Website Improvements and Updates Incoming

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,144

NorthOf45 said:

I don't get it. "Tiny" thumbnails? They're the same size they've always been (on the main shop page and anywhere else), a little bigger than the "What's Hot" carousel thumbnails. Resizing the window only reduces or expands the size a little, until the number per row changes, up to 5 across max. Firefox and MS Edge. Could it be another side-effect of the DAZ Deals plug-in? Script blockers? The browser platform is usually detected by the page itself and displays the appropriate style.

No, it's not the Daz Deals plugin. If I turn it off, the store is the same waste of space as it is with it turned on. 

• If you want to get to the top of the page on a computer can't you just press the Home key? On my full-size keyboard it's in the block with delete (diagonally up and right from it), some laptops may require you hold down a modifier to access it. Not arguing against having the page open at the top, but it does avoid scrolling.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602

shadowhawk1 said:

RalfZ said:

This is getting a bit tedious, to say the least. In order to get a freebie (or any other product) I have to make sense of what's visible in those tiny previews. The previews are tiny because the website is optimised for mobile phones and apparently there's no version for PCs. 

So I scroll through page 1 of products and click on one of the arrows to get to page 2. Page 2 then opens at the bottom, which means I need to scroll all the way up, then scroll down again while trying to make out what's on the little previews. And the same for page 3, 4, 5 …

Seriously, who designed this website? Benny Hill?

Worse... the Marx brothers! 

...even worse, Zastava Motors 

https://www.librarypoint.org/blogs/post/the-yugo/

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,070

There is a smallish up arrow i n a circle at the bottom right of the store pages which takes you to the top of the page, no scrolling required.

...still a ridiculous way to change pages. it's like taking one step back to go two steps forward.   

• I haven't looked at the store other than quick glances on mobile for a little while, and just logged in on my PC, I guess for the first time since they started making these "improvements"... WOW. The current state of the Store is absolutely hilarious. They haven't really added anything, have they? Just taken features away and/or made other barely useful features much larger and in the wrong positions so that there isn't really room for the products they're trying to sell???

PLEASE tell me they're only like 5% of the way though implementing the supposed "Improvements and Updates"...

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 2021

RalfZ said:

This is getting a bit tedious, to say the least. In order to get a freebie (or any other product) I have to make sense of what's visible in those tiny previews. The previews are tiny because the website is optimised for mobile phones and apparently there's no version for PCs. 

Well, if that's the case, it's definitely not optimized for iOS... Maybe Android... I don't own an android device, but the last time I showed someone with an android phone the website, it was as wonky on their phone as it was mine... but that was a couple of years ago, so for all I know, it's working wonderfully now.

The forum is terrible on my iPhone and the store is just wonky...   My feelings are both are way better on Windows or Mac desktop or laptops then on an iPhone or iPad... I still can't post images using Safari on my iPad, I have to use Firefox for that and that's been an issue for several years now.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Seems a bit counter-intuitive if DAZ are concentrating on a mobile-optimised website when DAZ Studio is exclusively a desktop application. My own experience is that I browse the store while waiting for renders to finish and so I do that on my PC. I hardly ever browse the store on my phone or iPad.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,070

marble said:

Seems a bit counter-intuitive if DAZ are concentrating on a mobile-optimised website when DAZ Studio is exclusively a desktop application. My own experience is that I browse the store while waiting for renders to finish and so I do that on my PC. I hardly ever browse the store on my phone or iPad.

Likewise.

My phone is a phone. I have a local news ap and a couple of solitaire games to play while waiting my turn in any waiting room. My tablet is strictly for reading books or watching videos - all of which have been put on the tablet from my desktop system.

Browsing the web - that's done exclusively on the desktop, on the large screens.

• namffuak said:

marble said:

Likewise.

My phone is a phone. I have a local news ap and a couple of solitaire games to play while waiting my turn in any waiting room. My tablet is strictly for reading books or watching videos - all of which have been put on the tablet from my desktop system.

Browsing the web - that's done exclusively on the desktop, on the large screens.

It's an assumption that the changes are mobile-oriented, not a fact, so please don't extrapolate.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Richard Haseltine said:

namffuak said:

marble said:

Likewise.

It's an assumption that the changes are mobile-oriented, not a fact, so please don't extrapolate.

Just going by the talk so far. Seems to be a common assumption and the reason seems to be that the site appears to display better on a mobile device. If you are going to chastise people for extrapolating from evidence, then you will have a lot of chastising to do. 

• marble said:

Richard Haseltine said:

namffuak said:

marble said:

Likewise.

