Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.20.0.17! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• Turns out I *could* go and tweak it but it would mean uninstalling my Eset antivirus, apparently. No way Jose... I'm not leaving my PC's security to M$ alone. I don't mean to be difficult there, of course, but having to do such things *just* so a program can display the saved layout? That's way too overkill, especially with a program which, until now, did that very well without hassle. Can this be fixed without going axe man?

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Someone else is experiencing scenes "unload" when using the Undo function?

I just tried one big scene in 4.20 and made a couple of changes on a camera. Then since I wasn't satisfied by the result, I hit a couple of times the Undo button, DAZ Studio froze for a second or two and suddenly my scene was totally empty, the only hint there was something is the name of the scene in the upper left part of the window.

• second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 said:

Turns out I *could* go and tweak it but it would mean uninstalling my Eset antivirus, apparently. No way Jose... I'm not leaving my PC's security to M$ alone. I don't mean to be difficult there, of course, but having to do such things *just* so a program can display the saved layout? That's way too overkill, especially with a program which, until now, did that very well without hassle. Can this be fixed without going axe man?

You could try adding the %AppData%/DAZ 3D/Studio4 Public Build path to be excluded

https://help.eset.com/eis/15/en-US/idh_performance_exclusion.html?idh_exclude.html

• Imago said:

I just tried one big scene in 4.20 and made a couple of changes on a camera. Then since I wasn't satisfied by the result, I hit a couple of times the Undo button, DAZ Studio froze for a second or two and suddenly my scene was totally empty, the only hint there was something is the name of the scene in the upper left part of the window.

Yes, it can unload a scene.

• DamselDamsel Posts: 374

Why is all this a shock to Daz? I thought the whole point of Betas was to find this kind of bug? Or did we just not GAF when the beta testers complained?

• DoctorJellybean said:

Imago said:

Yes, it can unload a scene.

Are you sure it was a camera you adjusted, not the Perspective View (which doesn't get added to the undo stack)?

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 said:

K is not even external, it's a fixed drive that I always used for this. I just tried to uninstall it all, reinstall DS beta and the PostGRSQL through DIM. I then picked City Limits Lite, applied it, left. When I loaded DS again, the toolbar was gone again. I tried it with simply loading City Limit Lite and leaving the bar as normal, same deal, the bar is gone.

I also took a look at the anti-ransomware bit and I'm told the page is unavailable because my IT won't allow it. Must DIM be launched as admin or something?

If you are inside a domain, then your computer might be crippled, IT department is known for rendering computers useless.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you sure it was a camera you adjusted, not the Perspective View (which doesn't get added to the undo stack)?

Absolutely sure the Scene tab is completely empty and there's nothing in the viewport.

• edited March 2022

I guess I'll have to wait if I ever want to use DS again in a normal manner. The way it's broken right now, there shouldn't even be a non-beta release available. Time to do some tidying up in my products, looks like I'll have some time for it...

Post edited by second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,471

Imago said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Absolutely sure the Scene tab is completely empty and there's nothing in the viewport.

That is not what Richard was asking.

If you were using the perspective view (instead of 'real' camera), every click of Undo you made, was affecting the scene instead of the camera. 

• AdenLKAdenLK Posts: 14

@outrider42 I canceled my DAZ+ subscription precisely because of all this. Now I'll try to do everything possible with Blender and not be dependent on DAZ3D anymore. Not being able to install older versions is unacceptable to me.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 742
    edited March 2022

Turns out I *could* go and tweak it but it would mean uninstalling my Eset antivirus, apparently. No way Jose... I'm not leaving my PC's security to M$ alone. I don't mean to be difficult there, of course, but having to do such things *just* so a program can display the saved layout? That's way too overkill, especially with a program which, until now, did that very well without hassle. Can this be fixed without going axe man?

By default in both W10 and W11 ransomware protection is off, so normally people know they have it on because they did it themselves (as I did).  It prevents programs without authorization accessing critical directories and is pretty clear about it - it pops up a notification window and the "settings" page (in windows defender, aka "security" in W11) has an option to "allow an app through Controlled folder access", as well as list everything that got blocked.

Windows Defender (Windows Security) is Microsoft's antivirus program, so if you are running a 3rd party app you are probably not running Defender (unless it's just a bunch of settings for Defender, which I guess is possible.)

