Octane Render for Carrara (OR4C) Public Beta now released..

Comments

• Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Sighman said:
    akulla3D said:
    If I may ask another question from you all. What does count mean under render priority?

Thanks again.

I'm sorry, but I can't figure out what you are referring to. Where did you find something called 'render priority'?

Sorry see attached image, its one of the 4 choices.

Devices.jpg
    484 x 277 - 22K
  • Orion_UkOrion_Uk Posts: 0
    edited September 2014

Sighman, see my screen shot here..
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/680821/

Post edited by Orion_Uk on
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

dustrider said:
    Jonstark said:
    I show nothing on the list for my card (GeForce 740M) that's not showing as either a WHQL or Beta... I'm assuming that WHQL is ok to use though, right? Just because Microsoft hasn't signed off on it, I'm still pretty good to use that, it's beyond beta per Nvidia at least right?

Don't want to accidentally wreck my laptop :) Nvidia's site recommends going to the laptop manufacturer to download drivers, but when I go to Asus's homepage it doesn't even show what version each driver is, and the latest one is all the way back in March, whereas on Nvidia's page there's a WHQL for 344.11 that's on Sept 18, I'm thinking I should go with that, but kind of a bit nervous.

I forgot you are using a laptop. Upgrading drivers on a laptop can get a bit dicey. It's best to use the manufacturers drivers, because they sometimes put things together in a non-standard manner and the drivers directly from Nvidia don't work properly. On my last 2 laptops, the WHOL drivers have worked without any problems. Just make sure, you should set a restore point before upgrading in case the upgrade doesn't work, then you can easily restore your system back to it's original state.

If I had read that the other night before downloading the latest version, I probably would have been too faint of heart to try :) I set a restore point first (as recommended on Nvidia's site with a pretty simple step by step that although it wasn't for Windows 8, I was able to follow the Win 7 instructions to still do it as they are similar enough that the system restore stuff is all in the same place for Win8), then charged ahead and updated to the latest drivers.

Seemed to work just fine, no ill effects, I'm happy to report.

I remembered there was a demo, so went and downloaded the demo for Octane for Carrara to give it a whirl and make sure it worked. I was surprised how quickly and easily the demo downloaded and installed, I guess I was expecting some massive multi gigabite file, but it was installed in a trice.

First let me say impressed I am by the automatic conversion of shaders to Octane, it really is superb in it's auto convert, probably one of the best autoconverters I've ever seen for any plugin. 90% of carrara scenes/textures won't really require any sort of texture tweaking or transformation to Octane textures at all, IMO, though of course being a meddler I probably will continue to tweak myself for best possible effect :)

I'm assuming the highlight/shininess values are translated into roughness and reflection values in Octane, though I could be wrong as I can see the reflection channel is also auto converted to Octane (do the values stack on each other?). I did find that it wasn't too happy with me when I check carrara's blurry reflections, managed to crash it when I did that, and honestly I don't think there's any need for blurry reflections checked in the carrara shaders, since octane uses real world lighting effects anyway it should automatically do blurry reflections based on the roughness and reflection levels I think.

I've also noticed that it seems the converter reads alpha channel for transparency, but the transparency channel itself doesn't seem to have much effect, so that results in a few tweaks to thinks like eyesurface and corneas for skin shaders, but nothing to big to correct.

One thing I'm a little dismayed at, and this is not at all Octane's fault, but I was hoping for a tremendous speed burst in rendering in Octane. While it is light years faster than Luxus (for comparison) and I expected it would be, I seem to get a quick burst of rendering at the outset then it sets in to a medium level render with lots of fireflies and slowly resolves from there. This is no doubt a function of the fact I'm rendering on a laptop with only a 740M NVidia card, I think, and I should have expected this. I'm used to rendering gpu + cpu in thearender, and it's very quick as a function of the fact it's using the cpu too, and not just the gpu. I have a pretty good cpu (4th generation i7 with 8 cores), and I think up til now it's masked the fact that I don't have a lot of oomph in my gpu (740m is a 2g NVidia for laptops, which is going to be a lot less than most desktops and even high rig laptops with better NVidia cards can do). So Octane isn't as fast as I was mentally thinking it would be in rendering, again not the fault of Octane itself but the limitations of my machine. I'm right there on the fence about whether it's fast enough for me to switch over from Thea or whether I need to buy a better rig (something with a Titan!) to make use of this. Exporting to obj, importing into Thea, and retexturing is a pain but I've gotten pretty quick at it, though I would love to abandon that approach for something quicker. I'll have to do a time trial on the same scene to see which way is more efficient (and I can see I just need a better rig, dangit)

