The Kracken ate my Lunch Complaint Thread

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited June 2015 in The Commons

We left the Fairy Dragon over there==>

just came back from seeing Avengers. or rather the ultron movie. avengers were in some of the movie

:-/

gonna tweet joss whedon my opinion

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,840
    edited May 2015

I am busy trying to render a test render so far over twenty minutes and it has not finished yet.

testimage001.png
    1149 x 921 - 503K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited December 1969

Here is a continuation of the WIP.

testimage002.png
    1149 x 921 - 863K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,688
    edited December 1969

...busy day yesterday. missed a full day of the forums and the thread rollover.

Congrats Misty. on the new thread.

LeatherGryphon, hope it wasn't me who gave you that. Soundssimilar to what I had the last couple weeks (still have a nagging cough) .

Anne, sad to hear about little Chuy. Cute lil' fellow he was.

Redheads, my weakness.

Somewhat wild time here yesterday afternoon when the May Day rally got a bit out of hand. Wasn't there (thankfully, pepper spray is no fun when you have allergies). but it really messed up the evening commute something fierce. Riot police were called in when protesters tried to shut down one of the major bridges which was when things escalated. Fortunately no major injuries on either side.

I was meeting with several of my network team most of the day then enjoyed a quiet relaxing afternoon in the sun sipping fine ales at the neighbourhood brewery and dinner afterwards.

Set the plans in motion for the upcoming move. Will be meeting with them during next week to take care of a few things and look for a new place. They agree with my concerns about not wanting to be in the burbs and have a few lines on some good possibilities. Still Don't care for moving, but this time will have lot of help Been in the same place for almost 18 years (yeah I like some sense of stability).

On the 3D front, new update for Daz 4.8 is out with some important fixes.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,047
    edited December 1969

Treasure Chest And Pirate Booty
    starring Callie Six
    What double entendre? :)

Treasure_Chest_And_Pirate_Booty.jpg
    1250 x 1500 - 412K
    edited December 1969

...cute.

Have a cutie WIP myself, but need to install the update for 4.8 first.

However need to step out for a while, nice day here again. Gotta get that daily dose of vitamin D.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...cute.

Have a cutie WIP myself, but need to install the update for 4.8 first.

However need to step out for a while, nice day here again. Gotta get that daily dose of vitamin D.

Using the update on the above.
    edited December 1969

Here is a continuation of the WIP.

Foxy's in shock now. :ahhh: :lol:
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,281
    edited May 2015

My illness has returned. Temperature has gone back up to 101.4 I haven't slept in three days. I feel like I can't get enough air. I called my doctor this afternoon and she of course said that I should go to the emergency room to check for flu or pneumonia. I thought about it for a while but will give it one more night. If I can't get any sleep tonight I'm going to call the local fire department to transport me to the emergency room (they transport for free, whereas a real ambulance company charges $$$). I don't want to drive because I don't feel safe driving in this condition. My temperature goes up & down but hasn't stabilized below 99. I think what scares me the most is that I see the world as through a yellow filter, and with less intensity than normal. When my temperature goes down the yellow vision goes away. If you don't hear from me in the morning I'm in the hospital.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

My illness has returned. Temperature has gone back up to 101.4 I haven't slept in three days. I feel like I can't get enough air. I called my doctor this afternoon and she of course said that I should go to the emergency room to check for flu or pneumonia. I thought about it for a while but will give it one more night. If I can't get any sleep tonight I'm going to call the local fire department to transport me to the emergency room (they transport for free, whereas a real ambulance company charges $$$). I don't want to drive because I don't feel safe driving in this condition. My temperature goes up & down but hasn't stabilized below 99. I think what scares me the most is that I see the world as through a yellow filter, and with less intensity than normal. When my temperature goes down the yellow vision goes away. If you don't hear from me in the morning I'm in the hospital.

Well I had a bit of a day today (Sunday here) but not like yours, hopes that turns out OK for you :)

edited December 1969

...take care guy. At our age this type of thing is nothing to trifle with.
    edited December 1969

Here is a butterfly next to a guy's head

testimage003.png
    1149 x 921 - 720K
    edited May 2015

There has been progress. Yea! about 10:00 last night I went up to lay down in bed and felt really hot and was sweating like a wrestler, but other than that I was feeling better. I immediately fell asleep for an hour and woke up on sweaty sheets despite the room temperature being 65 and being on top of the sheets and the big fan blowing directly on me. It was the first hour of honest to goodness sleep I'd had in three days. I slept and sweat several more times in about two hour cycles until 6:30 this morning.

My temperature is 98.6 now. Still a little high for me but I feel good except that I have absolutely no energy. I'm hoping that will return in the next few days.

edited December 1969

There has been progress. Yea! about 10:00 last night I went up to lay down in bed and felt really hot and was sweating like a wrestler, but other than that I was feeling better. I immediately fell asleep for a hour and woke up on sweaty sheets despite the room temperature being 65 and being on top of the sheets and the big fan blowing directly on me. It was the first hour of honest to goodness sleep I'd had in three days. I slept and sweat several more times in about two hour cycles until 6:30 this morning.

