Off Topic Thread #2

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Bummer,sorry to hear. Happy birthday by the way, for t'other day ;)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,702

Headwax said:

Greetings from the north coast :)

Gday, hope all is well and the surf is good !!!

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I already tried it on my old laptop using Linux crying

I can detect it with some tools but it shows zero data and space

it has 3 cables from working drives that fit it and still nothing

can see it in device manager but that's all

Sorry to hear, shame it didn't do a "second wind" for you .......

Bunyip02 said:

Headwax said:

Greetings from the north coast :)

Gday, hope all is well and the surf is good !!!

Good day back ! Yes a few hours in the water today a few dolphins one large turtle and the water is so warm the fish are gulping for air, strange but true

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

lettin' rip on the Clam Draggers! angel

edited February 19

Stezza said:

lettin' rip on the Clam Draggers! angel

I leave them in a box on the mantelpiece on the big days... got your rain here, want it back? I'll chuck in a few thunderstorms to make it worth your while

Post edited by Headwax on

don't you hate it when you're reading the comments whilst dipping your teddy biscuit in the cup of coffee and ooooops.... crying

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Stezza said:

don't you hate it when you're reading the comments whilst dipping your teddy biscuit in the cup of coffee and ooooops.... crying

don't you hate it even more when you're reading the biscuit tin whist dipping your laptop in the cup of coffee?  No matter how long I soak it, it never gets soft enough for my teeth to handle.

lol

it's nearly footy season downunder and the NRL are taking some round 1 games to Vegas!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Stezza said:

lol

it's nearly footy season downunder and the NRL are taking some round 1 games to Vegas!

Could be risky -- what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.  Wouldn't want to have to leave a trophy behind. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081
    edited February 22

Close call.  Happy to report the world is showing signs of bouncing back better than ever.  I was worried, but there is a happy ending.

Back in Arkansas after a stay in Texas.  Turned on the television and thought the world was collapsing.  How so?  There is a free channel by Universal Studios, 300 - The Universal Monster Channel.  Recall that Universal represents the classic Bela Lugosi Dracula, Boris Karloff Frankenstein, Lon Chaney Junior Werewolf, Julie Adams Creature From the Black Lagoon, all the greatest achievements in the long history of feature length films.  The station generally shows 25-30 classic monster movies in a row, then repeats the loop.  

--- But what did I find when arrived home?  Blood on the Mummy's HandAbbott and Costello Meet Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde?  Nooooo.  

--- The Real Housewives of Atlanta!  Not just one episode or one city, but a 'Real Housewives of...' marathon.  Help.  Help!  Civilization is collapsing.

--- Cautiously, I checked the station a day later.  Although they showed more episodes of 'Real Housewives of...', I am thrilled to report that they followed that up with... (drum roll please...) ...wait for it...

--- A double feature of Bride of Frankenstein and then Brides of Dracula.  Someone has a sense of humor.  Yay.  The channel is showing the classic monster movies again.

zz01 monster channel.png
    679 x 510 - 546K
    zz02 monster channel 02.png
    679 x 511 - 399K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,823

other than the era they are set in I couldn't tell the difference 

both about bloodsucking dependent spouses that don't even do housework 

Let's be politically correct and have the "grooms of Dracula " starring men in tutus and Liberace as Dracula 

edited February 23

Perhaps a marathon of The Bachelor, followed by a double feature of Creature From the Black Lagoon and Revenge of the Creature.     

Post edited by Diomede on

Ancient Rome in 3D.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Diomede said:

Ancient Rome in 3D.

Very impressive, probably as close as any of us will get to wandering through ancient Rome.  I don't think I saw a favorite of mine, Trajan's Market, maybe the first multi-level shopping mall (like The Galleria here in Houston).

Another favorite look at Rome is the HBO series "Rome" which adds character development to the story.  Here is a favorite scene focussing on Pullo, a low ranking but extremely powerful infantryman in the 13th Legion.

Trajan's Market.jpg
    1920 x 1226 - 735K
    Galleria.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 261K

The other day I had an ingrown big toenail removed without local anesthesia, that sounds like quite an uncomfortable and painfull experience! surprise

You wouldn't be wrong! It's a wonder the Police weren't called frown

Stezza said:

The other day I had an ingrown big toenail removed without local anesthesia, that sounds like quite an uncomfortable and painfull experience! surprise

Maybe Sting could have helped ...:) 

edited March 6

I noticed  @Mistara is still a member of the platinum club

Post edited by Headwax on

Headwax said:

But last active September 2021 .....

Headwax said:

Stezza said:

Maybe Sting could have helped ...:) 

Bunyip02 said:

Headwax said:

But last active September 2021 .....

likely auto renewing subscription 

siggests she is still living but possibly not in a position to be able do anything about it crying 

stuffed me knee up somehow ... so finding it hard to sit at the PC so I have bought a mini PC to hook up to the telly! cool

Stezza said:

stuffed me knee up somehow ... so finding it hard to sit at the PC so I have bought a mini PC to hook up to the telly! cool

Oh-no, hope the knee gets betterer, nothing worse than being legless ....

I assume you have Carrara now installed in the mini to get your Carrara fix ?!

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

Oh-no, hope the knee gets betterer, nothing worse than being legless ....

I assume you have Carrara now installed in the mini to get your Carrara fix ?!

+1

my days on this forum are numbered

(DAZ forum not just Carrara)

now I get cookie popups accepting will not make go away

I actually don't mind ads on other sites I use, they are not intrusive like here

so blocking them was unneeded if DAZ3D had only played nice

but since they won't, I will just go away

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 117
    edited April 10

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I actually don't mind ads on other sites I use, they are not intrusive like here

I feel you. Sorry to see you go, but I will wait out my Support ticket first, then decide. It's either DASZ will answer with the SDK download or I leave. 

You know … My PM will be still read. I still have to get the Carrara SDK. But as nobody is willing to share, I have to hang out with mny Support Ticket that has almost past its best before date … just saying

take care

maybe see you on artstation? ArtStation - O-8-15

Post edited by Fettbemme on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I get the Cookie popups the first time I open DAZ website each session then again when I log in, click on the preferences and decline. It's a pain but it looks like the price of doing business with DAZ.

Don't go away, we value you !!!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,888
    edited April 10

Bunyip02 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I get the Cookie popups the first time I open DAZ website each session then again when I log in, click on the preferences and decline. It's a pain but it looks like the price of doing business with DAZ.

Don't go away, we value you !!!

Are you running ad blockers? Is your browser set to delete cookies (if you have to log in every tiem that sounds possible)?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you running ad blockers? Is your browser set to delete cookies (if you have to log in every tiem that sounds possible)?

I am running AdBlock and do not have to log on every time (Google Chrome)  I do not have this problem with popups.