[Released] ROG Fantasy Home: Entrance + Furniture Set Products [Commercial]

Comments

• Artini said:

I have bought only the props, but some of them are really heavy on my computer.

It significantly slows down the operation of Daz Studio, but I still like them.

Make sure you're not using a wireframe viewport mode in Daz. Modes showing wireframes in Daz are super slow. Texture shaded or filament would be preferable.

Most props are made in SubD with the average polycount of props in a 10 year old game, so lowering the 'View SubD level' under Parameters > Mesh resolution to 0 tto each prop, or those that bother you should do wonders to viewport performance. 
    If you leave the 'Render SubD level' at 2, then they'll still render normally as they should in Iray.

• Lothar Weber said:

Just entered this one in the PC+ contest. So much fun with this set.

Nice render Lothar!

• @Strangefate This is such a beautiful and inspiring set! Ever since I've seen your work on this in your WIP thread I was looking forward to its release. And there is so much more to look forward to. I hope we will soon see more teasers. :) I love your attention to detail. You and Roguey are a great team. :)

Here is my first render done using Fantasy Home. 

LINK TO THE GALLERY IMAGE

Would you consider making alternate materials for the open book to make it look new? Like it might have just been bound and is about to be written in? It would add so much to its story-telling potential. Maybe provide it with some future set? That said I had fun playing with the open book, but had some trouble positioning it the way I wanted. It would be great to have a book that opens in more places (more towards the back and more towards the front) and one that is possible to fully close or at least to make it even less open than is currently possible. That too would give us so much more opportunity for story-telling! I hope you would consider making something like this in the future. Your book models are the most detailed and beautiful that I've seen here and they already have some very useful morphs. 

Thank you so much for creating this amazing product!

ThankfulForTheLittleThings_byBlueFox.jpg
    2500 x 2000 - 4M
  • Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 165
    edited February 2021

Yet another render from my fantasy-home :)

ROGHomeGrandmaJeb.jpg
    3200 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by Eggs Actly on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

Just a couple of quick renders - I love these sets!

ROG-Fantasy-House-USC-01.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 644K
    Proud-Feet.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 622K
  • @MelanieL Nice renders Melanie! I find the one with the hairy hobbit feet very funny. ;) It looks like someone is having a restful evening relaxing before the fireplace.

• Eggs Actly said:

Yet another render from my fantasy-home :)

@Eggs Actly Interesting perspective. World as seen by a cat. :) And yet the focus seems to be on the girl by the window bathhed in light, who I think is looking at the viewer? Very curious. It is an intriguing scene. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

BlueFox said:

@MelanieL Nice renders Melanie! I find the one with the hairy hobbit feet very funny. ;) It looks like someone is having a restful evening relaxing before the fireplace.

Thank you!  

• Very nice renders!

@BlueFox - I'll see what can be done about the books. I had more in mind for sure, there's was just only so much attention I could give it as part of a large product but we have more book centered furniture sets in mind for the fantasy home so I should be able to do most of what you want there.

• BlueFox said:

@Eggs Actly Interesting perspective. World as seen by a cat. :) And yet the focus seems to be on the girl by the window bathhed in light, who I think is looking at the viewer? Very curious. It is an intriguing scene. 

Thank you, BlueFox - very much appreciated yes

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

Strangefate said:

Artini said:

I have bought only the props, but some of them are really heavy on my computer.

It significantly slows down the operation of Daz Studio, but I still like them.

Make sure you're not using a wireframe viewport mode in Daz. Modes showing wireframes in Daz are super slow. Texture shaded or filament would be preferable.

Most props are made in SubD with the average polycount of props in a 10 year old game, so lowering the 'View SubD level' under Parameters > Mesh resolution to 0 tto each prop, or those that bother you should do wonders to viewport performance. 
    If you leave the 'Render SubD level' at 2, then they'll still render normally as they should in Iray.

Ok, thanks. I thought, that I am doing something wrong with the props...

• Strangefate said:

Very nice renders!

@BlueFox - I'll see what can be done about the books. I had more in mind for sure, there's was just only so much attention I could give it as part of a large product but we have more book centered furniture sets in mind for the fantasy home so I should be able to do most of what you want there.

