*CLOSED* RRRR - [Random Runtime Roulette Render] - Classic Contest *Tons of prizes*

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,665
    edited December 1969

Thanks, MelanieL and gopherus!
    Welcome to the newcomers, and great to see you back, Dievans!

KaribousBoutique #1 Yes, pretty serious indeed. She looks like she can handle those knives pretty well. Too bad DAZ didn't offer a little more thigh protection. Devils can be nasty biters.

cecilia.robinson Good to see the piglet and heroine having a good time - that's the nice thing about cartoon where nobody gets hurt.

Jindi#1 - Nice one! I love the double render and really funny. I like the dolls too. Cool.

Totte #2 Mind the Gap A really weird scene! Why am I not surprised. Did he fall or is he just goofy around to alarm people? Or is the Gap sucking him in? And where did you get that Subway Train?

dievans Gorgeous render- I love the light and textures. The expression is perfect in the scene.

My next pull:
    Rio for V4(Rendo)
    Michael 5 Elite Hair
    K-Nicky Hair Colors
    Jack of Hearts
    David 5 Fashion Poses

All people, hair and clothes! To easy... Oh, well.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited May 2014

TAG: KaribousBoutique #2

Okay, next pull...

6118 - Shades of Life - Urban Construct - Part 2 (DimensionTheory), DAZ
    439 - Archeress (lunchlady), RR
    622 - Bambi for Giselle 6, (Fisty, Sabby), DAZ
    4099 - Magic for Carnival Entrance (Sarsa), DAZ

Wow, thanks everyone for the comments! Apparently, I need to have less "real life" because every time I pop back over here, there are three pages of images for me to catch up on, lol. I'm going to have to take a close look at them all, because they appear to be fantastic! As for me, well... the funny came back.

Title: Disgruntled Employee
    Rendered in DS 4.6, postwork in Photoshop.

"Budget cuts," they said. "Tightening our belts and making some tough choices." And while it was left unspoken, everyone knew that fairies were SO twentieth-century. For years, she'd pranced about their three ridiculous rings, wearing skimpy tutus and gaudy tiaras, flying an endless series of stunts which left her exhausted and sore. Her entire youth had been spent busting her tail at that job, making barely enough to keep fairy-food on the table. And for what? A "thanks for your hard work" and a week's worth of unused vacation pay? It was too much to bear. If they thought she'd take her dismissal lying down, they had another thing coming. She'd make sure they were sorry for all those years they'd made her shoot apples off the heads of clowns for sixteen hours a day. Oh yes. They'd be sorry. Very, very sorry...

Also used Ranger Props for Genesis 2 Female(s) (3D Universe), Carnival Big Tent and Cheirocrates (Jack Tomalin), Ferris Wheel and Carousel Swing Ride (Serrge, Sarsa), Ecomantics - Efficient Ecosystems (DimensionTheory), Advanced Ambient Light (Age of Armour), Pixium Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s) (Neftis3D), and Honey Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s) (3DCelebrity).

Disgruntled1.jpg
    1887 x 2000 - 752K
    Post edited by Karibou on
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

Wow! look at all the renders!!

@Cecilia.Robinson good one. Wild and exuberant! Babe meets Apocalypse Now.
    i m hearing the ride of the valkyries and "i love the smell of napalm in the morning" in the background

@Jindi Shades of Peter Pan and the lost kids. Well told story!

@Totte LOL! So that s what happens to skinny people who ride the subway and don t watch their step.

@Dievans Nice expressions! And suspense! Isn t that what Hitchcock emphasized... the audience knowing what was about to happen
    to the unknowing character.

@Luci Love the murky fantasy of reds and greens, oranges and blues. You can feel that you re there in person. Well done!!

@Karibousboutique Ha! So that s what happened to all the arrows. When i was in high school we guys never got archery because all that
    was left was the bows after the girls shot all the arrows into a housing tract across the street. no knowing what pissed them off. Good one!

edited December 1969

Gopherus #01
    I Coulda Been a Rockstar

Draw:
    Victoria 2 base
    Colors for Timeless Male Hair
    Raelyn for Stephanie 4
    Anime bundle
    and…. RM Veronica

I coulda been a rockstar! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum.
    If I only had his hair!!!

Rockstar00.jpg
    1080 x 864 - 885K
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited May 2014

Blink and there's another handful of crazy-awesome renders! I'll probably fail hopelessly at keeping up with comments but I enjoy seeing them all. Guess I should think about my next one too.