With windows pro (maybe home these days, I don't know) windows machines can be configured with options that can't be changed on the machine.  This is done on private (corportate, industrial, military) networks to stop individual users messing with security settings.  It sounds like your antivirus is setting such a security policy.

Given that you have a third party antivirus (I don't, and never will) you probably need to turn it off when installing software, but I don't know the state of these things; I haven't even tried one for about 20 years now.

You can back up the "Studio4 Public Build" directory from %AppData%\Roaming\DAZ 3D and delete it (well, this used to work) then when DAZ starts it recreates it from the General release directory %AppData%\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4  The location of these directories cannot be changed from DAZ itself, regedit might be able to change it but even thinking "regedit" is normally bad juju.  I wouldn't expect actionmgr.dsx to be created in a different place, but take a look at the current contents of the files that are there and see if there are paths pointing to L:

Also, on a running DAZ Studio trawl through Edit/Preferences (or hit F2, normally) and check every pane for bad or odd paths.

Post edited by jbowler on
  • jbowler said:

By default in both W10 and W11 ransomware protection is off, so normally people know they have it on because they did it themselves (as I did).  It prevents programs without authorization accessing critical directories and is pretty clear about it - it pops up a notification window and the "settings" page (in windows defender, aka "security" in W11) has an option to "allow an app through Controlled folder access", as well as list everything that got blocked.

Windows Defender (Windows Security) is Microsoft's antivirus program, so if you are running a 3rd party app you are probably not running Defender (unless it's just a bunch of settings for Defender, which I guess is possible.)

With windows pro (maybe home these days, I don't know) windows machines can be configured with options that can't be changed on the machine.  This is done on private (corportate, industrial, military) networks to stop individual users messing with security settings.  It sounds like your antivirus is setting such a security policy.

Given that you have a third party antivirus (I don't, and never will) you probably need to turn it off when installing software, but I don't know the state of these things; I haven't even tried one for about 20 years now.

You can back up the "Studio4 Public Build" directory from %AppData%\Roaming\DAZ 3D and delete it (well, this used to work) then when DAZ starts it recreates it from the General release directory %AppData%\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4  The location of these directories cannot be changed from DAZ itself, regedit might be able to change it but even thinking "regedit" is normally bad juju.  I wouldn't expect actionmgr.dsx to be created in a different place, but take a look at the current contents of the files that are there and see if there are paths pointing to L:

No, if there is no existing folder (or at least, no exsiting settings files) DS will create new ones with defautl values. Copying from another release channel requires explicit steps.

actionmgr.dsx (and dazstudio.mnu) are older files not currently used.

Also, on a running DAZ Studio trawl through Edit/Preferences (or hit F2, normally) and check every pane for bad or odd paths.

• MadHammerMadHammer Posts: 34
    edited March 2022

Others have mentioned that their toolbars are not working in the BETA, and I think one of the reasons is that the beta is looking here for toolbars;

2022-03-02 08:37:13.975 [ERROR] :: Open File Failed - The file could not be opened: C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4 Public Build/toolbars.dsx

1. Of course that file doesn't exist so you can go to Window >> Workspace  >> Customize (or hit the F3 function key)
    2. Click on the Tool Bars tab and it will appear empty
    3. Click on the Defaults button at the bottom left and select Yes and the Tool Bars reappear.
    4. Click Apply and it should save those defaults, then click Accept.
    5. The screen flickers and the toolbars should be saved, but they are not

You  can use the Tool Bars as long as you don't exit DAZ 4.20.0.3 You can try to force the save with Window >> Workspace  >> Save Layout As...  (F4). It doesn't matter what you do at this point. The Log will show the following

2022-03-02 08:40:13.391 [INFO] :: Saving custom actions...
    2022-03-02 08:40:46.707 [INFO] :: Saving custom actions...
    2022-03-02 08:41:25.152 [INFO] :: Saving custom actions...
    2022-03-02 08:42:51.184 [INFO] :: Saving session layout...

Exit DAZ, wait the stupidly long time DAZ writes to the log file and finally shuts down it's process. Restart DAZ Beta and guess what file it can't find (reread this message from the beginning). There is no way this should be considered 'FIXED', regardless what DAZ devs say. Honestly my previous statement stands, the QA process DAZ devs use needs a process overhaul (I am not saying they don't test). This behavior should have been found if there was any regression testing!

