SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,570

Physical Based Rendering

The Shaders with the Food are called PBS Shaders Volume 2 https://www.daz3d.com/mec4d-pbs-shaders-vol-2-for-iray

edited June 2021

Here is the second option I found for Boba Tea. 

I used the Cup for the Frappuccino in the Burger Restaurant Set https://www.daz3d.com/burger-restaurant

The Burger restaurant set is on sale right now, and very inexpensive. The Frappucino is included. You'll need to hide the straw and the ice cream on the top to use this for Boba. (Unless you like whipped cream on your Milk Tea, some do). The straw won't do because it is simply too narrow for boba to fit. You will need to make a primitive tube to work for your straw. I used the gummy shaders again to recolor it: https://www.daz3d.com/gummy-shader-presets-for-iray

I widened and shortened the frap prop slightly. Then I put the boba I had already made which is grouped into the cup. The boba has to be as close to the edge of the cup as you can get them or they won't be seen. You can make the drink more transparent, but then it wouldn't have quite a milk tea look. 

For the Drink, I used Mec4D's White Chocolate Shader. It is nice looking, and easy to change the color of, so you can just add a color to it when applied.

I replaced the glass shader this time, with Mec4D's Shader for Bubble Air Glass. This is included in Set 2, And is in the Glass section.   I think this made the bubble lid look pretty nice.

BobaMilk4.jpg
    800 x 800 - 226K
    Post edited by Serene Night on

I think that may be all my Boba Options. Another Option is the Brain Freeze set, but the Slushee is too mounded for Boba.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Serene Night said:

I used the Cup for the Frappuccino in the Burger Restaurant Set https://www.daz3d.com/burger-restaurant

The Burger restaurant set is on sale right now, and very inexpensive. The Frappucino is included. You'll need to hide the straw and the ice cream on the top to use this for Boba. (Unless you like whipped cream on your Milk Tea, some do). The straw won't do because it is simply too narrow for boba to fit. You will need to make a primitive tube to work for your straw. I used the gummy shaders again to recolor it: https://www.daz3d.com/gummy-shader-presets-for-iray

I widened and shortened the frap prop slightly. Then I put the boba I had already made which is grouped into the cup. The boba has to be as close to the edge of the cup as you can get them or they won't be seen. You can make the drink more transparent, but then it wouldn't have quite a milk tea look. 

For the Drink, I used Mec4D's White Chocolate Shader. It is nice looking, and easy to change the color of, so you can just add a color to it when applied.

I replaced the glass shader this time, with Mec4D's Shader for Bubble Air Glass. This is included in Set 2, And is in the Glass section.   I think this made the bubble lid look pretty nice.

This looks good! Thanks for all the links and info. I will experiment with the shaders I have until I can pick up the Mec4D shaders. They have been in my wishlist for a while, but I don't recall seeing them go on sale. I will have to prioritize them when I can.  At least the gummy shaders are cheap. Also, where is that cupcake from?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965
    edited June 2021

Serene Night said:

I prefer Peanut Butter rendering. laugh

I used to buy marzipan based 3D sculptures of pigs and other cartoony type sculptures to eat on special holidays with I lived in Switzerland. I've never seen such things in the US.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

certaintree38 said:

Also, where is that cupcake from?

The cupcake was included in this set: https://www.daz3d.com/baked-desserts

It is on sale right now

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,819
    edited June 2021

I feel like the pink liquid doesn't refraction the light properly. Is it possible that you forgot to switch off "thin walled"?

Post edited by Hylas on

Hylas said:

I feel like the pink liquid doesn't refraction the light properly. Is it possible that you forgot to switch off "thin walled"?

I did not adjust the shader at all, except to allow it to be slightly clearer. This way the drink boba is visible. I shall try your suggestion though.

Adjusting the thin-walled setting  did not make a difference in the appearance of the boba tea.