@Gopherus: that's laugh out loud funny! Love it! You have such a unique style, it's always interesting seeing what you come up with.
    @KaribousBoutique: you don't know how in awe I am of you and your elegant renders... And as if elegant wasn't enough, you give us funny too! Already I have no idea which way I'll vote on this contest.
    @Luci45: amazing image, it reminds me of something from an adventure game. Now I want to click on the character and start interacting with the slime beast! :)
    @dievans: great storytelling through composition. I adore her expression too.
    @Totte: another laugh out loud one, although I didn't know whether to laugh or cringe, poor guy. Ouch! Now every time I hear 'mind the gap' I'll have this image in my mind as an extra warning.

____

I miss Zawarkal. Anyone know where she is? I hope she takes part, RRRR wouldn't be the same without her.

____

Edit: I'll add my pull here to save on another post.

Jindi02:
    280 The Study Exapansion Pack
    264 Kingdom of Marrakesh by Night lights
    331 BRC Empathy
    235 K-Nicky Hair for Genesis

Post edited by IndigoJanson on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jindi

Next Pull:
    Martial Arts Weapons
    Safari Starter Bundle
    M4 Pirate
    Hiro 4 Starter Pack
    and.... Lisa Botanicals Creepy Trees II

• Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

gopherus said:
    Wow! look at all the renders!!

@Cecilia.Robinson good one. Wild and exuberant! Babe meets Apocalypse Now.
    i m hearing the ride of the valkyries and "i love the smell of napalm in the morning" in the background

Oh, thank you so much! Yes, I was inspired by "troubling content alert" on DA and by a parody of a recent Disney song. I couldn't get it out of my head and a friend of mine drew a picture of "a piggyback ride" as she put it long time ago which I like very much. When the stuff got from the generator, everything popped into their places! A pity I don't have Stonemason's Urban Ruins, but fortunately fellow guys as DA were happy to provide the stocks.

@cecilia.robinson: A fun render! I like the way you've combined all the elements. They work well together.

Thank you very much! I wasn't sure about using the trees in the background, but then it looked quite okay - the toon colours and the contrary in the silhouettes.

Jindi said:
    @cecilia.robinson -- thanks for the vote of confidence! :) Glad you enjoyed it (and I love your Kimberley, she's full of character). Just wanted to add a quick note about the dolls. G2F (or Olympia here, I think) make great dolls with very little work, just scale them down and then the rest is just posing. I'd be happy to share pose presets for the 2 here if you want them.

Thanks so much, I'd love to!

@cecilia.robinson: great entry - you embraced fun which I like.

Thank you, I'm glad you think so. The problem is, it is quite layered, because the first thing you should get is that it's funny, but then you realise that it is a sad truth that there are so many explosions in popculture that are totally not needed. But they are thrown into and the kids eventually stop getting moved by such dangerous things. I have doubts if it's good...

cecilia.robinson Good to see the piglet and heroine having a good time - that's the nice thing about cartoon where nobody gets hurt.

Yes, no living entities were hurt in the process :lol: - well, I hope so! You can never be sure of that when Kim goes mad... :coolgrin:

PS I'm not sure about the award policy, but do you think I could contribute a texture pack for some free hairstyle, let's say and still enter the contest?

edited March 2017

edited May 2014

PS I'm not sure about the award policy, but do you think I could contribute a texture pack for some free hairstyle, let's say and still enter the contest?

I hope we can attract some more sponsors.
    Sponsors may of course participate in the contest, their own decision. As Ken O Bannion so elegantly put it, sponsors play for keeps.
    If you want to sponsor this RRRR, send me a PM or post in the thread!

Thanks, but I just want to know if my entry (entries?) won't turn NAE if you agree :) (this wasn't clarified - what does Ken's phrase actually mean?). I'll send you a note so as not to litter the thread. By the way, the look of Kim's clothes was achieved by a combination of shaders and ParrotDolphin's free Oriental Materials from Rendo's freestuff area. Magus wellies turn a totally different pair if you apply them :).

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,525
    edited December 1969

Thanks Luci, gopherus, Jindi, Tarina Kivi

@dievans: Very nice render, great lighting on it, and I expect no less from you, you’ve always have great lighting in your renders!

