The I Have A Code in my Node Complaint Thread

Comments

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited August 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...Friday eve complaints...
    *grins* I'm impressed - it's only Friday morning here - you finally perfected that Time Machine KK? ;-)

Product label silliness ...
    2: Apparently "preservative" is such a bad word in part of the "natural foods" community that rosemary extract and ascorbic acid must both be called an "antioxidant" on the ingredient list of a package of pita chips...

My chuckle is from "pita" chips... they're the ones that are a real pain in the posterior? (^n^)...

Post edited by M F M on
  • SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...Friday eve complaints

--Need to find a new hotspot as the neighbourhood Starbucks changed their seating arrangement. Set up now so you are sitting almost shoulder to shoulder with whoever sits at the table next to you. Don't like the idea of having someone able to look over at your screen while reading emails & such. Only one decent table in the whole place with an outlet and someone was already there when I arrived.
    --Why couldn't the CAPS LOCK key (which I find a useless annoyance) burn out instead of the most widely used vowel in the English Language ("e"), the #"4" (also the "$") key, the #"6" key (notebook doesn't have a ten key pad), and my back arrow key? Making blogging and writing emails a real pain with all the repetitive keystrokes and/or spelling corrections I need to do.

Non Complaints

--Temperatures finally more seasonable after a week in the 90s.
    --Heading up to Seattle this weekend to visit friends, a couple whom I haven't seen for the last three years as they have been overseas.
    --NFL tonight (yeah, only preseason but still football)
    --Sin City - A Dame to Kill For releases in two weeks.

Ugh on Starbucks and compy issues. :down:

But have fun in Seattle! :cheese:

• AmaltheaAmalthea Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Product label silliness from a specialty foods order this morning.
    1: "This is a carbon neutral product" on a bottled water brand's case:
    Let's see..... Water got PUMPED out of the ground. TRUCKED to the bottling plant. Injected into PLASTIC bottles by AUTOMATED machinery. Bottles placed into a CARDBOARD box via AUTOMATED machinery. It then has to be TRUCKED to a wholesaler and then TRUCKED to a retailer.
    2: Apparently "preservative" is such a bad word in part of the "natural foods" community that rosemary extract and ascorbic acid must both be called an "antioxidant" on the ingredient list of a package of pita chips.
    Gave me a good chuckle this morning.

...I still chuckle when I'm in the natural food market and spot bottles of "Organic" Canola Oil on the shelf. There is no "Canola" plant, the oil is made from a Genetically Modified variant of the Rapeseed plant (which in it's pure unmodified form is primarily an industrial oil) first created in a lab in Canada (hence the name "Can-ola") back in the 1970s. Funny that many who work or shop there and will voice their displeasure over the use of "GMOs" seem oblivious to the product's true origin.
    Definitely chuckle worthy.
    As are some of the items now sporting "gluten free" on the labels. In a few cases I've looked at the item and wondered how wheat, rye, or barley would have even made it into a plant that produces that type of product to begin with.
    The local celiacs are enjoying the wider product variety that is currently available for them but some are shaking there heads over people who can eat those grains choosing to pay so much more for their baking products. They are also waiting for the boom to fall with the next shift in the fad food market at which point they expect us to have to shrink the gluten free section down due to reduced sales volume.
    edited August 2014

M F M said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    *grins* I'm impressed - it's only Friday morning here - you finally perfected that Time Machine KK? ;-)

2: Apparently "preservative" is such a bad word in part of the "natural foods" community that rosemary extract and ascorbic acid must both be called an "antioxidant" on the ingredient list of a package of pita chips...

My chuckle is from "pita" chips... they're the ones that are a real pain in the posterior? (^n^)...
    LOL
    Good point!

ETA: "Pita" bread is very popular in the US right now.

ETA: Forgot to mention the other silly from the pita chips label. "sea salt only" is on the front of the bag when the ingredient list includes cane sugar as well. I guess the fact that it's sweetened isn't important?

Post edited by Amalthea on
  • FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

My back hurts. Wonder if I slept wrong. At least the headache is gone now.
    Fiancé thought he would be in a meeting all day again but they finished at 11:30 - just in time for lunch

Feeling better now I hope?