Huh. I don't have MEC4D's shader set so I can't check myself. I just think that if you stick a straw into a jar of (semi)translucent liquid, the straw's "line" will "break" from the liquids refraction. I don't know if it's clear what I'm saying... usually you get that effect by turning Thin Walled to OFF, Refraction Weight to 1, and Refraction Index to 1.3

But if the shader isn't already using Refraction Weight, then turning it on might disable some of its other properties. Again I don't have the shader myself so I can't check. Ok, I'll stop nerding now coollaugh

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-12 um 10.58.23.png
    253 x 498 - 135K

Boba tea needs to be mostly opaque. It can have milk in it. It is hard to make it suitably opaque with the boba visible at the bottom though. Heh. I however appreciate the feedback.

edited June 2021

Toon Owen and Boyd. Yes, I gave Owen the Frappe textures on his drink.  I am still working on making a nice-looking Boba set.

Pride.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited June 2021

So where do people get royalty-free fabric textures? I am looking for a t-shirt sort of Jersey Knit gray material. I would like to make a few simple freebie Items.

jersey.jpg
    1023 x 682 - 195K
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,668
    edited June 2021

Textures.com, specifically the PBR Materials section.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on

Thank you the cotton material ooks like what I need!

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,668

Glad to help, it's a great resource. 

Serene Night said:

So where do people get royalty-free fabric textures? I am looking for a t-shirt sort of Jersey Knit gray material. I would like to make a few simple freebie Items.

That sort of 'striation' used to be called heather or grey heather I think. 

edited June 2021

Okay, So here are two freebies for OOT's Mega Wardrobe Raglan Shirt for Genesis 8 Male, of whom I am a tremendous fan.  I am just getting my feet wet making textures, so forgive my amateur efforts. I am neither OOT, Nor Shanna's Soulmate, but a rank amateur. I have, however, given these shirts some life in colors I like. 

There are two textures here: Love is Love and a shirt that says His in graffiti script. That is all. Enjoy

zip
    zip
    Pride Texture for OOT Raglan T-Shirt.zip
    5M
    pic2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 415K
    pic1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 399K

Did you see Rocco HD for Genesis 8.1 Male | Daz 3D in the store today? Looks more like Owen than Owen. laugh

edited June 2021

He really does! Especially this picture

owen1..JPG
    657 x 883 - 50K
    edited June 2021

Okay so the wonderful shark figure by RawArt, comes with a nice bodysuit. DIM Calles it "Bodysuit for Jawz" however, installed it is called Shark Surfer Bodysuit.

Yes, there is a space for a dorsal fin, and for arm fins on the arm, but overall, I kind of like it. There is a weird... Tag, or something on the original texture near the crotch, that really bugged me. So I just went into the texture and other maps and removed them from the BMP files. It looked more like an error and was distracting me, so it is now gone. 

It fit okay, but there was some poke-through on Owen's thighs. I just hid them. 

bodysuit.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 767K
    shark.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 738K

Rocco is so dreamy. I already have a somewhat similar character by Emrys but I think I'm gonna have to get this one too smiley

Serene Night said:

Okay so the wonderful shark figure by RawArt, comes with a nice bodysuit. DIM Calles it "Bodysuit for Jawz" however, installed it is called Shark Surfer Bodysuit.

Yes, there is a space for a dorsal fin, and for arm fins on the arm, but overall, I kind of like it. There is a weird... Tag, or something on the original texture near the crotch, that really bugged me. So I just went into the texture and other maps and removed them from the BMP files. It looked more like an error and was distracting me, so it is now gone. 

It fit okay, but there was some poke-through on Owen's thighs. I just hid them. 

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed to see the shark mermaid & all the surfwear because of course I'm going to buy it all. I was nearly done with buying all the 'beach products' (that I want) in the DAZ Store and these come along.

I like the wetsuit set. There aren't many g8m wetsuits. I have a couple for earlier figures, but not any for G8m.

One thing I'd really like is a 'wave' to surf on. There are some fairly decent ocean surfaces, but no surfable waves

Serene Night said:

One thing I'd really like is a 'wave' to surf on. There are some fairly decent ocean surfaces, but no surfable waves

FirstBastion is just about to retire one!

And I saw a more extreme one in Adam Thwaites' store.

edited June 2021

Serene Night said:

Yeah, me too. In suitable PBR sets of surf waves that morph.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

I think I have the first bastion one. Perhaps a shader might make it look more modern.

Serene Night said:

I think I have the first bastion one. Perhaps a shader might make it look more modern.

I have that one and couldn't get it to look right in PBR.

Here is the best one I've found. It's on ShareCG and a freebie too: One big beach prop - DAZ Studio - ShareCG