Star Trek Builders Unite 7: The Continuing Mission

Comments

• Woody4DWoody4D Posts: 12

HELLO!!  I am the Animator of Star Trek Beyond Antares (Fan Film with Real Voices) and have made the TOS bridge and sickbay in 360° VR 3D Videos, (soon to be a VR App)   (See much fun stuff below:) MY QUESTION:  Has anybody seen a 3D Model Version of the Enterprise Refit (TMP / TWOK) BRIDGE available or sourceable?  I plan to create the next 17 full length 'lost episodes' in the TMP Era!!  But I am mostly a Visual Effects Artist and Character Animator,  if I have to model the bridge, the project will probably never exist, abnd a 2-parter klingon episode with the REAL Klingon Actors Voices will be lost forever, a New Harry Mudd with the actors voice, a new Trelane episode with the original actors voice, plus 15 more 45-minute episodes comprising new stories,.!!!  If you watch Beyond Anmtares and read the AXANAR Article about me below, you will know I am telling the Truth!  I have real Trek magic here,  I need a Bjo Trimble to help me breath life into the last of the last work from our beloved friends, the crew of the Enterprise! .  If someone can help me find the Refit TMP Bridge, I will (right away) release it as a 3D 360° VR Video (and APP afterwards) and Use it to produice the next 18 lost Star Trek TOS in TMP era Episodes!!

VR Bridge:

VR Sickbay:  

Beyond Antares: 

2-part article about my projects: http://www.axanarproductions.com/fan-film-friday-star-trek-beyond-antares-part-1/

http://www.axanarproductions.com/fan-film-friday-star-trek-beyond-antares-part-2/

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

So.... isn't that the ultimate quest.  A TMP/WOK era enterprise bridge.  I had a TMP one that I was working on many years ago.  Did most of the modeling then hit a point where I realized that I had a combination of things wrong happen on it that caused me to drop the project before getting any of the detail work done.  Here's a link to my Unfinished TMP Bridge and matching Chair on sharecg.
    sasuraibito has been working on completing my old TMP bridge.  He's got some renders of it on pg 87 of this thread.

I know this isn't what you are looking for, but more recently I've been working on a Star Trek IV version of the Enterprise A bridge.
    Here are a few renders of my Enterprise A bridge

• Still have some more work to do, Trying to model the Weapons bay and finish adding some of the screens, but this is just a sample of the latest lighting test 

Forrestal Refit Bridge New Test 2.png
    1620 x 607 - 1M
  • Been a busy month catching up on my new job so I hadn't been able to work on much of anything at all. 

I did start doing a set redress on my Sephora Engineering set to turn it into a Cargo Bay. :)  That meant modeling the Newtype Cargo Containers from the Motion Picture, modeling up a cargo transporter, modifying the back walls to hold the cargo containers (still working on) and modeling up a tractor beam emitter to move the cargo containers around (also needs to be modelled). So there's that.

Then I started working on a Civilian/Starfleet scout/transport craft loosely based on the Okinawa from Starfleet Command II. I say loosely as it's definitely going to have similar dimensions and design patterns but is going to be only 5-6 decks as opposed to 10 or so as well as being more mid-TOS or Phase II tech instead of late Motion Picture tech. 

destroyer_cargo_bay_wip_by_ashleytinger-dbfn7n6.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 916K
    destroyer_cargo_bay_transporter_wip_by_ashleytinger-dbfrner.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 558K
    civialian_scout_ship_wip_01_by_ashleytinger-dbjz1ie.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 94K
  • Woody4DWoody4D Posts: 12
    JamesJAB said:

So.... isn't that the ultimate quest.  A TMP/WOK era enterprise bridge.  I had a TMP one that I was working on many years ago.  Did most of the modeling then hit a point where I realized that I had a combination of things wrong happen on it that caused me to drop the project before getting any of the detail work done.  Here's a link to my Unfinished TMP Bridge and matching Chair on sharecg.
    sasuraibito has been working on completing my old TMP bridge.  He's got some renders of it on pg 87 of this thread.