@Luci: That’s a really nice render, and your texture fixes are just great. One thing I never played with but did last week that is awesome is the Photoshop Bridge, get the texture maps into PS directly for an item in the scene, edit and send back and they are saved as new texture maps. I haven’t played with 3D painting yet but I think it’s possible to get the mesh over to PS (or I’m wrong). and Btw, the subway train is from Rendo, bought it some months ago, needs some DS shader settings but as you see it looks really good. Forgot who did it though.

@KaribousBoutique: Never disgruntle an employee with archery skills, very good!

@gopherus: Classic RRRR weirdness, love it!

@Cecilia.Robinson: contributors plays for keeps but we already have enough prizes this run. I fact I’ve parked some for the next one already. Ken note means that anyone c´donating can still enter and we do that all the time trying to win back what we chipped in, it’s part of the game. Look at it as a bunch of friends around a table a saturday evening playing poker. Everyone brings some prizes to the table and intend to walk away with more than the brought in, although there is no obligation to brings tuff to the table in RRRR.

Btw we have 28c ( 82f ) here now so I'm melting away...

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    Just wanted to add a quick note about the dolls. G2F (or Olympia here, I think) make great dolls with very little work, just scale them down and then the rest is just posing. I'd be happy to share pose presets for the 2 here if you want them.

Thanks so much, I'd love to!

Already created the pose seen on blonde doll as a preset for G2F and Genesis 1. I'll send you a PM to sort out getting it to you. :) If anyone else here wants the preset, just PM me.

(I didn't bother with the other doll because the only thing I'd moved from t-pose was the arms. One arm straight up, other arm back and bend the elbow and you pretty much have it.)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,164
    edited May 2014

Still not got started on my first entry - got sidetracked - but thought I'd take a look at what's new here...

@cecilia.robinson "LET THEM BURN" - that's really cute, I like the matching smiles!
    @Jindi "The Gulls are Peckish" - clever, and I love the expression on the little girl's face. Hope he fell in?!
    RE: Zawarkal - she's been posting a few in the PC Monthly Challenge recently, so still around
    @Totte "Mind the Gap" - oops! Very funny. The woman behind him on the train looks like she couldn't care less about his problem (just like a London commuter!)
    RE: Heat - so that's where it went! We're shivering at 16c (and that's indoors) here in southern England today!
    @dievans "Hide and Seek" - lovely render, nice lighting - but who is seeking whom? (Looks like he found her.)
    @Luci45 "Consulting the Oracle" - lovely scene (even the slime monster looks pretty!) I have resisted Giselle up to now (so many Gen2 women already) but will doubtless succumb in the end...
    @KaribousBoutique "Disgruntled Employee" - another beauty - lovely colour scheme and nice poses (I like the man running for his life)
    @gopherus "I Coulda Been a Rockstar" - funny! Poor guy, the girls aren't going to look at him, are they?

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    @Cecilia.Robinson: contributors plays for keeps but we already have enough prizes this run. I fact I’ve parked some for the next one already. Ken note means that anyone c´donating can still enter and we do that all the time trying to win back what we chipped in, it’s part of the game. Look at it as a bunch of friends around a table a saturday evening playing poker. Everyone brings some prizes to the table and intend to walk away with more than the brought in, although there is no obligation to brings tuff to the table in RRRR.

Btw we have 28c ( 82f ) here now so I'm melting away...

Okay, I got that, thanks. I will try to prepare something decent and you can use it in the next run if you like (I will send in a note). And I hope the whole heat wasn't - ENTIRELY - caused by Kimberly's goofing off! :)

edited December 1969

Ooops, your message box is full cecilia.robinson. You'll need to make some space before the system will let me send you a new PM. :)

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    Ooops, your message box is full cecilia.robinson. You'll need to make some space before the system will let me send you a new PM. :)

I'm sorry, I'm always behind :(! I cleaned it now - at least partially, so you should be able to send it now. By the way, can you check if you can use the email form too? I tried to allow emails.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Emails are disabled for forum members

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Emails are disabled for forum members

Oh, too bad (why?). Sorry then, discard my previous message.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Pretty easy one; the only surprise is the Plant Pixie which was part of a fantasy bundle I seem to have picked up but never actually installed.

Fantasy Separates Vol 3

House of Mog Ruith - Interior

Brandon

Plant Pixie

conferees.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 575K
    edited March 2017

• DievansDievans Posts: 207
    edited May 2014

Holy cow this thread moves fast! Thanks Luci, gopherus, Jindi, Tarina, Totte and MelanieL for the comments!

