NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 6

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,869

That looks like a fun setup! Have to say the ToonyCam does put in quite a bit of details but leaves out some where it should be the focus. It's hard to find a really good sketch tool. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,828
    edited November 2015
    Novica said:

That looks like a fun setup! Have to say the ToonyCam does put in quite a bit of details but leaves out some where it should be the focus. It's hard to find a really good sketch tool. 

I agree. I added a color ToonyCam render to the previous post just for comparison. Better detail on floor and left wall. Looking at the surfaces, not sure why the fireplace renders so much more outline than the wall.

Post edited by RGcincy on
    edited November 2015

Well, I thought that Shape Shift product was very low priced when I bought it this morning. Thanks Zev0 for honoring the price, it's a big mistake and he is letting it remain as is. A very stand-up vendor and we appreciate you. (It only applies to those who had purchased the Gen 3F bundle.) 

Going through the ladies still, and doing test renders in the viewport/some renders, and one character in Iray that I liked was Aria. Watch out for Ariadne's light blue eyes, they go rather electric gray (a bit too light and eerie) but keep in mind,  this is all without the Iray Gen 2 materials for Iray added. Again, I am applying the same lightset, not changing these to the optimum look, I want to see HOW they look so I can compare which characters' skins may be most compatible in scenes. Lots of variety with reds, blues, chalky grays. Not encountering too many of the yellow materials yet. 

Aria

Ariadne

catalogAria.jpg
    475 x 520 - 185K
    catalogAriadneSmile.jpg
    475 x 520 - 182K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2015

I've rendered Aneta on V6 with Astrid materials, and am doing Astrid on G2F with Aneta materials currently. (Still doing Iray lights, but default skins, only trying to get a general feel.) Will show you the second one tomorrow. The gals are interesting!  So, who have you combined for morphs and materials that you really like? I'm going to play with Adrianna, Aria, Astrid, Aneta for the "A" G2Fs. 

V6>Aneta morphs>Astrid materials.

anitaOnV6AstridMaterials.jpg
    704 x 900 - 463K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2015

And this is Genesis 2 Female>Astrid morphs>Aneta materials. (without Iray materials applied.)  One thing about Aneta that a few of us have noticed, is the lack of shine in the eyes. There's no sparkle, looks very flat. You'll have to switch eyes or do postwork to get more of a moist/reflective eye.

I like Astrid's teeth- not your typical square ones.

AstridOnG2FAnetaMats.jpg
    625 x 800 - 360K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2015

I was fairly sure I read this correctly, and decided to test it. My hesitancy was that it said the BODY shape was used- nothing about the face, and V6 is a required product, so I entered the never ending spiral of overthinking it. Even though the vendor was quite specific, there's no helping some of us who are determined to create work for ourselves. So I tested her on Gen2F and V6, and DON'T use her on V6 as the ears crinkle and the nose slope crushes down, among other things. Thought I'd give you a chuckle at my DUH and show you my test. BTW, I can claim my illness as a liability in my thought process, yes, went to the doctor and it's severe bronchitis, had to get steroid and antibiotic shots, meds, nasal prescription medicine, they only forgot the spy under the kitchen sink...but overnight, wow, feeling SO much better today! 

"She includes a custom sculpted head morph that requires only Genesis 2 Female base to use. (WHICH IS WHAT YOU SHOULD ONLY USE.)  The body shape is created using Victoria 6 body shape and Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs.

*Note - Textures are built off the Genesis 2 Female Base UV and will work with any Genesis 2 Female Figure*"

Bryonia on Victoria 6, obviously not correct.

Bryonia on Genesis 2 Female, there's our gal!

catalogBryoniaV6pt2.jpg
    625 x 800 - 361K
    catalogBryoniaGen2Fpt2.jpg
    625 x 800 - 356K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2015

Need someone to verify a problem- I can not get the Charisma HD Face Morphs for Monique 6 to work. It's only in Products and even after uninstalling, reinstalling, re-importing metadata, etc- NOTHING gets that product to load when I click on it in Products. Anyone able to load it, and did you find it anywhere other than Products? (Only in Content Library, don't care about Smart Content. This needs to be working in C.L) 

EDIT:  There were two other characters I was having zero results with and a few minutes ago, did an uninstall, reinstall (and didn't even have to reimport metadata) and they both showed up. I'm going to try shutting down the studio again and see if uninstall/reinstall works, but the other two did and so far, no go again on the Charisma.

