The I Have A Code in my Node Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

I am trying to make something nice to drink that is not caffeinated as I want something to drink but not stay up all night again.

fresh lemonade?

tea has a lil caffeine in it.

edited December 1969

managed the willpower to not get the mocha frappacino. i'll need to find the willpower tomorrow too.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,766
    edited December 1969

I am trying to make something nice to drink that is not caffeinated as I want something to drink but not stay up all night again.

fresh lemonade?

I made ooolaid.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. Somewhere up there way above all the grey clouds and a (presumably) rising sun the Rosetta spacecraft matched velocity and vector with comet 67P the past few hours :)

Cool! Is that one they're planning to land on the comet? I read about one they're planning to do that with, just can't remember if that's the one.

Dana

Yes that's the one, AKA Comet Churyumov–Gerasimenko http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Operations/Rosetta_timeline_countdown_to_comet_arrival
    except turns out it is two comets for double the trouble so a landing under those circumstances would be more than awesome :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    the nine ring armadillo is teh real cuteh

Where did you get the armadillo?

http://www.daz3d.com/cs-armadillo

:)

Thanks I do not think I have him or that he is on sale.

Not having g a great morning. Just got a roommate last night and that did not go well. And there goes my bus.

ah crap ! Hopes your day has improved a little by now :) And your room mate :) I was in a traffic jam in a tunnel this afternoon. Hates going down tunnels, imaginary disasters just seem to crawl out of all those little tunnel vent things every time I do :lol:
    ...during the recent heat wave we had (finally back in the low 80s again which i normal for this time of year) our LRT tam has to run as slow speeds so as not to damage the tacks or overhead catenary (I think the transit system needs to get it's money back for such shoddy work) Well, Monday when I was returning from an interview, it not only ran slow, but made several stops between stations including on in the deep several mile long tunnel under the West Hills. Now not sure how earthquake prone Melbourne is, but here in the Pacific Northwest we have a seismic time bomb 70 miles off the coast (the Cascadia Subduction Fault) that is ticking away. Should that slip we will experience a quake and resulting tsunami worse than the one in Japan a couple years ago. The last time it triggered a quake was in 1700 which produced a tsunami that was recorded in Japan.

I usually take a bus that goes over the hills instead, however as I wanted to get through downtown before the 5:00pm commute crush, I took the tram since it was there and ready to leave while the bus I'd usually take was on a 20 minute layover.

Not a good thing to have in the back of your mind as you go through a tunnel!

Dana

We don't have many earthquakes here. Thing about the tunnels under the rivers is they leak, you can see water running down the walls sometimes waaah :lol:

edited August 2014

I did not have a good afternoon after I got home. It feels like life is starting to loose its meaning

*hugs* surely you will feel better about all this later on sweetie :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

fresh lemonade?

I made ooolaid.

sounds refreshing :)

i'm drinking water with ice in it. sippy lid. :)

edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    Meatballs and ricotta cheese, good stuff! :) I had bacon-wrapped sirloin (rare) with a side of mac-n-cheese and fried okra! :cheese:

..but now I want a nap.. urgh..

Spent my last $15 on a set of bone-filled catacombs and some cookware (thanks Exnem!) for Vicky's Diner. Now Vicky can chase Mike and Aiko with a frying pan!!! DDDDIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!! :ahhh: :ahhh:

Frying pan sounds like an appropriately destructive weapon of mass dining :lol:

edited December 1969

fresh lemonade?

I made ooolaid.

sounds refreshing :)

i'm drinking water with ice in it. sippy lid. :)

Icy feeling rain here all morning so far :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,032
    edited December 1969
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,766
    edited December 1969

It is about bed time and I want to go to sleep.

edited August 2014

tjohn said:

Must be getting toward spring if we have a croc vs shark story on the front page, usually is crocs in winter sharks in summer :lol:

A croc story every day in the NT Times is kind of a tropical Australia tradition :lol: http://www.ntnews.com.au

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Just was slammed by a bad headache. going to bed. night all

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Get well soon fyredrygyon.

