Daz Studio 4.14 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835

What to do, I installed daz 4.14.0.8  I can open it but when I close daz, then when I want open daz again it won't open, it opens only when I restart my computer.

• Sasje said:

What to do, I installed daz 4.14.0.8  I can open it but when I close daz, then when I want open daz again it won't open, it opens only when I restart my computer.

Open the Task Manager, and look for DAZ Studio as a background process. Right-click it and select Terminate. You'll then be able to open DS again without rebooting.

This has been fixed in the latest Public Build:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/449361/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-14-0-10-updated/p1

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    Sasje said:

Open the Task Manager, and look for DAZ Studio as a background process. Right-click it and select Terminate. You'll then be able to open DS again without rebooting.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/449361/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-14-0-10-updated/p1

Thank you :)

• Hi there,I havnt read all through this so I dont know if anyone has answered this...My question is what has happened to poses and expressions in this update?

I gave up trying to use filament after the 6th time it crashed,and went back to Iray.

The poses eventually sort themselves out after about 5 mins,but the expression dials just dont cope at all.This has taken using this program to endless waiting hell! Has anyone found a solution. Im working in plain textured view and rendering in Iray and its agony!

• Sasje said:
    Sasje said:

Thank you :)

Don't end process if DS iss till working. You can greatly reduce, possibly eliminate, the risk of it sitting there doing nothing by opening the Aux Viewport (from Window>Panes(Tabs)) and disabling the IPR Toolbar in the options menu (the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab). One that is done you can leave the Aux Viewport closed.

• FFFF Posts: 8
    edited November 2020

Guys I have a huge problem

RTX 2080 card, WINDOWS 10 64BIT v20H2 (BUT ALSO TRIED PREVIOUS ONE), 64GB RAM, CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600

I can't render with Iray on any 4.14 releases - public or beta. Last release I can do it without problem is 4.12.2.6

So here is the problem - Iray switches to CPU after a seconds or minutes.

I have this in my log " WARNING: ..........\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.14 IRAY rend error: Error synching on OptixPipeline event (CUDA error string: an illegal memory access was encountered, CUDA error code: 700)"

I think I read all post here about this problem and tried all solutions posted here.

And  what I can tell you:

1. this is not problem with too large scenes - not problem with Vram - Same scenes works ok with 4.12.2.6 build. 
    2. not drivers issues - no matter what Nvidia drivers I use, tried about 10 of them
    3. not Windows problem - I installed new fresh Windows on new HDD with only Daz program. 
    4. tried to slow down FACTORY default grahics card clocks 
    5. also had an opportunnity to check it on RTX 3080 Ventus 3x card - same error
    6. Simple scene with a sphere primitive renders ok

I'm desperate right now. Can someone help me ?

Post edited by FF on
  • Will a simple scene with a sphere primitive render?

Will a simple scene with a sphere primitive render?

Yes

• Hamfast said:

I am not comfortable with DAZ3d forcing its users to use DAZCentral as the only way to download and install D|S. Especially when I have heard rumours that DIM and D|C so not work well with each other and older products and those from 3rd party vendors like Renderosity disappear or do not work as advertised.

DazCentral is certainly being heavily promoted, but it's not the only way as DIM is still supported.

• It might still be supported (for products), but NOT for an update or download of DAZ Studio 1.14. D|S 1.14 appears in DIM and tried to download and update but the download fails every time and it cannot be installed. DAZ3D are trying to strongarm their users to use DAZ Central.There is no choice to update Studio except DC.I don't think many users will be happy about that. Just like Microsoft and Windows 10!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,457
    Hamfast said:

It might still be supported (for products), but NOT for an update or download of DAZ Studio 1.14. D|S 1.14 appears in DIM and tried to download and update but the download fails every time and it cannot be installed. DAZ3D are trying to strongarm their users to use DAZ Central.There is no choice to update Studio except DC.I don't think many users will be happy about that. Just like Microsoft and Windows 10!

My Account/Product Library;

DS4.PNG
    897 x 393 - 98K
    DS4DL.JPG
    828 x 587 - 69K
  • Hamfast said:

It might still be supported (for products), but NOT for an update or download of DAZ Studio 1.14. D|S 1.14 appears in DIM and tried to download and update but the download fails every time and it cannot be installed. DAZ3D are trying to strongarm their users to use DAZ Central.There is no choice to update Studio except DC.I don't think many users will be happy about that. Just like Microsoft and Windows 10!

