Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Now that I am no longer in Daz+, I can't see the prices on the end of the graph (current price). It is truncated on the right. I don't know if that has anything to do with the two graphs being displayed now, or if the truncation is a coincidence. This is in Firefox.

Daz Deals has completely stopped working for me in Chrome again. I haven't yet tried to reinstall the extension.
    Chrome is up to date
    Version 100.0.4896.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Daz Deals Price Not Showing Firefox.jpg
    454 x 166 - 13K
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,081

barbult said:

Now that I am no longer in Daz+, I can't see the prices on the end of the graph (current price). It is truncated on the right. I don't know if that has anything to do with the two graphs being displayed now, or if the truncation is a coincidence. This is in Firefox.

Does this happen with every product? If you reload the page, does anything change?

Daz Deals has completely stopped working for me in Chrome again. I haven't yet tried to reinstall the extension.

You can try the "toggle incognito mode" workaround so you don't have to reinstall it. Click the "puzzle" icon in the top right part of the browser, then Manage extensions. Click "Details" on the Daz-Deals plugin, and toggle the "Allow in Incognito" setting. It doesn't matter what it's on, just change it to the opposite of what it is now. That should make the addon work again without having to reinstall it.

Ati said:

barbult said:

Does this happen with every product? If you reload the page, does anything change?

You can try the "toggle incognito mode" workaround so you don't have to reinstall it. Click the "puzzle" icon in the top right part of the browser, then Manage extensions. Click "Details" on the Daz-Deals plugin, and toggle the "Allow in Incognito" setting. It doesn't matter what it's on, just change it to the opposite of what it is now. That should make the addon work again without having to reinstall it.

Yes, the chopped of graph display happens on all products.  Screen refresh doesn't fix it. My browser zoom size setting is default 100% and my Windows scaling is 100%. I have a UHD monitor size. If I scale the browser zoom size down a couple notches, making the text very small, I can see the price popups and the days that were cut off the end of the graph at default text size.

The incognito trick worked to get Daz Deals back in Chrome. Thanks for the reminder and the clear instructions. Now the chopped off graph happens in Chrome, too.

The price graph truncation only started happening after I dropped out of Daz+ and started getting both the red and blue graphs, but I don't know if that is significant.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

Tip: You can get to the incognito switch faster in Chrome if you use the puzzle piece to pin the add-on to the UI. Then, whenever you open Chrome, all you have to do is right click the add-on icon and select manage extension.

• Quasar said:

Tip: You can get to the incognito switch faster in Chrome if you use the puzzle piece to pin the add-on to the UI. Then, whenever you open Chrome, all you have to do is right click the add-on icon and select manage extension.

I use that all the time... It would be nice though if that wouldn't be necessary anymore...  ;) 

• Daz Deals has completely stopped working for me in Chrome again. I haven't yet tried to reinstall the extension.

You can try the "toggle incognito mode" workaround so you don't have to reinstall it. Click the "puzzle" icon in the top right part of the browser, then Manage extensions. Click "Details" on the Daz-Deals plugin, and toggle the "Allow in Incognito" setting. It doesn't matter what it's on, just change it to the opposite of what it is now. That should make the addon work again without having to reinstall it.Tha

Thank you for this tip. You just saved me much aggravation! 

• JimbotiniJimbotini Posts: 44

I don't know if this was mentioned already, but what would be really handy is if the graph of price over time on the product page could inculde the percent discount on it.  It seems like that could be a simple calculation, even precalculated and stored with the data that populates the graph.

And any chance the DAZ folks are watching this and might just add some of these features to their site... ?   Things like only showing/hiding some set of products like PC+ or wishlisted items.  I'm regularly on an iPad or iPhone and can't utilize this extension.

Jimbotini said:

I don't know if this was mentioned already, but what would be really handy is if the graph of price over time on the product page could inculde the percent discount on it.  It seems like that could be a simple calculation, even precalculated and stored with the data that populates the graph.

That's something I started working on, but got a little sidetracked by ... stuff.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited May 2022

...hmm just noticed I'm not seeing the pricing graph for Daz Deals on product pages.  

ETA:

Don't see the "Only Wishlist" filter on sale pages anymore either .

Post edited by kyoto kid on

kyoto kid said:

...hmm just noticed I'm not seeing the pricing graph for Daz Deals on product pages.  

ETA:

Don't see the "Only Wishlist" filter on sale pages anymore either .

If the addon is still there and all of these features are enabled, then please see if the "toggle incognito" workaround has any effect. Right-click the extension icon in the browser, choose "Manage extension," and toggle the "Allow in Incognito" setting (change it to the opposite of whatever it is now).

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

...OK that worked, thanks. 

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063

Ati - any status change on hiding prroducts in the store? I'm still seeing everything, to the point I don't bother looking at any offers that have more than 5 pages of products. Too much chaff, not enough wheat.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited May 2022

@Ati, Just want to say thanks for an awesome addition to the store. This plug-in has become a staple for viewing the store and using the incognito toggle has become second nature when the feature disappears from the browser (an effort well worth learning). 
    I don't shop without this add-on anymore, it has made for a much better experience.

The price history feature - awesome

The wishlist customization - stellar 

The  sales notifications - love it

The added store filters - can't do without 

This add on has become a daily ritual. 
    A huge THANKS! 

Post edited by Tugpsx on

namffuak said:

Ati - any status change on hiding prroducts in the store? I'm still seeing everything, to the point I don't bother looking at any offers that have more than 5 pages of products. Too much chaff, not enough wheat. 