In case anyone wants to question the installation, this is a brand new install of the BETA, all vestiges of the previous beta install was dumped, not a single directory was saved. then back to DIM, download the Public Beta and let it install. All the while, 4.20.0.2 is installed and working (except for the Iray issues mentioned in other threads), so according to what I have read, in this thread and others, the setting I have should have been copied to the Studio4PublicBeta install, but of course it isn't.

Just in case you don't understand how annoying this is, reread this message again from the beginning and do it every time you start DAZ 4.0.20.3 Public Beta.

Sorry (not sorry) for the tone of this message but there are some people here who can actually do more than just run DAZ and can actually troubleshoot most issues. If it wasn't for the fact that my version of 4.20.0.2 doesn't render some assets in any color but black, I would be done with the cluster that is 4.20.0.3

Post edited by MadHammer on
    edited March 2022

The errors that list the symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found are likely build errors during the compilation process of Iray .DLL files. According to the NVIDIA Iray SDK documentation that function is required to implement any plugins in IRAY.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909
    edited March 2022

MadHammer said:

The errors that list the symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found are likely build errors during the compilation process of Iray .DLL files. According to the NVIDIA Iray SDK documentation that function is required to implement any plugins in IRAY.

That is most likely because the path can't be found or doesn't exist. There is this entry in the log which a user posted a few days back:

[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(488): Could not add path: "K:/TEMP DAZ/shaders/iray". Due to unknown error -2

According to Iray SDK docs error code indicates "-2: Invalid path".

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • MadHammer said:

Others have mentioned that their toolbars are not working in the BETA, and I think one of the reasons is that the beta is looking here for toolbars;

2022-03-02 08:37:13.975 [ERROR] :: Open File Failed - The file could not be opened: C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4 Public Build/toolbars.dsx

1. Of course that file doesn't exist so you can go to Window >> Workspace  >> Customize (or hit the F3 function key)
    3. Click on the Defaults button at the bottom left and select Yes and the Tool Bars reappear.

You  can use the Tool Bars as long as you don't exit DAZ 4.20.0.3 You can try to force the save with Window >> Workspace  >> Save Layout As...  (F4). It doesn't matter what you do at this point. The Log will show the following

Exit DAZ, wait the stupidly long time DAZ writes to the log file and finally shuts down it's process. Restart DAZ Beta and guess what file it can't find (reread this message from the beginning). There is no way this should be considered 'FIXED', regardless what DAZ devs say. Honestly my previous statement stands, the QA process DAZ devs use needs a process overhaul (I am not saying they don't test). This behavior should have been found if there was any regression testing!

In case anyone wants to question the installation, this is a brand new install of the BETA, all vestiges of the previous beta install was dumped, not a single directory was saved. then back to DIM, download the Public Beta and let it install. All the while, 4.20.0.2 is installed and working (except for the Iray issues mentioned in other threads), so according to what I have read, in this thread and others, the setting I have should have been copied to the Studio4PublicBeta install, but of course it isn't.

Just in case you don't understand how annoying this is, reread this message again from the beginning and do it every time you start DAZ 4.0.20.3 Public Beta.

Sorry (not sorry) for the tone of this message but there are some people here who can actually do more than just run DAZ and can actually troubleshoot most issues. If it wasn't for the fact that my version of 4.20.0.2 doesn't render some assets in any color but black, I would be done with the cluster that is 4.20.0.3

toolbars.dsx exists for me where it is expected.

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

MadHammer said:

I have two computers, one with Windows 10 and the other one with Windows 11, both have "DAZ Studio 4.20 Pro Public Build", and in both computers DAZ Studio runs flawlessly.

I'd blame antivirus/antimalware software for deleting files, I know for experience, I couldn't use Photoshop for a month because of the AV software.

DoctorJellybean said:

That is most likely because the path can't be found or doesn't exist. There is this entry in the log which a user posted a few days back:

[WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(488): Could not add path: "K:/TEMP DAZ/shaders/iray". Due to unknown error -2

Not really; DAZ Studio deletes the ${DAZ Studio Temporary Directory}/shaders directory when it starts.  As was observed this is relatively new behavior; it used to be possible to prevent the warning message by creating the required directories but it certainly hasn't been since 4.16 as a result of DAZ Studio deleting it every time.