I do really really love the way the octane shaders system works so well with the carrara shaders. For example when you convert a carrara shader to an octane shader, it keeps all the info of your carrara shader in a separate part of the shader, so you don't lose any of your settings, you're just adding octane materials to it, which is absolutely brilliant IMO.

Overall I'm very very impressed with this. I just wish I had a more robust gpu rig! :)

edited December 1969

I'm guessing that to do character skin, the best would be an octane mix of glossy (for the specular) and diffuse (for the transmission and medium channels for the sss). Anyone got any thoughts?

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    I'm guessing that to do character skin, the best would be an octane mix of glossy (for the specular) and diffuse (for the transmission and medium channels for the sss). Anyone got any thoughts?

I understand that with the plugin distribution there were a couple of shader sets, one for V4 which I did and one for G2F I think. Mine uses the same approach that you have suggested - although I have since started to modify my formula a little again! There are also some skin materials in the Octane Live database, some better than others. Remember that the LiveDB is an unregulated resource for user sharing of materials, so you will find good and not so good in there.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Sighman,

So I decided that I needed to spend some time with the Standalone version to get my legs a bit with Octane. After doing so there are a couple of things I;d like to mention about the Plug-in.

1. I really really like the node structure you've created. When I export the render target from OR4C and open it in the stand alone the nodes are all very nice, with names for all the mesh parts. Sweetness. Trying to learn how to do all that node stuff is daunting but necessary at some point down the line. Thanks to this plug-in I don't have to worry about it too much o0nce I get some feedback on how shaers operate in Carrara.

2. There is no undo button in the Standalone. Kind of mind boggling to be honest. But at least if I use the Plug-in I can undo from within Carrara and it seems to work within the OR4C.

3. There are several controls I do not yet understand. For example, I still do not see any explanation about what "Count" means in the Render Priority options. In Carrara, under Edit I see the option to set Octane Materials. However, I have yet to see what this tool does.

4. In the settings there are three Render Target parameters, Imager, Kernel, and Post Processing. This is great. But I think we should also have access to the Mesh dialogue. The reason I ask for this is because so far I still have failed to make sense of any of the Octane specific options within the Carrara shader room. This is a limitation of myself, as a well versed Carrara user wouldnt have this problem. In many ways, it is easier at this early stage for me to edit material directly within Octane, but he OR4C doesnt allow me to see shaders in the structure they are presented in the stand alone.

In fact, what I mean to suggest is that there should be a one click option. There should be the option to allow Carrara to convert the shader for you (which is what we currently have), and there should be the additional option for you to build the shader yourself using Octane's native language. The issue then becomes how to interface the Standalone set-up in the Carrara plug-in. Right now, it seems like the Octane controls in the Carrara shader system seem to be located in several different places. Wouldnt it be much easier if one could simply click on a simple icon that then takes the user out of the Carrara shader system and directly into the actual Octane shader system, with the various drop downs that go with it including diffuse, normal, bump, uv projection and the like organized exactly the way Octane stand alone organizes them and keeps them all in one place?

I still have a lot of basics to learn, so if my feedback so far is skewed too much by ignorance, I expect you will be wise enough to know that and not be affected by my musings. I am coming at this as someone clueless about Carrara and about Octane, as will be many new users when they jump on this band wagon so maybe I am a good test of how less savvy users might find this whole experience.

Any help you can provide me is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Rashad, If I have grasped what you want, you may well find that the Set Octane Materials command under the Edit menu is exactly what you have in mind. The plugin generally does a great job of auto-converting Carrara shaders to Octane materials, but as you say, you can't see the Octane material definition if done this way, and there are certainly times when you will want to get in a edit the Octane material directly. Using the Set Octane Materials generates the shader tree with the Octane material in it, based on your Carrara shaders, so in effect it makes the auto-conversion explicit so that you can then go in and edit it further to fine tune your materials, or perhaps use a Mix material to add SSS or other effects. Give it a try - select your object and then use the Set Octane Materials command and have a look at the shaders afterwards.

