*CLOSED* RRRR - [Random Runtime Roulette Render] - Classic Contest *Tons of prizes*

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,256
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the nice comments, everyone!

there is some stiff competition, great renders!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Pull #2

1623 Genesis Cavalier
    229 Traveler Props Pack
    494 Miss Fishers Wardrobe: Fabulous Dress
    2022 Amarseda Hair

Well that one was painless....

• DievansDievans Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Morgan, nice job pulling all that disparate stuff together, and the V3 content looks great.
    Guybush Threepwood!!! Wow I loved that game. Totte, that's great! Is the rollercoaster part of the Amusement Park pack (must be).
    Jaderail, I hate it when that happens! Well, she does look appropriately mortified :-).

My pull for this one was:
    Stars in your eyes Alex V4 http://www.daz3d.com/stars-in-your-eyes-alex-v4
    MOS Invation http://www.daz3d.com/mos-invasion
    Lollipop hair http://www.daz3d.com/lollipop-hair
    A thousand and three nights http://www.daz3d.com/a-thousand-and-three-nights

Tag: dievans #3
    Zombie Hunt

ZombieHunt2.jpg
    1440 x 925 - 961K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,523
    edited December 1969

dievans said:

Guybush Threepwood!!! Wow I loved that game. Totte, that's great! Is the rollercoaster part of the Amusement Park pack (must be).

Tag: dievans #3
    Zombie Hunt

Thanks dievans, yes it is, its a pretty neat set. And I loved that game too, specially the first ones. Who can ever forget Insult Swordsfighting?
    And a really nice render, I think I recognize her gun *grin* ;-) I hope she hit with the one shot she got!

• MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

dievans said:
    Morgan, nice job pulling all that disparate stuff together, and the V3 content looks great.

Thanks, I had the foresight a few months back to go through and create HSS presets of all the pre-HSS textures I have; I'm sure it's not perfect, but it cuts down on the "plastic skin" effect and keeps the figures with older textures from looking too out of place next to the newer stuff.

Nicely done putting disparate elements together yourself. Fun, dynamic image.

And Totte, great Monkey Island reference. :)

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

CLASH OF MINDS

Dozens of emotions running through your head. The feeling of being overwhelmed by what's happening around you. Intense gazes speak without words. You fix your eyes on that other being and struggle for domination... A clash of minds embodied.

Of course, you know I'm talking about the kitten versus the spider. Who would actually care about the couple anyway :D?

In other words... My second draw gave the following:
    101: http://www.daz3d.com/defiant-for-genesis (my luck the sale came along; it looks different, because I wasn't entirely satisfied with the tabard's colour and used my shaders on it to get an emerald look)
    290: http://www.daz3d.com/sea-nymph-hair (I've wanted that one for awhile)
    332: http://www.daz3d.com/lady-of-the-lake-for-genesis
    53: http://www.daz3d.com/summer-edition-josh (Raiya's characters... that says all)

I realised I got another relatively good draw, because most of my items are constituted by morph kits, hairstyles and clothes. It's all because I'm a photomanipulator, love postwork and custom characters. Thus I don't have many props - you can find such a multitude of stocks for that purpose! Because of that, instead of a typical Cyclorama backdrop, I used a background by ED-Resources combined with a flowerpot by Shinikami1. The kitten by EnchantedWhispersArt had such a cool expression I had to include it! A companion spider by Wolverine041269 reminded me of Garfield and his anti-bug quest. Plus the pair added some comic relief, I hope. Thanks for all stock providers!