Ostadan, this is just so awesomely weird with the Plant Pixie and the rabbit. Very funny that the two humans seem to be asking what they're going to do with these two character now that they're at the table.

Gopherus, that guy's expression is priceless, and that group of women is just crazy. It's so....RRRR :-)

Karibous, great action, and I love the framing. Great story for it too.

Luci, Consulting the Oracle is very cool! The moss textures look great, and that's one seriously slimy looking monster. I love the lighting effects, and that's a nicely done dark forest.

Next pull:
    Jump your way
    Onyx for Genesis Male
    Old West Sheriffs Office
    Lizardians

Post edited by Dievans on
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

And for my first draw (drum-roll, please.... Seriously, people, do I actually have to wave my baton?)

32 - Vignettes for Classic Deco
    394 - Isolde 2
    231 - Neo for David 5
    68 - What a Cutie! Expressions for Stephanie 6

Hey, I actually managed to get one done! (But before I pull for the next one, I have one project that I simply must get wrapped up!)
    Also used:
    Classic Deco
    Classic Deco - Eclectic
    Wicked Queen Outfit
    Anubis for Genesis
    Victoria 4
    Demona for V4
    Diamond Hair
    Mountain Rite (Skydome)

TAG: obanion#01

Title: Movin' On Up: Queen Maleficent's New Digs
    Logically, it made perfect sense; a no-brainer, even: that hoary old pile of a castle was costing her a fortune to heat in the winter, and she had never been able even to track down, let alone get rid of, that god-awful smell coming from the dungeon, but still.... Something about this new place just didn't feel right!

RRRR_Summer2014_01.png
    1000 x 750 - 1011K
    edited March 2017

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    OK so here goes Pull #1:

2029 = Taylor for Stephanie 6
    251 = Gothic Construction Kit
    1087 = Muelsfell Display Plinth
    1625 = SilverKey 3d Monkey
    LB Item: 1690 = Reflections

TAG:MelanieL#1

No Evil

The Victorians were great ones for giving their children improving tales and improving toys. Every good Victorian girl was taught that she should behave like the three monkeys of the proverb: See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil.

Also Used:
    Taylor - Pen Hair, Victorian Underwear freebie by Pusey Designs (aka Wilmap)
    Reflections Victorian Bedroom, Reflections Furniture (bed and table)

MelanieL1-No-Evil.jpg
    1024 x 896 - 443K
    edited December 1969

Some great new entries today, I see:
    @Ostadan (no title) - good one, nice lighting and interesting sense of the mysterious (why have those characters come together?) - I like the map too, where is it from?
    @Ken OBanion "Movin' On Up..." - another weird and wonderful bunch of people, what are they doing in her apartment? (Good to see you back too)

Time for pull #2
    161 = Morphing Skull
    1208 = Mecha Bay
    1384 = Indigitamenta
    1177 = Shape Shift for Genesis
    + LB Pull Item: 839 = Stephanie 5 Poses
    Certainly an odd set - I hope I can come up with something more interesting than the last one...

edited December 1969

Thank you, Tarina and Melanie; it's good to be back in the asylum. (Seriously, I was starting to go through withdrawal!)

The "other" project is finally at a point where I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel (or is that the proverbial headlight of the oncoming train!?), so I decided to pull for my next go-round (#2):

2599 - Coiffure Celeste Hairstyle
    1942 - Making Faces
    2491 - On a Certain Night
    1392 - The Dress for Victoria 3

Man, weirdness seems to follow me like a puppy these days...! (And a cyclorama texture, too! Whose what do I have to kiss to get a free re-draw...?)

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Hey Jindi, it's nice to be thought of... Hi everybody. I have been lurking.

I got behind on images for other challenges that I wanted to do. And, when I think I'm doing one for one that I'm behind on, I find that I have another one to post somewhere for which I've already done one.

I've got my first pull and I've got an idea for it, just not sure how quickly I'll be able to get it started...

pull #1
    Filippa Hair
    DMR Lynettes Dark Rites
    Jamie Hair
    Outdoor Fun Set

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,525
    edited May 2014

(And a cyclorama texture, too! Whose what do I have to kiss to get a free re-draw...?)

Conchita Wursts (google that)

Post edited by Totte on
    edited March 2017

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Conchita Wursts (google that)

Oh, why do I listen to you, Totte? Why!?

Do you have any idea how much brain-bleach it's going to take to scrub that image out of my head!?