No. Took a liquid gel an hour ago when I first realize my back was really bothering me and it's still very unhappy. Wish I knew what I did

edited December 1969

Fiancé thought he would be in a meeting all day again but they finished at 11:30 - just in time for lunch

No. Took a liquid gel an hour ago when I first realize my back was really bothering me and it's still very unhappy. Wish I knew what I did
    {{hugs}}
    Do you need a new mattress, perhaps?

edited December 1969

{{hugs}}

Hmm it's possible. It's almost 8 yrs old

edited August 2014

@KK: Here's a customer request you will probably find amusing. Organic ice cream that is NSA.
    Technically speaking it is possible but.....
    There are only two ways to do it that I can think of: 1: Stevia. this was tried by Blue Bunny a few years ago in their Sweet Freedom line and they had to go back to using whatever sweetener they had been using due to complaints about the taste.
    2: Use a naturally occurring sugar alcohol like erythritol. However this option would make the product much more expensive and many looking for organic consider all sugar substitutes to be unacceptable even if they are naturally occurring and were grown organically.
    Needless to say I couldn't find anything.

ETA: The lady who asked for this was getting some of the Rice Dream ice cream substitutes we have and refused to believe that it wasn't there because it's organic. It and the Soy Dream are both in our freezers because of people who are milk allergic wanting non-dairy stuff and requesting rice and soy "ice cream"..

Post edited by Amalthea on
    edited December 1969

{{hugs}}

Hmm it's possible. It's almost 8 yrs old
    I wonder if this might be part of the reason for some of your headaches.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...actually got that from an announcer on ESPN radio who calls Thursday, "Friday Eve" (sort of like "Christmas Eve").

However, don't listen too much during the summer because the local affiliate likes to interrupt the national ESPN feed (of course preempting the shows I like the most) for broadcasting Seattle Mariners games which also includes several hours of pre- and postgame blab that has little to no relevance for us down here in Portland.

Portland is not a suburb of Seattle.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627
    edited December 1969

@KK: Here's a customer request you will probably find amusing. Organic ice cream that is NSA.
    Technically speaking it is possible but.....
    There are only two ways to do it that I can think of: 1: Stevia. this was tried by Blue Bunny a few years ago in their Sweet Freedom line and they had to go back to using whatever sweetener they had been using due to complaints about the taste.
    2: Use a naturally occurring sugar alcohol like erythritol. However this option would make the product much more expensive and many looking for organic consider all sugar substitutes to be unacceptable even if they are naturally occurring and were grown organically.
    Needless to say I couldn't find anything.

ETA: The lady who asked for this was getting some of the Rice Dream ice cream substitutes we have and refused to believe that it wasn't there because it's organic. It and the Soy Dream are both in our freezers because of people who are milk allergic wanting non-dairy stuff and requesting rice and soy "ice cream"..

...Fructose is also one of those naturally occurring sugars. It is not to be confused with High Fructose Corn Syrup/Sweetener which is used primarily by the soft drink industry as a replacement for more costly cane sugar. HFCS presents a number of health issues including being cited as a major contributor to the rise in obesity over the last several decades.
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,103
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Product label silliness from a specialty foods order this morning.
    1: "This is a carbon neutral product" on a bottled water brand's case:
    Let's see..... Water got PUMPED out of the ground. TRUCKED to the bottling plant. Injected into PLASTIC bottles by AUTOMATED machinery. Bottles placed into a CARDBOARD box via AUTOMATED machinery. It then has to be TRUCKED to a wholesaler and then TRUCKED to a retailer.
    2: Apparently "preservative" is such a bad word in part of the "natural foods" community that rosemary extract and ascorbic acid must both be called an "antioxidant" on the ingredient list of a package of pita chips.
    Gave me a good chuckle this morning.

...I still chuckle when I'm in the natural food market and spot bottles of "Organic" Canola Oil on the shelf. There is no "Canola" plant, the oil is made from a Genetically Modified variant of the Rapeseed plant (which in it's pure unmodified form is primarily an industrial oil) first created in a lab in Canada (hence the name "Can-ola") back in the 1970s. Funny that many who work or shop there and will voice their displeasure over the use of "GMOs" seem oblivious to the product's true origin.

Why don' tyou start mentioning it to shoppers when you're in that area. "did you know that canola oil is actually....?" You might stir up enough attention that the management starts to look into it.

Dana

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

LOL
    Good point!

ETA: "Pita" bread is very popular in the US right now.

