*CLOSED* RRRR - [Random Runtime Roulette Render] - Classic Contest *Tons of prizes*

Comments

• FobokFobok Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    You post them in the entries thread, tag, title and image only.

Aha, ok, thanks. :)

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Ok, so, I thought I'd finally get cracking and make an entry for this, based on a few subtle pokes from Totte and Jaderail!

So here are my rolls. I'm actually pretty happy, I would never have thought of a combination like this!

1: Fantasy Castle 2011 Castle Keep
    2: The Core
    3: Homo Erectus M4
    4: The Forest King

First proper render for quite some time! See ya soon,
    Barry.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

And..., it's on to Round Number 3!

The pull:
    475 - Parkside JTC Logistics
    1188 - Summertime Grill
    2055 - East Park
    1477 - Happy Camper for V4

Hmm, this could go two ways: one fairly pedestrian, and the other just flat-out weird.

Three guess which way I'm thinking...!

I am not at all happy with this one, but after all manner of distractions and sidetracks, I finally just decided, 'To H-E-double-hockey-sticks with it!' and decided to post it, just to get the thing off my plate.

So here it is, and good riddance to bad rubbish!

Also used:
    Ash character for Teen Jayden 6
    Darc character for Genesis 2 Male
    Trendy College Outfit for G2M
    Newport Outfit for G2M
    Casual Long Hair
    Micah Hair for G2M
    BWC The Man (Poses for G2M, and another shameless Totte suck-up!)
    Happy Camper Essentials
    Amaya Hair
    Edmond Hair
    Versatile Terrain
    Mountain Rite (Skydome)

TAG: obanion#03

Title: Seizing Every Opportunity to Embarrass Your Teenaged Kids in Front of Their Friends.... Priceless!

"Dude, isn't that your mom and dad over there camping out in the old railyard?"

RRRR_Summer2014_03.png
    800 x 600 - 557K
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

I hear you Ken. I also felt like my first image was missing something. After several days of trying to improve it, I just let it go, too.
    So, I am going to try and get a second image this time. Here is my pull.

pull #2:
    Teen Jayden 6 Starter Bundle
    Alien Module
    Ron's Hydro Explosion brushes
    Mil Dragon 2 Hatchling

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And why are you complaining, Jaderail? Does a dark elf whine when willing prey comes into his lair :coolgrin:? Regarding your last render, I love elderly models, I was very glad to see it. The only thing is that I'd swear the hair on the lady is Udane Hair and not Amarseda. Anyway, it is very nice!
    Opps!! Yep, you were 100% correct. I forgot I started playing around with the Hair when I started trying the different styles of the dress. I just never went back and corrected it. Proper renders now posted to both threads.
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    And why are you complaining, Jaderail? Does a dark elf whine when willing prey comes into his lair :coolgrin:? Regarding your last render, I love elderly models, I was very glad to see it. The only thing is that I'd swear the hair on the lady is Udane Hair and not Amarseda. Anyway, it is very nice!

Opps!! Yep, you were 100% correct. I forgot I started playing around with the Hair when I started trying the different styles of the dress. I just never went back and corrected it. Proper renders now posted to both threads.

No problem at all, I enjoy both very much! By the way, where are those first-plan trees from if I may ask? They look very nice.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Tag:Sasje#2

RRRR:
    -Real Tanks and Containers
    - Dark Raven Stances (Rendo)
    - EmotiGuy
    - Fantasy Instruments

For the rest:
    - back prop from InaneGlory's Photo Studio Lux
    - textures for back prop from DG Shader Essentials

Lets Rock

Smily_RRRR_2_Mei_Juni_bew.jpg
    1066 x 800 - 322K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Spyro, this is wonderful. Make it a wallpaper please!

Many Thanks Cecilia, much appreciated :D

I also very much liked your submission Let them burn too. Very playful and vibrant, you composed everything very well :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Spyro, this is wonderful. Make it a wallpaper please!

Many Thanks Cecilia, much appreciated :D

I also very much liked your submission Let them burn too. Very playful and vibrant, you composed everything very well :)

I feel humbled! It sucks that I don't have Urban Ruins. Fortunately stock providers are so understanding! The jury here too :P.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Thank you Totte, MelanieL and Luci45 :-)

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Well, maybe my next pull will be better. So here goes....

Round #4:

120 - The Studio Bundle
    289 - Fantasy Poses for Aiko 5
    582 - CD Player, CD Case & CD
    2316 - SP3 Nighty

Hmm.... Then again, maybe not.

