*CLOSED* RRRR - [Random Runtime Roulette Render] - Classic Contest *Tons of prizes*

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Conchita Wursts (google that)

Oh, why do I listen to you, Totte? Why!?

Do you have any idea how much brain-bleach it's going to take to scrub that image out of my head!?

muahahahahaha :coolgrin:

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Good to see you Zawarkal! RRRR wouldn't be the same without you.

@Ostadan - Plant Pixie is cute and weird at the same time, and I get the feeling that rabbit means mischief! It's fun to imagine what's going on here, very nicely done.
    @Ken OBanion - There's a housewarming party I want to be invited to! I like the contrast of the 3 different characters and their different moods... and wow that shadow!
    @MelanieL - Clever work creating the historical feel throughout (the juxtaposition of girl on swing with the girl at the dresser is a very nice touch). A lovely scene with a hint of weird thanks to those monkeys...

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Tag:Sasje#1

Beware of the curse

Why didn’t they listen to the old man
    Why do they removed him from his resting place
    The old man told so to them, don’t take him from his resting place or you will release the curse
    And now ……………….. we are doomed.

RRRR:
    - Sci-Fi Crates 'n Containers
    - Aiden for M5 (texture)
    - Cheyenne for M4
    - Urban Fae

Also used:
    - Amun Raw - The Mummy
    - The Cargo Hold
    - Scarf Braid Hair
    - StreetWear : Jeans For Genesis
    - StreetWear : Mens Sneakers for Genesis

RRRR_eerste_1_Mei_Juni.jpg
    1333 x 1000 - 405K
    edited May 2014

Fantastic expressions and poses Sasje! Silly girl should have taken that curse seriously....
    ____

Jindi said:

Jindi02:
    280 The Study Exapansion Pack
    264 Kingdom of Marrakesh by Night lights
    331 BRC Empathy
    235 K-Nicky Hair for Genesis

Tag: Jindi02
    Title: Welcoming His Second Wife

Welcome to your new home, my sweet. Come, you must be weary. Udo here will help you unpack your things.

My late wife did say I'd marry again over her dead body... Funny how things work out.

Also used: Ibrahim (Phoenix1966), Hunchback (RawArt), Kori (Silver, Countess) Mil Cat, Mil Dog LE, Church Props (Merlin), Vintage Luggage (Slosh), Possibilities Dress (Aave Nainen), Jade Hair, Pirate and Night Guard/Midnight Watchmen and Elven Warrior.

WelcomingSecondWife_jindi02.png
    1200 x 848 - 1M
    Post edited by IndigoJanson on
  • Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Ah, Aave Nainen seems to be beginning to stalk me :P. Great piece and it is even a bit funny (I say a bit, because if you think it over, it is saddening). I like pictures that evoke mixed emotions. The Victorian lady is dressed in a beautiful way. I also enjoy the blend of that mummy morph with Native American ones.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Thank you Jindi and Tarina Kivi :-)

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    1662 - Sushi Time 1 http://www.daz3d.com/sushi-time-one
    1648 - Summertime Grill http://www.daz3d.com/summertime-grill
    1533 - Shadowcaster Spellribbons http://www.daz3d.com/shadowcaster-spellribbons
    583 - Fairytale Collection - Palace Entrance http://www.daz3d.com/fairytale-collection-palace-entrance

are we allowed to customize textures? as long as the original product is recognizable?

Tag: TimG#1
    Memorial Day Sushi-Q at the Palace

SushiQ.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 3M
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited December 1969

Next draw:

Primrose for S4 http://www.daz3d.com/primrose-for-s4
    Millennium Horse Texture Pack 2 http://www.daz3d.com/millennium-horse-bundle
    Appliances Pack http://www.daz3d.com/appliances-pack
    Mouse for Genesis http://www.daz3d.com/mouse-for-genesis

well this should be interesting

• DievansDievans Posts: 207
    edited May 2014

Ken, Maleficent's expression is priceless, perfect for that scene :-).
    MelanieL, beautiful render! Lovely soft lighting.
    Sasje, very cool! That's not a pull I would have wanted to figure out, but you did it nicely. Nice touch with the fog too.
    Jindi, cool setup, and so grim! You've got a good Poe-like vibe going on there.
    TimG, wow the lighting in Memorial Day Sushi-Q at the Palace is great! And I love how you used the spellribbons - very creative.

