Daz Studio 4.14 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• FFFF Posts: 8
    edited November 2020

Please render a scene which falls back to CPU, and attach the full log

Sure. This scene fails to CPU after 17%, I used only RTX 2080 to render it.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • cajhincajhin Posts: 154

Log looks good to me (other than the Optix failure of course).

The only time I've seen this error recently was with iRay section planes (there's a new bug). Do you use any of those in your scene?

edited November 2020
    cajhin said:

The only time I've seen this error recently was with iRay section planes (there's a new bug). Do you use any of those in your scene?

Yes, in fact I use it with my Camera. It seems that when I delete it render works corretly. Strangely some other scenes where I use iRaysection planes as well, renders normally with them. 

I think this was the cause of this GPU to CPU fall. I hope they fix this bug soon - I use this iRay section planes with 95% of my renders....

Thank you for your help.

Post edited by FF on
  • FF said:
    cajhin said:

Yes, in fact I use it with my Camera. It seems that when I delete it render works corretly. Strangely some other scenes where I use iRaysection planes as well, renders normally with them. 

I think this was the cause of this GPU to CPU fall. I hope they fix this bug soon - I use this iRay section planes with 95% of my renders....

Thank you for your help.

There is a workaround: select the Iray Section Plane Node in the scene, then in Render Settings, under Section Objects change the Section Caps Enabled to On.

FF said:
    cajhin said:

Thank you for your help.

There is a workaround: select the Iray Section Plane Node in the scene, then in Render Settings, under Section Objects change the Section Caps Enabled to On.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, you're a lifesaver DoctorJellybean 

• Regarding the last update, I'm facing to a difficulty, I can launch the programm and us it perfectly, but if I quit the programm and open it later...I can't. To open it again, I have to stop task in the task manager of windows??? Do you have identified this issue? or amI doing something wrong? Thank you for your help (DAZ 4.14.0.8 64 bits Win 10 PRO - I9 / RTX 2080Ti /64 go RAM)

• Regarding the last update, I'm facing to a difficulty, I can launch the programm and us it perfectly, but if I quit the programm and open it later...I can't. To open it again, I have to stop task in the task manager of windows??? Do you have identified this issue? or amI doing something wrong? Thank you for your help (DAZ 4.14.0.8 64 bits Win 10 PRO - I9 / RTX 2080Ti /64 go RAM)

You can try the following as posted by Richard earlier:

You can greatly reduce, possibly eliminate, the risk of it sitting there doing nothing by opening the Aux Viewport (from Window>Panes(Tabs)) and disabling the IPR Toolbar in the options menu (the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab). One that is done you can leave the Aux Viewport closed.

The latest Public Build fixes that issue.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106
    Grim-Red said:
    3DRT said:

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with 4.14 where after exiting Studio, a background process keeps running and needs to be killed via Task Manager?

It is a known issue, which is currently being investigated. That said, wait a few mins or so for it to closes gracefully.

I am afraid not. Hours after closing with the "X" button, DAZ 4.14 won't restart, the only way to close it is the task manager or restarting the computer. I wanted to try Filament too, but i can't find a single tab that allows me to actually launch a render with it aside for the preview. I tad confusing. Looks interesting, but confusing.

With your working window set to Filament, go to Render settings and set the Render Engine to Viewport. Note: Transparencies don't work. You'll also need to increase your exposure level. Actually, just watch this short video. It explains it pretty well:

• so, did the IRAY engine get deleted on 4.14 general release?  Mine disappeared.  I prefer IRAY 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

so, did the IRAY engine get deleted on 4.14 general release?  Mine disappeared.  I prefer IRAY 

It's still there.

• so, did the IRAY engine get deleted on 4.14 general release?  Mine disappeared.  I prefer IRAY 

It's still there.

It does require a more recent driver, however

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited December 2020

Is there another update to DS 4.14? I installed the new version a couple of weeks ago and now it is again showing today showing up in my DIM Product up dates. Is that a glitch or do I need to update again?

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Is there another update to DS 4.14? I installed the new version a couple of weeks ago and now it is again showing today showing up in my DIM Product up dates. Is that I glitch or do I need to update again?

Yes, it has been updated to 4.14.0.10

• I had 4.14.0.8 installed previously.  I was offered the new update.  After downloading and installing it has removed the launch icon, and put a 97k exe file which now does nothing.