Just going by the talk so far. Seems to be a common assumption and the reason seems to be that the site appears to display better on a mobile device. If you are going to chastise people for extrapolating from evidence, then you will have a lot of chastising to do. 

The people saying it was done for mobile have not, that I've noticed, been viewing it on a mobile. Some who have tried have complained about its performance there.

...I would never do any transactions on the phone.  You're just asking to have your bank account and other credentials hacked or hijacked. 

• Torquinox said:

Jason Galterio said:

SlimerJSpud said:

Calliope23 said:

My product library on the website is showing up completely empty of products. Is this part of the website updating process? My products still show up in DAZ Studio 4.15.02. Thanks.

Ditto. I filed a ticket on this and sent a screenshot. If more people file tickets too they might take notice.

I came to the right place to make sure this wasn't just me. Thanks.

Of course that was after the minor heart attack at thinking my thousands or purchases had disappeared... Product Library > Store Credit > Orders > Stroke averted.

If you're using Daz Deals plugin, go into Daz-Deal options and uncheck "Allow comments/labels on all products." Reload your product library page and you should be good to go.

Thank you, this worked. I can see my product library again. Not sure how it worked, but it did.

• HeleneHelene Posts: 113

I like the variety of items in the DAZ store, that is why I shop here.  I have worked retail and had online stores and learned many things from terriffic bosses and managers.  I will try not to rehash what previous posters have said.  I do have many of the same problems though.
    When you have new items for sale, and I go ahead and purchase them in the morning, and then you offer a coupon for them in the afternoon, I get a bit upset.
    What I do now, is put items in my cart and wait around and see if you put out an afternoon coupon then decide to buy or not.  Frequently however, I go about my life and forget that I have things in my cart, I don't check out, the prices rise, so I empty my cart and go on with life.  You have lost money by dangling the possibility of a coupon later in the day, so I don't immediately purchase.
    DAZ Deals is a great addon - you should just hand them money and implement the things they offer.  When I purchase the G1 version of an item, I would hide the G2 version of the same item, because I really don't need both. I will also compare similar items, buy one and hide the rest.  Now these items are still marked as hidden, but they show up on my screen.  I don't want to purchase an item that is simiar to what I have, so either I research my purchases (I don't want to look at how much I have spent in the DAZ store...) or I just don't buy a questionable item.  Frequently there isn't time in my day to research something, so I end up not making the purchase. 
    I like puzzles.  Sometimes your multiple - buy this / get a discount on that - is entertaining to try to figure out.  Sadly, I don't have lots of time for puzzles these days.  It worked better when I could see what of my wishlist items were on sale.  Other members have discussed the wishlist and sales. 
    I have never been able to use the built in search features to achieve what would make my life easiest.  I have Carrara and Bryce, but I don't use them, so am I supposed to check all of the boxes but those?  Will not checking Poser eliminate things that are for DAZ and Poser?  I haven't messed with this, I was relying on hiding items to help me here. 
    Could we be ale to just search for animals / monsters? or just envronments?  That would be helpful.
    I joined the DAZ NFT Discord sever.  Since joining, I get at least one spam message ever day.  I know that you are not responsible for the actions of others, but I really hope that I am not now on some kind of "spam me with all of your crap offers" list.  I hope you can weed out these spammers from your server and even catch them before they join and find the contact information for the other nice people on the server.  I am on lots of other discord servers that I like that are not generating spam and I would really hate to have to delete and recreate my profile because of the DAZ NFT Discord server.
    I hope that your growing pains will soon be over and that you will make it easy for me to hand you money.

• ZaiZai Posts: 289
    edited December 2021

I'd like to see a check box system to delete things from the cart while playing cart jenga....instead of just "clear" cart. Sometimes I'm trying to set up 2 different purchases in order to take advantage of different coupons. Having a way to select which things to delete instead of clicking each individual delete button would be very handy.

Post edited by Zai on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Richard Haseltine said:

namffuak said:

marble said:

Likewise.

Is it safe to assume, that You don't have any clue either why the change to the page is done in a way, that looking at the page on a PC (especially with a 16:9 monitor) results in such an horrible shopping either?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,730

For the fun of it, I tried to set my browser in full screen mode.

Daz_shopping.PNG
    3389 x 1260 - 1M
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,547
    edited December 2021

felis said:

And in comparison, this is what you see if you reduce the width of the browser window as far as it goes... 