I know this isn't what you are looking for, but more recently I've been working on a Star Trek IV version of the Enterprise A bridge.
    Here are a few renders of my Enterprise A bridge

I sure appreciate it!  I have found a version of the bridge that was made for the game Bridge Commander, I found an import for the strange file and it is not too bad EXCEPT for the plains loz rez chairs, WHCICH I had come online to seek out tonight!  THANK YOU,  What a great help!   Can I ask your suggestion as to a good place to blog my efforts?  Maybe TrekBBS or?  Also,  I plan to make the bridge the best parts of  TMP and TWOK as the time in between of transition is the tim eperiod of my 18 episodes anways!~  (the Stardate Kirk reads for my eps..)  75,000 people watched my part 1 ()  62,000 watched part 2,  part 3 is almost done, then on to the Next 5 year Mission!   What Software do you work in?  Do you need any Software, Tools or plugins or 3D Models,  OR Digital Instruments / VST / Kontakt Pro Soundsets (I have 20 yeras of collected assets from worknig in Hollywood!)   Thanks for the chair!  Anyone have a lead on ENgineering from TMP/TWOK? :)

•  I managed to squeeze in some time with the scout ship again.

Laid out rough shapes for the deflector hardware housing and the probe/torpedo launcher. I'd had a rough layout for the secondary hull that would rest above the deflector housing but then decided I'd make sure there was actual space for a small shuttlebay and cargo area like I'd originally planned and it got scrapped. The grey rectangles on top of each other at the back are the roughs for a shuttle (I just used the TOS dimensions from some blueprints) and I wanted to make sure it had room to rotate in the bay and then obviously room for the cargo and to set a single cargo container on the floor. 

I haven't decided if I'm going to just make the cargo bay one level instead of two. It adds more height to the secondary hull there that I originally wasn't planning on. I added in roughs for the warp nacelles and pylons. 

Still need to work out the impulse engine but I did realize that my turbolift/escape pods were too small so I upped their size and they can fit a full size turbolift now. 

One thing I am doing with this is building it with sets in mind and will be building low poly rooms into it so that when you peak in the windows you get an actual view of the rooms. If you open the shuttlebay you can see into the cargo bay and so on. I have no idea how long this is going to take me as I bounce around with stuff I'm having fun with especially while car hunting, new hours at the new job, and prepping our old ouse to sell. So much to do. >_<

civilian_scout_ship_wip_02_by_ashleytinger-dbk8kk8.jpg
    1600 x 1500 - 141K
  • AshleyTingerAshleyTinger Posts: 498
    edited August 2017

Got some more done on the scout.

Decided to cut the height of the secondary hull so it'll only hold one stack of cargo instead of two, but we still have a shuttle bay. I have no idea how I wand to cap the end off. I don't know if I want to go more Reliant/Excelsior with the back end with sliding doors or the bandshell style of the connie. I toyed with several exterior designs for the secondary hull but rounded brick was really the only thing that would hold any kind of cargo and support the warp nacelles. I don't know why I have like zero issues with the saucers but then completely blank on the secondary hull. If I come up with something that works a bit better I'm sure I'll modify it, otherwise I'm going with it for now. 

The deflector dish and torpedo/probe launcher are obviously placeholders but I wanted something there to make sure I'd given it enough space.  I just realized that the dish looks like a Dalek plunger. O.o  Looking at it now I could probably add more offensive capabilities to the ship and reduce its height by adding a second torpedo launcher and swinging them up along side the deflector.... hrmmmm. 

civvie scout ship wip 03.jpg
    1592 x 1217 - 118K
    Post edited by AshleyTinger on
  • Looking for TOS era Daz Studio sets.  It seems like there are a bunch of good sets for Poser but almost none for DS.  Anyone know of a good source for DS TOS era sets?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Looking for TOS era Daz Studio sets.  It seems like there are a bunch of good sets for Poser but almost none for DS.  Anyone know of a good source for DS TOS era sets?

There's nothing stopping you using the Poser sets you've come across, D|S can read most types of Poser file if they're properly installed into a Poser runtime that D|S knows how to find. Note, though, that you will usually need to fiddle with the materials to make them look good in D|S.