On the topic of Australia I missed the sale of outback and kangaroo in the Daz Store. I think outback was on sale two or three times.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,103
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

Not having g a great morning. Just got a roommate last night and that did not go well. And there goes my bus.

ah crap ! Hopes your day has improved a little by now :) And your room mate :) I was in a traffic jam in a tunnel this afternoon. Hates going down tunnels, imaginary disasters just seem to crawl out of all those little tunnel vent things every time I do :lol:
    ...during the recent heat wave we had (finally back in the low 80s again which i normal for this time of year) our LRT tam has to run as slow speeds so as not to damage the tacks or overhead catenary (I think the transit system needs to get it's money back for such shoddy work) Well, Monday when I was returning from an interview, it not only ran slow, but made several stops between stations including on in the deep several mile long tunnel under the West Hills. Now not sure how earthquake prone Melbourne is, but here in the Pacific Northwest we have a seismic time bomb 70 miles off the coast (the Cascadia Subduction Fault) that is ticking away. Should that slip we will experience a quake and resulting tsunami worse than the one in Japan a couple years ago. The last time it triggered a quake was in 1700 which produced a tsunami that was recorded in Japan.

I usually take a bus that goes over the hills instead, however as I wanted to get through downtown before the 5:00pm commute crush, I took the tram since it was there and ready to leave while the bus I'd usually take was on a 20 minute layover.

Dana

We don't have many earthquakes here. Thing about the tunnels under the rivers is they leak, you can see water running down the walls sometimes waaah :lol:

Yes, that's how I feel going through the "Big Dig" tunnel in Boston. Boston itself is just a big landfill, and what they filled was the Boston Bay! And yes, I see water on the walls here and there sometimes. I hate going through it, but the alternative is going on Rt. 128 all around greater Boston. It adds a lot of miles and worse, it doesn't really save you from heavy traffic. We'll be heading through that tunnel again later this month when we go to New Hampshire. I get nervous when the traffic starts to slow down in there. :gulp:

Dana

edited August 2014

On the topic of Australia I missed the sale of outback and kangaroo in the Daz Store. I think outback was on sale two or three times.

There was an outback sale? Never any shortage of kangaroos here :lol: Or outback :lol:

edited August 2014

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Yes, that's how I feel going through the "Big Dig" tunnel in Boston. Boston itself is just a big landfill, and what they filled was the Boston Bay! And yes, I see water on the walls here and there sometimes. I hate going through it, but the alternative is going on Rt. 128 all around greater Boston. It adds a lot of miles and worse, it doesn't really save you from heavy traffic. We'll be heading through that tunnel again later this month when we go to New Hampshire. I get nervous when the traffic starts to slow down in there. :gulp:

Dana

Don't really get claustrophobic in small spaces but big freeway tunnels are kinda so huge and so far underground and full of a mess of incomprehensible moving parts to go wrong I guess :lol: And all that water up there just waiting to fall down here :lol:

BT.jpg
    500 x 279 - 24K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Dana

Don't really get claustrophobic in small spaces but big freeway tunnels are kinda so huge and so far underground and full of a mess of incomprehensible moving parts to go wrong I guess :lol: And all that water up there just waiting to fall down here :lol:

Here in the UK we have tunnels that actually go under the water. There are 3 vehicle tunnels under the Thames for example, the longest of which is almost a mile long (1430 metres), and then there is of course the Channel tunnel, which connects Britain to France under the sea. and is 31 miles long. but you can't drive through that one, you have to put your vehicle on a train to go through.

edited August 2014

Tunnel near me is 3.4 km long, not sure how much of that is under the river. On the antique Melways maps from the 1940s and 50s that whole area is called "the old Melbourne swamp" :lol:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

sooooo cyuuuuuuute !

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Tunnel near me is 3.4 km long, not sure how much of that is under the river. On the antique Melways maps from the 1940s and 50s that whole area is called "the old Melbourne swamp" :lol:

Melways could be a candy bar name :)

edited December 1969

my rmp w/l shrank :bug:

huh.

looks like emma and jordi pulled their rmp store stuff?
    there was an arm bracelet with a dragon motif on it. oh well.