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    Rashad, If I have grasped what you want, you may well find that the Set Octane Materials command under the Edit menu is exactly what you have in mind. The plugin generally does a great job of auto-converting Carrara shaders to Octane materials, but as you say, you can't see the Octane material definition if done this way, and there are certainly times when you will want to get in a edit the Octane material directly. Using the Set Octane Materials generates the shader tree with the Octane material in it, based on your Carrara shaders, so in effect it makes the auto-conversion explicit so that you can then go in and edit it further to fine tune your materials, or perhaps use a Mix material to add SSS or other effects. Give it a try - select your object and then use the Set Octane Materials command and have a look at the shaders afterwards.

Ahhh. I will try this right away. Thanks Phil!

edited December 1969

Now that I've learned how to manage the camera in Carrara, I can now begin to adopt the OR4C as my primary interface with Octane. I must say, the plug-in approach is 100% more user friendly than Octane Standalone. It even appears that I'm getting better looking renders and faster times than I was achieving with the standalone and my novice understanding of its shader system, which indicates to me that Sighman has done a fantastic job optimizing the shaders under the hood for efficient rendering. Now more than ever, I am truly impressed by this product. To me this is miracle work. Fun fun!

• SighmanSighman Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

1. I really really like the node structure you've created. When I export the render target from OR4C and open it in the stand alone the nodes are all very nice, with names for all the mesh parts. Sweetness. Trying to learn how to do all that node stuff is daunting but necessary at some point down the line. Thanks to this plug-in I don't have to worry about it too much o0nce I get some feedback on how shaers operate in Carrara.

Thanks. I'm still tweaking it. If you have the 2.06.0051 build then the structure has changed a bit compared to previous versions.

2. There is no undo button in the Standalone. Kind of mind boggling to be honest. But at least if I use the Plug-in I can undo from within Carrara and it seems to work within the OR4C.

There is now. Get the 2.10 release.

3. There are several controls I do not yet understand. For example, I still do not see any explanation about what "Count" means in the Render Priority options. In Carrara, under Edit I see the option to set Octane Materials. However, I have yet to see what this tool does.

I don't actually know what the COUNT option for Render Priority means. I keep meaning to ask but I keep getting sidetracked...

4. In the settings there are three Render Target parameters, Imager, Kernel, and Post Processing. This is great. But I think we should also have access to the Mesh dialogue. The reason I ask for this is because so far I still have failed to make sense of any of the Octane specific options within the Carrara shader room. This is a limitation of myself, as a well versed Carrara user wouldnt have this problem. In many ways, it is easier at this early stage for me to edit material directly within Octane, but he OR4C doesnt allow me to see shaders in the structure they are presented in the stand alone. In fact, what I mean to suggest is that there should be a one click option. There should be the option to allow Carrara to convert the shader for you (which is what we currently have), and there should be the additional option for you to build the shader yourself using Octane's native language. The issue then becomes how to interface the Standalone set-up in the Carrara plug-in. Right now, it seems like the Octane controls in the Carrara shader system seem to be located in several different places. Wouldnt it be much easier if one could simply click on a simple icon that then takes the user out of the Carrara shader system and directly into the actual Octane shader system, with the various drop downs that go with it including diffuse, normal, bump, uv projection and the like organized exactly the way Octane stand alone organizes them and keeps them all in one place?

There are architecture reasons for doing it the way I do. The main reasons are saves and animations. Nodes have to exists in the Carrara shader system if you want to save them to the .car file. This also allows you to save shaders independently and load them from the Catalog/Shader Wizard. The LiveDB materials would not work otherwise. It is also possible to create materials in the standalone that you cannot represent in Carrara due to the way the node system works. This is a recognized limitation of the plugin.
    As for animations, you can keyframe almost anything in the Carrara shader tree. If the shaders existed outside of Carrara you would not be able to animate them.
    Finally, there are technical reasons not to expose an external Octane node system. You cannot sync changes made outside Carrara back to the Carrara shader tree. At least I have not found away to do it without crashing Carrara. This may change one day but not any time soon.
    edited December 1969

Sighman said:

Thanks. I'm still tweaking it. If you have the 2.06.0051 build then the structure has changed a bit compared to previous versions.