Kitten by EnchantedWhispersArt
    Flowers by Shinikami1
    Background by ED-Resources
    Spider by Wolverine041269

Clash_of_Minds_2.png
    1110 x 842 - 2M
  • WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

Not sure if I'll have time, but I went ahead and pulled:

Wheely
    Troglodyte Jack Boots
    Summertime Grill
    Scorpion

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

@cecilia.robinson - That is gorgeous! A real storybook scene elegantly put together... but with an extra RRRR surprise. I enjoyed the twist at the end of your description too.
    @dievans - dynamic and full of tension, you can feel the action in this one. I just hope the weapon didn't let her down.
    @Jaderail - creative use of those 220 emotions (don't you just love them?) and great contrast with our heroes and the menace in the background. I feel for Charlie Girl, she's definitely going to have to embroider the truth when he asks what she was dreaming about... I always enjoy your storytelling.
    @Totte - you've made us retro point-and-click gamers very happy! Perfectly pulled together... and give me an insult match over dodgy key-press 'fighting' any day. :)
    @Morgan R Lewis - I agree, you've made the Gen 3 characters look very good indeed. This feels like a still from a movie and I want to stick around and see what happens next...
    @DennyL - looks like a fun pull, I hope you have time to put something together.

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    @cecilia.robinson - That is gorgeous! A real storybook scene elegantly put together... but with an extra RRRR surprise. I enjoyed the twist at the end of your description too.

Thank you so much, Jindi, I am humbled! I adore Raiya's textures and Valea's hairstyles, so I was happy with the draw. I'm going to make a series of renders with those people, I think... I felt the image was alright, but I was desperate to add that comic relief RRRR relies upon. That's when the kitten and the spider jumped in - straight into the action! That was fortunate for me :).

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,665
    edited May 2014

Fashionistos
    Giorgio Bello's Fall 2014 Renaissance-inspired fashions for men.
    tag:luci45#3

used:
    Rio for V4(Rendo)
    Michael 5 Elite Hair
    K-Nicky Hair Colors
    Jack of Hearts
    David 5 Fashion Poses

Fantasy Collar Genesis w Gala texture
    EvanHair
    Neo
    Barbarian King Belt w Gemologica shader
    Jamie Hair
    Suliman Texture (altered)
    Cut for Gianni
    Pirate for Genesis, Swashbuckler texture
    IanPierre for M4
    Wildenlander M5 boots
    Wildenlander M5 kilt and vest w/Ye Olde Clothe texture
    Steam Cowboy Boots
    Alchemist Medalian
    Asguard Cleric
    Defiant bracers
    Night Watcher for Onyx Male Choker
    Lorenzo and Loretta Lorez
    Ye Olde Cloth
    Thalia Hair
    Possibilities 2PC Dress for Genesis 2 Female and Victoria 6
    Fun and Flirty for Summer Dress for Genesis
    Gabriella for V5
    Georgina Hair
    Photoshop
    Filter Forge
    Rons Bokah

fashionistos_.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 468K
    Post edited by luci45 on
    edited December 1969

You put so much effort into this one, great! I value the cool use of shaders very highly. Good job!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you divans and Jindi and others. I was hoping the image would speak for itself.
    I have been a bit under the weather and this was my first render afterwards. I'm way behind on the thread with comments but I have been looking in and enjoying it very much. I'll try to come back and get caught up in the near future. Right now I'm playing with a Dress and finding I really like it very much. Think this second pull is going to be loads of fun.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

The "other" project is finally at a point where I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel (or is that the proverbial headlight of the oncoming train!?), so I decided to pull for my next go-round (#2):

2599 - Coiffure Celeste Hairstyle
    1942 - Making Faces
    2491 - On a Certain Night
    1392 - The Dress for Victoria 3

Man, weirdness seems to follow me like a puppy these days...! (And a cyclorama texture, too! Whose what do I have to kiss to get a free re-draw...?)

For the record, that "project" was... making a dress for the daughter of a friend of my nephew. She has a part in her school's summer production of 'The Music Man', so she need something Edwardian.

I delivered it last night, and now my only task is to clean up the debris field. The guest-house looks like an explosion in a Vera Wang sweat-shop.