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

Thank you cecilia.robinson (sorry about the delayed response). I wish I could claim the book cover's texture but it's actually the original texture that came with HLA Book. I just took it into GIMP and added the words then switched textures in the shader room before rendering. (If that makes sense... I haven't had any coffee yet!) :)

I too like your "Let them burn" render. It looks like it could be a movie poster for a fun action movie!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

Wow, some great renders since the last time I stopped by!

Madame LeZarde's Synthetic Organs
    Tag:luci45#4

The wars in the Borgod Forest among the Orcs, Gremlins and Demonecornuto lasted for more than 45 years until a truce was finally brokered. When Madame LeZarde arrived from Planted Xuvia in the Dubon System she noted that healthy profit could be had from the gremlins, who had seemingly endless quantities of stolen loot . She ordered synthetic organs from her home planet (after sending them samples of the real thing.) Her brother Bobby delivered them and decided to hang around between supply flights and sell zap guns to the natives. The Catmen Hospitaller Brotherhood aided on the battlefields, performing organ transplants when required, which was often.

Revelrie Midway
    Snow owl
    Summer Night
    M4 Internal Organs
    Forest Superior

Also used:
    Greater and Lesser Goblin
    Davy Jones Locker for M4 Pirate Pants
    Brutish Armory
    Dark Moods for Genesis Choker
    Totte's BWC Aid Station (Yur Digital)
    Lorenzo LoRez
    LoRez Monk retextured
    Demonecornuto LR
    Cargo Units 2
    Real Cases 1
    Science Fiction Pistols
    Sea Rovers for Pirate for Genesis and Genesis 2 Male(s)
    Shades Of Life - Nature
    Lizardians Xtreme texture
    Genesis Creature Morphs
    Drakon

synthetic_organs.jpg
    1600 x 914 - 670K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,513
    edited December 1969

@KaribousBoutique: Checkmate - Very good render with a great DOF, really nice story in it too.
    @KaribousBoutique: Keepers of the Holy Teacup - Another nice one from you.
    @HastyDave: Vampire Hunter - Nice girl, she looks tough!
    @emsim: Stolen Christmas - What a fun render with a really coo, story, Pixar, are you listening?
    @Fobok1: Parkside Tunnel Bathhouse - Haha, very nice idea and usage of the items, and a great render too.
    @Zawarkal: |:| Mommy Dearest |:| - Ohh, looks like a real nightmare that would any depressionist full of awe.
    @Jaderail: Old World Excursion - Another great one, great render, love the look of his armor, and the trees.
    @Spyro: The Seeker - Superb render, and very creative usage of the pull!
    @Ken OBanion: Seizing Every Opportunity to Embarrass Your Teenaged Kids in Front of Their Friends…. Priceless! - You have a talent when it comes to find interesting ideas to render, a true baldie!
    @Sasje: Lets Rock - Very creative! Cool render!
    @Luci45: Madame LeZarde’s Synthetic Organs - Very nice render and very creative.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,513
    edited December 1969

TAG:Totte#4

Totte said:

#24 Ancient Blades by Merlin (#13731)
    #4440 The Facility: M4 Straightjacket (Rendo)
    #3101 Motel Bundle (#19018)
    #1140 Bucket List (#16848)

Also used:

Outdoor Camera:
    Scene props:Car Roland, Car Ranger, Aston Martin DB5, VWBus, BMW Z3
    Figures:
    Him: G2M + Jason + Jaunty Hat + Alpha Scalp + Long noose shoes + Causal (thsirt, pants, Jacket & Belt)
    Her: G2F + Zyra + After School 2 + Sporty Braid

Bathroom camera:
    Metalized Glass Shaders + Liquid props + Rigged Water
    Showergirl: Genesis + Chablis + Wet Hair
    Attacker: G2M + Svengar + Homme + Berlin City Spirit + Adventurer’s Jacket + Brit Hair

Bedroom camera:
    Liquid Pack + Rigged Water
    Drunken man: Genesis + Doyle + Mean Streets + Inebriated Poses + Goop Shader

Psycho Room:
    Westpark Legacy Wheelchair
    Mr Bates: M4 + Edmund + M4 Urban Wear
    TV-Screen: 1950s Motel + 50s Family Car + 50s Luxury Car

Motel Security Monitor
    In the motel, so much is happening that security had to install cameras, and now they have their own private reality-TV.

motel-security.jpg
    2000 x 1504 - 850K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Wow, some great renders since the last time I stopped by!