There is now. Get the 2.10 release.

I don't actually know what the COUNT option for Render Priority means. I keep meaning to ask but I keep getting sidetracked...

4. In the settings there are three Render Target parameters, Imager, Kernel, and Post Processing. This is great. But I think we should also have access to the Mesh dialogue. The reason I ask for this is because so far I still have failed to make sense of any of the Octane specific options within the Carrara shader room. This is a limitation of myself, as a well versed Carrara user wouldnt have this problem. In many ways, it is easier at this early stage for me to edit material directly within Octane, but he OR4C doesnt allow me to see shaders in the structure they are presented in the stand alone. In fact, what I mean to suggest is that there should be a one click option. There should be the option to allow Carrara to convert the shader for you (which is what we currently have), and there should be the additional option for you to build the shader yourself using Octane's native language. The issue then becomes how to interface the Standalone set-up in the Carrara plug-in. Right now, it seems like the Octane controls in the Carrara shader system seem to be located in several different places. Wouldnt it be much easier if one could simply click on a simple icon that then takes the user out of the Carrara shader system and directly into the actual Octane shader system, with the various drop downs that go with it including diffuse, normal, bump, uv projection and the like organized exactly the way Octane stand alone organizes them and keeps them all in one place?

There are architecture reasons for doing it the way I do. The main reasons are saves and animations. Nodes have to exists in the Carrara shader system if you want to save them to the .car file. This also allows you to save shaders independently and load them from the Catalog/Shader Wizard. The LiveDB materials would not work otherwise. It is also possible to create materials in the standalone that you cannot represent in Carrara due to the way the node system works. This is a recognized limitation of the plugin.
    As for animations, you can keyframe almost anything in the Carrara shader tree. If the shaders existed outside of Carrara you would not be able to animate them.
    Finally, there are technical reasons not to expose an external Octane node system. You cannot sync changes made outside Carrara back to the Carrara shader tree. At least I have not found away to do it without crashing Carrara. This may change one day but not any time soon.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, indeed your decisions so far seem sound and proper now that you've explained things. There's no getting around the fact that to make effective use of the Plug-in one needs a good understanding of Carrara, which I still do not have. It's interesting, because generally speaking the shader system in Octane is simpler, fewer parameters to concern oneself with. Instead of highlight, and shininess, and specularity, you simply have reflection in Octane and roughness. So for someone like me the unbiased material setup method is easier. But I do agree that it is important to keep it all working with Carrara on Carrara's terms especially for animations.

There indeed materials which are possible in the stand alone that will not be possible with the plug-in due to the way Carrara thinks. One area where I think direct Octane control would be preferred is anything involving sub surface scattering. The way Octane handles it and the way Carrara handle it are very different.

A couple of additional considerations:

1. In the plug-in we can see the elapsed render time. But in the Standalone we have both the elapsed time and the total render time we can expect for the scene. The estimated render time would be a very nice addition to OR4C for many practical reasons. Also useful for benchmarking.

2. The option to save the render to the clipboard is also currently missing. I don't like to occupy my hard drives with test renders but that is what will happen if I have to save out each test as a true image file.

Also, I downloaded the new 2.1 and indeed in Path Tracing it is in some cases 100% faster, other times more like 20% faster. But still faster which when quality loss isn't a concern, is always better.

Thanks so much for the incredible work you are doing Sighman, I sincerely hope you make a million buck off of this project.
    In some ways I think you may be helping to keep Carrara current and competitive. There is very little need for a super high end app anymore. You've made Carrara as good as Houdini!

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Hi Sighman,

Does the new release of Octane 2.1, require any changes to the plugin to expose any of the new rendering enhancements/options.??

Cheers,

S.K.

edited December 1969

1. In the plug-in we can see the elapsed render time. But in the Standalone we have both the elapsed time and the total render time we can expect for the scene. The estimated render time would be a very nice addition to OR4C for many practical reasons. Also useful for benchmarking.

2. The option to save the render to the clipboard is also currently missing. I don't like to occupy my hard drives with test renders but that is what will happen if I have to save out each test as a true image file.