Since DIM and Daz Central download the same file from the same servers this isn't the case. I installed the last update to the Public Build through DIM a couple of days ago, and the previous updates to both before that.

• Hamfast said:

I saved a copy of 4.5 and as I was having so much trouble with 1.14 I uninstalled it. When I installed 4.5 however it opens as 1.14 and Im back where I started. They have this control thing where they have changed the rules and we are stuck with it. I cant go back to working as I used to at all.  This update is sticky,laggy and crashes a lot. I am very upset that Daz has taken all our money and given us a new crap version so they can keep tabs on whoever is using it. They should call it Daz Control instead of daz central. It only works in their favour,this way they can monitor all the different bridges and assets going out ,but we are left with something that doesnt even do what it used to do!

• Cicada said:

Hamfast said:

I saved a copy of 4.5 and as I was having so much trouble with 1.14 I uninstalled it. When I installed 4.5 however it opens as 1.14 and Im back where I started. They have this control thing where they have changed the rules and we are stuck with it. I cant go back to working as I used to at all.  This update is sticky,laggy and crashes a lot. I am very upset that Daz has taken all our money and given us a new crap version so they can keep tabs on whoever is using it. They should call it Daz Control instead of daz central. It only works in their favour,this way they can monitor all the different bridges and assets going out ,but we are left with something that doesnt even do what it used to do!

If you install through DIM, put it in offline mode, place the old zips in its Downloads folder, delete the .dsx files that have the same name in the Downloads folder (not the ones in the Manifests folder), and install. If DIM is online it will see and use the newer version (because DIM does work normally fro instaling DS updates still - any issues are down to external factors, possibly with the servers or perhaps account or security software issues).

• Any word of if or when emissives will be added to Filament?  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,151

Any word of if or when emissives will be added to Filament?  

I don't think we ever get any information about future additions to Daz Studio. You can watch the change log to see what they are working on (scroll to the end), but it is "sanitized" with statements like "Source maintenance" to keep things secret.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 742

Any word of if or when emissives will be added to Filament?  

Apparently they have to be "baked" to work in Filament.  One thing that seems to happen is that HDRI light dome light penetrates walls with Filament even to the extent that I've seen a (bright) Dome actually come through a (dim) Backdrop.  This may be because the shader setup on the backdrop is such that Filament treats it as transmissive, this certainly happens with some garments with Iray materials, so I don't know if it is a general property of the Dome or not.  Anyway, it gives a second solution to emissive surfaces (the first being to supplement them with Scene lights); once a scene is set up with a camera use the camera to render a Dome in Iray consisting of just the emissive surfaces including the original dome (should be fast) then use this as the environment dome.  I haven't tried this; so far I've just added new Scene lights, something that is pretty easy.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,509

Sasje said:

Quoting you because I need your help. Downloaded 4.14 on 2080 system liked results no need for a restore. On 1080 system tried downloading 4.14. Not liking the results deecided to restore to earlier 4.10 version. Daz was a mess. Tried three different restore points with same results. Here's what Daz look like. I have often installed and restored Daz in past no issues. What's with this? So I thought maybe it needs a workspace style. Nope. No dice.

WTF.JPG
    1675 x 1494 - 123K
    WTF2.JPG
    1662 x 1485 - 142K
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,509
    edited November 2020

Sasje said:

The beta still works so it is not my PC.

WTF3.JPG
    2631 x 1580 - 220K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 790
    edited November 2020

So I updated to DAZ Studio 4.14 and it says it can't find any CUDA devices. I have two 1080Ti's. Did DAZ disable support for the 10 series? What's going on? Rendering with iRay just gives a blank screen.

edit: Ah, further up it says it needs v11 of GPU drivers. Installing those now.

Post edited by AlienRenders on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    edited November 2020

That's strange. Was DAZ Studio updated such that multiple instances of it cannot be opened in 4.14? Or is this a bug?

edit: Nevermind, it's an intended feature all the way back to 4.12. Found a workaround :)

Post edited by mtl1 on
  • ArtAngel said:

Sasje said:

Quoting you because I need your help. Downloaded 4.14 on 2080 system liked results no need for a restore. On 1080 system tried downloading 4.14. Not liking the results deecided to restore to earlier 4.10 version. Daz was a mess. Tried three different restore points with same results. Here's what Daz look like. I have often installed and restored Daz in past no issues. What's with this? So I thought maybe it needs a workspace style. Nope. No dice.