Madame LeZarde's Synthetic Organs
    Tag:luci45#4

The wars in the Borgod Forest among the Orcs, Gremlins and Demonecornuto lasted for more than 45 years until a truce was finally brokered. When Madame LeZarde arrived from Planted Xuvia in the Dubon System she noted that healthy profit could be had from the gremlins, who had seemingly endless quantities of stolen loot . She ordered synthetic organs from her home planet (after sending them samples of the real thing.) Her brother Bobby delivered them and decided to hang around between supply flights and sell zap guns to the natives. The Catmen Hospitaller Brotherhood aided on the battlefields, performing organ transplants when required, which was often.

...that's great.

Looks like I got my work cut out for me. (and yes I am working on the submission as I type).

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No problem at all, I enjoy both very much! By the way, where are those first-plan trees from if I may ask? They look very nice.
    If you mean the forward trees in Excursion those are from Nature Pack: Trees and the BG forest is Ecomantics Efficient Ecosystems Billboard sets. I use bits of many sets to create landscapes when I do one from scratch.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

...I use the various tree and shrub props from Ecomantics a lot myself for backgrounds. Not a big drain on resources during rendering and they look great.

edited December 1969

Thank you Totte for your comment. I hope I have now redeemed myself with this one.

zawarkal #02
    |:| How To Train Your Dragon 2054 |:|

Now playing everywhere in HVG (Holo Vid Gen), using the latest technology in Interactive Movie Viewing.

items pulled:
    Teen Jayden 6 Starter Bundle
    Alien Module
    Mil Dragon 2 Hatchling

used:
    Holographic Video Generator Theatre items--
    Teen Jayden 6 Starter Bundle using Gabriel, Smart Hair, Day by Day & Basic Cool Poses
    It Boy Expressions for Teen Jayden
    The Display Room w/lights from set
    Glitch

Movie items--
    Alien Module
    Mil Dragon 2 Hatchling using Dragon Jewel textures
    Feeloo using G1, Scifi Siren, & Loyce Hair
    Level 19 w/lights from set
    Regenerator
    Robot Rem (small)
    Security Systems
    AoA Easy Volume Cam and Adv Distant Light
    Easy God Rays
    Atmospherics Fog & Lightning
    Fog Tool Multiplane

hvg2054.jpg
    1785 x 2000 - 503K
    edited December 1969

here is the |:| Regeneration |:| room inset created for the above image... not an entry
    just to share

inset.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 353K
    edited June 2014

@Luci45 - that sounds like a really needed business...
    @Totte - that's scaringly funny. Something is definitely wrong with me. Or is it just immunity to 3D violence?
    @Zawarkal - the film was lacklustre and somehow embarrassing (my family made me watch with them - they soon regretted that move for I'm a killjoy when pointing out mistakes in films or games). The entry totally outwits it!

emsim said:
    Thank you cecilia.robinson (sorry about the delayed response). I wish I could claim the book cover's texture but it's actually the original texture that came with HLA Book. I just took it into GIMP and added the words then switched textures in the shader room before rendering. (If that makes sense... I haven't had any coffee yet!) :)

I too like your "Let them burn" render. It looks like it could be a movie poster for a fun action movie!

Using shaders is an art on its own - great job! I'm very glad and humbled to hear my entries didn't hurt your eyes too much, I wasn't sure if I should upload them, but the joy of playing with you all took over :D.

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    Thank you Totte for your comment. I hope I have now redeemed myself with this one.

zawarkal #02

Now playing everywhere in HVG (Holo Vid Gen), using the latest technology in Interactive Movie Viewing.

Impressive work, Zawarkal! Amazing detail in this. Your last one also looked like a lot of work went into it, but it scared me a little so I prefer this one. :)

I've got some catching up to do, both on looking through everyone's work and getting back to my own.

edited December 1969

[quote author="cecilia.robinson" date="1401963896@Zawarkal - the film was lacklustre and somehow embarrassing (my family made me watch with them - they soon regretted that move for I'm a killjoy when pointing out mistakes in films or games). The entry totally outwits it!

I loved the first movie. I have not seen the second one though. Glad you like the image.