With one exception — Poser scene files (with the .pz3 extension) can't be loaded directly as Poser content, you have to use Import from the File menu or set them up in a content location defined in the Content Directory Manager as "Other" (as opposed to Poser or DAZ|Studio Format).

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,284

Star Trek's Terry Farrel Engaged to Leonard Nimoy's Son Adam Nimoy

http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/874608/star-trek-s-terry-farrell-engaged-to-leonard-nimoy-s-son-adam-nimoy

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,270

Decided to cut the height of the secondary hull so it'll only hold one stack of cargo instead of two, but we still have a shuttle bay. I have no idea how I wand to cap the end off. I don't know if I want to go more Reliant/Excelsior with the back end with sliding doors or the bandshell style of the connie. I toyed with several exterior designs for the secondary hull but rounded brick was really the only thing that would hold any kind of cargo and support the warp nacelles. I don't know why I have like zero issues with the saucers but then completely blank on the secondary hull. If I come up with something that works a bit better I'm sure I'll modify it, otherwise I'm going with it for now. 

The deflector dish and torpedo/probe launcher are obviously placeholders but I wanted something there to make sure I'd given it enough space.  I just realized that the dish looks like a Dalek plunger. O.o  Looking at it now I could probably add more offensive capabilities to the ship and reduce its height by adding a second torpedo launcher and swinging them up along side the deflector.... hrmmmm. 

I like it. I'm a fan of symmetry, so I'd try making the rear end rounded like the front with tambor doors that open sideways instead of veritcally. 

• Looking for TOS era Daz Studio sets.  It seems like there are a bunch of good sets for Poser but almost none for DS.  Anyone know of a good source for DS TOS era sets?

It takes some texture modifications and occasionally dumping the obj to the 3d editor that comes with DAZ and back again to get the doors to work in some sets, but basically anything out there for Poser will work in DAZ. It's the other way aorund that's an issue.

Timbales said:

I like it. I'm a fan of symmetry, so I'd try making the rear end rounded like the front with tambor doors that open sideways instead of veritcally. 

Thanks!  Yeah definitely. I think she's getting a fantail with a landing strip and have a sloped back with the side opening doors.  I haven't quite worked it out but I sketched a few ideas.  

I did get some work done on her this weekend though not as much as I'd have liked. The first set of images is me trying to decide how the torpedo launcher was going to sit on the ship. Someone had suggested that I go with a pair of launchers but I still wanted to see how she looked with the single. Then after that I was checking sizes and realized I had WAY over-sized the torpedo launcher based on actual torpedo size. So in the second image you can see the fixed torpedo launcher size with a torpedo stand in hanging slightly out the front of it.  

After re-thinking my layout of power transfer conduits going to the warp nacelles and then making space which I haven't laid out in the model yet, the launchers will fit in the front portion of the secondary hull and do clear the saucer easily. So I need to carve up my secondary hull a bit to make space to recess the launcher back into it a bit. Then I got tired of looking at the Dalek plunger and re-modeled my deflector dish. It's a combination of the pilot dish from The Cage and the dish 'antennae' from the 33 inch model they had made up while they were working on the big 11ft model. :)  I'm thinking the deflector housing is going to be angled in the back eventually. I'm nowhere done detailing that part of her. This is more the layout stages as of yet. 

If anyone has input on which version of the torp layout they like best or input on where I can stick them I'd be more than happy to absorb it. The scout is still very much a work in progress. Bear in mind though that Torp A and Torp B looke like the ship has googly eyes to me now so I'm probably not going to swing back that way. 

civilian_scout_ship_wip_04_by_ashleytinger-dbkjtum.jpg
    1600 x 1839 - 211K
    civilian_scout_ship_wip_04a_by_ashleytinger-dbkmaed.jpg
    1600 x 1231 - 146K
    civilian_scout_ship_wip_05_by_ashleytinger-dbko167.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 76K
  • So after looking at the bridge dome and turbolift/escape pods for the umpteenth time, the bridge was really REALLY bothering me. My dome on top of my saucer isn't exactly large. The bridge of the week (Enterprise C/Bozeman) won't fit, the battle bridge from the Enterprise D won't fit, the Defiant bridge from DS9 was also too big, so I sketched out a variant of the Defiant that drops two whole stations cause this little ship won't really need them. She's not a combat ship. I don't even know that I need the Captain's chair for the civilian version really. You've got the conn which handles the nav/helm and some ops, an engineering station, and a science station that also doubles as tactical and communications. In a pinch almost everything can be run through the conn by rotating out the controls.