But I now have time to indulge in my one true passion: RRRR renders! Here's entry #2:

Also used:
    Millennium Kids Young Teens: Luke and Laura
    Laques Hair (found it on ShareCG, eons ago!)
    Shelby by LA3D (another ShareCG freebie; it's an M3 MAT, but it works on Luke, too!)
    Ivey for Generation 3 Females (Laura's skin texture)
    Tales of Adventure - Young Teens
    TOA - Ode to Dragons
    Millennium Dragon
    Teen Act (Luke pose)
    Teen Equestrians (Laura pose)
    Bete Noire for The Dress
    Nerd3D Smokin' Flames Tool

TAG: obanion#02

Title: "Don't Talk to Strangers"
    One would think, after the debacle involving those little brats Hansel and Gretel, that any wicked witch with three brain cells to rub together would have gotten the message: Stay away from strange children in the forest. (Especially if they're out taking their pet dragon for its evening constitutional at the time!)

RRRR_Summer2014_02a.png
    800 x 600 - 593K
  • HastyDaveHastyDave Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

A second one, even!

Pull #2
    Mecha Bay
    Anime Nurse Textures
    Christmas Decorations
    Ron's Stained

We have cookies

wehavecookies.jpg
    1000 x 850 - 143K
    edited December 1969

And..., it's on to Round Number 3!

The pull:
    475 - Parkside JTC Logistics
    1188 - Summertime Grill
    2055 - East Park
    1477 - Happy Camper for V4

Hmm, this could go two ways: one fairly pedestrian, and the other just flat-out weird.

Three guess which way I'm thinking...!

• Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
    edited December 1969

For the record, that "project" was... making a dress for the daughter of a friend of my nephew. She has a part in her school's summer production of 'The Music Man', so she need something Edwardian.

I delivered it last night, and now my only task is to clean up the debris field. The guest-house looks like an explosion in a Vera Wang sweat-shop.

But I now have time to indulge in my one true passion: RRRR renders! Here's entry #2:

Also used:

(...)

Wow, you've been pretty busy. Such little girls are the thoughest among customers, I think :P. But you managed to prepare another render, I like the idea of poor witch being harassed by some teenage vandals (where is that new generation heading to?). Can you tell me how can I get that Laques Hair please? I'd love to try it on one of my characters.

@Hasty Dave, I see you drew inspiration from those propaganda posters... Good idea! I bet that, especially if the people are malnourished, cookies can be tempting.

You guys are so quick! So many great renders since I've last been here...

(...)

@cecilia.robinson: Lovely render. Again very nice work on blending the stock images with the render. Cat looks cute and the flowers are a nice addition too.
    @luci45#3: Another splendid render! I really like the bokeh and lighting effects in this one, very good postwork. I also like the concept. Those guys are wearing some curious looking clothes.

Thank you very much, I enjoy that Luci45's render a lot too! Postwork is a very difficult piece of work, you know. Sorry for asking other people to render a few things I don't have. On a positive note, if you lack something you know I have, feel free to ask, I'll do my best to provide the stocks! This is perfectly DAZ-okay, after all.

edited December 1969

Thanks Morgan R. Lewis, Jindi & Tarina Kivi for your comments!

@cecilia.robinson: “CLASH OF MINDS” : Thats a very nice render with a lot of tension in it.
    @Luci: “Fashionistos” : Wow, what a remarkable render with some very cool postwork.
    @: “Don’t Talk to Strangers” : Haha, great idea and render Ken, poor witch ;-)
    @HastyDave : “We have cookies” : Nice execution and post work, and so lovely weird!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158
    edited May 2014

Wow, you've been pretty busy. Such little girls are the thoughest among customers, I think :P. But you managed to prepare another render, I like the idea of poor witch being harassed by some teenage vandals (where is that new generation heading to?). Can you tell me how can I get that Laques Hair please? I'd love to try it on one of my characters.

In case Ken isn't back soon, I can tell you that there's a link in the Free Hair thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/447/ - author was one "Seisui" (hope the link still works?)

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

In case Ken isn't back soon, I can tell you that there's a link in the Free Hair thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/447/ - author was one "Seisui" (hope the link still works?)