How do I get my Daz3d back please?

Harry.

• After fiddling about and restarting DIM I saw an install item - his seems to have worked.

This is confusing - and I need to check to see what has survived.

Harry.

• MediacMediac Posts: 18
    edited December 2020

Would be really awesome if;

1. DAZ would install from either DIM or DC (neither work)

2. DAZ had Filament on a mac

3. I could actually use the products I have paid for!  They are all 'missing' even though DIM and DC report they are all installed.

4. If anyone from DAZ would respond to any of my technical support requests (I think 3-4 weeks is poor ar best and still no responses)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 2020
    Mediac said:

Would be really awesome if;

1. DAZ would install from either DIM or DC (neither work)

2. DAZ had Filament on a mac

3. I could actually use the products I have paid for!  They are all 'missing' even though DIM and DC report they are all installed.

4. If anyone from DAZ would respond to any of my technical support requests (I think 3-4 weeks is poor ar best and still no responses)

Let me make sure I understand what you're saying:

1) You can install content using DIM, but you cannot install Daz Studio using DIM?  What happens when you try?

3) Can you post the content installation path from DIM (and Daz Central, if they're different), and the Content Directory Manager with all sections expanded from Daz Studio?  Are they missing in Smart Content, Content Library > Products/Categories, Content Library > Daz Studio Formats/Poser Formats, or all three?

Post edited by Chohole on
  • kalazarkalazar Posts: 415
    kalazar said:

I cannot get this new verison to work! I try to build a scene eq I have Genesis 8 male in scene, I go to add clothes. I click on, say, pants and I get thrown out of the program. I tried to use smart content to install contnt I get thrown out. Soooo I downloaded a new copy of studio  I tried smart content again. Tried to log in and out I go It won;t acknowledge anything. What am I doing wrong? I have a new computer running Win10, my firewall is good. Since the 'puter is 2 days old Daz is basically the only program on it. Any advice will be appreciated

What do you mean get thrown out? Please attach the log, which is at the following location (Windows):

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\log.txt

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    2M
  • 3DRT said:

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with 4.14 where after exiting Studio, a background process keeps running and needs to be killed via Task Manager?

Yes, I have the same issue, also I am finding that it can't assett files too... frankly the update appears to have broken my daz.

• 3DRT said:

Yes, I have the same issue, also I am finding that it can't assett files too... frankly the update appears to have broken my daz.

The 4.14.0.10 update should fix the shutdown issue.

• So 4.14.0.10 tried to install.

It failed, because I can run 4.14.0.08, but the interface on that version is now broken. Everything is white, and toolbars have disappeared.

I tried to figure out how to uninstall and reinstall Daz using DIM, but the Daz Studio Pro product isn't listed even if I search for the SKU. It doesn't appear in downloads, or in any other tab.

So I tried to download the package from the product page.

Ran the installer, and it hangs on the CMS installation.

Tried to run it as admin, and I get an error that the installer couldn't extract the Postgres package.

So right now, I can't do anything in Daz.

P.S. I can use the public beta fine, but that doesn't come with Keymate enabled, so I can't animate anything.

• Envixer said:

So 4.14.0.10 tried to install.

It failed, because I can run 4.14.0.08, but the interface on that version is now broken. Everything is white, and toolbars have disappeared.

I tried to figure out how to uninstall and reinstall Daz using DIM, but the Daz Studio Pro product isn't listed even if I search for the SKU. It doesn't appear in downloads, or in any other tab.

Tried to run it as admin, and I get an error that the installer couldn't extract the Postgres package.

P.S. I can use the public beta fine, but that doesn't come with Keymate enabled, so I can't animate anything.

It seems that the original installation was done while an instance of DS was running. If it is listed as installed in the DIM Installed tab, uninstall it and make sure DS isn't running before re-installing it.

• Envixer said:

It seems that the original installation was done while an instance of DS was running. If it is listed as installed in the DIM Installed tab, uninstall it and make sure DS isn't running before re-installing it.

It's not listed anywhere. Not in Ready to download, not in Installed, not even in Ready to install. My bad, i thought I made that clear. I even searched for the SKU. It's just not there at all. 

• Envixer said:

I mean, if the manual installer wasn't broken, I'd be working happily now.

