Real Lights for Iray Mesh Emitters [commercial]

Comments

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

This is a guaranteed instant purchase for me. Soooo many things I can do with something like this.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

In-case you haven't seen it yet, REAL LIGHTS IS OUT!!! :D First time in awhile I've been waiting for my own product.

Check out the pop-ups and features here: http://www.daz3d.com/real-lights-for-daz-studio-iray

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Bought it Sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Now to play :-)

edited December 1969

Snagged it!

Thank you so much for making this! As soon as I get home from work, I am off to play with this.

• mgessat_f159911d19mgessat_f159911d19 Posts: 81
    edited December 1969

It's not usual that i am totally excited with a product - but here i am. I guessed it from the description in advance, and today i can confirm - this is a "must buy" - you can easily transform any (or let's say, the most...) "old" sceneries into a fantastic looking IRAY scenery - especially the old ones which had no DAZ, but only Poser lights. Just select the light emitting devices (often they have a common "light" material...), apply an adequate "Real Lights" shader (if it's too bright or to dark adjust the Luminance...), render and - wow!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,226
    edited December 1969

mgessat said:
    It's not usual that i am totally excited with a product - but here i am. I guessed it from the description in advance, and today i can confirm - this is a "must buy" - you can easily transform any (or let's say, the most...) "old" sceneries into a fantastic looking IRAY scenery - especially the old ones which had no DAZ, but only Poser lights. Just select the light emitting devices (often they have a common "light" material...), apply an adequate "Real Lights" shader (if it's too bright or to dark adjust the Luminance...), render and - wow!
    Post some examples of your success! I'm eager to see user results. It sounds like a good product.
  • Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

I told myself sternly that I wasn't buying anything else until the next pay period, then promptly ignored myself when I saw this hit the marketplace.

I agree; it's a must-have if you're planning to get serious at all about iRay.

I want to do another test render when I get through dorking around with housework. Hopefully it'll be worth posting.

• mgessat_f159911d19mgessat_f159911d19 Posts: 81
    edited December 1969

Here's some example - I stopped rendering at 43% because the result is convincing enough I think - the bulbs at the mirror were selected with one click (shader bulb 60W), there was the bulb at the cealing; and the neon bulbs which were one material slider and click, too. I added a reduced headlamp light with the camera, too - but that's your choice, of course. There only should be "enough" light in a IRAY rendering - otherwise it will be grainy... :)

YouDoNotWantToKnowWhatsHappeningInThisRoom.jpg
    1843 x 1382 - 2M
  • Ralf1958Ralf1958 Posts: 688
    edited December 1969

Try those renders with Bloom Settings! You'll be amazed! :-)

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited June 2015

I couldn't stand it any longer. So here's a test scene in which our city's resident young superhero takes a break to deal with yet another would-be world conquerer. Why do these overdressed bozos always manage to roll into town the afternoon before a big Algebra II test?

William Gibson wrote at least once about "sky the color of static" and I wanted to give that a shot. So environmental lighting is from a sky dome coated with the "Monitor" preset and the emissive value dialed way, way back. The other glowing bits are untweaked Neon presets. No other lights or environment functions are enabled.

PreachyWannabeOverlord Boy's glow doesn't really have anything to bounce off of, so it's hard to tell how powerful the default settings are. HoveringHighlyAnnoyedByTheInterruption Boy's costume does a better job with that. (Yeah, his face is grainy as all get-out, but it shows the radiant contribution.)

This makes me want to get serious about iRay again. I'd kind of given up, at least temporarily. Now I need to try YET AGAIN to sift through all the forum posts on how to keep skin and hair from looking like Mattel action figures.

StaticSky.png
    763 x 1236 - 1M
    Post edited by Three Wishes on
  • MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited December 1969

Very nice, useful, and for Iray....three reasons why this will go straight into my cart when it hits the Daz Store. :lol:

Cheers :-)

Just seen these have been released....so purchased as promised. Looking forward to playing with these now in some various Iray rendered scenes.

Cheers :-)

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

WOOT WOOT!