ETA: Forgot to mention the other silly from the pita chips label. "sea salt only" is on the front of the bag when the ingredient list includes cane sugar as well. I guess the fact that it's sweetened isn't important?

I guess maybe some manufacturers are mixing sea salt and regular table salt in their products.
    Why would they put sugar in a chip? There are very few normally salty snacks that I can think of that sometimes get sugar. One is the pink popcorn. Cracker Jacks is another and any kind of caramel corn type product. But chips? Hmmm...can't think of a one.

Dana

edited December 1969

I find that sometimes if I sleep with my arm over my head I'll wake up with pain in the back and it can be tough, sometimes it hurts to inhale deeply. It usually goes away in a day or two. I've learned to quickly correct my arm position if I notice I'm doing that.

Dana

edited December 1969

Blah, had three calls right in a row from places I don't have any family or friends that would know my cell. Kingsville, tx, Phoenix, az and Florida- all spam I'm sure, especially how one would end and the next call occurred in less than two seconds (literally back to back). Especially annoying when I'm on the phone with the head of our department regarding a map she needs ASP

They left no voice message so I'm left to wonder if they wanted to sell me a home insurance plan or new electrical provider, as that's the messages I got this first time I got a weird out of state calls

edited December 1969

Blah, had three calls right in a row from places I don't have any family or friends that would know my cell. Kingsville, tx, Phoenix, az and Florida- all spam I'm sure, especially how one would end and the next call occurred in less than two seconds (literally back to back). Especially annoying when I'm on the phone with the head of our department regarding a map she needs ASP

They left no voice message so I'm left to wonder if they wanted to sell me a home insurance plan or new electrical provider, as that's the messages I got this first time I got a weird out of state calls

Put your number on the national do not call list! It takes 30 days for it to propigate to everyone, but then the spam calls should stop. And if they don't, you can report them and they'll be fined. Certain types of calls are not under this...charitable organizations, surveys, and political campaign type calls I think. There may be one other type I'm forgetting.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Put your number on the national do not call list! It takes 30 days for it to propigate to everyone, but then the spam calls should stop. And if they don't, you can report them and they'll be fined. Certain types of calls are not under this...charitable organizations, surveys, and political campaign type calls I think. There may be one other type I'm forgetting.

Dana
    Won't help much. Scammers ignore the list.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,766
    edited December 1969

hello, how are everyone? I do not know what is wrong with me.

edited December 1969

Yet another three calls I've had to ignore. They are really darn determined to reach me today
    Can't reach that link through the cell either

Hell, one called while I'm typing just now

edited December 1969

Yet another three calls I've had to ignore. They are really darn determined to reach me today
    Can't reach that link through the cell either

Hell, one called while I'm typing just now

You might be able to call via a regular phone and get your cell put on the list. I'm not sure though. Even if you get it added it will only stop the legitimate businesses. Scammers will still call.
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

But then you report them and they get a fine. The fine will be more than they would make from you. It is an anti-incentive. As long as people take the "it won't help" attitude, they just keep getting away with it.

Dana

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,337
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

But then you report them and they get a fine. The fine will be more than they would make from you. It is an anti-incentive. As long as people take the "it won't help" attitude, they just keep getting away with it.

Dana

Not if they are based in some part of the world with ineffective law-enforcement and calling via VoIP with a spoofed number.

edited August 2014

Persistent buggers. That's the tenth call today. One of them left a voice message that 'I' requested an insurance quote. Totally . Once I get home I'm going to that do not call thing.
    Someone else has had spam calls today, though nowhere near as many

Three of them have called twice today

Post edited by Fyredrygyon on
    edited December 1969

I used to get phone calls from so called loan companies offering a big loan with just showing a green dot reload card. I think those are scams. I even got calls from someone claiming I got a grant since I always fill my taxes and I did not do my taxes for 2013 since I did not have a job in 2013.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

may be worth it to get your # changed?

if they call from the same #, you could prolly assign it a silent ring, if it lets you personalize rings.

edited December 1969

hmm , vapor pens or the foundations for a sonic screwdriver?

edited December 1969

maybe it's yawnulus bringing doldrums?

edited December 1969

yeah I am sleepy.

edited August 2014

how did santa come to have elves working for him?

rummage for snacks, too early for a midnight snack >.<</p>

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

yeah I am sleepy.

clickie eggs. you haz a lotta trophies. :)

This discussion has been closed.