Off Topic Thread #2

11617192122

Comments

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,968

    Dartanbeck said:

    Argh, I just retired from my rock band.

    Animating makes me so happy that I smile everywhere I go. Ask evilproducer, he knows. 

     

    But now there's this looming bit of deep, dark depression. I knowe it was the right decision, but.... sigh

    I am confident you find ways to continue to incorporate your music in your life.  You rock!  And of course looking forward to more of your cinematic animations.

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,968

    Stezza said:

    Diomede said:

    The Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts opened recently.  Is across the street from my condo.  Am looking forward to appreciating some non-computer art (and some computer art also).

    https://arkmfa.org/visit/

    is yours the one with all the flowers hanging over the railing? devil 

    we know you haven't got a car so it must be  the one with the pushbike hanging on the railings yes

    Stezza, I bought a car again now that I no longer live in a walkable city.  But yes, I have a balcony and a bicycle.  

    Wendy, I am hoping an entire wing of the new fine arts museum gets devoted to Carrara.  But so far, no one is asking me any questions.  One of my neighbors is a volunteer, so instead I am the one asking questions.  laugh

  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,076

    Animating makes me Very Happy!

    (in young Anakin Skywalker voice) - It's Working! IT'S WORKING!!!! smiley

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,739
    edited November 2023

    if you are running the latest Windows 11 check out MS Paint... it's been updated for the first time eva!  cool

    Post edited by Stezza on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,076

    Nope. It says my Computer isn't up to snuff.

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,739

    was thinking about buying a Pixel8 Pro... any forum members have one? yes or no

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,968

    Stezza said:

    was thinking about buying a Pixel8 Pro... any forum members have one? yes or no

    Not I.  But if you get one, please give the rest of us a review.

  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,076
    edited November 2023

    Diomede said:

    Stezza said:

    was thinking about buying a Pixel8 Pro... any forum members have one? yes or no

    Not I.  But if you get one, please give the rest of us a review.

    Aw maaaan! I thought you were going to say "If you get one, please get the rest of us one too" sad

    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,968

    Happy Thanksgiving, Carrara Community.  This weekend is observance of the harvest festival in the US.  Canada was some weeks ago.  I am sure other places have harvest festivals at other times.  In any case, it is an opportunity to count one's blessings.  I am feeling quite blessed in part because... (drum roll please)... (wait for it)...

    ...It also happens to be my birthday.  My day included a walk in the park, a nap. pizza, and ice cream.  Oh, and I played around trying to combine Carrara's terrain modeler and hair modeler.  Best birthday I have had since I was a little kid.

    Cheers.

  • Happy Birthday heart

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,739

    Diomede said:

    Happy Thanksgiving, Carrara Community.  This weekend is observance of the harvest festival in the US.  Canada was some weeks ago.  I am sure other places have harvest festivals at other times.  In any case, it is an opportunity to count one's blessings.  I am feeling quite blessed in part because... (drum roll please)... (wait for it)...

    ...It also happens to be my birthday.  My day included a walk in the park, a nap. pizza, and ice cream.  Oh, and I played around trying to combine Carrara's terrain modeler and hair modeler.  Best birthday I have had since I was a little kid.

    Cheers.

    have great day with the fam yes 

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,430

    Happy Birthday !!!

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,968

    Thank you for the birthday greetings.  yes

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,550
    edited November 2023

    yeah no

    image_2023-11-30_054607108.png
    3848 x 2160 - 445K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,968

    ???

  • Diomede said:

    ???

    4K TV 

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,739

    but.... then you can't watch the cricket surprise

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,430

    Stezza said:

    but.... then you can't watch the cricket surprise

    But you get your renders up close !!!

  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

    Great Wall Paper for my desktop

     

  • Wendy. I hear you. I purchased a 32" 4k monitor to go with my new Mac Studio. I really like the extra screen space, but it's taking some time to get used to the tiny fonts. The good news is that the operating system and many programs allow me to increase the font size. There are some exceptions that are annoying. 

  • this is mostly a TV that just happens to be handy as a second monitor for the Win7 in my bedroom 

    I can and will use Carrara on the main one

    just sharing how Carrara looks on it cheeky

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,550
    edited December 2023

    Meh my Carrara browser lost all my library/runtime links again

    Windows did do an update so I strongly suspect a correlation

    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,174

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    Meh my Carrara browser lost all my library/runtime links again

    Windows did do an update so I strongly suspect a correlation

    On a related topic, did somebody back there say Win11 does not run Carrara?  

  • Steve K said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    Meh my Carrara browser lost all my library/runtime links again

    Windows did do an update so I strongly suspect a correlation

    On a related topic, did somebody back there say Win11 does not run Carrara?  

    Stezza uses Win11 without issue

    I am on W10 

  • I've been running Carrara in Windows 11 virtualized on a ARM Mac and it's crashed once in the last month. I haven't found any features that don't work yet. It seems very solid. 

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,968

    I run Windows 11 on a PC.  Have generally been fine.  I have had Carrara freeze a couple times, but very rare, and not sure related to Windows 11.

  • RuudLRuudL Posts: 176

    I'm also running Carrara on Windows 11 without any problems.

  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,174

    Okay, thanks all, good to know.  I'll doubtless be forced into Win11 eventually. indecision

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,739

    Steve K said:

    Okay, thanks all, good to know.  I'll doubtless be forced into Win11 eventually. indecision

    Windows12 next year sometime... cool 

  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,174

    OK, way off topic.  A good trivia question from Jeopardy! champ Ken Jennings: What are the only two days with no games played in the NFL, MLB, NBA or NHL? 

    (For non-Americans, those are the four major pro sports in the US - (American) football, baseball, basketball and hockey)

Sign In or Register to comment.