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    Zawarkal said:

zawarkal #02

Impressive work, Zawarkal! Amazing detail in this. Your last one also looked like a lot of work went into it, but it scared me a little so I prefer this one. :)

I've got some catching up to do, both on looking through everyone's work and getting back to my own.

lol, even my son will not look at the first image!
    Thanks for your comment on this one, I do feel better about it

• FobokFobok Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Fobok1 said:
    354: Light the Way
    19: Andrea for Genesis Young Teen Julie
    2: A Curious Bank
    85: Christmas Past Expansion

This one was tough and I'm not entirely happy with it.

Title: Bank Yard Sale

To help raise money for the refurbishment of a historical town bank, a volunteer from the local school hosts a yard sale.

Lamp-Sale.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 415K
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Totte, Kyoto Kid.
    MelanieL - The Silverkey Monkey is pretty cool. Do you have the Hurdy Gurdy outfit?

Karibousboutique #3 - Ooooh, beautiful render. That may be the best way to win at chess for those of us with little patience. I like the smoking gun.
    Karibousboutique#4 Well it is pretty funny - the DAZ fantasy girls and the Holy Teacup!
    Don't worry, this thread is indominable!
    Welcome back, Fobok1!
    HastyDave#3 Forte sometimes have to be stretched or even abandoned here with the weird draws we get. That's half the fun. Nice image - I like the blood coming out of the compartment door.
    emsim #1 I love it. Cool scenario and beautiful render!
    Fobok1 #1 Hmmm, strange. Like SciFi Bunny girl, I wonder what's going on in there...
    Zawarkal #1 A horrific and amazing image. Your postwork is always incredible. Wow.
    Jaderail #2 Hehe, I guess she doesn't liek roughing it. Great characters.
    Spyro#1 Gorgeous scene. I love the composition, lighting, statue and the blur to keep the big statue in the back.
    obanion#03 Great use of your pull! It's really funny. I never would have thought of doing that...
    Sasje#2 LOL, I don't like the Emotiguy. I pulled it once and did a pretty good render. This one of yours is just awesome, one of my favorites so far! Bokah and twinkles always get too me, but mostly I like the expressions and posing. Great fun!
    Totte#4 Wow, creepy, gross, well done! You had a pretty wicked pull.
    Zawarkal #02 This is just stunning! I love looking at the full-sized one, so full of awesome details and rich texture. I loved How to Train Your Dragon (1) once I got past the Scottish-brogued Vikings.
    Fobok1 #2 Nice job with another weird pull. Typical yard sale - not much of interest by the time you get there. What's with photo portraits? Are they for sale?

My Fifth pull:
    Fantasy Collar Set for Genesis 1 & 2 Male(s)
    The FREAK 4 Base
    SpineBender and Astral Armor Textures
    Never Was
    Collective3d 5 Low Poly Bungalows

I had intended to kick a few of those (F4 and Horse 1 Armor) out of my runtime and off my computer, but never got around to it. So...for their final bow...

edited December 1969

Thank you Luci45!

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited June 2014

Jindi said:

Now for my pull, Jindi#03

12 SBRM Threatened and Endangered 3 (HW)
    59 MFD for G2F
    122 Tyllo Stargates textures (Christmas Countdown freebie)
    391 Candle Collection

Tag: Jindi #03
    Title: Remember, it's about the birds...

Everyone was delighted when gorgeous Hollywood star Nidale agreed to appear at the 3rd Annual Fundraiser for Threatened and Endangered Birdlife. This elegant, candlelit occasion promised to be a night to remember.

However, Nidale urged everyone to remember that she was not the star attraction of the evening and that it was all about the birds.

In fact, they had an even more special guest. Oh yes... she was thrilled to announce that Ken Gilliland was there with a rare and beautiful Kea, a bird native to New Zealand. This was surely a much more exotic sight for the media -- the bird, not Ken, she added with a laugh, as the photographers began to click away.

Of course, there's always one guest ready to grab any attention she can get...

----------

SBRM birds featured are Kea, Colorful Puffleg and Golden-Cheeked Warbler
    Stargates textures on Nidale's skirt, other girl's outfit and the curtain

Also used:
    Nidale, Neo and Pippa textures; Miss Fisher's Wardrobe Feminine Wiles; Mean Streets; Town and Country; Courtly Intrigue poses (at back)
    Jewell Hair, Charm Hair, Osaka Hair, crown from Paradise Bird Hair;
    shaders from Silkessence, Pimp My Prop, Eva1's parquet floors and AoA's metallized glass;
    Cloth Sofa Sets (tablecloths); Maclean's Room Creator; self-made glasses, curtain and banners

aboutthebirds_jindi03.png
    1200 x 675 - 2M
    Post edited by IndigoJanson on
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Novica said:

