Post edited by Sfariah D on

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,620
    edited December 1969

...just missed it by "That Much" again.

Congrats Kulay

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,030
    edited June 2015

Hear that? It's the sound of a thread about to split. :)
    The I Spent My Content Money On A Pretzel Dog Complaint Thread

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

...The Oy I Have A Splitting Thread Headache Complaint Thread .

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,214
    edited June 2015

Kyoto Kid said:
    Arghhhh... Landlady collected rent today and indicated the renters in the other half of the house are moving out and that she might be selling the house I live in. I hate change. She said she'd try to put in a clause in the sales contract to let me stay at my same rent that I've been paying for the last 7 years but I can't rely on that.

I've taken a peek at possibly moving to a trailer in Florida but I'm allergic to hurricanes. But I am getting really really tired of snow up here. I hate to think about packing and transporting stuff 1200 miles again, and changing doctors and dealing with Florida problems like bugs, heat and rust. So I don't know what to do. Just when my life was beginning to run smoothly (except for the $@%##$#$ snow.)

...in the same boat here. However rents here in Portland are becoming outrageous considering that most people here don't make 40,000+$ a year. Even a shoebox studio can go for as much as 800$ sans utilities. Waiting lists for low income units are upwards of two years or more as the upscale developers see there is no profit in building them. One friend just moved out of his place where he was paying 850$ a month for a small slightly run down 1BR flat. He learned that not only is the landlord is raising the rent to 1,300$/mo but there is already a hipster couple already willing to pay that and move in. It isn't even in a fancy upscale neighbourhood.

It's no wonder Portland has such a large homeless population.

I've actually got a sweet deal here. It's the town I grew up in, the weather has snow and cold in the winter but we don't get major floods, major tornados, earthquakes, sinkholes, forest fires, fireants, poisonous snakes, alligators, sharks, hurricanes, or water or air pollution. We have plenty of water, and good Internet connections. If things get really bad there's enough land along with this house with rich fertile dirt to grow a real garden for food like everybody did here when I was a kid. I have a one bedroom apartment. My rent is only $400 with utilities (elec, water, gas) included. My biggest complaints are the cold and snow, no shelter for my car, dirt/mud sloping driveway, and parochial mentality of the natives.

The trailer park I'm looking at in Florida is really rather nice. My father and step-mother lived there before they died. It's neat, clean, paved streets, community center, swimming pool, within walking distance (2-blocks) to a medium sized shopping center for groceries, restaurants, bank, etc. No hills to navigate. I swore I'd never live among ancient people but now that I've been one for a while, I can see its advantages as long as I can avoid learning to play canasta. The park is not near the ocean so no salt corrosion to deal with, it's along the central ridge of the state so no risk of river floods or tidal waves. Orlando is only an hour away, Tampa is 1.5 hours away, Miami is 3 hours away. I have several relatives my own age already living in Florida within a couple hours drive. However, it is possible the Earth could open up and swallow me, or a hurricane could throw my trailer into the next county. I just need to finish my research to figure out my bottom line cost to live there and what it would cost to move there.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

it's time. to work on the portrait of the space pirate crew. :shut: the embellishment details will come to my dreams.

edited June 2015

Kyoto Kid said:
    Arghhhh... Landlady collected rent today and indicated the renters in the other half of the house are moving out and that she might be selling the house I live in. I hate change. She said she'd try to put in a clause in the sales contract to let me stay at my same rent that I've been paying for the last 7 years but I can't rely on that.

I've taken a peek at possibly moving to a trailer in Florida but I'm allergic to hurricanes. But I am getting really really tired of snow up here. I hate to think about packing and transporting stuff 1200 miles again, and changing doctors and dealing with Florida problems like bugs, heat and rust. So I don't know what to do. Just when my life was beginning to run smoothly (except for the $@%##$#$ snow.)

...in the same boat here. However rents here in Portland are becoming outrageous considering that most people here don't make 40,000+$ a year. Even a shoebox studio can go for as much as 800$ sans utilities. Waiting lists for low income units are upwards of two years or more as the upscale developers see there is no profit in building them. One friend just moved out of his place where he was paying 850$ a month for a small slightly run down 1BR flat. He learned that not only is the landlord is raising the rent to 1,300$/mo but there is already a hipster couple already willing to pay that and move in. It isn't even in a fancy upscale neighbourhood.

I've actually got a sweet deal here. It's the town I grew up in, the weather has snow and cold in the winter but we don't get major floods, major tornados, earthquakes, sinkholes, forest fires, fireants, poisonous snakes, alligators, sharks, hurricanes, or water or air pollution. We have plenty of water, and good Internet connections. If things get really bad there's enough land along with this house with rich fertile dirt to grow a real garden for food like everybody did here when I was a kid. I have a one bedroom apartment. My rent is only $400 with utilities (elec, water, gas) included. My biggest complaints are the cold and snow, no shelter for my car, dirt/mud sloping driveway, and parochial mentality of the natives.