It looks like you were installing\updating DAZ Studio while it was running. Uninstall and make sure there is no instance running and then reinstall.

• So why am I having issues with the Face in 4.14 & how do I fix it.

Alexandra.jpg
    1054 x 463 - 238K
  • 3DRT said:

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with 4.14 where after exiting Studio, a background process keeps running and needs to be killed via Task Manager?

It is a known issue, which is currently being investigated. That said, wait a few mins or so for it to closes gracefully.

I am afraid not. Hours after closing with the "X" button, DAZ 4.14 won't restart, the only way to close it is the task manager or restarting the computer. I wanted to try Filament too, but i can't find a single tab that allows me to actually launch a render with it aside for the preview. I tad confusing. Looks interesting, but confusing.

• Grim-Red said:
    3DRT said:

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with 4.14 where after exiting Studio, a background process keeps running and needs to be killed via Task Manager?

It is a known issue, which is currently being investigated. That said, wait a few mins or so for it to closes gracefully.

I am afraid not. Hours after closing with the "X" button, DAZ 4.14 won't restart, the only way to close it is the task manager or restarting the computer. I wanted to try Filament too, but i can't find a single tab that allows me to actually launch a render with it aside for the preview. I tad confusing. Looks interesting, but confusing.

Follow Richard's advice:

Richard Haseltine said:

You can greatly reduce, possibly eliminate, the risk of it sitting there doing nothing by opening the Aux Viewport (from Window>Panes(Tabs)) and disabling the IPR Toolbar in the options menu (the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab). One that is done you can leave the Aux Viewport closed.

• kalazarkalazar Posts: 415
    edited December 2020

I cannot get this new verison to work! I try to build a scene eq I have Genesis 8 male in scene, I go to add clothes. I click on, say, pants and I get thrown out of the program. I tried to use smart content to install contnt I get thrown out. Soooo I downloaded a new copy of studio  I tried smart content again. Tried to log in and out I go It won;t acknowledge anything. What am I doing wrong? I have a new computer running Win10, my firewall is good. Since the 'puter is 2 days old Daz is basically the only program on it. Any advice will be appreciated

Here's the log

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    1M
    Post edited by kalazar on
  • kalazar said:

I cannot get this new verison to work! I try to build a scene eq I have Genesis 8 male in scene, I go to add clothes. I click on, say, pants and I get thrown out of the program. I tried to use smart content to install contnt I get thrown out. Soooo I downloaded a new copy of studio  I tried smart content again. Tried to log in and out I go It won;t acknowledge anything. What am I doing wrong? I have a new computer running Win10, my firewall is good. Since the 'puter is 2 days old Daz is basically the only program on it. Any advice will be appreciated

What do you mean get thrown out? Please attach the log, which is at the following location (Windows):

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\log.txt

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,901
    edited November 2020
    FF said:

Guys I have a huge problem

RTX 2080 card, WINDOWS 10 64BIT v20H2 (BUT ALSO TRIED PREVIOUS ONE), 64GB RAM, CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600

I can't render with Iray on any 4.14 releases - public or beta. Last release I can do it without problem is 4.12.2.6

So here is the problem - Iray switches to CPU after a seconds or minutes.

I have this in my log " WARNING: ..........\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(353): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER :: 1.14 IRAY rend error: Error synching on OptixPipeline event (CUDA error string: an illegal memory access was encountered, CUDA error code: 700)"

I think I read all post here about this problem and tried all solutions posted here.

And  what I can tell you:

1. this is not problem with too large scenes - not problem with Vram - Same scenes works ok with 4.12.2.6 build. 
    2. not drivers issues - no matter what Nvidia drivers I use, tried about 10 of them
    3. not Windows problem - I installed new fresh Windows on new HDD with only Daz program. 
    4. tried to slow down FACTORY default grahics card clocks 
    5. also had an opportunnity to check it on RTX 3080 Ventus 3x card - same error
    6. Simple scene with a sphere primitive renders ok

I'm desperate right now. Can someone help me ?

What version is your current driver?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited November 2020

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • FF said:
    FF said:

FF said:

Please render a scene which falls back to CPU, and attach the full log.