Rakuda's Freebies

RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

Here is a first test upload to sharecg.com  called Spool Table. I hope to upload more. This one is a simple file, but hope somebody can use. Sorry, I only included a template image and not the wood textures in the zip. This was just a quick thing that I modeled this morning before starting my 9-5 job. With a little more attention, I could align the endgrain texture on the edge with the table top.

;-)

PS - I just updated the ShareCG file to Unrestricted use. You can use the 3D files for anything.

Comments

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
    edited March 2018

Here is a little coffee mug that was created to go along with the table.

You can download it in .obj format (Coffee Mug) on Sharecg.com and use it freely unrestricted.

I uploaded in the following formats: [ hxn | dxf | obj | 3ds | stl ]

Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

Here is a soda cup (sharecg.com) to accompany the coffe mug/cup. [Unrestricted Use]

I uploaded in the followint formats:

[ hxn | dxf | obj | 3ds | stl ]

"There's no earthly way of knowing/Which direction they are going...
    There's no knowing where they're rowing...Or which way the river's flowing...
    Is it raining, is it snowing?/Is a hurricane a-blowing?"

- Willy Wonka

soda_glass_image.jpg
    900 x 1125 - 579K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,320

Thank you for the freebies

edited March 2018

Thank you @FaerylWomyn. It is a fun challenge for me to practice modeling. I look forward to making many more.

^__^

Today's modeling project was a fancy ink bottle.

I have yet to make the ink internally and wrap a label around it.

Still, it looks good, and takes up the complexity a little from the cup in the last project.

Can't wait to upload it to sharecg.com when it has the label complete.

Post edited by Rakuda on
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited March 2018

You seem to be taking the right approach, Rakuda. Coming along nicely. Thank you for sharing!

You are working in Hexagon?

Post edited by SixDs on
    edited March 2018

Thank you @SixDs Yes, Hexagon is mainly what I use, although I am tempted to pick up a little knowledge of Blender for some of its capabilities for handling fluid simulation or other particle physics. One day, I see myself also delving into Zbrush.

Update: Progress on that ink bottle.

Now, I am going to prepare to upload that file to sharecg and set to modeling a bamboo pen like the one below to go along with it.

-Rak

tbp.jpg
    381 x 230 - 9K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

I am working on a set of Genesis 3 Female poses to upload as freebies on sharecg.com. Here is a preview image. There are 12 poses in the set. I have two more poses that I have to add... Like I said, it is a quick preview for feedback. The above linked file has 10 of the 12 poses.

There are a few things that I could use help figuring out. One thing is that a couple of poses are slightly outside the standard joint limitations. Usuallly with other pose sets I often see a popup to allow this. In these cases, I see no popup and instead it loads the pose with those overrides disabled, so the joint does not go far enough and needs correction. How do I make this store along with the pose and let the user choose? Still learningg here!

Above is a render using pose #7.

PS - Your feedback and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I am working on a readme.txt for the file, so I am sure that will help people.

^__^

Post edited by Rakuda on

They look great and thank you

edited March 2018

Thanks again @FqerylWomyn

^__^

This is a little change can in two parts for keeping coins, paperclips, pins, etc in.

Download it on sharecg.com

changebox.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 1M
    56786780.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 1016K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

This is a little hanging shelf to put knicknacks on.

Download it on shareg.com and feel free to use it in any way unrestricted.

Below is after playing with materials a bit. I used a free wood texture, but you could make your own.

shelf_001.jpg
    600 x 776 - 190K
    wood.jpg
    600 x 776 - 236K
    wood_texture_map.jpg
    2400 x 2400 - 2M
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

Picture frames, You can change the images to whatever.
    I'm not all that religious really, just some paint-by-number paintings I picked up from a garage sale and made a 3D Model of. There's also a pink flamingo image too.

^__^

Download them on Sharecg.com

Paintbynumbers.jpg
    695 x 556 - 252K
    f8f2f15a50e66a55cb3fb0ef503604c8--flamingo-painting-flamingo-art.jpg
    736 x 1104 - 131K
    il_570xN.987066018_q7bg.jpg
    556 x 428 - 118K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Ah, yes, the once ubiquitous paint by numbers paintings. Do they still make those sets? I can still remember the distinctive smell of those little pots of paint, even after all these decades.

Thanks for the stuff, Rakuda.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

Great work, thank you

edited March 2018

Thank you to you @Diomede and also to @SixDs I don't know  if they have tose same paint-by-numbers, I imagine they do with those same tiny little pots of paint. I never painted one myself, so I don't remember how they smell :)

Here is a daily freebie. This is an artist's drawing horse/seat. Download it on Sharecg.com

You may use it freely for anything.

horse001.jpg
    600 x 776 - 197K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

Next, I am getting ready to work up a set of twelve G2M and G3M poses for this character.

Coming soon... I will upload the character files too including textures and head morph.

Alex8.jpg
    2400 x 3106 - 3M
    Alex1.jpg
    2400 x 3106 - 6M
    Post edited by Rakuda on

Here are those bamboo ink pens I talked about making that were to go with the ink bottle that was modeled and rendered a week or two back. They need a bit of work on the surface map to give some texture around the bamboo knuckles so that they have that bamboo look. It is possible that a bump map could doo, but perhaps I just want to ad some geometry in actuality. might be simpler.

So, that is some idea of what is to look forward to posting in the near future. Please make any suggestions of objects mundane or otherwise that you would like and I just might make some of them if I can.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Rakuda said:
    Please make any suggestions of objects mundane or otherwise that you would like and I just might make some of them if I can.

