Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627
    edited July 2014

...looks like it. Congrats.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited July 2014

Been a while since I watched Bay of Blood.

Post edited by bwaomega on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,766
    edited December 1969

Hello home again! How is everyone?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,032
    edited December 1969

Ah, that new thread smell. (coff)

edited December 1969

I hope no one gets lost in transition for too long.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

came home to more strangeness. another dude i've never seen before waiting outside. only the son home upstairs.

edited December 1969

i didn't see any seagulls on the way home/ saw canadian geese. the lil gooselings almost growed up already.

edited December 1969

Hello home again! How is everyone?

well. i broke my waffle cone bowl taking it out of the packaging. but the pieces are tasty.

edited December 1969

...back home after my afternoon walk and a stop at the market to get something for dinner...burgers tonight.

Quite pleasant out today about what it should be for this time of year (upper70s - low 80s).

Last lotto ticket didn't win anything, what's new?

Applied to another job today that I might actually qualify for. Saw an opening with our transit commission for an office drone position I would also qualify for, but didn't remember the my password (been a while since I went to that part of their site) and the "recover password" link is apparently broken. Hard enough to get a job, infuriating when the technology needed to do so fails to work properly. Filed a ticket with their support desk but most likely won't get a response until next week. Can't just re-register for a new account either as it says the email is already attached to an existing account. A real "Kobyashi Maru".

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...back home after my afternoon walk and a stop at the market to get something for dinner...burgers tonight.

Quite pleasant out today about what it should be for this time of year (upper70s - low 80s).

Applied to another job today that I might actually qualify for. Saw an opening with our transit commission for an office drone position I would also qualify for, but didn't remember the my password (been a while since I went to that part of their site) and the "recover password" link is apparently broken. Hard enough to get a job, infuriating when the technology needed to do so fails to work properly. Filed a ticket with their support desk but most likely won't get a response until next week. Can't just re-register for a new account either as it says the email is already attached to an existing account. A real "Kobyashi Maru".

That's usually where I kick it to one of my other accounts if speed is important. I have one set to auto-forward things to my main account, so I don't even have to remember to check the minor one.

edited December 1969

ahh the “Kobyashi Maru”, thats when yooo in the ultimate picklement.

saw elijah wood on craigyferg, he's a lot taller than a hobbit

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited July 2014

Morning. A bit of sun to lift the spirits and make stuff haz the shinning so far today :)

oh and seagulls moat, altho this isn't even close yet it is some fun :lol:

gulz.jpg
    1500 x 619 - 60K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited July 2014

bwaomega said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

That's usually where I kick it to one of my other accounts if speed is important. I have one set to auto-forward things to my main account, so I don't even have to remember to check the minor one.
    ...the issue is the opening is only listed through this one particular service (basically a national government job website) that the "apply" button on the Transit Agency's site links to so there are no other accounts/sites I am registered with that will work as a "back door" in this instance.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    edited December 1969

FYREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :) :) :)
    :

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Fiancee is playing Portal 2 again. Makes me want to download it and play but I also want to render too. Choices, choices

edited December 1969

That was weird, my trackball stopped responding. It's not the battery, I replaced that two days ago. I plugged in my spare mouse and that fixed the issue. Trackball is now working

• 1gecko1gecko Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    I hope no one gets lost in transition for too long.

just the gecko... didn't realize we had actually rolled over and had the old page 100 up in the background waiting (and would refresh occasionally).

... then finally noticed that the 'Reply' buttons were gone /facepalm

my excuse is I haven't had much sleep!

edited December 1969

...same here in the sleep department.

edited December 1969

Whole household in bed here trying to sleep Flu off :lol:

edited December 1969

Drowning woke me up (bronchitis). Could have seen a doctor yesterday, but not MY doctor who is on vacation until Monday (when I do have an appointment). Put off seeing the doctor this week because:
    A. I had some things to take care of concerning my late Mom.
    2. Had to mow the yard (wore a respirator so as to not breathe more pollen).
    C. Have been dosing my food liberally with hot sauce which helps make the bronchitis symptoms disappear, so I feel better all day. Nighttime, not so much...
    4. I want to see MY doctor, not a substitute.

Don't if I'm stubborn or just stupid.
    And yes, I know I typed a "2" and "4" instead of a "B" and "D". :)

To counter the depressive nature of this post, here is a picture of a happy lamb.

a1131eff7b1690ed2678254e67141a59.jpg
    292 x 427 - 26K
    edited December 1969

...can you sleep with your head propped up by several pillows?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

I'm afraid that causes a "crick" in my neck. I can breathe without coughing now, so I'm going back to bed soon.
    Thanks for thinking of me. :)
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,993
    edited July 2014

When I get coughing fits, it makes me choke. A drop of peppermint oil usually helps opening the airways again.

On a completely unrelated topic... The noise of an old-fashioned alarm clock's alarm, not the eectronic alarm type.. How would you spell out the noise the alarm bells makes?
    Brrrriiing?
    (I know how it sounds but I can't put it into words...)

Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited December 1969

...I actually find the ticking sound of an old fashioned wind up clock to be rather soothing. maybe I need to find one to help me sleep better.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I'm afraid that causes a "crick" in my neck. I can breathe without coughing now, so I'm going back to bed soon.
    ...surething.

I have a futon & frame where I can raise the upper third (kind of like a hospital bed) . Helps me breath a lot easier. I can understand just using pillows can cause neck strain.

I used to be a chronic snorer and by propping the upper part up a bit, it eased my breathing. Then years ago while working at my company's old location I tripped on some old siding tracks when I was distracted by a truck I thought was coming my way and fell smacking my forehead. Long story short, since then I no longer snore. Odd how things like that happen.

edited December 1969

lee_lhs said:
    When I get coughing fits, it makes me choke. A drop of peppermint oil usually helps opening the airways again.

On a completely unrelated topic... The noise of an old-fashioned alarm clock's alarm, not the eectronic alarm type.. How would you spell out the noise the alarm bells makes?
    Brrrriiing?
    (I know how it sounds but I can't put it into words...)

Is a percussive sound yes :)

edited July 2014

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

That's good to hear :)

More random seagulls from a ten second grab

pic_399sml.jpg
    1500 x 628 - 40K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...surething.

I have a futon & frame where I can raise the upper third (kind of like a hospital bed) . Helps me breath a lot easier. I can understand just using pillows can cause neck strain.

I used to be a chronic snorer and by propping the upper part up a bit, it eased my breathing. Then years ago while working at my company's old location I tripped on some old siding tracks when I was distracted by a truck I thought was coming my way and fell smacking my forehead. Long story short, since then I no longer snore. Odd how things like that happen.

Been drinking cheery flavoured cough syrup with some kind of suppressant in it that makes sleepy :)

edited December 1969

/tears
    I was all set to buy that new city scape thing until I saw it was for Cararra
    I'm barely awake and was putting it in my cart when I saw the image of the cars and thought 'wait, are the cars included?' Scrolled down to read what program it's for and sighed.

edited December 1969

the Shoo Flu complaint thread
    the Shoo Flu Bronchitis complaint thread

Fharenheit and Celciuses fluxes bring on the snifls

was 90s+ temps and humids last week

untitled2.jpg
    627 x 169 - 28K
    untitled1.jpg
    599 x 231 - 49K
This discussion has been closed.