After the recent store engine changes, hiding products only influences notifications, and does not work in the store itself. Rewriting this for the new engine, and better speed is on my todo list. Until then, a good way to approach bigger sales is to use the wishlist filter.

• So, I just noticed that none of the additional functionalities of the plugin show up when I do a search in the shop... Is that by design, a limitation of the shop, or just broken?

I wanted to see what food items I already own, so I searched for 'food', with the intention to check 'only show owned', but that wasn't there...  wink

daisuki.nekomusume said:

So, I just noticed that none of the additional functionalities of the plugin show up when I do a search in the shop... Is that by design, a limitation of the shop, or just broken?

I wanted to see what food items I already own, so I searched for 'food', with the intention to check 'only show owned', but that wasn't there...  wink

The search page is different from the rest of the shop. We haven't gotten around to adding these features there. :(

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909

Ati said:

The search page is different from the rest of the shop. We haven't gotten around to adding these features there. :(

That woud be a major improvement on the current Search.

• Ati said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

So, I just noticed that none of the additional functionalities of the plugin show up when I do a search in the shop... Is that by design, a limitation of the shop, or just broken?

I agree with the previous poster that that would be a great improvement, but at least for now I know it's not a bug or anything!  ;)

Have a nice weekend all y'all! 

• AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 639
    edited May 2022

I may well be doing something silly, and I should really have mentioned this before. It seems to be using a very old version of my wishlist. Is there something I need to do to make it refresh? Thanks!

(But it's a great service and I can't thank you enough!)

Post edited by AndrewJJP on

AndrewJJP said:

I may well be doing something silly, and I should really have mentioned this before. It seems to be using a very old version of my wishlist. Is there something I need to do to make it refresh? Thanks!

You can either turn on automatic syncing (Addon options -> Email Notifications -> Allow automatic update) or sync your wishlist manually after you make a purchase, add items to it, or remove something from it. To sync manually, go to the wishlist page on the regular Daz website, and click the blue "Sync wishlist" button on the right side of the "My Wishlist" header at the top.

• AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 639

Ati said:

AndrewJJP said:

You can either turn on automatic syncing (Addon options -> Email Notifications -> Allow automatic update) or sync your wishlist manually after you make a purchase, add items to it, or remove something from it. To sync manually, go to the wishlist page on the regular Daz website, and click the blue "Sync wishlist" button on the right side of the "My Wishlist" header at the top.

Thanks so much!

Important announcement. Please read!

Our affiliate status has been terminated. This means we no longer receive any commissions after the sales that result from our email notifications.

The upkeep of the infrastructure behind the browser extension and the email notifications costs several hundred dollars each month, and this is something we cannot pay out of our own pockets.

We have two options.

Option one is to shut down the notifications and all database-related parts of the addon. This includes all email notifications (wishlist notifications, new sales, fastrgab items, top discounted items of the day, new items of the day, best prices, individually set per-item notifications, gallery notifications, etc.), price history, links to gallery images and forum posts, filters for required items and addons, wishlist restoration, etc.

Option two is to find another way to cover at least our operating costs.

We are still hoping to work out a new collaboration with Daz, but for now, we're on our own.

After weeks of deliberation among ourselves, we've decided to try to keep our service alive by introducing a subscription service—and we'll see if that's enough.

We'll keep basic functions of the extension free, but anything database- and notification-related will have to become part of a "pro" package. We'll share more details about the full feature list as we calculate the costs, etc.

We realize that since the whole point of what we do was to help you save money, this is kind of against everything we've done in the past six years. :-/ But it's either this, or shutting down major parts of the addon.

We'll let you know when we've set up the subscription option, and we'll probably be sharing additional information as we go along.

We still have enough money to keep everything up and running for the next few weeks, so we're not planning any sudden or thoughtless steps—but we did want to let you know what's been going on in the background lately, and what we're planning in the very near future.

Thank you for your continued support!

Can you say WHY your affiliate status was terminated? Does Daz not appreciate you saving us money? Things here just keep getting less inviting all the time.
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,786

Aww, that stinx!  sad  I don't use the notification system, but I'm sure its a great benefit both to DAZ and to those who use it....

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

I really appreciate the DAZ+ and PA coupon things.  It makes shopping for coupon use much more friendly.  Will that remain free use?  I don't spend enough for the other things to mean much at this time...not really that much money to spend.

Dana

Daz Deals has been a real help. I hope it can stay alive. But I certainly understand if Daz pulling the plug on referral commisions means the end of some features.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,648

That's unfortunate, but i understand completely. I don't use any of the notification things, but they seem useful for others. Have you considered using Patreon for the subscription part?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,159

Ati said:

Option one is to shut down the notifications and all database-related parts of the addon. This includes all email notifications (wishlist notifications, new sales, fastrgab items, top discounted items of the day, new items of the day, best prices, individually set per-item notifications, gallery notifications, etc.), price history, links to gallery images and forum posts, filters for required items and addons, wishlist restoration, etc.

If all that stuff goes away, what exactly would be left of Daz Deals?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063

zombietaggerung said:

That's unfortunate, but i understand completely. I don't use any of the notification things, but they seem useful for others. Have you considered using Patreon for the subscription part?

I'll second that.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited May 2022
    Thanks again for all your hard work on this plugin. I signed up to be notified of wishlist pricing, and it works, but I'm getting notified about products that I already purchased. Will syncing my wishlist fix that? Thanks! I'm using Chrome on a Windows 10 PC.
    Post edited by dawnblade on