Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• fullerdbfullerdb Posts: 30

On its own, simply enabling Daz-Deals in Incognito mode did not seem to do the trick. But now I am questioning my tests... I will keep an eye out and report back if I find something useful.

There's a known issue, at least in Chrome, where some people have to toggle incognito mode every time they open the browser. 

• N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 286

Hi all,

I'm seeing a ridiculous massive discount on many products that took place on 30 May 2022 including recent bundles (G8.1) up to 90% off. Is this correct? Was this a DAZ price glitch that set these massive discounts by mistake? I'm asking cause I usually compare what's the cheapest price the item has gone to make a decision on buying it or waiting for a better price. If this was a glitch (as in the price was not intentional) then is throwing me off with the missguided bias.

Here're few examples:

https://www.daz3d.com/ghosts-of-christmas-bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/face-mojo--facial-mocap-retargeting-genesis-3-and-8-bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/alessiah-nightmare-before-xmas-bundle

Can any one chime in and let me know?

Thanks in advance.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082

N00b4Ever said:

Hi all,

I'm seeing a ridiculous massive discount on many products that took place on 30 May 2022 including recent bundles (G8.1) up to 90% off. Is this correct? Was this a DAZ price glitch that set these massive discounts by mistake? I'm asking cause I usually compare what's the cheapest price the item has gone to make a decision on buying it or waiting for a better price. If this was a glitch (as in the price was not intentional) then is throwing me off with the missguided bias.

Here're few examples:

https://www.daz3d.com/ghosts-of-christmas-bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/face-mojo--facial-mocap-retargeting-genesis-3-and-8-bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/alessiah-nightmare-before-xmas-bundle

Can any one chime in and let me know?

Thanks in advance.

It's really hard to tell when something is a glitch and when it isn't. The first item on your list was at that very cheap price for about half an hour. The second one for close to an hour. The third one for four hours. 

Ati said:

It's really hard to tell when something is a glitch and when it isn't. The first item on your list was at that very cheap price for about half an hour. The second one for close to an hour. The third one for four hours. 

Thanks Ati. 

From my short experience buying heavily on DAZ, usually flash sales go for 4 hours or more. Base on that info in itself (only 1/2 hour, 1 hour, etc) makes me think some prices were indeed a glitch. I remember, if not mistaken by the end of 2019 (Q4?) there was an event with flash sales every 2 hours that lasted for several days back then. I've never seen anything like that again and I don't think 30 May was this case. 

Another question, how can i tell how long the price lasted? I'm guessing I cannot get that info from the DAZ deals addon only.

Thanks again.

N00b4Ever said:

Ati said:

Thanks Ati. 

From my short experience buying heavily on DAZ, usually flash sales go for 4 hours or more. Base on that info in itself (only 1/2 hour, 1 hour, etc) makes me think some prices were indeed a glitch. I remember, if not mistaken by the end of 2019 (Q4?) there was an event with flash sales every 2 hours that lasted for several days back then. I've never seen anything like that again and I don't think 30 May was this case. 

Another question, how can i tell how long the price lasted? I'm guessing I cannot get that info from the DAZ deals addon only.

Thanks again.

There are (or at least used to be) blink sales that are even shorter than the flash sales.

You can't directly tell from the addon how long a sale lasted.

Ati said:

There are (or at least used to be) blink sales that are even shorter than the flash sales.

You can't directly tell from the addon how long a sale lasted.

Ah yes Blink sales! That's the one I remember from Q4 2019. Never seen one since then.

Cheers. 

Oh btw, any chance we can have a "hide DAZ+ items" option? There are certain times I don't want to see those items. 

Cheers.

N00b4Ever said:

Oh btw, any chance we can have a "hide DAZ+ items" option? There are certain times I don't want to see those items. 

Cheers.

There's already a filter for that. It's not a checkbox, but a text link right under the number of items in the category. 

• fullerdbfullerdb Posts: 30

Just checking in to confirm that toggling the Enable in Incognito Mode option is indeed required to enable Daz-Deals for me, as in the mentioned known issue. Any fix in sight?

fullerdb said:

On its own, simply enabling Daz-Deals in Incognito mode did not seem to do the trick. But now I am questioning my tests... I will keep an eye out and report back if I find something useful.

There's a known issue, at least in Chrome, where some people have to toggle incognito mode every time they open the browser. 

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 505

This morning, Daz Deals disappeared from the active extensions on Chromium Edge and Google Chrome. When I investigated, I saw it was inactive with a note "This extension violates the Chrome Web Store policy." I was able to turn it back on, but had to go to "manage extensions" in both browsers to do so.

I also did a search in the Chrome Web Store and the extension no longer appears.

Just wanted to let people know in the event that they experience the same issue.

Thanks for letting us know. I'll let @Overdrawn know so he can check why this might be.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Chezjuan said:

This morning, Daz Deals disappeared from the active extensions on Chromium Edge and Google Chrome. When I investigated, I saw it was inactive with a note "This extension violates the Chrome Web Store policy." I was able to turn it back on, but had to go to "manage extensions" in both browsers to do so.

I also did a search in the Chrome Web Store and the extension no longer appears.

Just wanted to let people know in the event that they experience the same issue.

Same.

I stopped by Daz to check the sales.  Immediately noticed that Daz Deals didn't seem to be working, went to toggle igconito to make it work again, found the add-on is gone, when to add the extension again, and it is gone. Googling yields this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/daz-deals/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc?hl=en

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,323

Chezjuan said:

Same for me 

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 268

Yes, I am having the same issue.. I can see I am not alone.  Here is hoping DAZ finds a way to just make this feature a permanent part of the Website!