I need to adjust the rear of the bridge to accommodate the turbolifts better and the emergency launch tubes (the turbolift shaft tops and turbolifts double as escape pods) and trim a bit up front and maybe the sides, but this one for all intents and purposes fits. Wow she's a cramped command center. Even the Raven from Voyager has more space. I'm actually thinking I might just forego the main viewscreen and have like a drop down viewer for the Captain or something and make the conn part of the front of the bridge and bring it in a bit more. I'm not completely sold on the bulkhead size either.  

I MAY cheat a bit on this as a physical set since it really DOESN'T actually have to fit in the ship because the bridge is completely enclosed and just build around what I've got here so far and call it good for 'filming' purposes. I'm debating on keeping it all flat and one level like the Defiant bridge or dropping the crew stations down a level or two like was standard on other bridges. I have room going into the next deck especially since the deck right below the bridge is the computer core and life support machinery and not many people will crawl in there.

civilian_scout_ship_wip_06_by_ashleytinger-dbl08wx.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 174K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345

Hey Guys! Looks like I got dumped by the bots again. Everything looks good- lots of projects going on.

Anyone know where I can find a sci-fi car that can hold 4 people? It doesn't have to really fly- just do 'land speeder'- about a foot off the ground.I need the doors or canopy to open. Everything I've tracked down has either been only a two-seater or all sealed up.

So after looking at the bridge dome and turbolift/escape pods for the umpteenth time, the bridge was really REALLY bothering me. My dome on top of my saucer isn't exactly large. The bridge of the week (Enterprise C/Bozeman) won't fit, the battle bridge from the Enterprise D won't fit, the Defiant bridge from DS9 was also too big, so I sketched out a variant of the Defiant that drops two whole stations cause this little ship won't really need them. She's not a combat ship. I don't even know that I need the Captain's chair for the civilian version really. You've got the conn which handles the nav/helm and some ops, an engineering station, and a science station that also doubles as tactical and communications. In a pinch almost everything can be run through the conn by rotating out the controls.

I need to adjust the rear of the bridge to accommodate the turbolifts better and the emergency launch tubes (the turbolift shaft tops and turbolifts double as escape pods) and trim a bit up front and maybe the sides, but this one for all intents and purposes fits. Wow she's a cramped command center. Even the Raven from Voyager has more space. I'm actually thinking I might just forego the main viewscreen and have like a drop down viewer for the Captain or something and make the conn part of the front of the bridge and bring it in a bit more. I'm not completely sold on the bulkhead size either.  

I MAY cheat a bit on this as a physical set since it really DOESN'T actually have to fit in the ship because the bridge is completely enclosed and just build around what I've got here so far and call it good for 'filming' purposes. I'm debating on keeping it all flat and one level like the Defiant bridge or dropping the crew stations down a level or two like was standard on other bridges. I have room going into the next deck especially since the deck right below the bridge is the computer core and life support machinery and not many people will crawl in there.

You could move the captain's chair back a bit, or maybe deviate from the standard configuration and do two work stations in front side by side, with the captain and first officer sitting side by side behind them. A ship that size would probably have a more active 'working' captain, so it may work.

• Timbales said:

So after looking at the bridge dome and turbolift/escape pods for the umpteenth time, the bridge was really REALLY bothering me. My dome on top of my saucer isn't exactly large. The bridge of the week (Enterprise C/Bozeman) won't fit, the battle bridge from the Enterprise D won't fit, the Defiant bridge from DS9 was also too big, so I sketched out a variant of the Defiant that drops two whole stations cause this little ship won't really need them. She's not a combat ship. I don't even know that I need the Captain's chair for the civilian version really. You've got the conn which handles the nav/helm and some ops, an engineering station, and a science station that also doubles as tactical and communications. In a pinch almost everything can be run through the conn by rotating out the controls.