How do I get an itemized history? When I first started using Studio I could go into my purchases and get an itemized purchase history.......that option is no where to be found in my account info nowadays.......any suggestions?
    Aave, I buy too much stuff to bother with updating my products lists- I'd go nuts- so I just use the Product Library- there's 40 items on a page, use the Randomizer to get the numbers, then take it from there. For example, with 40 items on the page, if I drew number 86, I'd just do 86 divided by 40 is 2 so that would be page 2. That only equals 80 so it is on the next page (page 3) and I need 6 more. So page 3, number 6. Easy and fast. And since bundles are listed in the Product Library, you have the same chances as everyone else of drawing one. Hope this helps.

That's not a bad idea... Except there's not a quick way to navigate through the pages in the product library screen and I have 130 pages of content, which makes navigating to page 73 a real PITA. And I'm one of those nutcases who uses content from all the major marketplaces, so I use the DIM and an excel database with a randomize macro.
    You are all so hard-working!!! I simply copied what I had in the order history, pasted into an Excel sheet and ordered "Sort by letter". Now I'm slightly embarrassed... Sorry, but including all freebies would be too difficult. That's exactly what I do for RR and DNA. And I don't include freebies, either... though I do keep all my freebies in a single runtime, which I use in the Freebie challenges over in the Freepozitory here. :)
    HastyDave #1 - Excellent use of the opacity map -- very cool result!
    Morgan R Lewis #1 - Ooooooh! Ninja! Great posing, too.
    Totte #3 - LOL! Classic! (It would have been a great addition to the games, btw!)
    Jaderail #1 - I love how this tells a whole story with just a single picture. Love the marauding trolls in the background!
    dievans #3 - Ooh! Love the action in this one! Great sense of motion.
    cecilia.robinson #2 - My money is totally on the kitten. Lol.
    luci45 #3 - Perfection!! You always do such magnificent work with crowds. And the catwalk poses are hilariously realistic. Bravo!
    obanion #2 - Some evil villains never learn, do they? Well, she's about to spend time at a barbeque, I think!
    HastyDave #2 - Did someone say cookies?? Lol, this is a wonderful use of your pulls!
    HastyDave #3 - I think your slimy postwork was perfect. And the whole scene really fit together nicely!
    emsim #1 - He looks like he'd get along with the Karibou Who Stole Christmas. (She was born several RRRRs ago, which I won't get into because I'll start speaking in iambic pentameter.) In any event, this is a really great use of all those pulled items! Love the special effects, too!
    Fobok1 #1 - I love how seamlessly you connected the Tube Station with the Bathing Parlor! Very believable!
    zawarkal #1 - Great colors. Very creepy!!
    Jaderail #2 - LOL, the expressions on their faces are perfect. Once again, tells a great story with just a glance!
    Spyro#1 - Gorgeous DOF effects! Love the background!
    obanion #3 - That's what parents are SUPPOSED to do! Love how you set the scene -- using the window was really cool.
    Sasje #2 - Emotiguy!!! You've done a fantastic job showing off all his emotions, lol. This is a really fun render!
    luci45 #4 - Oh, Luci, where can I find Madame LeZarde?? Because I have some organs that DEFINITELY could use replacing. Your renders usually make me laugh out loud, and this was no exception. The cigarette hanging out of the salesperson's mouth (and I use the word "person" loosely) was absolutely priceless!
    Totte #4 - Security footage -- that's BRILLIANT!! Completely deranged, but brilliant! The details in all four of these frames are perfect!
    zawarkal #2 - Love the holographic effects! So much to see in this one!
    Fobok1 @2 - I adore the "Curious" sets and you've done wonderful work with this one! :) Great idea!!
    Jindi #3 - Just be careful not to look up when the endangered guests fly over, lest you get, er, "bombed." Lol. Nice work!
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

That's not a bad idea... Except there's not a quick way to navigate through the pages in the product library screen and I have 130 pages of content, which makes navigating to page 73 a real PITA.

LOL, I feel your pain, I'm in the same boat, and I understand what you're saying. But until recently (since I have stopped buying the last couple of weeks, don't need more female characters, women's skimpwear, or poses) I was adding a lot of products every week and doing it my way was fast- just clicking through the numbers was better than transferring only the new things and keeping up with it. But I can see the drawbacks of both approaches.