Anyway it's just an annoyance; nothing to do with the toolbars/configuration files bug.

edited March 2022

DoctorJellybean said:

MadHammer said:

According to Iray SDK docs error code indicates "-2: Invalid path".

My log file has no such reference, it actually loads many of the iray libraries successfully, a default install would place the Beta in the following directory: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\

Those shader files are by default in this directory: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\

Here is an extract of the log entrties on my system installed in the default location:

2022-03-02 08:02:52.002 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug info : Loaded library "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\aix.dll".
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.057 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug info : Loaded library "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\avcodec-58.dll".
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.057 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug error: Library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\avcodec-58.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.081 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug info : Loaded library "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\avfilter-7.dll".
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.081 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug error: Library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\avfilter-7.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.105 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug info : Loaded library "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\avformat-58.dll".
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.105 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug error: Library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\avformat-58.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.106 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug info : Loaded library "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\avutil-56.dll".
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.106 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug error: Library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\avutil-56.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.366 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug info : Loaded library "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\axf_importer.dll".
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.367 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug info : Loaded library "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\AxFDecoding.1.8.1.dll".
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.367 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(367): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug error: Library C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\AxFDecoding.1.8.1.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.391 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug info : Loaded library "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\blend_render.dll".
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.412 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug info : Loaded library "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\cb_importer.dll".
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.434 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug info : Loaded library "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\ct.dll".
    2022-03-02 08:02:52.548 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:PLUGIN ::   0.0   PLUG   plug info : Loaded library "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\libs\iray\dds.dll".

As you can see, the DLL files are in the proper location and load, but when dzneuraymgr makes it's call to those files using the function "mi_plugin_factory" that is when it fails.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited March 2022

jbowler said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Not really; DAZ Studio deletes the ${DAZ Studio Temporary Directory}/shaders directory when it starts.  As was observed this is relatively new behavior; it used to be possible to prevent the warning message by creating the required directories but it certainly hasn't been since 4.16 as a result of DAZ Studio deleting it every time.

Anyway it's just an annoyance; nothing to do with the toolbars/configuration files bug.

@jbowler

Are you sure this is new behavior, I don't recall 100% but I sure thought I saw the same or similar error in versions prior ro 4.20, but I could be wrong. And your right, this error has nothing to do with the toolbar issue.

@DoctorJellyBean

Just for giggles, what happens if you rename toolbars.dsx so DAZ Beta can't find it, can you recreate it within DAZ Beta itself? Because I can't. and I don't even have that file in my 4.20.0.2 directory so I can't just copy it from there. The toolbars work in 4.20.0.2.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,471

MadHammer said:

jbowler said:

DoctorJellybean said:

@jbowler

Are you sure this is new behavior, I don't recall 100% but I sure thought I saw the same or similar error in versions prior ro 4.20, but I could be wrong. And your right, this error has nothing to do with the toolbar issue.

The log having a warning about the two folders for Iray shaders has been there at least from 4.15.0.2

Couldn't find any older logs

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909
    edited March 2022

MadHammer said:

Just for giggles, what happens if you rename toolbars.dsx so DAZ Beta can't find it, can you recreate it within DAZ Beta itself? Because I can't. and I don't even have that file in my 4.20.0.2 directory so I can't just copy it from there. The toolbars work in 4.20.0.2.

I deleted toolbars.dsx, restarted DS and selected my Saved Layout. DS recreated toolbars.dsx.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
    edited March 2022

DoctorJellybean said:

MadHammer said:

I deleted toolbars.dsx, restarted DS and selected my Saved Layout. DS recreated toolbars.dsx.

Can you outline your steps, because your experience is very different than mine. Also was your install of 4.20.0.3 over the top of a previous Public Beta or was it a first time install of a Public Beta? That is the only thing I can see that might be different about our setups. 

