SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

1495051525355»

Comments

• beanbean Posts: 19

Living for owen g9 hes stunning

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,080

Very cool, Serene; Love the mash up with the hair as well.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,990

They's good, I think the hair mix you did would work as one of Boyd's styles.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,582
    edited March 31

Here is some Sime~Gen fan art. The Sime (The male figure), is Genesis 9. The Gen (female figure) is Genesis 8. 

I found Sickle Yield's Hero Bodies for Genesis 9 (on sale)  https://www.daz3d.com/sy-hero-bodies-for-genesis-9 Works really well for the Sime, who is supposed to be tall and thin, but not super muscular. Use this in combination with CY3D Immortal Heroes Body Type 1 (Idol) Masculine https://www.daz3d.com/immortal-heroes-shapes-for-genesis-9 . This is a tough shape to do with DAZ  because a lot of the thin characters are emaciated and it should just be very lean but not skeletal. Simes don't get their energy from food, so they are skinny.

Simes in the story consume the energy Selyn that is made by the gens. 

Simes.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited March 31

Here's John. I wasn't trying for Jesus, so I used the Meshitup dForce Warrior Monk Outfit for Genesis 9, Which I think is a stunning outfit. I really like the little leg ties, which would look cute on an elf as well.

I've looked, I couldn't find John's extra body hair. If anyone could let me know, I'd appreciate it. 

Johnny.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    JEsus1.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1015K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,852

Serene Night said:

I've looked, I couldn't find John's extra body hair. If anyone could let me know, I'd appreciate it. 

It's a separate product, not included with John himself, but in both starter and pro bundles.

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-9-heavy-body-hair

In the Content Library, it's at /People/Genesis 9/Hair/Daz Originals/Heavy Body Hair

Oh, Okay, thanks! I was looking but wasn't really finding it.

edited April 3

Boyd is always prepared with his suntan lotion.

SunTanLotion.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 3M
    edited April 8

Comfort is a renSime who works for the Tecton as an agent.  I really liked this hair by FE, it doesn't look too bad on the men, with a set of sideburns.

RenSime-Agent.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • KC Riley-GyerKC Riley-Gyer Posts: 169

Great images as always and I love your Sim-Gen works. I'm looking forward to digging my books out and reading them again :)

edited June 6

Aww, thanks. Sime~Gen fanart was why I got into 3d in the first place.  I wish I had the ability to model so I could make the tentacle sheathes that the tentacle retracts into on the arm. But sadly, I've tried and it looks a bit bad. Lol.

Here is another renSime using my friend Phoenix1966's PhxMateo's genetics for the head and skin. 

I had to opt for a skinnier longer body other than Mateo's though, since simes are thin and wirey rather than buff

renSime (2).jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 1M
  • KC Riley-GyerKC Riley-Gyer Posts: 169

Yeah, I remember you saying the sheaths have been the hardest parts to get right. Either way, your Simes and Ren-Simes look awesome.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,962

Serene Night said:

Aww, thanks. Sime~Gen fanart was why I got into 3d in the first place.  I wish I had the ability to model so I could make the tentacle sheathes that the tentacle retracts into on the arm. But sadly, I've tried and it looks a bit bad. Lol.

Here is another renSime using my friend Phoenix1966's PhxMateo's genetics for the head and skin. 

I had to opt for a skinnier longer body other than Mateo's though, since simes are thin and wirey rather than buff

Have you considered asking RawArt ,if he'd be interested in taking a stab at sheath/tentacle morphs ?

edited June 9

Someone suggested displacement maps for the sheaths. The wrist is a challenging area because anything there is going to move with the wrist and the wrist is really flexible .. Right now the tentacles are parented to a sphere and the sphere is imbedded in the wrist bone.

I haven't asked anyone to make it but I suspect a flesh colored wristband with sheaths you can parent the tentacles to might be easiest.

Simes have 6 tentacles two dorsal, two ventrals both of which are for handling and much smaller laterals on the side.

edited July 4

duplicate

edited July 4

I was happy to see more Drow and Elf stuff in the store, so of course, I had to buy it—even though, well, you know. 

I've noticed that the outfit requires dForce to fit properly, otherwise the cloak will attach itself to various parts of the character's body.  I'm really looking forward to the next render, where I'll try to make the cloak billow just the way I want it to. I did try wind at full blast but apparently not enough. 

The character here is what remains of the dark elf figure, without Wagner and combined with the Dokkalfar character. This is the included skin. I think it turned out pretty nicely. 

Drizzt-Round-2.jpg
    2200 x 1400 - 2M
    edited July 5

Boyd and Owen tested out the ATV I had in my runtime but haven't used yet. It works nicely and comes in several colors—another fun set from Zeddicus. You can check it out here: https://www.daz3d.com/z-atv-mania-vehicle-and-poses-for-genesis-3-and-8

BeachDays2024.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,990

Serene Night said:

Boyd and Owen tested out the ATV I had in my runtime but haven't used yet. It works nicely and comes in several colors—another fun set from Zeddicus. You can check it out here: https://www.daz3d.com/z-atv-mania-vehicle-and-poses-for-genesis-3-and-8

Are ATVs allowed on the beach in California? I have that DAZ ATV as well, & a couple of dune buggies.

edited July 14

Honi, revisited for Genesis 9.

The eyes are the DD AnimEyez for Genesis 9 which I highly recommend for Elves.

Anime-2.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 1M
    Honi-Thalius2f.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 2M
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,329
    edited July 14

I was just thinking of you and your elves! I was going to point you to https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-hexenblade-hd-armor-for-genesis-9 and https://www.daz3d.com/hexenblade-texture-expansion as a lovely additioin to your elven wardrobe.  here is ChangelingChick's Fawkes  wearing it:

hex.png
    1328 x 1073 - 2M
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

Oh! that turned out so nicely! I'm going to have to check that out! Thanks for posting!

edited July 16

Serene Night said:

Oh! that turned out so nicely! I'm going to have to check that out! Thanks for posting!

It looks very kitbashable and there are texture from a faerie forest green to a drowish black, a hood, and other pieces.

edited July 16

More Elves. 

vandriX.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 1M
    edited July 16

Your elves inspired me... this is the faerie texture for hexenblade:

greenlight.jpeg
    1335 x 1073 - 474K

Oh he looks really handsome. I love the antlers!

The antlers are from the ChangelingChick https://www.daz3d.com/cc-character-accessory-kit-sprite-sundries-for-genesis-9; I should mention there is a wonderful freebie set of textures for the wings that are more stained glass like and quite lovely too...

Those look really good. And the set is on sale right now!

edited July 20

I used a very faded filter, which I sometimes like to do. I get a bit carried away with saturation, so sometimes I go the opposite.

The butterflies came with the prop, and they were fond of impaling the elves. I had to do two renders and erase the ones which imbedded themselves.

found.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M
    DrowLove.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 2M