1. I can add that.
    2. I can add that too.

Does the new release of Octane 2.1, require any changes to the plugin to expose any of the new rendering enhancements/options.??

The plugins are completely independent of the standalone and have to be maintained separately. I will be releasing a 2.1 version of the plugin in a few days.
    edited December 1969

Sighman said:

1. I can add that.
    2. I can add that too.

The plugins are completely independent of the standalone and have to be maintained separately. I will be releasing a 2.1 version of the plugin in a few days.

Sweet. While you are at it, how much of a challenge would it be to also add the spot render tools to the OR4C? Thanks Sighman!

edited December 1969

Sweet. While you are at it, how much of a challenge would it be to also add the spot render tools to the OR4C? Thanks Sighman!

It's on the list. But not the next release.
  • DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Been always curious about cloud rendering as an option and it seems that option is virtually now here. The potential for cloud rendering using Octane brings great possibilities for animators to a programme that's already such a powerful tool, and for carrara users, it really would be a great leveler. While Octane's Cloud Edition is still in the coming soon phase (apparently to run on X.io, their cloud streaming platform, I stumbled upon GPUBox (google it and find them on youtube) which makes it possible to render with Octane in the cloud using Amazon servers. The process for setting up your render instances on Amazon seems quite clunky, but the pricing seems interesting. It's even more interesting that Octane's cloud edition might come in cheaper. Really waiting with bated breath for that to be released. It would be really helpful not to have to shell out so much on buying GPUs or setting up your own render farm as an animator, if the project is small enough, then your onboard GPU should be able to handle it, and if it's big enough, then a modest budget for cloud rendering should take care of it. Either way with Octane and Carrara, one hopes to see more interesting works being churned out in this neighourhood, especially by hardy bunch of animators in the Carrara community.

edited December 1969

Been always curious about cloud rendering as an option and it seems that option is virtually now here. The potential for cloud rendering using Octane brings great possibilities for animators to a programme that's already such a powerful tool, and for carrara users, it really would be a great leveler. While Octane's Cloud Edition is still in the coming soon phase (apparently to run on X.io, their cloud streaming platform, I stumbled upon GPUBox (google it and find them on youtube) which makes it possible to render with Octane in the cloud using Amazon servers. The process for setting up your render instances on Amazon seems quite clunky, but the pricing seems interesting. It's even more interesting that Octane's cloud edition might come in cheaper. Really waiting with bated breath for that to be released. It would be really helpful not to have to shell out so much on buying GPUs or setting up your own render farm as an animator, if the project is small enough, then your onboard GPU should be able to handle it, and if it's big enough, then a modest budget for cloud rendering should take care of it. Either way with Octane and Carrara, one hopes to see more interesting works being churned out in this neighourhood, especially by hardy bunch of animators in the Carrara community.

Oh yeah, I am seriously looking forward to it as well!!!

edited December 1969

Sighman,

How well are Carrara's procedural elements translated to Octane? If for example I apply a wood grain texture from the Carrara library that uses noise generated by Carrara's internal procedural, can I expect it to look the same in Octane via OR4C? I have a wood texture now that I suspect is rendering as a uniform tan color with no visible ribbing, but it could well just be user error of some sort.

Also, how do I apply materials from the Octane Live database from within the Plug-in?

Thanks again for any help you can provide. I know you are busy!!!!

edited December 1969

Sighman,

How well are Carrara's procedural elements translated to Octane? If for example I apply a wood grain texture from the Carrara library that uses noise generated by Carrara's internal procedural, can I expect it to look the same in Octane via OR4C? I have a wood texture now that I suspect is rendering as a uniform tan color with no visible ribbing, but it could well just be user error of some sort.

Also, how do I apply materials from the Octane Live database from within the Plug-in?

Thanks again for any help you can provide. I know you are busy!!!!

Not at all I'm afraid. Octane only has a few procedural shaders and nothing like the lumber yard. Even the noise shaders are nothing like the Carrara Noise (Marble, Fractal, etc. produce very different results.) At some point in the future I hope to implement a set of baker shaders that will bake a Carrara Shader and send it to Octane as a texture map. In the future, it might even be possible to write script to create your own procedural shaders. But for now you need to bake your own textures or fiddle with the Octane Procedural Nodes to get what you want.