Thank you, all but one links worked! I snatched every haircut I could, I'm a hair obsessive-compulsive collector :P. Only link to "Suspend Character and Hair" didn't work, the rest thankfully did. I'll have to extract them from character packs, but they seem to be worth the trouble. Thanks again!

edited May 2014

@Sasje "Beware of the Curse" - great! I love the girl's expression, and that's a neat use of the weird mix of pull items
    @Jindi "Welcoming His Second Wife" - oh dear! she should definitely run now... Nice lighting, just the right things highlighted.
    (And thanks for your comments on mine)
    @dievans "Anywhere But Here" - ah yes, the embarassment - I love the teenage boy's grumpy hunched pose! So the lizards are going to overrun the world?
    "Zombie Hunt" - nice feeling of action and great lighting.
    And thanks for the comments on mine too.
    @HastyDave "Miraculous Rescue" - oops! the Anime Girl's expression is just right.
    "We have cookies" - nicely posed amd nicely finished too - that's the best recruitment poster I've seen for a long time :)
    @Morgan R. Lewis "Disciple of the Yogi" - interesting scene - really makes me wonder what will happen next...
    @Totte "Guybrush Threepwood's ..." - no idea who GT is, but I do like your render - that circus looks very threatening.
    Oh, and thanks for your comment on mine.
    @Jaderail "Charlie Girl!" - she's in trouble for sure! And she looks so fond of that sleeper - hope they survived. Nice dark atmosphere there.
    @cecilia.robinson "Clash of Minds" - lovely render, I love the colours and the light.
    And glad I could help with the hair thing...
    @Luci45 "Fashionistos" - great render! Must have taken some time to put all those people together too. I only miss the poofy-pants? :)
    @Ken OBanion "Don't Talk to Strangers" - fancy making us feel sorry for the witch! Good one.
    @Tarina Kivi - thanks for you comments on my first.
    @KaribousBoutique - thanks - actually I had meant to use the Gothic Construction Set to build the room, but it had so little "wall" and so much "gap" that didn't really work out.

• MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited May 2014

@Morgan R. Lewis: Nice render. The pixie communicating with the woman is a nice touch.

Thanks. I wanted her to look a bit distracted for the impending basket-swipe, so of course I had to have something to distract her... in the absence of any small bird figures in my runtime, the Power Pixie seemed like a good choice. :)

And I think I'll grab my next pull here...

Numbchucks from Dragonspace.com (appear to no longer be listed)
    Sooth Slayer from the old Daz Free Archive
    Millennium Kids - Young Teens http://www.daz3d.com/millennium-kids-young-teens
    N1 Interceptor http://www.daz3d.com/n1-interceptor

...Hmm. That was looking plausibly easy right up until that last one.

Post edited by MorganRLewis on
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

Thank you, Melanie, for covering my @$$ this morning!

Sorry I missed this one, I was out running errands. Had to drop by the local animal shelter (a stray kitten showed up on our back patio yesterday), and then swing by the appraisal district to pay the quarterly property taxes. Then on to Walmart to replenish my supply of K-Cups (Green Mountain's Nantucket Blend, and Gevalia Dark Royal Roast - and if you want to call that last one a shameless Totte suck-up, then go ahead; because it so totally was!) Oh yeah, and finish cleaning up the barn after my little adventure in haute couture!

I've been trying to connect to ShareCG to grab the link to the Laques hair, but somebody's internet connection (probably mine) has been just dog-ass slow lately. I looked for it in my archives, but all I found was a fit pose for Poser's Simon (seriously, does anyone ever actually use the stock figures that come with Poser?), with no readme, or any other attribution. I would have bet that the readme for the pose would include a link to the hair itself; sadly, no such luck.

Anyway, the hair archive file appears to be one that didn't survive the disk crash early last year.

But, thanks to Melanie, we both have the hair! Well, I was able to get it back, in case I knock another external drive off my desk! Because I really like it; it's my first-among-equals go-to hair when I'm working with David. That, and AprilYSH's Jamie Hair; that's a great one, too!

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

@Totte "Guybrush Threepwood's ..." - no idea who GT is, but I do like your render - that circus looks very threatening.
    Oh, and thanks for your comment on mine.

