• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2015

Ysabeau 6
    Ysabeau Hair
    Sleepzzz Purr Outfit and Accessories

http://www.daz3d.com/ysabeau-6
    http://www.daz3d.com/ysabeau-hair
    http://www.daz3d.com/sleepzzz-purr-outfit-and-accessories

So I did a render with the hair and the fun Sleepzzz purr outfit. It comes with poses with the toy cat, one click for the gal, one for the cat, and voila, you're done. Cute product. 3DL render.

Edit: Click to enlarge/ click again. It looks dark because it's such a large render and is shrunk.

Ysabeau2.jpg
    1292 x 1994 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Cute render. If I was still PC I might buy her. She does remind me of another character though, not sure who.

edited December 1969

At 64% off, it was worth a try :) I am definitely fixing her lips (particularly her top one- ugh!) Quite a few people have said she looks a bit like Belle's older sister.

FYI: I am connecting using my iphone as our internet is down from storms. Earliest a tech could get out was this SATURDAY so if I don't post, it's not that I am ignoring anyone. Looks like the focus is iray anyway and I am not doing iray so sitting out so far as that's concerned. I don't intend to invest any money in it, this is a never-ending bottomless pit to invest in and I'm quite happy with what I've got- more than I'll ever use and so many lighting products I haven't even tried (that I own.) I'm also keeping 4.7 studio as it works fine.

DO manually download and keep your 4.7 studio files (go to Product Library) before uploading 4.8 That way if you want to go back, you can!
    Once 4.8 is in the Product Library, you can not ever access previous versions!

• ablazeablaze Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Cute render. If I was still PC I might buy her. She does remind me of another character though, not sure who.

Looks like every other Thorne character

http://www.daz3d.com/thorne

edited December 1969

LOL. Quite a few of the vendors have a "look." You don't even need to view the product page to know who has modeled the character. I'm not a fan of botox lips but that's what dials are for. :)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited December 1969

I'm honestly not clear how DAZ decides what a base figure will be as opposed to simply a character. I admit I'm curious. Ysabeau doesn't have new UV's, her morph is similar to Giselle in the body, her content kinda jumbled together and doesn't seem as tailored to suit as say Lee 6 and Darius 6 were.

I'm just interested in the process. Will we see more 'mini-pack' gen6 figures?

edited December 1969

It definitely confuses the "figure" and "character" terms. I don't think of her as a main figure either.

edited May 2015

The Streets of Old London
    http://www.daz3d.com/the-streets-of-old-london

Thought you would like some closeups of the signs. These are the lights which come with the set.
    LOL, you'll love the Michael and Victoria sign. Coming up. Check this post in about twenty minutes and keep checking back as I add. This first sign you can't really read, the others are quite clear.

london5.jpg
    500 x 800 - 224K
    london4.jpg
    500 x 800 - 335K
    london3.jpg
    500 x 800 - 265K
    london2.jpg
    500 x 800 - 326K
    london1.jpg
    500 x 800 - 325K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2015

Here's where those signs are. Next is Fletcher Russell shop from the outside, then I'll take you inside. (It is to your right of this, I am simply moving over and staying on this street.)

Edit: Third is the inside of the shop, looking out. Have to say I'm disappointed in the flooring. The concrete of the road comes up through it, which surprises me. Only the front part of that room is usable- but the set isn't for interiors, so...oh well.

london8.jpg
    900 x 600 - 376K
    london7.jpg
    900 x 800 - 605K
    london6.jpg
    900 x 800 - 736K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2015

Ran to Walmart (off schedule, haven't gotten sleep yet- but in the summer, it's nice to be awake in the a.m. as so cool outside.) and this rendered for you. Love this set and very reasonably priced.

Edit: the alley with the first posters is on your right. You can see the orange poster. It's as if you came out of the shop and looked to your right down the street. There would be the Poster Alley then this is the main street.

london9.jpg
    900 x 600 - 521K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Couldn't resist when I found this across the street.

london10.jpg
    900 x 600 - 417K
    edited May 2015

Invited Guest Contributor

Todays review is:

Waiter Uniform for Genesis 2 Males
    https://www.daz3d.com/waiter-uniform-for-genesis-2-male-s
    by: IH Kang

Other Items:
    Deacon for M5 (Skin) (No longer appears to be in the store) by vyktohria
    Boudoir photo studio Add On (Predatron, Diane)
    http://www.daz3d.com/boudoir-photo-studio-add-on
    and photo Image of a restaurant taken from Morguefile and highly Blurred.

This is a fun waiter uniform for men. It comes with 4 pieces, tie, shirt, vest, and pants. The uniform has a subtle fabric texture not visible unless you are very close up. There are a number of adjustments and morphs designed to make the clothing fit better. There aren't any shoes, but those can be added using any low formal black shoe. There is a morph on the pants to allow for shoe adjustments although I found I did not need to tweak that area, and the first pair I chose worked fine.

The outfit renders well, and looks good on Gianni and on extremely heavy morphs as well as base male and slender morphs. With most figures I did get poke-through with the white shirt in very tiny amounts and sometimes with the bow tie. You will need to use adjustment morphs to thicken, adjust, or make the outfit look more ironed, which most of the time, removed the spots entirely. Othertimes a quick touch with the clone tool in Photoshop worked faster.

I really liked the realism of the outfit, and how well it suited the gen 2 male figure. I particularly like the way the pants move and crease. The folds look realistic and give the impression of dynamic cloth. I hope for an expansion as this is a very nice looking set and renders excellently!

