Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

That's great John.  Happy for you!

I'm hopeful that Phil or Dart or Wendy or other experienced Carrara animator chimes in here with an opinion about its usefulness for animation (my ultimate goal).

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Mimic is useful for a quick and dirty speech animation and generally it doesn't look too bad. But it depends on what you are doing it for - I wouldn't use it on a commercial project for example, I think you will always get a better result from hand animating it. It will take longer of course, but maybe not as long as you would think. I go into my methods for doing lip sync in my Animation in Carrara training and once you get used to it, it doesn't take that long. Also, the lip part is only a part of the whole story. if you want to do it well you will want to animate gestures, expressions, etc as well, and that can't be automated, so the lip part ends up only being a small (-ish!) overhead on the overall animation.

PhilW said:

I go into my methods for doing lip sync in my Animation in Carrara training and once you get used to it, it doesn't take that long.

Thank you Phil.  I haven't started your animation course yet, so this was good to know.  I'm thinking that I might just pass on this for now.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

Echoing several others, if you still use V4, M4, and similar older content, the summer sale is very good if you buy a new release.  Just got some stuff for $0.50 each.  And most of it I will be converting for use with G2.

Definitely some good bargains on older stuff to be had! Actually, some not so old stuff too...

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

https://www.daz3d.com/traditional-milking-props is this week's freebie if you're PC+

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited June 2017

surprise  Krampus Original Figure  11.98 in cart!

i worked long hours for the iso audit, i deserve a treat smiley

could prolly fit 1 more thing in cart, 
    fresh pa coupie!

could use more carrara luxus shaders, skin shaders, tomato shader laugh

Post edited by Mistara on

A couple of new freebies today.

https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

• dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270

There are a couple of new pose sets for Aiko 6 in the freebies, also Flowering Dragon Asian Outfit Textures for Genesis

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Earlier today I found 2 PC+ weekly freebies. Rush and grab them else ye forget. :)

Fresh batch of Fast Grab today... nothing I looked at is Carrara only but there are a few that are Poser.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017

There are a few new free files in freebies for DAZ content.

PC+ freebie available... RW Pachisi Game

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Carrara product 70% off - I have it, can be a nice item in an animation.

https://www.daz3d.com/wonderous-wares

With the launch of a new product of mine (sorry, not Carrara this time - https://www.daz3d.com/hair-lustre-shaders-for-iray), all of my back catalogue is available for between 40% and 75% off depending on what else you have in your shopping basket.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

Great idea for a Studio product, PhilW.  An especially good way for people to get more mileage from older hair models that were released B.I. (before Iray).  Hope it does well for you.  Am checking out your back catalog.

Diomede said:

Great idea for a Studio product, PhilW.  An especially good way for people to get more mileage from older hair models that were released B.I. (before Iray).  Hope it does well for you.  Am checking out your back catalog.

Thanks - seems to be going well so far!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801
    SileneUK said:

If you are into aircraft... there's masses of it on sale in the Vanishing Point promo, along with other items for $5.  Also, I didn't know DS sold 3ds stuff?  surprise Silene

https://www.daz3d.com/05-13-vanishingpoint-mega-sale

Now Vanishing Point has vanished all together!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

My Jackson's Field and Hemlock Folly are 50% off smiley

I just picked up Lee 6 Bundle for G2M for FREE, not Carrara specific but should all work fine in Carrara, and as it is such a bargain, thought I'd pass it on! A few other new freebies as well but that one was the stand out!

Excellent, thanks for posting.  Several other items as well.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

thanks PhilW

edited July 2017

Thanks Phil,  I have Lee only so grabbed it and 3 others.  2 more listed for me but were diff textures for outfits I don't have.

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Thank you, Phil. Now I enhanced my Lee set.

• dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270
    edited July 2017

Not sure why I didn't get the alert in email, saw the Lee set and came here to mention it.  Anyway great set, and several other freebies worth grabbing  There are few good ones in the fast grab as well.  I picked up a couple of V4 items and G2 poses.  Both work well with Carrrara.

Post edited by dbdigital2 on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Yes, I seem to have stopped getting email alerts and I did not change anything in my profile.... hmmmm angry Silene

In addition to Daz, I get email alerts from here:

http://www.civilizationhunt.com/ds/

It can get repetitive, but it also ensures that you don't miss any bargains!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Oh how interesting, Phil.  I had been reading Beno's graphic novel for his management of DS content in it... didn't know he these tools.  Cheers,  yes Silene