My temperature is 98.6 now. Still a little high for me but I feel good except that I have absolutely no energy. I'm hoping that will return in the next few days.

Get plenty of fluids. I know, it's obvious but very important. Feel better soonest.
    edited December 1969

Here is a butterfly next to a guy's head

Yay, flutterby! :lol:
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

the get well thread :)

edited December 1969

gripe - now needs 2 new items for artist store discounts?

gianni will look good in button outfit, he might say no to wearing high heel boots

edited May 2015

Thank you. :-)

There've been several of us under the weather lately.

edited May 2015

nice day to soak up some rays, chase health woes away. :)

Lunch time!

hungry for spinach tortellini?

or could fry some cow taquitos? with cheese and sour cream and a side of macarones salad :cheese:
    no haz chili or lime or beer, still ... tasty for lunch.
    sweeeeeet baby rays
    i mebbe new york on the outside, but inside i might be texan :cheese:

taq.jpg
    300 x 214 - 14K
    150503.png
    610 x 560 - 93K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,768
    edited December 1969

Laugh yourself well:

http://www.joeyguse.com/2007/07/how-marx-brothers-brought-norman.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

edited December 1969

nice day to soak up some rays, chase health woes away. :)

Lunch time!

hungry for spinach tortellini?

or could fry some cow taquitos? with cheese and sour cream and a side of macarones salad :cheese:
    no haz chili or lime or beer, still ... tasty for lunch.
    sweeeeeet baby rays
    i mebbe new york on the outside, but inside i might be texan :cheese:

What part of the cow is the taquito? Sounds disgusting. :sick:

edited May 2015

the taquito is the tortilla, crispy. cow is called 93% sirloin on the package. not sure what the sirloin is

cheesie inside the wrap.
    this is how it came out. :) Lunch is ready.

20150503_140451.jpeg
    900 x 1600 - 169K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

I decided to try another bluray trial as powerdvd does not work with WIndows 10. I want something that I can try out for 30 days until I can make a choice of what suite to buy and to verify it works with windows 10.

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

The music is done.

I will make it "Pay what you want"

The only thing that matters, is that someone enjoy it :cheese:

I am thrown against the sky...

It still rings in my ears.. I let my child go.. so hard :red:

edited December 1969

I can watch Stargate but not Frozen with Corel WinDVD Pro 11 trial.

edited December 1969

the taquito is the tortilla, crispy. cow is called 93% sirloin on the package. not sure what the sirloin is

cheesie inside the wrap.
    this is how it came out. :) Lunch is ready.

Oh thank goodness. I thought it was some unmentionable organ! :cheese:

edited December 1969

There has been progress. Yea! about 10:00 last night I went up to lay down in bed and felt really hot and was sweating like a wrestler, but other than that I was feeling better. I immediately fell asleep for an hour and woke up on sweaty sheets despite the room temperature being 65 and being on top of the sheets and the big fan blowing directly on me. It was the first hour of honest to goodness sleep I'd had in three days. I slept and sweat several more times in about two hour cycles until 6:30 this morning.

...sounds like you broke the fever. Rest and liquids for sure.
    edited May 2015

Rest! Right! Not to be. Life caught up with me and I HAD to do laundry today. What a chore when you have no energy. :down: I do my laundry at a laundromat so I had to cart everything there and back.

I also had my first solid food in a couple of days. Good ol' Burger King cheeseburger & small coke. I'd been living on soup and low cal fudgebars. Yeah, I know! The fudgebars probably don't even qualify as food, they were devoid of fats and sugars and proteins but they were icecreamish and cold and tasty, and soothed my throat and boosted my spirits.

Today is Sunday and the local entrepreneurs sell BBQ chicken along the road. I thought about it but decided that dealing with chicken bones and messy fingers was going to tire me out too much. So, I settled for the cheeseburger and I've come home where I've vegetated in front of the TV to get my temperature down again and now I'm finally able to take a nap before taking my clothes & sheets upstairs (a weary journey itself).

It's a good thing that DAZ hasn't been enticing me with things I don't really need but would like and can almost afford. My DAZ budget has already been exceeded for this pay period.

edited December 1969

...yeah have the same issue with laundry myself. Closest laundromat is something like 12 blocks away. Used to have one just down the hill (only 4 blocks away with a pub right next door) but it is no more as the building it was in was torn down and replaced by an ugly post modern upscale condo complex. Also the one I now go to is smaller than the own that closed, so oft times have to wait for empty machines which make the experience all that much more annoying to deal with.

Hopefully the new place will have such facilities.on the property.

BK? Now that makes me feel a bit queasy. :sick:

Ach, food. Reminds me I have to go to the Market in a bit as the larder is quite bare right now and the weather is nice. Already 70° in the area I do my shopping heading to a high of 75°.

edited December 1969

help help i need to be resuscitated.

drooo ree reesuss resussitation droooooolicious

Travis_Fimmel_wallpaper.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 59K
    edited December 1969

...for a moment thought it was Gianni rendered in Iray. Been spending way too much time on the Iray skin shader thread.

This discussion has been closed.