Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• XtroXtro Posts: 37
    Hi all, I've been lurking on here for sometime now. I first originally discovered 3D rendering with Poser6 around 2007 and spent a good few years learning Poser. However back around when Poser9 came out and the new Daz Genesis figures were a pain in the ass to work with within Poser (due to Daz genesis figures no longer supporting Poser back then) I decided to ditch Poser after getting very frustrated with the lack of great looking Figures/characters and the constant errors Poser was giving me on my old machine. Well, last year I notice Daz3D was free so I decided to give 3D another shot since I've been out of the rendering scene for a good few years and I've been hooked ever since using Daz3D. Was very shocked on how easy it was to learn the basics and also had very little problems with the interface were Poser was a pain in the ass. I definitely wish I went with Daz3D then starting out with Poser when I first discovered 3D rendering back on the day.
  • How do i load a Hero Factory shirt after the Selection Error box reads "This action requires an item within the scene to be selected Only"? 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2019
    ghkennard said:

How do i load a Hero Factory shirt after the Selection Error box reads "This action requires an item within the scene to be selected Only"? 

That message normally happemns when you selcet a texture set for an item, it needs you to select the actual clothing item first, then you can apply the texture set to it.

I am not finding anything in the store, do you have a link for what you are using, or trying to use.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Hey, I'm Rebecca! Brand new to Daz and 3D rendering in general.

I'm both an illustrator and a photographer by trade. I'd say I do pretty fair with drawing most times, but I'm certainly not an expert. I definitely wasn't at the level that I wanted to be to work on a graphic novel project I've had tossing inside my head for the past 20 years. While using a pair of figures to construct a scene, I vaguely remembered that Poser was a thing and decided to look it up to see if it would be a viable alternative to these very obviously anime-proportioned plastic figures. That's when I discovered Daz, and oh. my. goodness.

I'm in love. I have just enough skill in drawing and photography to get a scene that I want, do a quick render and translate the whole thing into my intended style without it looking like it came from a 3D render. With Photography I can set up the camera angles and lighting that I want and really get the scenes that I want to pop.

Many hurdles that I've struggled with are gone, and that gives me a renewed interest to reopen a project that I had almost left for dead.

I guess in that sense, I'm not as deep into the weeds as someone trying to come up with a perfect final render, but there is so much that I would love to learn. Eventually, I want to learn how to modify models (I guess that would be morphs?) to fine-tune some of the character aspects, but in the mean-time I am overall very happy with what I can already do with it.

Looking forward to meeting and learning from people!

• Hello, my name's Pete, and I've been using DAZ Studio since August.

It seems like there are a lot of friendly and helpful people here, so I decided I'm going to visit these forums more often. I also hope to share some of the projects I've been working on at a later date.

• Hello, my name is M shafiq and I've been using Daz for a few days Need To learn How to use

• Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

Hi, my name is Drak!

I was pointed to Daz Studio by the creator of a visual novel I recently played through which inspired me to try and create one of my own. I've always like telling stories and I've got a very vivid and sometimes twisted imagination. I like Meatloaf alot! Both the food and the musician! Wish me luck as I endeavor to learn the ins and outs of this program and as I try to create my visual novel!

Thank you,

Drakich

• My name is David.  Very new to Daz, using it for 3D printing oddly enough.  Have made a complete mess of my product files already and will no doubt be looking for ways to fix that at some point.

• jake_fjake_f Posts: 226
    edited January 2019

Hello! 

My real name is His Flatulence Sri Baba Bozo, and I'm the founder of Bozoism, the next great world religion.  I live with my many imaginary followers high in the mist covered peaks of Mount Felasco in North Florida in the Gullible Gals and Guys Ashram.   I am a great prophet, a sage, a mystic magician, a saint for the ages, a world historical figure, and a pretty darn good liar.  

If you should read this post my psychic powers will automagically turn you in to either a giant  farting leprechaun, a polka dotted Oriental fire-bellied toad, or a member of the U.S. Congress, I can never quite remember which.  Oops, too late, you're reading this, so, Voila!   No I'm sorry, I never learned the Undo feature of my psychic powers.

As you carefully read this amazingly useful post many many times please recall that the art of 3D is all about fantasy and that, like many creative people, I have more than a few screws loose.

Now take your giant farting leprechaun butt somewhere else if you would.  PUHLEEASE!!!!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Greetings from Reno, Nevada.

At the moment I am just a tinkerer.  Long work hours keep me from diving into the world of 3D too much for the time being.

I've got a zillion questions, but I will check the forums before getting too annoying.

