My Projects in 3D Digital Rendering

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

LOVE the tattoos!  And I have to agree, the chair is just a wee bit too small for the models. 

I think we are all hoping that someone will come up with a way to apply a cloth preset that will make the cloth act like the material its supposed to be.  Burlap acts far different than satin, and jeans don't drape the same was as a light cotton. 

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
    edited February 2018

LOVE the tattoos!  And I have to agree, the chair is just a wee bit too small for the models. 

I think we are all hoping that someone will come up with a way to apply a cloth preset that will make the cloth act like the material its supposed to be.  Burlap acts far different than satin, and jeans don't drape the same was as a light cotton. 

I made some corrections to the scale of the chair. Next render should be appropriate size-wise. :)

Speaking of fabric, I had some fun last night rendering this. I had a bunch of fabric draped in different colors across the backdrop, but realized the cloth needed a little more resolution in subdivisions to behave in a more appealing fashion. I started again and this is the first draped cloth. I am going to pile a few more on in the next render.

Not sure what is up with the texture that came with the wood divider. It is a bit odd. I may have to customize it with some more even wood  textures.

henryks002_sm.jpg
    600 x 777 - 89K
    Post edited by Rakuda on

Looks like the tiling is off on the wood texture.  You can adjust that in daz under surfaces tab all the way at the bottom.  There is one for horizontal and one for vertical.  I usually just plug in a number, see what it does then adjust as needed.

edited February 2018

Looks like the tiling is off on the wood texture.  You can adjust that in daz under surfaces tab all the way at the bottom.  There is one for horizontal and one for vertical.  I usually just plug in a number, see what it does then adjust as needed.

Yeah, the UV map is a really complex layout. I think it is not the tiling. I really don't understand the mapping and the alternating jiog-jogs across the pattern. Here is a low res version if the map. Looks like a video game glitch... Ha!

I think the file that I got was a conversion from a 3DS file and had a messed up opacity map.

FOLDING-SCREEN-PANEL-ROOM-DIVIDER_SCREEN-PANEL-MAIN_BaseColor.jpg
    600 x 600 - 58K
    FOLDING-SCREEN-PANEL-ROOM-DIVIDER---UV-LAYOUT.jpg
    600 x 600 - 70K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited February 2018

This is better. Just opened it up in Hex and knocked out a few panels, added some new and gave them a rice paper texture.

henryks003_sm.jpg
    600 x 777 - 197K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    Rakuda said:

Yeah, the UV map is a really complex layout. I think it is not the tiling. I really don't understand the mapping and the alternating jiog-jogs across the pattern. Here is a low res version if the map. Looks like a video game glitch... Ha!

I think the file that I got was a conversion from a 3DS file and had a messed up opacity map.

Ouch.  The redone one looks fabulous!

edited February 2018

@IceDragonArt Yes, a bit better looking. I like the subtle transparency of the rice paper.

Here are a couple of test renders of the Achilles morph for G3M with Dale textures and then Giovanni textures. I'm starting to build up a library of a few good male characters. Although, I must say I am keen to add Alexandra 8 pretty soon as well, as she looks like a more mature character, which I like as well.

Character_Tests.jpg
    600 x 392 - 78K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited February 2018

After a little more playing around and adding body hair from the George Hair Set.

Gianni textures used above and Dale textures used below

Char001_SM.jpg
    600 x 777 - 149K
    Char002_SM.jpg
    600 x 777 - 156K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited February 2018

Added a bit of randomly strewn drapery to the scene. If it is going to look right, I need to plan the simulation a little more to get things spaced out right. Like, for instance, I may replace that purple scarf thing with a  two or three other well placed scarves.

Im not quite sure why during a simulation the drapery seems to enter the geometry of the divider quite a bit. This is fixed a little by adding smoothing to each object. As it is with multiple objects stacked it is not so simple to set a single collission target. Therefore, it was necessary to patch about three geometry crossovers in Photoshop. Such is life...

drapery_sm.jpg
    600 x 777 - 151K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited February 2018

Here is another character, this time generated using FaceGen and with a few tweaks to the nose in DS with some Genesis 3 Male face morphs. Facegen really can't get much variety in the nose bridge bump, if you are looking for a hook sort of nose. I have noticed that.

Char_views.jpg
    900 x 583 - 150K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited February 2018

Above is a pen and ink sketch of a model posing for me.

Below is based on that. I need to work on a bun add-on object and a hair clip object.

P.S.- Can anybody recomment a good long sleeve lady's collared blouse?

The next step is to see if I can take some advice that I have been reading about cussions and negative gravity to see If I can simulate some comperssion wrinkles in the blue mat.

435637_SM.jpg
    600 x 480 - 138K
    435637_Cropped.jpg
    624 x 444 - 161K
    435638_SM.jpg
    600 x 480 - 129K
    435639_SM.jpg
    600 x 480 - 147K
    Post edited by Rakuda on

Check Wilmaps site she has a ton of stuff that is more real world than total sex kitten lol. And all of her items are free.