EDIT:

NOPE. Product is not installing.  With studio shut down, uninstalled, reinstalled, no go. Reimported metadata, no go. The product appears in Product but nothing happens when clicked. The other four characters loaded correctly first try, I've done this one SIX times. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550
    Novica said:

Need someone to verify a problem- I can not get the Charisma HD Face Morphs for Monique 6 to work. It's only in Products and even after uninstalling, reinstalling, re-importing metadata, etc- NOTHING gets that product to load when I click on it in Products. Anyone able to load it, and did you find it anywhere other than Products? (Only in Content Library, don't care about Smart Content. This needs to be working in C.L) 

I don't have the product, but morphs generally only show up in the Parameters and/or Shaping tabs. Does the store page or readme say "no user facing files"? If so, you won't have any presets to click on in the Product listing. You'll have to dial the morphs in. DIM can tell you what files were installed.

edited November 2015
    Novica said:

I don't have the product, but morphs generally only show up in the Parameters and/or Shaping tabs. Does the store page or readme say "no user facing files"? If so, you won't have any presets to click on in the Product listing. You'll have to dial the morphs in. DIM can tell you what files were installed.

I checked the ReadMe first, and it only lists the files (Genesis 2 Females>Morphs)  However, it shows up in Products so if it does, then it should be clickable. (Nothing happens, it's only the name of the product that's there.)  I may be wrong, but anything in the Content Library is listed as a product isn't it? In three years, I don't recall having to track down morph products outside the sections, I have SOMETHING to click on-  there won't be anything in Parameters if I haven't been able to even click on the product. I can't get anything to come up. (Thanks for the help btw)

EDIT: And I checked and yes, I have Monique 6 installed, so that's not the problem.

Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,550
    Novica said:
    Novica said:

I checked the ReadMe first, and it only lists the files (Genesis 2 Females>Morphs)  However, it shows up in Products so if it does, then it should be clickable. (Nothing happens, it's only the name of the product that's there.)  I may be wrong, but anything in the Content Library is listed as a product isn't it? In three years, I don't recall having to track down morph products outside the sections, I have SOMETHING to click on-  there won't be anything in Parameters if I haven't been able to even click on the product. I can't get anything to come up. (Thanks for the help btw)

EDIT: And I checked and yes, I have Monique 6 installed, so that's not the problem.

I expect it is just like Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs or Genesis 3 Male Body Morphs, etc. The Product section of the Content Library has an entry for them, because DIM installed the product, but there are no user facing files, so nothing appears there. That is not an error. You must locate the morphs in the Parameters tab and dial in the morphs.

edited November 2015

Fast Grab has some goodies, don't know when it changed but check it out and be sure you've seen this group. I think it was different this afternoon.

If you need a dingy room, Interrogation Room is there for $4.49, Wagner has SEVEN head morphs! Only $4.19. Dead Nation Boots has nice material zones- and a lot of them. Check the thumbnails! You want flat boots, without heels, there ya go! Only $3.89

Site changes over in an hour, so check these out, don't know if they'll go off or not.

Post edited by Novica on

Oooh, love FirstBastion's gaming product. The dudes look exactly like my sons when they play- total concentration, almost in a zombie state! 

edited November 2015
    barbult said:
    Novica said:
    Novica said:

I expect it is just like Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs or Genesis 3 Male Body Morphs, etc. The Product section of the Content Library has an entry for them, because DIM installed the product, but there are no user facing files, so nothing appears there. That is not an error. You must locate the morphs in the Parameters tab and dial in the morphs.

Gotcha. I found them in Parameters>Actor, waaaaay down the morph lists :)  and found them Genesis 2>Shapes. I don't know how I didn't see that, I was looking for the word "morphs" I think since that's what the file name said in the Readme. Trying to do this on meds makes it...interesting. That's my excuse... Thanks!!!

Post edited by Novica on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,055

If those morphs have "Charisma" in the name, you could use the Shaping search bar to bring them up. 

• Novica said:

Oooh, love FirstBastion's gaming product. The dudes look exactly like my sons when they play- total concentration, almost in a zombie state! 

I had my kids and nephews as research resources for this one..... !  it didn't matter if they're sitting on the couch or floor or chair or coffee table,  the fixed locked in eyes were a constant.  

edited November 2015

Fab Faces for Genesis 2 Females- is anyone seeing that in Characters with 3DCelebrity? That's where the ReadMe says it is. It isn't in mine. Uninstalled, reinstalled, via DIM, there's no 3DCelebrity in Characters list. I have 3DUniverse, but that's all for the 3D's.  It IS loaded because...

In Smart Content- with the G2 figure selected, I can type in Fab Faces, go to Shaping, and they are there. So anyone seeing it in the Content Library Characters list under 3DCelebrity? (If so, strange my studio will have it Smart Content but not where the ReadMe says it is located.)

EDIT: According to the ReadMe
    You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:

“People:Genesis 2 Female:Characters:3DCelebrity:Fab Faces”

NOPE.  It is Genesis 2 Female>SHAPES>3DCelebrity>Fab Faces.  

