The Newest Evolution Is Here: The Daz Season Pass!

Comments

• skyeshotsskyeshots Posts: 148
    edited April 2021

Sevrin said:

LeatherGryphon said:

I'm lost in the marketing words.  Could someone please explain what this "Season Pass" is, in words that convey significant meaning without requiring interpretive translation?

You give Daz money.  They'll give you stuff worth about that much money, maybe a little more, later for free! 

PS: There's no peeking!

Mine is broken I think. Even after you buy it, there is still no peeking. Except you get the forum flair right away!

Capture.PNG
    1204 x 871 - 56K
    Post edited by skyeshots on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

xyer0 said:

So, how will we know that the base character / Core Figure (make up your mind; pick one or the other) has been added to our Product Library? And what happens when (almost inevitably) Daz neglects to load someone's library with the base character for which they bought a season pass?

Maybe your forum flair will start flashing red when there's something added to your library?  That would be so cool.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,280

skyeshots said:

Sevrin said:

LeatherGryphon said:

I'm lost in the marketing words.  Could someone please explain what this "Season Pass" is, in words that convey significant meaning without requiring interpretive translation?

You give Daz money.  They'll give you stuff worth about that much money, maybe a little more, later for free! 

PS: There's no peeking!

Mine is broken I think. Even after you buy it, there is still no peeking. Except you get the forum flair right away!

Welcome to the club 

• dragovianknight_eb861ff4b8 said:

That Gargoyle bundle discount is kind of a slap in the face.

I honestly think they calculate the discount based, not on what the already owned item costs, but on "how can we make this just a tiny bit less than buying the remaining pieces separately?"

I'm sure they're counting on people not looking at what proportion of the bundle price should be taken up by the already owned item.

They can calculate however they like but in that case me is calculating to get this thing in 2 months plus for an overall discount greater than the 58% offered today.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

xyer0 said:

gerster said:

Ati said:

Ati said:

Daz_Jessica said:

Charlie Judge said:

Ati said:@Daz_Jessica today is another example of this. I own 25% of the products in the Gargoyle bundle. Summing up the prices, that's the most expensive one of all the items in the bundle: takes up 44% of the bundle price. Aaaaaaaand I got a 15% discount for already owning it. I really hope the Season Pass discounts will be a lot better than this.

that's exactly the reason why I didn't bought the gargoyle bundle today and why I don't get the session pass.

I think the target group of the session pass are not bundle buyers.

People, like me, are buying the Core Figures sans their bundles because the bundles are consistently low quality, too expensive, redundant, stuffed with old items we already own. Buying the Season Pass is really a bet that the bundles are going to stay that way (which is a very safe bet viewing recent Daz history). Indeed, a less than 25% discount on the bundles for Season Pass holders will be further confirmation that bundles are dead and worthless to seasoned Daz customers.

In light of this, it seems that we can expect more of the same from the bundles and their discounts. But I remain persistently hopeful.

That’s your opinion. I buy bundles because I like what’s in the bundle and rarely, if ever, use the core characters. Recently, at the end of March Madness, I bought two bundles with Juan Carlos in it for a great price although I’ll probably never use Juan Carlos, but I love the Cyberpunk stuff. And I am definitely a “seasoned Daz customer.”  

• Same here. But bought just one JC bundle as I had already some of the content of the second and the discount was not good enough for those few items I do not have already.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,199
    edited April 2021

skyeshots said:

Sevrin said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Ah!  I think I understand.  There's a phrase for this around where I live...  It's called "Buying a pig in a poke".indecision 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_in_a_poke#:~:text=The English colloquialisms such as,without inspecting the item beforehand.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

I'd need to know more about those free items. Free items like the plants and overly-poly rando objects we get each week that I have never used? Free items that are some highly niche, half-naked clothing that turns to spaghetti upon posing? Free set items with quality to the likes of Rogey/Strangefate or Stonemason? 

• melissastjames said:

I'd need to know more about those free items. Free items like the plants and overly-poly rando objects we get each week that I have never used? Free items that are some highly niche, half-naked clothing that turns to spaghetti upon posing? Free set items with quality to the likes of Rogey/Strangefate or Stonemason? 

No, there are no plants included.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602

...I actually liked the plants, always useful in scenes. 

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610
    edited April 2021

kyoto kid said:

They look nice, but sadly are on the very heavy side (generally...there are a couple exceptions). There are a two flora makers on the other site that I use heavily to fill out grasses, accent plants, etc for my scenes.  

Post edited by MelissaGT on

Daz Jack Tomalin said:

melissastjames said:

What about poses?  Maybe some car paint shaders?  Wait, a socially-distanced bus stop!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,547

Sevrin said:

Daz Jack Tomalin said:

melissastjames said:

What about poses?  Maybe some car paint shaders?  Wait, a socially-distanced bus stop!

Expansion packs for V4 MFD laugh

• Oh what is that.... 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,280

As with all things

This to shall passcheeky

edited April 2021

melissastjames said:

kyoto kid said:

They look nice, but sadly are on the very heavy side (generally...there are a couple exceptions). There are a two flora makers on the other site that I use heavily to fill out grasses, accent plants, etc for my scenes.  