Have a great day!!

Lonnie

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Greetings from Reno, Nevada.

At the moment I am just a tinkerer.  Long work hours keep me from diving into the world of 3D too much for the time being.

I've got a zillion questions, but I will check the forums before getting too annoying.

Have a great day!!

Lonnie

The New Users Forum is the best place to ask questions.  It is what it was designed for, to help New Users get to grips with things.smiley

• Hello I am Tara I am very new to the Daz Studio environment. A mentor in this arena would be great.

• Hi, my name is Mark. I do a lot of video editing and photoshop work, and have dabbled in 3D forever, but as we all know, it's a giant time consumer, but it can be fun. I'm much farther ahead in audio though, and that doesn't challenge graphics cards generally.

Speaking of graphics cards, I'm running Daz 3D on a late 2012 mac mini with quad i7, and most things are fine, but I'm assuming that since parts of the NVIDIA Iray engine is grayed out, that essentially my Intel graphics 4000 card is not running NIVIDIA IRAY at all. I wish this was clearer during the install. I'm rendering a scene and it looks pretty good, minus all the noise, but it seems pretty clear that this is not the optimal graphics card to say the least for this renderer.

So can someone tell me flat out that IRAY just doesn't work on my machine?

Also, where do I find the record in my account of what I've posted in these forums?

• starwarsorivusstarwarsorivus Posts: 25
    edited February 2019

Hi there.   Guess I'd fit where you'd say hobbyist except that this costly hobby is particularly slow moving for me and the fact I'm stuck in a sort of '2nd gear' in life so to speak means it'll continue moving slow.  Averse to taking plunges that won't pay off/back I guess.  :)   So I piecemeal it.  

I've learned to be a jack of many trades, though.  It's helped me to adapt to tough situations in life but on the downside I don't seem to have much time and energy for leisure pursuits that require substantial investment.  Alas, 3D has been continually catching my eye.  While I'm a believer in the proverb "The less you speak of your plans, the more likely you will do them", I do suppose interaction with community is an important thing in any pursuit.

Being someone born in the 80s and growing up in the 90s, I'm a fan of some popular-ish things which are getting old/long in the teeth at this point in 2019.  Guess my reasons for wanting to do 3D are fanart, to suppliment some storytelling, and hopefully creating content.  I own a copy of Zbrush core and am a believer in the Blender Cycles (helps having a friend whose used blender for 15+ years) and Source Filmmaker.   I also desre Poser, though I'm aware there's something of a...rivalry amid loyalist/puritan users of Daz and Poser.  I'm not up for brand/label warfare, so please, if you want to talk to me on these software subjects, dispense with your ego about it.  I've met people in both camps who've not been completely honest here.

I have a GTX980Ti graphics card, though my system is currently suboptimal for even running that GPU.    

IRL...I'm the owner of a housekeeping/caretaking/maintenance/snow removal business with a knack for repairing appliances.  I also work weekends in the summer at a beach resort as maintenance (really just a glorified trash man/handyman gig but the workplace has great scenery and people).  I get so sick of people telling me what I should do or try to draw me into their idea of a business.  Guess when you work, other people get ideas.  *Get off my lawn!!!* lol

I guess the reason I want to do anything is in hopes I'll produce works I can be proud of. 

Post edited by starwarsorivus on
  • taraleeandertaraleeander Posts: 0
    edited February 2019

Hello I am very new to Daz and any kind of art for that matter. For the longest time I have wanted to learn animation and  realistic art. So with a lot of encouragement 

I am here trying to figure all out. It would be great to make friends and mentors who know daz studio back and forth to help me with projects or get advice. My biggest confusion is well everything. Hope to get to know others around here! 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • *waves*

I've been a lurker on the forum for a while, and fell into Daz because of a deal on Dragons last Black Friday. No one warned me it could be quite this addictive!

I'm mainly doing it to make my own book covers, though 'just to make a good image' is coming out too.

• Hi I'm Dee.  I am brand new to DAZ and really want to know how to use it and start making things.  

Any tutorials for a NEWBIE would be appreciated. 

Even if someone would want to mentor me or coach me I'd be all in for that also.

• Ciao mi chiamo Alessandro e vorrei imparare Daz3d, vorrei creare una storia con 2/3 personaggi.

Qualche italiano qui?

grazie

ciao

• Hello ... my name is Icarus7z7 ... I'm new, but plan to kick some butt... . ..*.. jus'sayin'..*.. .

• Hello Everyone!