Image 1: Gianni the waiter
    Image 2: Turnaround on Gen 2 male
    Image 3: Extreme morphs Weight, and Gianni

Image-1.jpg
    1200 x 1371 - 669K
    Image_3.jpg
    1371 x 1200 - 630K
    Image_2.jpg
    1371 x 1200 - 686K
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited December 1969

All that goes together quite well- I hadn't really paid much attention to the waiter outfit but I like it's fluidity, it doesn't seem stiff at all. I'm surprised at the things that quietly leave the store, and we have no idea something's gone until we go to link the products on the thread. I like that skin (I think I have it.)

Your pose is superb- love the way he is handling that tray. Great finger placement! The glasses threw me off for a minute as the stems don't show up very much- I HATE doing glassware (I don't think I have ever rendered any for this thread, other than the lemonade pitcher with the Castell render- and that took me forever) and up against a background is so hard to do! Yours look a LOT better than if I had done it, that's for sure.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Terrific review! One important rule when dining out, though. Never trust a barefoot waiter. :)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Love the waiter. Now, now, tjohn. You know that in DAZworld shoes are always optional.

edited December 1969

I had trouble finding a good tray. That's actually a giant plate made metal. The only other tray I found was the plastic one from the 50's diner set- and he looked weird delivering a hamburger and fries in the formal wear.

Yeah, the stemware looks slightly funky. I had even darkened it the second pass in diffuse. That's the best I could do at this point. Maybe a shader would make it look better?

My first glasses were from the set Wine Me. They looked opaque when rendered. Very strange.

edited December 1969

Reminds me of a gag sign down here in the South- it said

Shirt
    Shoes
    No Service

with a surfboard and tiki bar on the sign.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

I had trouble finding a good tray. That's actually a giant plate made metal. The only other tray I found was the plastic one from the 50's diner set- and he looked weird delivering a hamburger and fries in the formal wear.

Yeah, the stemware looks slightly funky. I had even darkened it the second pass in diffuse. That's the best I could do at this point. Maybe a shader would make it look better?

My first glasses were from the set Wine Me. They looked opaque when rendered. Very strange.

Glass shaders in 3Delight require a very high ray trace number in render settings - often 6 or more - in my experience To get rid of the solid opaque gray areas. Of course this makes the render very slow. Sometimes you can get by with 4 For simple geometry. IRay does glass much more convincingly and much faster, it seems.
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Reminds me of a gag sign down here in the South- it said

Shirt
    Shoes
    No Service

with a surfboard and tiki bar on the sign.

In Florida I saw signs that said
    No shirt
    No shoes
    No problem
    :)
    edited May 2015

Okay, can't have floaty invisible glasses. =-) I found a shader which came with Arcadia Rising by Midnight stories. It was for the visor. I used it on the glasses and I think it looks better when overlayed the previous render to give it some opacity. I have deleted and uploaded that pic.

edited December 1969

Okay, can't have floaty invisible glasses. =-) I found a shader which came with Arcadia Rising by Midnight stories. It was for the visor. I used it on the glasses and I think it looks better when overlayed the previous render to give it some opacity. I have deleted and uploaded that pic.

Wow what a DIFFERENCE! Looks really good.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Invited Guest Contributor

Having used Unshaven for Genesis quite often, I picked up Unshaven 2 for G2M by Mec4D today. Here's a first look with the Iray renderer, which I'm still playing around with. The beard comes with a few 3Delight materials plus a wider set of Iray shader presets - I've used the same one on the beard, hair and eyelashes. For the beard I've used a mix of several of the grooming settings - you can make some weird and wonderful shapes as well as simple ones like this.

The model is M6 with a few dialled morphs and his materials adjusted for Iray, lit by the Ruins HDRI that comes with DS4.8 and one (ot very strong) spotlight to light up the eyes. Hair is from Mec4D's Spartan for G2M - this is a fibremesh hair, which I've made finer by subdivision.

Unshaven-01.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 366K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

@Novica - I liked your Streets of Old London posts on the previous page - picked that up today too :-)

edited December 1969

I like the look of those shaders. Too bad none are for 3delight. =-/

I must admit, I picked this product up and I'm luke warm about the look of the bigger beards rendered in 3d Delight at least close up. It looks very artificial to me.

It looks better very fine and light with stubble.

I like your Iray render. Nice job, Melanie L

edited December 1969

Thanks for sharing Melanie! Looks like you've gotten iray down quite nicely. I noticed that the longer beards have more of a grass appearance and they don't look like the promo pictures, which seem more wiry haired. Aka, some of the strands don't "behave" and go straight down, they are twisted slightly and more realistic. Was there an option for that?

edited May 2015

I like the look of those shaders. Too bad none are for 3delight. =-/

I must admit, I picked this product up and I'm luke warm about the look of the bigger beards rendered in 3d Delight at least close up. It looks very artificial to me.

It looks better very fine and light with stubble.

I like your Iray render. Nice job, Melanie L

Some of the promo images look almost like plastic. See below. Someone may want that style for their work, but I certainly hope this isn't being passed off as realistic by any stretch of the imagination.

Edit: Upon second look, it appears more like tree bark.

beard.jpg
    895 x 1000 - 88K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Whereas these look really good IMO, with the hair being different and not like grass strokes or bark-y looking.

beard2.jpg
    1860 x 1160 - 190K
    edited December 1969

I wonder if the figures dark skin ads to the realism in those renders. There is the ability to adjust the fineness of the hair but not density that I can see.

edited December 1969

It's not only the thickness though, it's the wiriness of the hair and the way it has some curve to it. The other renders I've seen are more straight and grassy looking on some of them.

edited May 2015

This is the hair you like, no adjustments. Same man. Same hair. Different skins and colors. You can adjust the fineness of the hair. And also make it thicker. Rendered in 3delight

JPEG.jpg
    1204 x 768 - 602K
This discussion has been closed.