My Projects in 3D Digital Rendering

Comments

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited March 2018

When I tested it I had self-collision on, so I think it should still work at least most of the time. That's weird that you're getting pokethrough completely through different layers though, I have them all on separate surfaces to try to avoid that. How fast are you animating from one pose to another?

Also shoot, I posted a link to the tutu in your other thread but I guess I didn't really explain at all what it was. blush

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
    edited March 2018

@agentunawares I did a little test in which I tried setting self-collision off and on, but I got the same result. I colored the different surfaced different to show the pokethrough. i set the animation to 120 frames. most of the pose transition is over by 90 frames.

pokethru.png
    1200 x 1553 - 5M
    Post edited by Rakuda on

That's dForce for you. What's the pose? I'll try to see if I can find any settings that minimize pokethrough. It really shouldn't be that bad.

@agentunawares You know what I think it might be? I think Daz has a problem with scale and simulating. I had another test that I was doing and I scaled everything up 500% and re-simulated and viola! Tha problem was gone.

I am going to try this on this tutu and see what comes of it.

That would be really interesting if that helped.

edited March 2018

@agentunawares ultimately, I think that was what did help. Here is another render in which I had to scale everything up 500% to get dForce to work properly. I will post an update on the tutu.

40084348854_7725f26113_h.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 1M
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

I am working on a set of Genesis 3 Female poses to upload as freebies on sharecg.com. Here is a preview image. There are 12 poses in the set. I have two more poses that I have to add... Like I said, it is a quick preview for feedback. The above linked file has 10 of the 12 poses.

There are a few things that I could use help figuring out. One thing is that a couple of poses are slightly outside the standard joint limitations Usuallly with other pose sets I often see a popup to allow this. In these cases, I see no popup and instead it loads the pose with those overrides disabled, so the joint does not go far enough and needs correction. How do I make this store along with the pose and let the user choose?

I also listed this in the freebies section.

Tracy001_render_sm.jpg
    600 x 797 - 135K
    Tracy006_render.jpg
    600 x 600 - 70K
    Tracy008_render.jpg
    600 x 600 - 72K
    Tracy010C_render.jpg
    600 x 600 - 85K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

I am preparing a set of 12 poses also for this character plus the character morphs and textures much like the last set of female poses. This one is gor the Genesis 2 male, but I may prepare them to be compatible with Genesis 3 Male also. If anyone can recommend a good male bulge morph that would be good, because the standard figure leaves the male looking a little light in center of things.

Brooks_sm.jpg
    600 x 777 - 72K
    Brooks_closeup.jpg
    1272 x 1739 - 397K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

Valzheimer has a free bulge pack for G2M here. http://fav.me/db9uemh

I think there are also 2 bulges in the G2M DAZ body morphs.

Post edited by agent unawares on
    edited March 2018

I didn't even realize there was such a morph in the G2M body morphs. I will look there.

This is a little change can in two parts for keeping coins, paperclips, pins, etc in.

Download it on sharecg.com

Post edited by Rakuda on

This is a little hanging shelf to put knicknacks on.

Download it on shareg.com and feel free to use it in any way unrestricted.

Below is after playing with materials a bit. I used a free wood texture, but you could make your own.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow some beautiful modelling!  I will be heading over to sharecg for sure.  Love the little tin with the lid that would make a lovely candle holder as well with some beautiful shadows cast.  You have a great attentions to detail.

edited March 2018

@IceDragonArt Thank you! You are right. And I decided that I couldn't resist to test your theory out. Great thinking! I need to threshold my opacity map on the smoke a little, but it is close to the idea. Has anybody done a 3D set of smoke streams? That would be a great idea! Could model an incent holder and some incent sticks.

^__^

candle.jpg
    1136 x 1550 - 804K
    56786780.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 1016K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
  • WandererWanderer Posts: 957

I love your work. I know that isn't saying much, but it's wonderful. Thank you for posting those items for use; I'll be going over there shortly to get them. There's this by SY: https://www.daz3d.com/sy-rigged-speedy-smoke-iray. I don't have it yet, but she says on there that they are meshes with morphs.

Thank you @Wanderer. Yes, it is enough that people enjoy using these tings too. Thanks for the link. SickleYield has some pretty cool stuff as usual. I was using a flat surface warped around with an opacity map , but some actual smoky meshes would be very cool. It would be easier to place the start point of the smoke stream. Morphs would be very cool too. There is some potential there short of more advanced actual particle physics. One day...

^__^

Glad to be of service. Least I could do in return for such generosity and inspiration. Please keep making such things, and I don't just mean the objects. Your use of light is really something.

Ah I was right that looks great as a candle holder (I have a thing for candles lol).  And I would have recommended the same set from Sickleyield.  She does good stuff!

edited March 2018

@IceDragonArt Teamwork FTW! Thanks for the inspiration. And, low-light scenes are fun to set up and render. Dramatic. It makes me think of one of those children's lights with the cutouts that spins as the heat rises and casts a shadow of animals walking around the room on the walls.

