hollywood.

Of course it's impossible to replace the original actresses (may be possible with good CGI) and I totally understand what your talking about: "I have too much etched in my memory the faces of the original players to suspend my disbelief"

By the way you're right it's Katharine not Audrey. But it was just a quick check :p haha Cheers AOBB.

• My render

dfsdfsdfsioijooooouoiuo.jpg
    3000 x 2121 - 3M

Thank you, dan! smileyyes It always touches my heart when someone takes the time to post their renders with "my" morphs. That is very thoughtful of you, dan!

This swimsuit is spot on, btw.

Cheers,

AOBB

• dan_gogonici said:

My render

You did a wonderful image / render. "Sweetheart" looks really beautiful. Congratulations

• dan_gogonici said:

My render

You did a wonderful image / render. "Sweetheart" looks really beautiful. Congratulations