Post edited by Novica on

I bought the Batch Render product and I'll have to test it further to see if what happened will do so again- my computer froze to where I couldn't use it for anything else during rendering, and once the last image rendered, froze too. I had to CTRL ALT DELETE to get my task manager to activate, then before using it, it unfroze the Studio so I could "Save" the last render, it came up that it had already been saved, but I had to click it to get everything else to unfreeze. My computer had A LOT of tabs open in Google before I started the batch, so it's more than fair to say my computer was probably overloaded. I have a decent computer but it needs more testing to see what impact that had on the program locking up my computer.

I would recommend having the monitor option checked, so you can see which ones are rendering, because I would have wondered where it was in the process and what was going on, if I hadn't had that. For you non-technical folks, this product is VERY easy to set up, the ReadMe has a pdf link, but basically here's what you do:

Do your scene that you want to render. Save it and remember what folder you have it in. I made one called BatchToDo and put all the ones in there that I want to have rendered. The script runs in Studio (or you can do it elsewhere) in Daz Studio formats and found in Scripts>Utilities. You simply choose the format (png, etc) and where you want the files saved to, and use ADD to select the ones you want to que up. You select whether you want to determine the setting or use the settings you used for the scene. Very easy to use!

So I'll do some more thumbnails and test what it does to my computer without a lot of tabs open. Like what it does though- it's really nice to have scenes render right after each other. 

Okay, so it went very smoothly with the overload of open tabs removed. Rendered quite nicely, computer didn't freeze up, very pleased. If you want to do renders one after another and que them up, you'll love the Batch Render product!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Can someone render M7 with his default skin in 3delight please? I'm curious whether his 3delight skin looks good, unlike most of the Gen3F figures. 

jakiblue said:

Can someone render M7 with his default skin in 3delight please? I'm curious whether his 3delight skin looks good, unlike most of the Gen3F figures. 

I tried one with Angkor Wat temple daytime, but didn't like it. I'm trying a Lantios one for you. Been awhile since I did 3DL so am using a lighting product instead of starting from scratch. I had to change it over from Deep Shadow Maps to raytracing, am testing it now. 

Thanks Novica, appreciate it laugh I know he looks fabulous in iray, but I'm mainly sticking with 3delight right now, and i wanted to see if he was as muddy and orange as the other Gen3 bases.  

Novica said:

jakiblue said:

I tried one with Angkor Wat temple daytime, but didn't like it. I'm trying a Lantios one for you. Been awhile since I did 3DL so am using a lighting product instead of starting from scratch. I had to change it over from Deep Shadow Maps to raytracing, am testing it now. 

edited November 2015

If you have Lantios, its number five in the daytime ones. I'll add a distant front light and do that one now. I'll keep the light whitish to keep his skin tone pure.

Here's the daytime 05.

Here's with a dim front Distant Light added to it.

m7LantiosDaylight05.jpg
    704 x 900 - 346K
    m7LantiosDaylight05Distant.jpg
    704 x 900 - 350K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2015

Hmmm, would like to know others' opinions who render in 3DL as to M7's skin, but with the Lantios lights, it certainly didn't seem orange to me.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2015

This is Aiden, same exact lights, so you can compare.

AidenLantiosDaylight05Distant.jpg
    704 x 900 - 333K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2015

This is Dash, same exact lights, so you can compare.

DashLantiosDaylight05Distant.jpg
    704 x 900 - 317K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2015

If you have Monique 6, these are the five Charisma morphs, dialed in at 100%. You can mix them together for a lot of possibilities!

CharismaMonique01.jpg
    333 x 426 - 106K
    CharismaMonique02.jpg
    333 x 426 - 106K
    CharismaMonique03.jpg
    333 x 426 - 106K
    CharismaMonique04.jpg
    333 x 426 - 105K
    CharismaMonique05.jpg
    333 x 426 - 106K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2015

I bought the Batch Render product

ITS ON SALE FROM $19.95 DOWN TO $8.98- grab it if you want it!!!!  FLASH SALE!  (Highly recommend it, works like a charm.)

Post edited by Novica on

Thanks Novica laugh 

Novica said:

Hmmm, would like to know others' opinions who render in 3DL as to M7's skin, but with the Lantios lights, it certainly didn't seem orange to me.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582
    edited November 2015

I haven't really gotten any great renders out of gen 3 figures in 3delight. I will check out Michael 7, but I'm not really hopeful.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited November 2015
    jakiblue said:

Thanks Novica laugh 

Novica said:

Is there a particular lightset you use? I have a lot of them and can test it with something you use for other renders, so you can compare.

Edit: I did four distant lights, and M7 seems to me to have distinct cutoff areas in the face where the lights hit, I can't quite describe it but it seems like the transitions between lit areas aren't transitioning well. See the lower jaw. So overall, I don't like the results when using distant lights (only.)   EDIT: And OMGoodness, that line below his throat/into the collarbone!

m7fourdistant.jpg
    625 x 800 - 266K
    Post edited by Novica on
This discussion has been closed.