Thank you for taking my suggestions into consideration! I look forward to all your future sets. You've created something truly superb here. I totally understand that its hard to fit everything one would want to into such an already big and complicated product. It already comes with so much more than I was expecting. I think it's wonderful and amazing as is. Still, I saw a beautifully made part of it, thought that it could be even more awesome and had to ask. ;) It's great to know that you plan to create more book centered furniture sets. Maybe you would consider making a furniture set for a study? That could come with lots of wonderful clutter like books, papers, writing utensils, maps...

Your work is truly inspiring and I look forward to seeing what you create in the future. I'm sure I will love it. :)

• @BlueFox - A study is in the list too. We'll probably only do 2 rooms of each size (+entrances, kitchen) and then themed furniture sets with scene subsets that decorate the large and small rooms as whatever the set is about... study/library, adventurer, herbalist, alchemist... whatever else we can think of and as long as it makes sense financially of course.

• Eggs ActlyEggs Actly Posts: 165
    edited February 2021

Yessss...my precious....

MyPrecious1.jpg
    4000 x 3000 - 3M
    Post edited by Eggs Actly on
  • Strangefate said:

@BlueFox - A study is in the list too. We'll probably only do 2 rooms of each size (+entrances, kitchen) and then themed furniture sets with scene subsets that decorate the large and small rooms as whatever the set is about... study/library, adventurer, herbalist, alchemist... whatever else we can think of and as long as it makes sense financially of course.

That's so nice to hear Strangefate! All of those sets sound great. :) I hope that all of them do really well in the store. I'm so glad that you thought to create the Fantasy Home. It has so much potential and can be used in so many ways. I cannot wait to see all of the props and rooms for it that you want to create. Thank you for sharing what is in the works. :)

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I should have figured that out given its part of a modular set. blush

Strangefate said:

@fastbike1 - There's a door that opens but there's no exterior on that side as it's meant to connect to the hallways, which in turn allow you to connect more rooms and an entrance.  

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 74
    edited March 2021

@Strangefate I love exploring this set. There are so many beautiful details included. That bird feeder looks awesome and I had to render a scene with it in it. However, I think I found an issue with the textures of the house exterior? You can see it on the wooden beam in the upper left corner of the image.

I also wanted to ask if it would be possible for you to provide a set of optional higher resolution textures for the architecture? Maybe as a separate DIM package so that people who do not need them could choose not to download them? They would be very useful for close-ups. When I wanted to render the bird feeder, I noticed that there is a huge difference in resolution between it and the wall of the house, it looks a bit jarring when rendered. The wooden beam looks particularly pixelated. This set is so beautiful. I would love to be able to render not only more distant shots, but also crisp close-ups.

I hope I did not come across as unkind. I love this set! I really look forward to all your future products in this series.

ROG_FH_BirdHouse_test_byBlueFox.jpg
    1768 x 2500 - 3M
    Post edited by BlueFox on
  • @BlueFox - All good. I saw the texture issues on the beams a week ago when Roguey was trying to reuse them for the exterior of the Hallways.
    The issue is in the UVs which have been fixed on our end. I'll submit an update for the Large Room exterior to Daz once we submit the Hallways. there's some shared textures that have been tweaked a little and such, so waiting until it's all done ion case something else pops up, shouldn't be long anymore, it's 90% there.

About the texture res, the concern is always VRAM with Iray of course but the exterior beams texture specifically could do with an upscaled color map probably, there's a lot of wood crammed into that texture.

I'll update the color map and mayabe normal map to a 4096 instead of a 2048 with the update and if the other exterior textures need a buff too I'll put a ZIP together that can be downloaded through the Forum.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,296
    edited March 2021

Strangefate said:

About the texture res, the concern is always VRAM with Iray of course but the exterior beams texture specifically could do with an upscaled color map probably, there's a lot of wood crammed into that texture.

Memory usage of the textures and maps is the combination of the size of the textures and how efficiently the space in the textures is actually used in the model.