@IceDragonArt Yeah, that is actually the first place I looked. I was surprised to not find anything there. Hongyu’s shirt for Victoria 7 was pretty close to what I need. I textured it up with a custom pattern and now have to find time to render it up. ;)

edited March 2018

Here is a first test upload to sharecg.com  called Spool Table. I hope to upload more. This one is a simple file, but hope somebody can use. Sorry, I only included a template image and not the wood textures in the zip. This was just a quick thing that I modeled this morning before starting my 9-5 job. With a little more attention, I could align the endgrain texture on the edge with the table top.

;-)

PS - I just updated the ShareCG file to Unrestricted use. You can use the 3D files for anything.

testrender001.jpg
    900 x 1125 - 410K
    template.png
    600 x 600 - 128K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

With a little work on my image map I got the end-grain mapped right at least now on the table top. Learned a bit about material zones in Hexagon and in Daz the Gometry editor to assign material areas which is pretty cool to know. Probably would have been easier if I had grouped the top surface with the outer edge and extended the grain out that way. The way I did it, was thanks to Photoshop's puppet warp which is a good tool to have.

And, actually, this table's geometry is different (three pieces instead of one) from the last which makes it much easier to map.

I will upload this updated version to ShareCG too when I get a moment.

:)

One reason for changing the geometry was to have several material zones on the table top to load materials into as shown below.

endgrain.jpg
    900 x 1125 - 534K
    template_2-0_thumb.jpg
    600 x 600 - 115K
    template_2-0.png
    600 x 600 - 173K
    material_zones2.jpg
    900 x 1125 - 588K
    material_zones3.jpg
    900 x 1125 - 538K
    Post edited by Rakuda on

That is a beautifully done table.

edited March 2018

Thank you Sonya, It was fun to make. Here is today's project. Now, I have to find a good metal shader/texture material to aply to get an aged metal look on the fireplace dark faceplate/door. I plan on doing some transparency opacity map also to get an ornate look to the metal front plate.

Fireplace.jpg
    1800 x 2251 - 4M
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

Here is a little coffee mug that was created to go along with the table.

You can download it in .obj format (Coffee Mug) on Sharecg.com and use it freely unrestricted.

mugrender004.jpg
    900 x 1125 - 535K
    Post edited by Rakuda on

You are on a roll!  And sharing is most appreciated as well.  You may want to post these in the freebie forums. 

edited March 2018

Here is a soda cup (sharecg.com) to accompany the coffe mug/cup.

They are now posted in the Freebies Forum in a thread called aptly "Rakuda's Freebies"

Post edited by Rakuda on

I'm always so impressed by people who model quickly and well!  One of these years....

edited March 2018

Today's modeling project was a fancy ink bottle.

I have yet to make the ink internally and wrap a label around it.

Still, it looks good, and takes up the complexity a little from the cup in the last project.

Can't wait to upload it to sharecg.com when it has the label complete.

inkpot.jpg
    900 x 1125 - 612K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

A little more playing around from yesterday with a tea cup/glass that I didn't create.

teacup004.jpg
    900 x 1125 - 468K
    teacup005.jpg
    900 x 720 - 506K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited March 2018

Here is a little further work on that ink bottle.

Now, I am going to prepare to upload that file to sharecg and set to modeling a bamboo pen like the one below to go along with it.

-Rak

drawing_ink.png
    1125 x 900 - 677K
    Post edited by Rakuda on

You have a really good grasp of texturing to go along with you modelling I see lol!

I struggle a great deal with wrapping my head around uv mapping.  Pun intended lol.

edited March 2018

@IceDragonArt Yes, it is tricky if you don't know where things are in Hexagon. I should  put together a little YouTube tutorial. That might demistify it a bit. Not that terribly difficult. A  litle Photoshop knowledge helps too.

BTW, I tried like crazy to get the map to apply to the label as a material zone, but it was being impossible, so I had to export the label separately and then it worked!

x-D

-Rak

Here is the same bottle of ink withh the cap off

drawing_ink_capoff.png
    1125 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Rakuda on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513

Wow, these models look fantastic.

I would so watch that video lol.

Wow, these models look fantastic.

Im really glad you like them @agentunawares . That means a alot!

:)

I took a second and saw that you updated that deviantart page with the tutu. So excited to play with it! Will post my results!!!

@IceDragonArt Thanks, I just might as I recently installed Premier on my computer. Just need to figure out a good screen capture app for video.

edited March 2018

@agentunawares Here are some renders with modest  movement using your tutu. I am doing another set with more wild movement. I notice some crossing of  the layers in the simulation on the wilder movement poses. I wonder if turning self-collision on will prevent this, or cause explosions.

mild_movement.png
    1200 x 450 - 349K
    wild_movement.jpg
    1014 x 450 - 75K
    Post edited by Rakuda on