Shop.JPG
    721 x 1199 - 109K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • portrait mode on an iPad is OK, but you need landscape to see all the options snd that is awful 

AB5D91AD-658E-46BA-A543-9917AC5C7232.png
    1536 x 2048 - 3M
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

I visit the forums on my iPad because if I'm not actively working on my computer, I don't want to be sitting there any longer than I need to... even with a laptop, the iPad is still more convenient... and even though I generally don't buy anything on my phone, if I'm outside waiting around for someone or something, I visit the store or the forum to pass the time... its a lot easier than using a laptop or a desktop with a really long extension cord or portable generator... those suck on escalators.  When I'm outside I don't use any public WiFi networks or WiFi hotspots... just my own cellular data.

But, the problem with that is you are limited by reception or signal coverage... which around here is surprisingly terrible... I've gotten better signal coverage in rural Pennsylvania, than in areas in town near my home... literally in view of a cell tower.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,722

PerttiA said:

felis said:

And in comparison, this is what you see if you reduce the width of the browser window as far as it goes... 

That is the best I was able to get mine to look. Thanks for posting.

Gaslighting seems to be an international pastime. 

• I do all my Daz3D shopping on an iPad with a keyboard dock in landscape.  Prior to changes in October/November the store functioned with filers sorting and it was not a painful shopping experience.

Now with same iPad and software browser I have no search filters, paging scrolling button to top its really really painful to shop at the Daz3d store.

what's NOT speculations is last night I had my shopping cart at around $800 several times and dumped the cart several times.  Severa; 502 screens.  Then walked away.  Ended up spending around $200 after an entire day of shopping roulette, daz math, and frustration.  I had $2,000 for December set aside to build base Daz library with figures, sets clothing and ulitilities and wishlisted items.  Shopping experience is the problem, not that I don't have money or interest.

• HeleneHelene Posts: 113

I know the wishlist button and several other things are part of DAZ Deals.  I checked and everything was enabled as it should be.
    I went in to DAZ Deals again and turned everything off and exited. 
    I went en to DAZ Deals again and turned on the things that I wanted.  My sort by Wishlist button is Back!

• I do not give a flying feather what is "trending". I want to see what is new. Fix this.

• murgatroyd314 said:

I do not give a flying feather what is "trending". I want to see what is new. Fix this.

Sort order iss et at top-right, above the products, just as it always has been. However, in some cases it says release date when it apparently isn't - select another sort order and then go back to Release Date, if that is what you are after, to jog it free.

• blaz said:

I hope the "Bad Gateway" on forums is also one of the priorities.

If Bad Gateway and Cloud Flares were resolved, and that were the only thing that got resolved, I'd be so happy I might buy something.

And if all this licensing and non-fungible hoo-hah were understandable, I might buy lots of somethings.

...this is beginnign to sound like the old days of television where to get for good reception one day you put tinfol on the rabbit ears and on the next day you take it off.

Crikey.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Daz_Jessica said:

Hello everyone! Starting this week, we’re beginning the process of testing changes and enhancements to the Daz 3D website and user experience. Our first round of testing will streamline the checkout process with a new look and easier navigation so you can get back to creating your 3D art easier and faster. After that, we’ll begin testing improvements most of the website in further rounds over the next several months. 

Our main goals:

• Improve customer experience with checkout and cart
    • Added clarity around products
    • Improved category system
    • Updates to search and website navigation
    • Revamped designs and user experience
    • And more to come!

A few major pieces of the website are currently being redesigned, including the forums and gallery search, however those won't be updated this year.

I like the new thumbnails when looking at your product library. It makes it fun and easy to browse whatever you've filtered by, or to quickly check out shiny new purchases - cheers!

- Greg

• NathNath Posts: 2,722
    edited December 2021

algovincian said:

Daz_Jessica said:

Hello everyone! Starting this week, we’re beginning the process of testing changes and enhancements to the Daz 3D website and user experience. Our first round of testing will streamline the checkout process with a new look and easier navigation so you can get back to creating your 3D art easier and faster. After that, we’ll begin testing improvements most of the website in further rounds over the next several months. 

Our main goals:

• Improve customer experience with checkout and cart
    • Added clarity around products
    • Improved category system
    • Updates to search and website navigation
    • Revamped designs and user experience
    • And more to come!

A few major pieces of the website are currently being redesigned, including the forums and gallery search, however those won't be updated this year.

I like the new thumbnails when looking at your product library. It makes it fun and easy to browse whatever you've filtered by, or to quickly check out shiny new purchases - cheers!

- Greg

I thought that's part of the DAZ Deals add-on? - but you're right, it is great; it should really be part of the site itself, not 3rd party functionality.

Post edited by Nath on