My Name is Scott and I'm looking to start my own store here on Daz. I studied 3D Modeling and Texturing at Gnomon School of Visual effects and I've been using 3D programs in depth for the last 8-10 years. I am excited to become a member of the community, yall seem like a nice bunch of folks ;) cya round!

• Greetings!  So I've basically been a content collecter off and on since I discovered DAZ in '05- but sadly, I'd never put the time in to actually learn how to USE the program successfully.  Until recently.  On the bright side, I now have a fantastic library of people, places and things to inspire me.  So far I have three "successful" renders under my belt- quite a few mediocre practice renders and a whole lot of crashes.  I've watched hours of tutorials, read tons of pdf instructions and still don't feel as if I've touched the surface.  But I'm determined.  I'll get there.  And then, maybe at some point, I'll even try my hand at content creation.  But for now, I really, really need a better computer.  So that's my next project, trying to figure out what will do the job and should I buy or build?  The whole reason I wanted to learn DAZ is so I can create my own scenes and models to use as reference and inspiration for my traditional art (painting and drawing).  Now I'm hooked and have added digital art to my "love to do" list.  Except for that crashing part- that sucks.

• Son of the RavenSon of the Raven Posts: 119
    edited March 2019

Greetings, my name is Brian, and I'm an alcoho..., um, I mean, I'm a wannabe pirate who lives on a boat in the Conch Republic (aka Florida Keys).

Preferred drinks include Irish Whiskey, good Rum (to be sipped not mixed), Vodka Martinis, Guinness, and Samuel Adams.

My main interest in 3d graphics is to illustrate fiction I write, and I'm interested in making some ren'py type games for fun and private education.

Once upon a time, 2002, I was introduced to Blender while living in the Netherlands, but I did not get into learning it much as my computer was not up to the demanding requirements. A few years later, I got Bryce, Poser, Daz, etc and especially liked Bryce, however, rendering was still a bit too demanding [and time consuming] for my computer at the time. Now I'm using a computer that can handle rendering much better and have decided it's time to actually start learning and using these tools.

Current skill with these programs: total newbie!

Also, I'm a Mac user, so I'm begging for something to be done to make Bryce work again.

Any advice anyone cares to send my way (so long it's not snarky time wasting advice like switch to windoze ;-)) is greatly appreciated.

I will look for the proper thread for this problem I'm having, but might as well mention it here: just bought the HMS Victory but cannot figure out how to use it - it does NOT show up in the props list - only finding it in Vehicles-->Materials. [edit: figured it out, was under products]

Best regards and fine whiskey to all!

Post edited by Son of the Raven on
  • Hello, I'm Elizabeth, a newbie.  I want to learn to create fantastical creatures for my artwork.  So happy to have found this forum.

• TrelliganTrelligan Posts: 56

Hello, I'm Trelligan and I'm a Daz3d buyer. <Polite pity applause>

"Hey Daddy, what's that whooshing sound?"
    "Son, that's your college fund going to Daz3d's coffers."

I just saw Auto Shape Enhancer for G8F. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for G8M?

(Hope I did the forum stuff right; there's no preview here!)

• workfbworkfb Posts: 0

I'm very knew.  I want too order a few things, but I don't know how the products work, or how the installations happen.  Is it simply copying and pasting files to be incorporated into folders and then restarting?

• M0bil3DM0bil3D Posts: 9
    edited May 2022

Hello, I'm a hobbyist who publishes under the username M0bil3D. I decided to join the forums today because I recently realised that there are some things that I could use some help with in DAZ Studio. I hope that I can find the answers I need, maybe even give something back, and possibly make some new acquaintances along the way. smiley

Post edited by M0bil3D on
  • Hello:I'm Enrique from México. I'm a total newbie in 3D not just on this platform. So... I have lots of questions but I'm really happy to get on in this new stage of my artistic development.

Hola. Me llamo Enrique y soy de México. Soy un completo novato en 3D no solamente en esta plataforma. De modo que aunque tengo muchas preguntas en realidad estoy muy contento de iniciar esta nueva etapa de mi desarrollo artístico.

Saludos desd la mística Xaman Ha

• Hello my name is Bobbi and a complete noob to rendering as I was active in a 3d virtual platform and now am excited to learn how to create them ~ 

• t0mgt0mg Posts: 48

Hello, I'm Tomas, from far the sourthern part of South America. I've been playing with Daz for some years now, but only until recently I've feel comfortable enough with my results to share some on my gallery. I like photorealism, lighting and honestly, just boring "studio like" renders :) First post here, but have been lurking here for a while.