You could move the captain's chair back a bit, or maybe deviate from the standard configuration and do two work stations in front side by side, with the captain and first officer sitting side by side behind them. A ship that size would probably have a more active 'working' captain, so it may work.

That's not a bad idea. I'm going to give it a try. :)

mdbruffy said:

Hey Guys! Looks like I got dumped by the bots again. Everything looks good- lots of projects going on.

Anyone know where I can find a sci-fi car that can hold 4 people? It doesn't have to really fly- just do 'land speeder'- about a foot off the ground.I need the doors or canopy to open. Everything I've tracked down has either been only a two-seater or all sealed up.

I can't think of any off the top of my head but if I come across one I'll send it your way. There's always the anti-grav things that I saw to 'mod' existing cars to be flying ones. 

I can't think of any off the top of my head but if I come across one I'll send it your way. There's always the anti-grav things that I saw to 'mod' existing cars to be flying ones. 

I'd appreciate it. Only need it for a few short scenes.

• There is the Dystopia Car 

There is the Dystopia Car 

I have that one. but I just recently used it- in Book One in fact. I'd like something different if I can find it.

• stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192
    mdbruffy said:

The Futucar seats 4 and it's Extra Pack lets you turn it into a 'flying' car.  I don't know if that's any use?  The only other 4 seater I can think of is the Dystopia ones already mentioned.  

Here are the links to the Futucar nd Extra Pack anyway: 

https://www.daz3d.com/futucar

https://www.daz3d.com/futucar-extra-pack

stuthurso said:
    mdbruffy said:

The Futucar seats 4 and it's Extra Pack lets you turn it into a 'flying' car.  I don't know if that's any use?  The only other 4 seater I can think of is the Dystopia ones already mentioned.  

Here are the links to the Futucar nd Extra Pack anyway: 

https://www.daz3d.com/futucar

https://www.daz3d.com/futucar-extra-pack

Okay. Got them bookmarked. Thanks!

• Timbales said:

Well I gave it a try and I think I like the results. 

civvie scout ship wip 07.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 131K
    Timbales said:

Well I gave it a try and I think I like the results. 

looks good

• mrjadedmrjaded Posts: 5

The list of resources on the first page lists Iray settings for above bridge by TimG for the 23rd Century Bridge. I have the bridge model and would love the Iray settings but the link is dead and TimG's account seems to have disappeared. Does anyone know if it's available elsewhere? I've googled hard and come up empty handed...

This show is wrong on so many levels, if it sees a second season I'll be very surprised.

• I REALLY hope Discovery dies, fast. It's not Star Trek. Period. But whatever. Most of the things I've grown up on have become the antithisis of what made me a fan anymore that I just dropped them altogether. I stick with what I became a fan of. screw these "reimaginings". Anyhow... Since I haven't posted to this forum before... Couple pics from my planned TOS era fancomic, Flight Of The Condor.

inspection in drydock.jpg
    2369 x 1152 - 2M
    new trek poster.jpg
    1440 x 2560 - 2M

I REALLY hope Discovery dies, fast. It's not Star Trek. Period. But whatever. Most of the things I've grown up on have become the antithisis of what made me a fan anymore that I just dropped them altogether. I stick with what I became a fan of. screw these "reimaginings". Anyhow... Since I haven't posted to this forum before... Couple pics from my planned TOS era fancomic, Flight Of The Condor.

I think I've seen your posts over at DA. Good work.

•  

mdbruffy said:

I REALLY hope Discovery dies, fast. It's not Star Trek. Period. But whatever. Most of the things I've grown up on have become the antithisis of what made me a fan anymore that I just dropped them altogether. I stick with what I became a fan of. screw these "reimaginings". Anyhow... Since I haven't posted to this forum before... Couple pics from my planned TOS era fancomic, Flight Of The Condor.

I think I've seen your posts over at DA. Good work.

Yes, you have! It is I, Thereal9thdoctor! Nice to talk to ya, old friend! :) And thanks!

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

It's nice seeing my old Uniform textures being put to good use.

This discussion has been closed.