The trailer park I'm looking at in Florida is really rather nice. My father and step-mother lived there before they died. It's neat, clean, paved streets, community center, swimming pool, within walking distance (2-blocks) to a medium sized shopping center for groceries, restaurants, bank, etc. No hills to navigate. I swore I'd never live among ancient people but now that I've been one for a while, I can see its advantages as long as I can avoid learning to play canasta. The park is not near the ocean so no salt corrosion to deal with, it's along the central ridge of the state so no risk of river floods or tidal waves. Orlando is only an hour away, Tampa is 1.5 hours away, Miami is 3 hours away. I have several relatives my own age already living in Florida within a couple hours drive. However, it is possible the Earth could open up and swallow me, or a hurricane could throw my trailer into the next county. I just need to finish my research to figure out my bottom line cost to live there and what it would cost to move there.
    ...hmmm after my experience living in the Midwest, trailer parks tend to have big bullseyes on them when it comes to those twisty funnels from the sky. Guess they're not so common in Florida, but aren't there gators, big cockroaches, poisonous snakes, high humidity, and isn't Orlando in the "Lightning Belt?

Don't want to end up in some assisted living "tomb" (even though a I do have memory lapses), or I'll most likely wind up up much like the character Tom Ballard from the series Waiting For God (just need to find a "Diana" to wreak havok with).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Ah that New Thread smell! Second only to the great smell of Brut™.

edited December 1969

....not British Sterling™?

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

it's time. to work on the portrait of the space pirate crew. :shut: the embellishment details will come to my dreams.

Pirates from the Betty in Alien 4 were traditional: drunken rabble with bandanas wooden legs and all but no parrot :lol:

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...hmmm after my experience living in the Midwest, trailer parks tend to have big bullseyes on them when it comes to those twisty funnels from the sky. Guess they're not so common in Florida, but aren't there gators, big cockroaches, poisonous snakes, high humidity, and isn't Orlando in the "Lightning Belt?

Don't want to end up in some assisted living "tomb" (even though a I do have memory lapses), or I'll most likely wind up up much like the character Tom Ballard from the series Waiting For God (just need to find a "Diana" to wreak havok with).

Spent time the past week or two finding temporary shelter for rough sleepers, you guys take care of yourselves please :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Explains confusion about previous page button being absent :lol:

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

. . . and the punch of Ali. ;)

edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    tjohn said:

...or the stunning scent of Hai Karate™

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwh3nQP5Uo

...be careful how you use it...

edited December 1969

Ah the late 60's and early 70's, when advertisers tried to make young men believe that the right cologne would make beautiful women fall insanely in love with them. :lol:
    By the way, they don't work. I know, I tried them. :red:

edited December 1969

Where's my caffeine? Later.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,102
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Tim_A said:
    tjohn said:

...or the stunning scent of Hai Karate™

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwh3nQP5Uo

...be careful how you use it...

Whoa! That brings me back!

Dana

edited June 2015

tjohn said:
    Ah the late 60's and early 70's, when advertisers tried to make young men believe that the right cologne would make beautiful women fall insanely in love with them. :lol:

This type of Brut works a little better.

korbel_brut.jpg
    600 x 190 - 25K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760
    edited December 1969

This new thread smells like bacon.

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ....not British Sterling™?

Some prefer Old Lice.. erm Spice :red:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Axe doesn't work, either! :shut:

edited December 1969

BACCCCCCCOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN! :cheese: :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:

Ostrich!

Oh boy spending far too much time on freeways :lol:

O.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 145K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    TroutFace said:

Ostrich!

Alfred Hitchcock was right! :ahhh: INCOMING BIRDS!

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    tjohn said:

Well, think about it... when you cover yourself with the smell of axe what do you expect other than flies?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    tjohn said:

Well, think about it... when you cover yourself with the smell of axe what do you expect other than flies?

I think he said axe not ox. Axe has a wooden smell with a chunk of steel on it.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:

Explains confusion about previous page button being absent :lol:

I too was confused when I didn't have a reply button. Glad I'm not the only one.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

i'll tell ya what works on me, might not count as i'm not a beautiful woman.

sandalwood!

i was on my lunch break on 2nd avenue and 43rd, a dude walked by, left a whiff of sandalwood, i followed him a couple blocks, he smelled that awesome.

dunno if they still make it, Crabtree of Eveland(?) made a sandalwood product for men.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Pirates from the Betty in Alien 4 were traditional: drunken rabble with bandanas wooden legs and all but no parrot :lol:

i feel bad nows, didn't give the space pirate captain a familiar. :lol:

edited June 2015

need a store filter to filter out the iray stuff :bug: cuz now it's just irritating :grumpypants:

AMD dual core. onboard (dunno) chipset graphics. 4gb

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,102
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    TroutFace said:

Ostrich!

Looks lonely on that freeway. Apocalypse already happen? Birds?

Dana

This discussion has been closed.