Off Topic Thread #2

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811

I remember saying to the wife that Daz Studio will be redundant when the Make Art Button comes to fruition..

The wife laughed.... I laughed..... Siri laughed and Alexa laughed cool

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Texas is hot, but it is not as hot as my first summer here.  Expecting between 105-110 F all week.

Traversing these forums is becoming a nightmare!

Whoever the coder is needs to go back to school! no

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,860

well my motion triggered security camera puts my mind at ease about one thing.

I was worried Denis might take the opportunity to attack Lucy while I was not home.

What I in fact have are over 50 long videos from while I am at the shops of 2 cats sitting in the window next to each other keeping vigil until I return.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,192
    edited August 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

What I in fact have are over 50 long videos from while I am at the shops of 2 cats sitting in the window next to each other keeping vigil until I return.

Reminds me of a hilarious Ebert review of a movie, which he said was only slightly more engaging than watching a blank screen for 2 hours.  His funniest reviews are in his book, "Your Movie Sucks" and the sequel: "A Horrible Experience of Unbearable Length: More Movies That Suck"

An example from an Ebert column:

"Patrick Goldstein of the Los Angeles Times listed this year’s Best Picture Nominees and wrote that they were 'ignored, unloved and turned down flat by most of the same studios that … bankroll hundreds of sequels, including a follow-up to ‘Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo,’ a film that was sadly overlooked at Oscar time because apparently nobody had the foresight to invent a category for Best Running Penis Joke Delivered by a Third-Rate Comic.'

[Star Rob] Schneider retaliated by attacking Goldstein in full-page ads in Daily Variety and the Hollywood Reporter. In an open letter to Goldstein, Schneider wrote: 'Well, Mr. Goldstein, I decided to do some research to find out what awards you have won. I went online and found that you have won nothing. Absolutely nothing. No journalistic awards of any kind … Maybe you didn’t win a Pulitzer Prize because they haven’t invented a category for Best Third-Rate, Unfunny Pompous Reporter Who’s Never Been Acknowledged by His Peers.'

Reading this, I was about to observe that Schneider can dish it out but he can’t take it. Then I found he’s not so good at dishing it out, either. I went online and found that Patrick Goldstein has won a National Headliner Award, a Los Angeles Press Club Award, a RockCritics.com award, and the Publicists’ Guild award for lifetime achievement.

Schneider was nominated for a 2000 Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actor, but lost to Jar-Jar Binks.

But Schneider is correct, and Patrick Goldstein has not yet won a Pulitzer Prize. Therefore, Goldstein is not qualified to complain that Columbia financed “Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo” while passing on the opportunity to participate in “Million Dollar Baby,” “Ray,” “The Aviator,” “Sideways” and “Finding Neverland.” As chance would have it, I have won the Pulitzer Prize, and so I am qualified. Speaking in my official capacity as a Pulitzer Prize winner, Mr. Schneider, your movie sucks."

yes

Post edited by Steve K on
  • I set that camera up outside now and it keeps recording ravens/crows whatever under the veranda

I need to study the motion detection settings

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I set that camera up outside now and it keeps recording ravens/crows whatever under the veranda

"Read the manual"?  I learned not to say that to serious programmers during a short stay in the IT Dept. of a large company.  surprise

• Steve K said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I set that camera up outside now and it keeps recording ravens/crows whatever under the veranda

"Read the manual"?  I learned not to say that to serious programmers during a short stay in the IT Dept. of a large company.  surprise

it's actually supposed to train itself and I think it has

only 2 15sec captures 12 hours in today 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Steve K said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it's actually supposed to train itself and I think it has

Reminds me of the chess program AlphaZero (maybe a later version now?)  It was given the rules, but was never given any chess theory, history, databases, anything.  It just learned the game by playing itself a zillion times.  Now no human can beat it.  I really think some of its moves are just taunts to humans.  Grand Master humans at that.  We may be doomed.

Weird!

on my iPad and the forum has gone dark theme. surprise

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

Stezza said:

Weird!

on my iPad and the forum has gone dark theme. surprise

have you tried turning your ipad over?

I tried that once and all I saw was the back of the ipad.

It might be different on your one tho..

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,227

Sorry to go off topic here, but how about these freaking Golden Ticket sales? I mean... I can't believe how little the cart price changes as I keep adding things. Expensive things. I toss a Golden Ticket item in and add something else and look at how little the price of that second thing is. So I drop in something else. Rinse, repeat. Got a lot of cool new tools and toys and monsters and places....

Oh Yes! Feverishly working on my Character animations so I can fire up my Carrara 8.5 Pro and do some Rendering!!! Woot!!!

Texas visit over.  Back in Arkansas.  Lets get ready to Reeennnnderrrrrr!

Fastening seatbelt!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

Dartanbeck said:

Fastening seatbelt!

mee too - what was the topic again :) ?

It was Off :)

Diomede said:

anywhere near Bentonville? 

Stezza said:

Diomede said:

anywhere near Bentonville? 

Bentonville is about a 3 hour drive away.

Note - There are tiny specs falling from the sky.  They seem all moist.  And grey fluffy things blot out the sun. Must get used to it. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,860
    edited September 2023

sounds like the first sign of threadfall

best get those dragonriders onto it and blast it with fire before it burrows in

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

sounds like the first sign of threadfall

best get those dragonriders onto it and blast it with fire before it burrows in

smiley

• Alberto is at it again

more DAZ studio goodies

(looks way better than that Sim Tenero shape thing nobody could share any results of)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,743

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Alberto is at it again

more DAZ studio goodies

(looks way better than that Sim Tenero shape thing nobody could share any results of)

Looks good !!! I had the SimTenero shape thing on my wishlist - will swap over !

Bunyip02 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Alberto is at it again

more DAZ studio goodies

Looks good !!! I had the SimTenero shape thing on my wishlist - will swap over !

Bought - won't have time to play until the weekend !!! https://www.daz3d.com/proteus-level-set-morphing

• I want to but am way over my 3D budget, it's definitely something I will buy one day

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I want to but am way over my 3D budget, it's definitely something I will buy one day

I can't afford much more, just bought 10 Stonemason items that were on steep discount with 4 tokens to boot .....

• Bunyip02 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I want to but am way over my 3D budget, it's definitely something I will buy one day

I can't afford much more, just bought 10 Stonemason items that were on steep discount with 4 tokens to boot .....

the lightning deals have been sucking me dry 

Bunyip02 said:

Bunyip02 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Alberto is at it again

more DAZ studio goodies

Bought - won't have time to play until the weekend !!! https://www.daz3d.com/proteus-level-set-morphing

Thanks for the heads up. Recently, I have been focusing on utilities, tutorials, plugins, and similar offerings that can be applied to more than one product, or that make setting up scenes faster.  This might be a good addition.  Will take a closer look.

That looks great

i love the example of the cube morphing into a sphere.... heart

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Same here. I keep watering where my money used to be... but nothing's growing!