If you have downloaded the LiveDB materials then they are sitting in the Carrara Browser under Shaders->My Shaders->Live DB. You can also access them from the Presets Wizard.

SceneWizard.png
    552 x 401 - 116K
    edited December 1969

I noticed that among the list of the things the plugin translates directly from Carrara is refraction.

Oddly though I can't find refraction as an option on any of the Octane material shaders (specifically in specular and glossy materials from my reading over at the Octane manual they should be included). Am I just missing where the index of refraction option exists on these Octane materials? If there is no option for this yet, but the Carrara shader index can be read, than that may mean that some material settings (for example the cornea shader to an eye) would be better served to use the Carrara shader rather than attempt to set up an Octane material.

edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    I noticed that among the list of the things the plugin translates directly from Carrara is refraction.

Oddly though I can't find refraction as an option on any of the Octane material shaders (specifically in specular and glossy materials from my reading over at the Octane manual they should be included). Am I just missing where the index of refraction option exists on these Octane materials? If there is no option for this yet, but the Carrara shader index can be read, than that may mean that some material settings (for example the cornea shader to an eye) would be better served to use the Carrara shader rather than attempt to set up an Octane material.

It is in the material node. Some properties are not pins.
    IndexOfRefraction.png
    672 x 510 - 95K
    edited December 1969

Thanks Sighman! Now I feel a bit foolish for missing something so obvious... :)

edited December 1969

Sighman,
    Thanks again for directions on how to access the Live Database.

• rock livretterock livrette Posts: 53
    edited December 1969

Can't get backdrop or shadowcatcher work properly with the plugin.
    I'll be grateful for some hints.

edited September 2014

Can't get backdrop or shadowcatcher work properly with the plugin.
    I'll be grateful for some hints.

Check out my posts here: http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42637&p=204820#p204820
    Hope that helps some? :D

edited December 1969

Sighman,

Is it possible to add a tool to the Edit options called "Set Octane Camera?" In my mind this tool will work in a similar manner as Set Octane Material in that when selected the user can edit the camera with the same options as Octane Stand alone. Currently, I feel I am having a hard time getting the focus as I'd like and the controls in the stand alone are more flexible than the camera options in Carrara. Thanks.

edited December 1969

Sighman,

Is it possible to add a tool to the Edit options called "Set Octane Camera?" In my mind this tool will work in a similar manner as Set Octane Material in that when selected the user can edit the camera with the same options as Octane Stand alone. Currently, I feel I am having a hard time getting the focus as I'd like and the controls in the stand alone are more flexible than the camera options in Carrara. Thanks.

Please see the documentation for Cameras. All the Octane Camera settings are there.

http://render.otoy.com/manuals/Carrara/?page_id=468

• IamArtistXIamArtistX Posts: 119
    edited October 2014

I dropped a large chunk of change onto Octane, and by what ever god you believe in the results blow all my clothes off!!!! Not just my socks!!! :lol: :cheese:

One little thing is that they don't have a pdf of the manual, only online

Post edited by IamArtistX on
    edited October 2014

I dropped a large chunk of change onto Octane, and by what ever god you believe in the results blow all my clothes off!!!! Not just my socks!!! :lol: :cheese:

One little thing is that they don't have a pdf of the manual, only online

Here is some info on that for you: http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42007&p=200816&hilit=carrara+pdf#p200816

You can download the PDF version right here:http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42718
    ;)

• IamArtistXIamArtistX Posts: 119
    edited October 2014

I was expecting in the My Downloads section :p

Still at least I have easy reference to it now, Having a play on some older scenes :D

Edit - seeing as I cant post in that thread for some reason, and because not being able to click on the links in that PDF, likely due to them being images, I made a new version, click-able and everything.

You will require latest version of Adobe reader

Hope you dont mind, feel free to use this version if you like, dont want to step on any toes :)

http://www.artistxinc.com/wp-content/uploads/OctaneRender_for_Carrara_Manual.pdf

Not had the chance to make it a truly self contained PDF yet, I have much to do, but should Orion_Uk and Sighman not mind I will add it to the TODO list :-P

It wouldn't let me upload it here, no matter if I changed the extension, and its not a ply to get page views either :coolsmirk:

Post edited by IamArtistX on