Here on Sharecg.com is that set of picture frames from the last render.

Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

Here is a daily freebie. This is an artist's drawing horse/seat. Download it on Sharecg.com

You may use it freely for anything.

Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

Here are those bamboo ink pens I talked about making that were to go with the ink bottle that was modeled and rendered a week or two back.

They need a bit of work on the surface map to give some texture around the bamboo knuckles so that they have that bamboo look.

It is possible that a normalmap could do, but perhaps I just want to add some geometry in actuality. might be simpler.

57679.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 918K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

Blyre Clown Project - Hair

Draft 1

So, here is a thing for this week aside from all the modeling stuff. I put this together quickly as a rough-draft
    to see where I am and what I need to work on.

As all things, the first go is rough and gets improved on. I also atached a reference photo. 

Honestly, I would prefer to find some hairstyle with the hair generally pulled back and the ponies higher up,
    but that is harder to find and hair is a pain in the tail to make if you don't know what you are doing.

Also, I have a cape idea that I am working on for this one, it is a week long project to add to the other projects
    that I am working on.

One thing that has to be understood when making, is the difference between the beginning and the ending and
    to be comfortable enough... and patient enough with the beginning to be able to see the ending in your minds-eye.

1.) The first question in my mind is what hair set is going to get me closest to the end result that I want?

Problem-solving tells me that there is probably some hairset wit a scullcap that is close enough where
    I could opacity out the other bits and build my own pony-tail extensions. That is one option. Mimimal work would be the best.

67647.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 1M
    blyre_views.jpg
    1194 x 650 - 294K
    Post edited by Rakuda on

Okay, man, first, I love this quote: "One thing that has to be understood when making, is the difference between the beginning and the ending and
    to be comfortable enough... and patient enough with the beginning to be able to see the ending in your minds-eye." 
    Second, thank you again for sharing so generously. Third, nice work on matching the reference. I had to look at it very carefully to make sure it was actually a render before commenting. 

edited March 2018

This is an initial 3D facemap. I need to do some work to  clean up the edges of the facepaint and extend the
    clown makeup back towards the ears. I have imported the image to an iPad to do drawing work in Procreate
    app. wee shall see how this progresses.

@Wanderer ^__^ Thanks for the positive feedback.  This forum is a great environment lately!

Note: this attachment is not the full resolution file. It is only 2040 x 2048.

26082003587_e3103effbc_k.jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 760K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

G2M Poses -  First 4

Here are the first 4 poses that I set up for the G2M pose set.

Download here on ShareCG

Note on G2M poses by Rakuda
    ---------------------------

These poses were set on a figure using Michael 6 body morphs at 100%,
    so for the standard G2M figure, they may take a slight tweak here or
    there.

Hope you can use these and do so freely without any constraint. There
    should be a full 12 poses in this set when complete, so if there are
    less, watch the download location for an update.

---------------------------

001.jpg
    600 x 600 - 112K
    002.jpg
    600 x 600 - 142K
    003.jpg
    600 x 600 - 141K
    iy5y55.jpg
    600 x 600 - 161K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

I need some help or suggestions as to where to go to learn how to package surface maps for a figure so as to make them available through the content library as a material preset.  Don't want people to have to manually apply surfaces that I provide, and also, I want to make sure the content mapping is relative to the daz directory and not my local drive structure. Maybe it's simpler than I think... I will play around this weekend.

Can you tell that I am lazy? I would rather be making content than hunting down tutorials!

x-D

Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

This is my most recent render after learning about rendering 32bit .exr files. The HDR is a bit soft but I will prefect it an get a workflow down. Holy Smokes! So happy to have learned this from @agentunawares!

6756757-Canvas2.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 1M
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

Blyre Clown Project - Hair

I think this "Prae-Pigtails for G3" hair may be close to what I am looking for for the clown image:

It does appear that it comes with some length morphs on the tails and has a blue color Iray texture.

Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018
    Rakuda said:

I need some help or suggestions as to where to go to learn how to package surface maps for a figure so as to make them available through the content library as a material preset.  Don't want people to have to manually apply surfaces that I provide, and also, I want to make sure the content mapping is relative to the daz directory and not my local drive structure. Maybe it's simpler than I think... I will play around this weekend.

Can you tell that I am lazy? I would rather be making content than hunting down tutorials!

x-D

It seems the next logical step was to download this (Package Your Props for Sale) now that it seems that I am at that phase of questions. I am excited and hoping that it has some useful information for me.

Post edited by Rakuda on

Prae makes great hair!  I've done several promos for her and they have all been great items.  I can't help with packaging.  Two people who I know would be willing to help are DivaMakeUp and Darwins Mishaps if you run into problems.

I actually thought about that tutorial when I saw your comment originally, but I have no experience with it and am still much too much of a noob. Must be exciting getting closer to that point. Good luck!