• Lum VLum V Posts: 16
    edited December 2020
    Envixer said:
    Envixer said:

It's not listed anywhere. Not in Ready to download, not in Installed, not even in Ready to install. My bad, i thought I made that clear. I even searched for the SKU. It's just not there at all. 

You have to shut down DAZ Studio in Task manager before you can update to the newest version.   I had the same problem.   If you are using Windows, hit Control/Alt/Delete to open up Task manager and look for DAZ Studio and stop it.   Then run the updater. 

Post edited by Lum V on
  • Lum V said:
    Envixer said:
    Envixer said:

You have to shut down DAZ Studio in Task manager before you can update to the newest version.   I had the same problem.   If you are using Windows, hit Control/Alt/Delete to open up Task manager and look for DAZ Studio and stop it.   Then run the updater. 

Tried that, too. Whether Daz is running or not doesn't affect the visibility of the update in DIM. I even did a fresh reboot and tried after checking my Task manager to make sure there was nothing from Daz running.

It is a really weird update -- I thought I'd closed out DAZ Studio before I ran the update, but I got the same strange white screen version that somebody else mentioned and for a moment I thought they'd moved DAZ Studio into the Cloud.  But I was able to find my saved WORKSPACE layout and then everything was fine.    My first download attempt failed because I had an instance of DS open in the background (which is the reason for this update -- DS would not shut down on its own when closed).   When I went into Task Manager and closed DS there, I went back to the Install Manager and installed the new version and then I could open DS again.  This previous version 4.14.08 was probably the buggest update to DS that I've ever seen and I've used DS since version 3.   I'm hoping 4.14.10 is better.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 740
    Lum V said:

It is a really weird update -- I thought I'd closed out DAZ Studio before I ran the update, but I got the same strange white screen version that somebody else mentioned and for a moment I thought they'd moved DAZ Studio into the Cloud.  But I was able to find my saved WORKSPACE layout and then everything was fine.    My first download attempt failed because I had an instance of DS open in the background (which is the reason for this update -- DS would not shut down on its own when closed).   When I went into Task Manager and closed DS there, I went back to the Install Manager and installed the new version and then I could open DS again.  This previous version 4.14.08 was probably the buggest update to DS that I've ever seen and I've used DS since version 3.   I'm hoping 4.14.10 is better.

This makes a lot of sense; by default DAZStudio doesn't allow multiple instances, the command line option to turn on instancing requires an "instance name" which is used to generate a copy of the base configuration data including the layout.  By default anything done to the layout in that session disappears next time.  In this case, however, even without the -instanceName command line argument 4.14.0.10 is most likely going to start up just fine even though 4.14.0.8 is still running.  Unfortunately at that moment both processes are using the same configuration directory; depending on how Daz opens the log files it might terminate or might just keep going, sharing files, at that point.

Envixer said:
    Lum V said:
    Envixer said:

Tried that, too. Whether Daz is running or not doesn't affect the visibility of the update in DIM. I even did a fresh reboot and tried after checking my Task manager to make sure there was nothing from Daz running.

Have you checked to see if DAZ is showing up in Windows as an installed program?    You should be able to download it and install it without DIM, at least to get you back up and running.   I wonder if it could be a display driver that is cauing the installation to freak out.   Perhaps its DIM that is messed up -- it is updated periodically as well, it could be an older version of DIM doesn't play well with 4.14.0.10.   I'm guessing the DIM is what is messing up the installation.   Can DIM be uninstalled and then reinstalled, then try to download and update DAZ?    You could create a new user identity at DAZ and enter that in a new (or reinstalled) version of DIM and that would generate a new user library...I think.    If DAZ is showing up with the other listed programs in Windows (It is in "APPS & FEATURES" in Windows 10) as an installed program, you might see if you could uninstall it via Windows.   DAZ uses Microsoft's Virtual C++ 2015-2019 program to run, so check in Windows' 'Apps & Features' to see if you have the correct C++ version.   I looked in my Apps & Features section and found DAZ Install Manager (64 bit) listed there, but, oddly, not DAZ Studio Pro, so my suggestion might not work at all.   I guess it only lists the DIM as DS was installed through it.   This whole thing is crazy -- DS is working on my computers, but from the 'weirdness' of the upgrade today, I think that 4.14.0.10 might be unstable as well.

• How can I switch this to dark mode??? Mine is white!