(insert random text here to appease the forum gods)

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Into my wishlist till payday hits, great set chris. :)

edited December 1969

Well not sure how much of a success the picture I made is, but the product itself is wonderful!

playingwithfire3.jpg
    988 x 871 - 212K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148
    edited December 1969

Def in my must have but still building the cart up..... I will own these but hoping that I have a new vid card before long to really test these and other iRay packs out.... HopefullY!

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

dhtapp said:
    I told myself sternly that I wasn't buying anything else until the next pay period [...]

I'm sorry for OT, but I swear the first time I saw this, I read: "I wasn't buying anything else until my next period" and thought 'Wow, some people have weird ways of managing their spending.' :D

I felt it was necessary to get that off my chest. Sorry. Move along.... :D

edited December 1969

:lol: :-P

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Just a quick note.

On some lights it might be best to set them to single sided. For example on the skyline render, if you do that the lights will not shine from the fixtures directly on the ceiling. Just a quick render as an example. (Definitely need to adjust levels. LOL.)

Skyline.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Just a quick render, a Little grainy because stopped at 59%. I love those lights!

Moonshine_Diner.png
    1200 x 675 - 801K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,321
    edited December 1969

I'm getting a bit confused by these I have them but haven't had a chance to look at them yet.
    Are they lights or presets for the IrayUber shader that can be applied to any surface?

edited December 1969

I'm getting a bit confused by these I have them but haven't had a chance to look at them yet.
    Are they lights or presets for the IrayUber shader that can be applied to any surface?

They are shaders.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,321
    edited December 1969

ralf said:

They are shaders.

So they are new shaders just for Iray - cool - odd that they are under Shader presets.

• 24_Seven24_Seven Posts: 31
    edited June 2015

Fantastic! I just bought it and finally found the settings and am in the middle of a very simple render to try it out - one luminous sphere over a coffee table and Persian rug and that's all. Really sweet look!

Couple quick questions to someone who is still finding their way around DAZ (yours truly):

1) Is there a way to sort my shaders to where I have all your stuff in one place -- like a sub folder or something? If I rename them to keep them together with a prefix or whatnot, will they still work with a different name? Right now it's all jumbled together with lots of other shaders.

2) How long did that street scene render take? It is (they all are) gorgeous!!!!!!!! I can tell my computer is going to be quite busy on a regular basis while I sleep. I won't be able to get enough of this cool lighting.

I have to say, this program rocks. It was sooooooo easy. :-)

Post edited by 24_Seven on
    edited December 1969

ralf said:

They are shaders.

So they are new shaders just for Iray - cool - odd that they are under Shader presets.The store page says they are "DAZ Studio Iray Shader Presets. I don't own it yet, but I'm guessing it is a group of presets that tweak the Iray Uber Shader Emissive characteristics, not a new shader. They sound like time saving presets, so you don't have to experiment and flail around with the existing settings yourself.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Hey Folks, thanks for all the support and I hope everyone is enjoying the one click settings. ;)

These are indeed shaders, though they do emit real light settings. All the hassle of understanding kelvins and lumins have been addressed and made as simple to use as possible.

Most of the promos were rendered in about 15 minutes using a GTX-980 on a Win7-64bit computer running 32GB ram. Nothing too special.

edited December 1969

Ah, so you created you own light emitting shader(s) then, rather than rely on the Uber shader emmitance? Maybe I won't truly understand until I can purchase it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    edited December 1969

Daikatana said:
    Well not sure how much of a success the picture I made is, but the product itself is wonderful!

..I think it looks pretty good. Very warm feeling. like how the reflection of the lights is captured in the glasses.
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Daikatana said:

..I think it looks pretty good. Very warm feeling. like how the reflection of the lights is captured in the glasses.

Thank you! It was a fun image to do.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I like how the presets are easy to fiddle with for fine tuning. Here's a quick test render I just did of the Dream Home Media Room plus furniture. Monitor Glow on the TV screen and DVD box control displays, a dim Neon on all the power switches, and turned down ceiling lights just so the rest of the room is visible. Plain Iray Base applied to all other surfaces, except a recoloured Flint Glass on the tinted table tops. Looks pretty good, I'd say, for a scene with almost no actual setup.

Test-glowy-TV-01.jpg
    1700 x 1190 - 264K
  • aaron575aaron575 Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

I love this set, raided my piggy-bank to get it 'cause payday is too long to wait. ;-)