Sensing gaps in your cultural education I do.
    Thanks ;-)
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,665
    edited December 1969

Wow, things have been busy here!
    Thanks, gopherus, Jindi, Tarina Kivi, Totte, MelanieL, dievans, KaribousBoutique, Kyoto kid. MelanieL, the designer takes himself way too seriously to use poofy pants. They would have been perfect!
    KaribousBoutique #2 Beautiful render. I love the people all running for cover. I'm glad " the funny came back." I guess that means no serious injuries.
    Gopherus #01 Haha. I love the poses and expressions
    Ostadan Nice render, calm and mysterious What's going on there?
    Ken OBanion #01 Yes, they do look a bit out of place there. Welcome back, BTW. I'm glad you got a little break from working.
    MelanieL #1 I love it! Great use of the pull. Awesome three monkeys!
    Sasje #1 Great to see you back! Beuatiful render. You always have such great compositions, light and textures!
    Jindi #2 Oooooh, really sinister! Nice render!
    TimG #1 A very pretty render! Nice light, composition and colors. Even without people, this has a great sense of whimsy and incongruity. I just read dievans post. I didn't know what spellribbons were. They do look very cool there.
    dievans#2 Haha, I love the poses and description!
    HastyDave #1 I'm glad you finally completed one. Nice render and cool way to make a hole in a wall. I did that something like that once then forgot that I did it. But I didn't know you could use LIE on the opacity map. I've only used it on the diffuse. Duh. Thanks for sharing that.
    Morgan R. Lewis #1 Beautiful render! Welcome to the RRRR.
    Totte #3 An awesomely crazy render! I love it! (And I don't know Guybrush Threepwood either.)
    Jaderail #1 Wow, really dark and dramatic, and sorrowful!
    dievans #3 Wow, great action and light. It looks awesome at full size. Right in yer face and nowhere to run!
    cecilia.robinson CLASH OF MINDS Haha, great description! Nice one.
    Ken OBanion #2 Wicked! I don't know who that witch is, but Balea would steer clear them for sure.
    HastyDave #2 Another nice one and pretty odd too!

Pull #4:
    Revelrie Midway
    Snow owl
    Summer Night
    M4 Internal Organs
    Forest Superior

OK, my last pull (#3) was too easy, but this is nuts. I'm a little squeamish about doing what comes to mind...

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    I've been trying to connect to ShareCG to grab the link to the Laques hair, but somebody's internet connection (probably mine) has been just dog-ass slow lately. I looked for it in my archives, but all I found was a fit pose for Poser's Simon (seriously, does anyone ever actually use the stock figures that come with Poser?)

Good question. I don't want to offend anyone, but they look pretty hideous to me. Nearly no products for them as well.

Wow, things have been busy here!

cecilia.robinson CLASH OF MINDS Haha, great description! Nice one.

Pull #4:
    Revelrie Midway
    Snow owl
    Summer Night
    M4 Internal Organs
    Forest Superior

OK, my last pull (#3) was too easy, but this is nuts. I'm a little squeamish about doing what comes to mind...

Thank you so much, I'm humbled! The draw looks difficult, but I bet you'll come up with something excitingly RRRR - meaning good fun guaranteed!

edited May 2014

@Ken OBanion - no problem. Glad you got the files back too.
    @Totte - ah, I googled him (Guybrush T) - not a gamer of any type (if you discount playing Freecell while waiting for renders to finish, which you probably do discount :) )
    @Luci45 - thanks, those monkeys are growing on me, despite their lack of decent textures - one day I might try LAMH on them - they've cropped up a few times recently in RRRR so maybe "Monkey" is my new "Merman" :-)

edited December 1969

What the heck is going on with my post above? It displays as a full quote while I inserted the quote codes properly... Anyway, sorry. It's just like with dots and commas that display even though they're not in the message. I only get this effect on DAZ forums. Strange.

edited December 1969

you need to have quote and an /quote around the blocks you quote

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

I'm really glad we have some time before this one closes. I'm a little stuck with my last pull. Okay, a lot stuck. I need to sacrifice a rubber chicken to the gods of creative rendering...