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,903

I'm using Edge and it's not working there either. 

@Overdrawn is looking into this, to see if we got any notification about why this is.

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 476

Thanks Ati!

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

I've started using the email notifications feature of the DAZ Deals plug-in, and it's incredibly useful -- by which I mean that it has allowed me to spend approximately the GDP of Tanzania buying 3D content that I don't need.

I've noticed, however, that while it usually does a great job at NOT mailing me with notifications about products that I already own, there are a handful of products where it gets it wrong. For example, I just received a notification that some items on my wishlist are on sale (Grassy Grove, KA Forest FX, Nisse HD for Genesis 8.1 Female, dForce Woodland Witch Outfit for Genesis 8.1 Females and Nessa for Genesis 8.1 Female). These items were indeed on my wishlist ... but I own them all. This is the second time that this has happened with these items, which seem to be the only ones that this happens to. If I remember correctly, they were all released on the same day.

It's a minor niggle, and I can easily fix it (by opening up my wishlist, unchecking "Hide Items I Own", and removing the items in question). But I thought I should mention this here just in case it's a bug that affects other users.

bytescapes said:

I've started using the email notifications feature of the DAZ Deals plug-in, and it's incredibly useful -- by which I mean that it has allowed me to spend approximately the GDP of Tanzania buying 3D content that I don't need.

I've noticed, however, that while it usually does a great job at NOT mailing me with notifications about products that I already own, there are a handful of products where it gets it wrong. For example, I just received a notification that some items on my wishlist are on sale (Grassy Grove, KA Forest FX, Nisse HD for Genesis 8.1 Female, dForce Woodland Witch Outfit for Genesis 8.1 Females and Nessa for Genesis 8.1 Female). These items were indeed on my wishlist ... but I own them all. This is the second time that this has happened with these items, which seem to be the only ones that this happens to. If I remember correctly, they were all released on the same day.

It's a minor niggle, and I can easily fix it (by opening up my wishlist, unchecking "Hide Items I Own", and removing the items in question). But I thought I should mention this here just in case it's a bug that affects other users.

It notifies you of items in your wishlist. If you have owned items in your wishlist, it will still notify you because they are still in your wishlist. It's best to remove owned items from the wishlist the way you mentioned. (That's the normal behavior of the store, actually, to remove the bought items from your wishlist, but it seems to miss doing it in some cases.)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Any news on the add-on?  And a question: On the Product Library page, there were thumbnails of all the products in the list on the right side.  Now, that's gone.  Was that also part of the add-on?

Dana

DanaTA said:

Any news on the add-on?  And a question: On the Product Library page, there were thumbnails of all the products in the list on the right side.  Now, that's gone.  Was that also part of the add-on?

Dana

Yes, that's part of the addon.

See the above posts on how to turn it back on.

It looks like we need to fill out some additional documents to be able to list anything in the stores. Overdrawn is on it.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but just upgraded Chrome and received the followin error related to the browser add-on

On

This extension violates the Chrome Web Store policy.

Description

Daz3D.com Deals Shopping Helper

Version

Size

4.0 MB

Tugpsx said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but just upgraded Chrome and received the followin error related to the browser add-on

On

This extension violates the Chrome Web Store policy.

Description

Daz3D.com Deals Shopping Helper

Version

Size

4.0 MB

Thank you for letting us know. We're working on this. See the above posts on how to turn it back on. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

Ati said:

DanaTA said:

Dana

Yes, that's part of the addon.

See the above posts on how to turn it back on.

It looks like we need to fill out some additional documents to be able to list anything in the stores. Overdrawn is on it.

That's a very nice feature!  I like it a lot!

I did what you said.  I wonder, will it turn off again the next time I boot up?

Thank you!

Dana

• jim_doriajim_doria Posts: 113

Oh no! I've gotten in the habit of uninstalling the add-on each time I want to use it, since it only seems to work when it's newly installed. I've been doing a 3 step - 1 uninstall - 2 re-install - 3 sign in. 

But now step 2 is gone! =8-0 I hope this gets cleared up soon and Daz Deals returns to the Chrome Extension Store.

jim_doria said:

Oh no! I've gotten in the habit of uninstalling the add-on each time I want to use it, since it only seems to work when it's newly installed. I've been doing a 3 step - 1 uninstall - 2 re-install - 3 sign in. 

But now step 2 is gone! =8-0 I hope this gets cleared up soon and Daz Deals returns to the Chrome Extension Store.

If you experience the issue of the addon not working after a browser restart, you don't need to reinstall it to get it working again. Just go to the addon settings, and toggle "Allow in incognito mode." (It doesn't matter what it's set to, it's the changing of the setting that is the point here.) That will get it working again without reinstalling.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Ati said:

jim_doria said:

If you experience the issue of the addon not working after a browser restart, you don't need to reinstall it to get it working again. Just go to the addon settings, and toggle "Allow in incognito mode." (It doesn't matter what it's set to, it's the changing of the setting that is the point here.) That will get it working again without reinstalling.

I can confirm that the toggle works just fine. 

The browser-store issues seem to be sorted.

• Do we know what browser-store TOS issue got the pluggin yeeted? 0o

Anyway, good that things are back to normal.

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Do we know what browser-store TOS issue got the pluggin yeeted? 0o

The absence of some new regulatory information. These have now been filed, and we're good to go. No changes in the addon itself.