DoctorJellybean said:

MadHammer said:

I tried renaming the whole DAZ Studio4 directory so that it is recreated from scratch using the General release.  DAZ fails to create any of the .dsx files.  So, yes, it's not possible for anyone to copy it once it is gone.  It does look as though the General release will write the files if they exist - at least using an old directory I see the file date stamps updated.  The full list of files which seem to be causing the problem is (these are the default locations):

2022-03-02 08:53:54.732 [ERROR] :: Open File Failed - The file could not be opened: C:/Users/jbowl/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/actions.dsx
    2022-03-02 08:53:54.733 [ERROR] :: Open File Failed - The file could not be opened: C:/Users/jbowl/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/customactions.dsx
    2022-03-02 08:53:54.733 [ERROR] :: Open File Failed - The file could not be opened: C:/Users/jbowl/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/menus.dsx
    2022-03-02 08:53:54.733 [ERROR] :: Open File Failed - The file could not be opened: C:/Users/jbowl/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/actionmgr.dsx
    2022-03-02 08:53:54.733 [ERROR] :: Open File Failed - The file could not be opened: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/actionmgr.dsx
    2022-03-02 08:53:54.733 [ERROR] :: Open File Failed - The file could not be opened: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/dazstudio.mnu
    2022-03-02 08:53:54.748 [ERROR] :: Open File Failed - The file could not be opened: C:/Users/jbowl/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/toolbars.dsx

Replace C:/Users/jbowler/AppData by %AppData%.  Perhaps if one of those got deleted due to problems with 4.20.0.2 4.20.0.3 will not be able to create it?  (I can't test that yet; 4.20.0.3 works for me so I'm doing an 11 hour render ;-)

PerttiA said:

The log having a warning about the two folders for Iray shaders has been there at least from 4.15.0.2

Couldn't find any older logs

I'm pretty sure I saw the warning before that, maybe even 4.12, but back then creating the directory "fixed" it.  At some point DAZ Studio started deleting the directory and that point was after I worked out a fix, however that was certainly before 4.16; I can believe it started happening in 4.15.  

MadHammer said:

As you can see, the DLL files are in the proper location and load, but when dzneuraymgr makes it's call to those files using the function "mi_plugin_factory" that is when it fails.

I have a working 4.20.0.3 and Iray certainly works (in fact it seems to work quite a lot better than before - the texture compression perhaps?)  My log contains the mi_plugin_factory messages too.  For reference here is a partial startup log of a my working 4.20.0.3.  The only thing I haven't really tested is modifying the toolbars to see if things get written, but my pre-4.20 layout is still all there.

txt
    txt
    log.txt

@jbowler So if it is fresh (Beta brand new) and not over an existing installation the Tool Bars are broken, just trying to confirm, I might just backup 4.20.0.2 and restore my backup of 4.16 and see if just installing the 4.20.0.3 beta will copy over the layouts/toolbars. 

I have the files you listed as I copied them from the Studio4 directory to the Studio4PublicBeta directory, so I get no error messages, but it seems to ignore the contents with respect to toolbars.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I submitted a help request in 2018 about the "could not add path" warning on version 4.10.0.123, so this is not new:

"2018-05-30 06:29:32.195 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(403): Could not add path: "C:/Users/Barb/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/iray". Due to unkown error -2
    2018-05-30 06:29:32.195 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(403): Could not add path: "C:/Users/Barb/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/shaders/iray". Due to unkown error -2"
    (I do not have a shaders folder or temp/shaders folder at the referenced location. Is something wrong with my Daz Studio installation?)

After much back and forth with customer service telling me to do various things which did not help at all, I got this final response:

We then spoke to our Dev Team about these specific errors:
    At this time, these Warnings are expected and you don't have to be concerned about them. If you start seeing any issues arise in the application, please let us know.

barbult said:

I submitted a help request in 2018 about the "could not add path" warning on version 4.10.0.123, so this is not new:

"2018-05-30 06:29:32.195 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(403): Could not add path: "C:/Users/Barb/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/iray". Due to unkown error -2
    2018-05-30 06:29:32.195 WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(403): Could not add path: "C:/Users/Barb/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/shaders/iray". Due to unkown error -2"
    (I do not have a shaders folder or temp/shaders folder at the referenced location. Is something wrong with my Daz Studio installation?)

No because the %AppData%/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4 directory is not created by the installation; it's created when DAZ Studio runs (and it persists from then on).  The first message can be removed by creating the directories manually, but the temp/shaders directory is destroyed when DAZ Studio starts so these days the second warning always appears.  Maybe I'm remembering even further back - there might have been a time when the temp directory wasn't added to the path passed to dzneuraymgr at all.