...most of the plants I have in my library are Lisa B's.  I believe I have her entire opus.of flora.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

where the season pass for the carra upgrade to fix general rigging ?

is there a grant for carrara developement coming?

• StarLabzStarLabz Posts: 59

Just joined the 'Loot Squad'...  these better be good and hopefully most will be female characters.  Dont really buy the male ones as they are not appealing.

• BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 826

StarLabz said:

Just joined the 'Loot Squad'...  these better be good and hopefully most will be female characters.  Dont really buy the male ones as they are not appealing.

Well that's the thing, how are you going to select 5 figures that appeal to everyone?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,725

BlueFingers said:

StarLabz said:

Well that's the thing, how are you going to select 5 figures that appeal to everyone?

They could easily select 5 figures that would appeal to me by making them all 1) quality skins, 2) non-stylistic adults, 3) at least one male, preferably two or more, 4) different personality types from what's gone before.

• EnvixerEnvixer Posts: 58

Well... Considering how much I spent on Daz last month, calculating it now, the season pass is a good deal on the face of it.

I'm leaning towards getting it, but if there are going to be 6 season passes in a year, then I'm likely out.

Of course, since they're calling it the "Spring" season pass, I guess there should be 4 per year, but who knows?

The only reason I'm thinking of getting it is FOMO, though...

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited April 2021

Jason Galterio said:

nicstt said:

Jason Galterio said:

Honestly I don't see this any different than purchasing store credit.

When I buy the credit, I am spending money on future purchases where I have no idea what they will be. I'm just locking in my future purchase at a discount by promising to buy something.

Now I just got an additional discount, since I used store credit, for items that I won't know what they will be. But odds are I would have purchased the base characters anyway...

You don't see any difference between choosing items you want, or having them chosen for you - no options?

The store credit can only be used here. Once purchased I can't get my money back.

I bought the store credit presuming that I would want to buy whatever DAZ produces in the future. I have no control and no foresight over what those products might be.

So to me the difference is negligible as whatever the new figures happen to be, I probably would have purchased them. I doubt what they will end up being will be that outside of the normal offerings.

With store credit you chose the items you want, don't want 'em? Return them for store credit and buy something else when you want. Buying what you want as opposed to what you're given is a huge difference. I also don't see the option to return items in the Season Pass.

I've had store credit for years; it's the most efficient and cost-effective way of making purchases; I only buy with store credit; I only buy store credit at a minimum of 20% (without any buy-ins); I have a wait-to-click on the Purchase Button policy. This stops impulse buying.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • EnvixerEnvixer Posts: 58

xyer0 said:

BlueFingers said:

StarLabz said:

They could easily select 5 figures that would appeal to me by making them all 1) quality skins, 2) non-stylistic adults, 3) at least one male, preferably two or more, 4) different personality types from what's gone before.

Or if one or more were of the August 8.1 two-in-one variety. 

• fornitfornit Posts: 20

I think the weirdest thing about this season pass is the different tiers. It's already a borderline decision at $150 even if you usually buy the included items. After the first week it's +$20 AND you get less. buying without PC is more expensive than PC itself.

I mean there is such a thing as reverse FOMO. Absolutely nobody will buy this after the first week. Absolutely nobody will buy this without a PC sub. Yeah I know you will find that one guy that does. But percentage-wise it will very likely be negligible.

Envixer said:

Well... Considering how much I spent on Daz last month, calculating it now, the season pass is a good deal on the face of it.

I'm leaning towards getting it, but if there are going to be 6 season passes in a year, then I'm likely out.

Of course, since they're calling it the "Spring" season pass, I guess there should be 4 per year, but who knows?

The reason I'm not getting it is FOPFSIDW (Fear Of Paying For Stuff I Don't Want) 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,144

Sevrin said:

Envixer said:

The reason I'm not getting it is FOPFSIDW (Fear Of Paying For Stuff I Don't Want) 

yes

• TenTen71TenTen71 Posts: 67

mike_from_nz said:

This is dumb. How about fixing your forum so we can actually search properly?

THAT would excite me.

...yeah I remember when the forum search lwt you search based on post topic instead of content, could set a date range, filter by community member, and even be able to use full specific phrases so you didn't get every post showing up with the sane keyword like now. 

...and that is when the forums were held together with duct tape, chewing gum, rubber bands, and paper clips.

• TenTen71TenTen71 Posts: 67

Richard Haseltine said:

N_R Arts said:

I've just been thinking. If Daz wanted to kick out the low end users, why did they come up with Filament? 

Which perhaps indicates that Daz didn't want to kick anyone out. Not every offer has to work for everyone.

What's the benefit in coming up with an offer that will only be interesting to a few customers? If a company wants to make money, it would make more sense to entice more users. The Bridge ideas were good for pulling in other software users. The interactive licences were good for game developers.

Season Pass: I prefer buying a gift card at a discount price and buying what I want.

• Well, reason I might get the pass would be FOMO (fear of missing out). But since I skipped the last two bundles due to - IMO - unattractive extra discounts for already owned things I guess I will also skip this pass. Can always go for the next one if this one turns out to be a good deal. Interested to learn from pass holders what discounts they will get on upcoming bundles.