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    TroutFace said:
    AtticAnne said:
    TroutFace said:
    TroutFace said:
    Tuesday complaints!

- Lighting is a pain in the neck
    - A diner looks weird just sitting alone on a plane, nee3ds surroundings
    - Coffee is cold
    - Outdoors is hot
    - Out of beer :ahhh:
    - Need to install city blocks to use as surroundings for the diner
    - Need the giant armadillo to attack the diner

Non-complaints:

-Woke up :blank:

I'd like to see giant armadillo attack the diner, along with alien space fishies

I grabbed the armadillo from DAZ in my last shopping spree, so we're good to go there. Creating the SPACE TUNA is going to be more difficult as bolting spaceship wings on a tuna isn't the easiest, or prettiest,thing... :bug:

More coffffffffffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :blank:

ps. had this GREAT beer last night called "Dead Armadillo" - I kid you not. Strong and tasty, but didn't taste anything like I thought an armadillo would... :smirk:

I didn't even know DAZ had an armadillo. Thanks to you, it's wishlisted. As a Texan I have it. It's our state mammal, you know. How does "Dead Armadillo" compare to the Shiners?

Yeah, being an ex-Texan an armadillo is a nice reminder of past days at Ginnys Little Longhorn Saloon, listening to Dale Watson.

Dead Armadillo isn't as smoothly drinkable as a Shiner, though both are amber beers. The Dead Armadillo is a high alcohol-per-volume beer.. 6.9 as opposed to 4-something for Shiner, so it has a more bitter alcohol aftertaste, and it's very hoppy. 2-3 is my limit before I have t change to Shiner, Heineken, or the like. But after 3, you'll be pretty happy (heh)! :bug:

...mmmm...hoppy beeeeerrrrrrrr

Hops to it! :P

edited December 1969

Thursday, and it's time for complaints!

- Got rained on coming to work
    - Had to get breakfast out of the cold-food junk machine
    - Didn't get a giant armadillo rendered yet
    - Sinuses acting up
    - Will have to eat junk for lunch if it doesn't stop raining
    - Coffee is horrible again :blank:

Non-complaints:

- Got the last bacon cheeseburger out of the cold-food junk machine
    - Got a V8 :)
    - FOOTBALL BEGINS TONIGHT! :coolsmile:

Back to eating...

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

TroutFace said:
    Thursday, and it's time for complaints!

- Got rained on coming to work
    - Had to get breakfast out of the cold-food junk machine
    - Didn't get a giant armadillo rendered yet
    - Sinuses acting up
    - Will have to eat junk for lunch if it doesn't stop raining
    - Coffee is horrible again :blank:

Non-complaints:

- Got the last bacon cheeseburger out of the cold-food junk machine
    - Got a V8 :)
    - FOOTBALL BEGINS TONIGHT! :coolsmile:

Back to eating...

Okay. Gonna be moving my work station to the living room today so I will be ready for FOOTBALL. Need more chips, get queso made early.

edited December 1969

Easter Island free today, w00t! :cheese:

Argh a SALE! :bug: Spend $50 and get a free Genesis 2 one of them!

There goes all this months content money... "*cry* *cry*

edited August 2014

i still need the Stephanie 5.

it's a day of denial. again.

chocolate caustics pron :bug:

g140807.JPG
    684 x 389 - 53K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

There was an outback sale? Never any shortage of kangaroos here :lol: Or outback :lol:

Outback is the restaurant makes the bloomin onion.

bloomin orion girls?

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I remember hearing about Outback Steakhouse. I don't think I have seen the actual restaurant in person. Maybe there aren't any restaurants in my neighborhood.

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Dana

And now they've got some of the same companies digging a highway tunnel along our waterfront. They swear it will be different, but so far all they've done is wreck the world's biggest tunnel boring machine...

This discussion has been closed.