Those bamboo pens look very promising.

And as you asked for it (see quote):

• pipe(s) - the ones used for smoking... with a can/box for the tobacco and a wooden stand to hold those pipes
    • a mop and bucket combo for cleaning floors
    • pipes... the musical kind. Like maybe a pan flute... or that big one Kwai Chang Caine used in that old TV series...
    • a cane/walking stick with a knife/rapier hidden in it (which would be three props in one: can with hidden blade, cane without grip/handle, grip/handle with blade)
    • following that art/asia theme you (kinda) had, how about an calligraphy set. Ricepaper, inkstone, brush(es) etc.

@mailkdecker Great ideas all! Watch for updates.

^__^

edited March 2018

G2M Poses -  First 4

Here are the first 4 poses that I set up for the G2M pose set.

Download here on ShareCG

Note on G2M poses by Rakuda
    ---------------------------

These poses were set on a figure using Michael 6 body morphs at 100%,
    so for the standard G2M figure, they may take a slight tweak here or
    there.

Hope you can use these and do so freely without any constraint. There
    should be a full 12 poses in this set when complete, so if there are
    less, watch the download location for an update.

---------------------------

Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

@maikdecker Working on the first item on your suggestion list. Should the pipe be long or stubby?

Is a tobacco tin like the one shown below good?

And a pipe-stand like this?

pipe.JPG
    1394 x 863 - 87K
    a4b26bf8068736343b824fd5927fdf09.jpg
    580 x 1024 - 225K
    s-l300.jpg
    234 x 300 - 5K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    edited March 2018

@Rakuda:

That pipestand looks fine to me.

The tobacco tin also looks cool. I would expect some modern pipe smokers to use one of those century old cans just for the looks of it. And the "flat" version can be put into one's coat pocket easier compared to the more round cans.

As for the pipe... I'm divided. The shorter, stumpier version probably is more often used nowadays, while the longer version would also be great for fantasy settings (just think of Gandalf smoking his pipe in LOTR). If there can only be one, I'd go for the long version (and, if possible, with the option to re-texture / re-shade the three different zones independently.

And of course you could also go "full crazy" and check google for pictures of "Meerschaum pipes" wink

Post edited by maikdecker on
  • hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

@Rakuda:

That pipestand looks fine to me.

The tobacco tin also looks cool. I would expect some modern pipe smokers to use one of those century old cans just for the looks of it. And the "flat" version can be put into one's coat pocket easier compared to the more round cans.

As for the pipe... I'm divided. The shorter, stumpier version probably is more often used nowadays, while the longer version would also be great for fantasy settings (just think of Gandalf smoking his pipe in LOTR). If there can only be one, I'd go for the long version (and, if possible, with the option to re-texture / re-shade the three different zones independently.

And of course you could also go "full crazy" and check google for pictures of "Meerschaum pipes" wink

Just make the pipe with a few morphs so it can fulfill multiple roles.  A length morph for the stem, a couple of shape morphs for the main bowl, etc.

But doing a carved meerschaum....that's going to need a bump/displacement map.  WAY too complex for geometry for such a small item.

edited March 2018

@hphoenix I like the idea of the length morphs and making it multi-purpose. Great idea!

@maikdecker That would be crazy cool to have a Meerschaum style pipe. Lots of work however x-D

Here is a miscellaneous hallway with archway model.

There is an image map template file,but it is not textured. The walls, floor and ceiling are in one plane each for easy mapping. But that said, you could easily select those surfaces with the geometry editor, make a surface of them and tile a higher resolution texture than a flat unified map. Options, options.

The texture is all up to whoever uses it. I know it is not much, but I am trying to offer up something everyday to keep me in practice. And sometimes, it is the small props that have impact if properly used.

^__^

3ds, obj, hxn, stl, dxf,dwg, etc.

The long hallway made me think of that scene from "The Shining" with the tricycle.

Capture002.JPG
    704 x 868 - 53K
    Capture.JPG
    701 x 863 - 63K
    archway_map.png
    689 x 689 - 5K
    54-Canvas1-Beauty.jpg
    1526 x 1976 - 511K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

I finally went ahead and  uploaded the ink bottle.

^__^

Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited April 2018

This is a folding stool model that I needed to make for scene.

The scaling is a bit random, so you may need to scale acording to your needs.

Download it on Sharecg.com and use it freely.

folding Stool.jpg
    600 x 776 - 138K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited April 2018

I updated that last stool as somebody pointed out  very correctly that it was missing the support struts.

Here is an images of the updated stool.

Stool_render.jpg
    600 x 776 - 127K
    Post edited by Rakuda on

Looks great, thank you

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

Thank you for all these :-)

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

Just wanted to complement you on the great work. The ink bottle, for example, appears to have some farily complex geometry to it with those compound curves are the top. I can't wait to download these and render away.  Thanks!

edited May 2018

Hey everyone. @FearylWomyn @Mollytabby @grinch2901 Thanks for following and the compliments. It has been a busy month but I wanted to follow up on a few requests. Here is a pipe as requested. More to come!

@grinch2901, if you render something up, I would love to see it. Always like to see these things in use. Let me know!

This one is especially for @maikdecker

^__^

Download and use "Smoking Pipe" freely on ShareCG.com

Pipe_render.jpg
    1526 x 1220 - 508K
    Post edited by Rakuda on