Attached is one of the worst cases, where a 8192x8192x24bit textures and maps (five in all) were used on a fairly insignificant surface, taking 940MB:s of memory when 20MB:s would have been enough for exactly the same level of detail if the UV mapping had been done better. Compression and file format of the graphic files plays no role, as the graphic files are uncompressed when opened and the memory is reserved accordingly (Width (px) x Height (px) x color depth (bits) / 8 (bits) / 1024^2 = MegaBytes)

Don't have the product, but the frequency of this kind of problems has increased and I think it's related to the tools used in creating the textures, maps and UV maps.

UV.jpg
    240 x 240 - 8K
    Post edited by PerttiA on

Strangefate said:

@BlueFox - All good. I saw the texture issues on the beams a week ago when Roguey was trying to reuse them for the exterior of the Hallways.
    The issue is in the UVs which have been fixed on our end. I'll submit an update for the Large Room exterior to Daz once we submit the Hallways. there's some shared textures that have been tweaked a little and such, so waiting until it's all done ion case something else pops up, shouldn't be long anymore, it's 90% there.

I'll update the color map and mayabe normal map to a 4096 instead of a 2048 with the update and if the other exterior textures need a buff too I'll put a ZIP together that can be downloaded through the Forum.

Thank you for replying so quickly! I'm so looking forward to the Hallways and the updates for the Large Room! Your previews in the other thread only add to the anticipation. :)  I'm glad you were able to catch that UV issue. I would actually love to have a higher resolution textures for the walls as well. The beams are the most problematic, but the walls would too look so much better in close-ups if they were slightely higher resolution. Thank you for considering sharing the higher resolution textures with us! You are the best! :)

edited March 2021

PerttiA said:

Strangefate said:

Memory usage of the textures and maps is the combination of the size of the textures and how efficiently the space in the textures is actually used in the model.

Attached is one of the worst cases, where a 8192x8192x24bit textures and maps (five in all) were used on a fairly insignificant surface, taking 940MB:s of memory when 20MB:s would have been enough for exactly the same level of detail if the UV mapping had been done better. Compression and file format of the graphic files plays no role, as the graphic files are uncompressed when opened and the memory is reserved accordingly (Width (px) x Height (px) x color depth (bits) / 8 (bits) / 1024^2 = MegaBytes)

Don't have the product, but the frequency of this kind of problems has increased and I think it's related to the tools used in creating the textures, maps and UV maps.

Thank you for the explanation about the texture maps. The worst case scenario example was very enlightening. 

I do not know much about texturing or UV mapping, but I do not think that is the issue here. I believe the space in the textures was used efficiently. It's just like Strangefate said, in the case of the wooden beams a lot of geometry was covered in one texture map. 

Post edited by BlueFox on
  • PerttiA said:

Strangefate said:

Yeah that's not an issue :)

• They took longer than anticipated, mostly because cool ideas kept coming up and we kept adding them, but the hallways are done. Was doing a pass today on the included scenes to make sure nothing was floating and such and took some screenshots.
    Once I start doing some informative promo images it will be clearer what's included and how the modularity is broken down.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

I will be lying in wait with my credit card - if I can find where it's hiding. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Sure it's finally one to be worth to buy heart

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,532

Lovely, I have been waiting.

• jrazz333jrazz333 Posts: 1

Stangefate your work is TOP tier! Waiting with excitement to Add Hallways to my house...card in hand;) Thanks for your quality work.

• Thanks @jrazz333 :)

Small update:

- Hallways are sitting in Daz QA waiting to be tested.

- 'Large Room' Product update passed QA... not sure if it's already available since there's not exactly a release date attached to updates.
    The update fixes a small issue with the small windows and a few textures are replaced with higher res versions.

- I used a volumetric material in some of the Hallway promos and decided to add it with the product (images below). There will be a few volumetric material presets, because they're a pain to tweak.

- Not sure if I already mentioned it here, but the Hallway architecture product also includes Scene Subsets that help you decorate everything included using the already released Fantasy Home Living Room Furniture set, for those not wanting to purchase the Hallway furniture or simply wanting more variation. It's always a shame to not get more out of existing furniture anyway. Hallways look great with either and we obviously welcome any support we can get to keep doing this :)

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

If you would bring out a product without promos or descriptions... I would buy it at once! Instantly wink

• @Lothar Weber - Don't give me ideas we'll all regret !