My last pull was:
    Jump your way
    Onyx for Genesis Male
    Old West Sheriffs Office
    Lizardians

Anywhere But Here
    Even in the far future it's totally uncool to visit totally boring ancient sites with your totally lame family.

anywherebuthere4.jpg
    1440 x 612 - 650K
    Post edited by Dievans on
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited May 2014

Shew! Okay, I've finally had a moment to stop and look over the wonderful entries so far this month. (My fiance is moving in, so things have been a little crazy here!) This is the perfect stress-reliever, though. So, here's my feedback on everyone's awesome renders...

luci45#1 - Excellent way to start the contest! (And I'm a teacher, so I'm sorry to say this scene looks a litle familiar...!)

Totte#1 - I wouldn't want to be the guys who have to move that tank! The smoker was a nice touch, too.

cecilia.robinson#1 - Lol! Dynamo Pig. What's not to love? (And everything is better with bacon!)

Jindi#1 - What a great idea! The "15 years later" caption made me laugh. :)

Totte#2: Morbid humor at its finest! I particularly like the rather bored look on the woman behind the victim...

dievans#1: - Gorgeous render! You made wonderful use of those expressions -- her face fits the scene perfectly.

Luci45#2: - Part of me kinda wants my OWN Slimeon the Slimebeast to consult on future decisions... and part of me shudders at having one of those in my back yard. Brilliant as always!

Gopherus#1 - Poses and expressions are priceless!

Ostadan#1 - This is both beautiful and whimiscal!! Feels like this should be a cut scene in a video game!

Obanion#1 - Ooh, Maleficent is moving up in the world, lol.

MelanieL#1 - That is a beautiful render!! Clever use of the Gothic Construction Kit!

Sasje#1 - Eeek! She looks properly terrified. :)

Jindi#2 - Wow -- your render is absolutely beautiful -- wonderful lighting and composition -- and it tells a fantastic story!

TimG#1 - Lol, sushi and hamburgers. Sounds like a great meal to me! Yum!

EDIT: dievans#2 - (It took me so long to post my feedback that you added another render while I was typing!!) It's nice to see that ALL family vacations share that same attitude, lol... Gorgeous DOF, btw.

And now for pull #3...
    6001 Science Fiction Pistols (Valandar) - DAZ
    4331 Midsummer Night Dream Hair (Valea) - DAZ
    3145 Hero's Refuge (marforno) - RR
    1121 Chess MASTER (ironman13, Fugazi1968) - RR

Post edited by Karibou on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Thank you, KaribousBoutique. DAZ Piglet is one of my favourite animal figures alongside with Gorilla for Genesis and DAZ Hippo from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly bundle. TimG, I envy that Primrose draw... Everything by Thorne is an instant hit with me. I could imagine a reasonable scene with her, MilHorse and Genesis Mouse, but those appliances...? Wow, some really good thinking and tinkering seems unavoidable. My draw was quite sensible one, don't you all think?

edited March 2017

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

TAG: KaribousBoutique #2
    Okay, next pull...

6118 - Shades of Life - Urban Construct - Part 2 (DimensionTheory), DAZ
    439 - Archeress (lunchlady), RR
    622 - Bambi for Giselle 6, (Fisty, Sabby), DAZ
    4099 - Magic for Carnival Entrance (Sarsa), DAZ

Wow, thanks everyone for the comments! Apparently, I need to have less "real life" because every time I pop back over here, there are three pages of images for me to catch up on, lol. I'm going to have to take a close look at them all, because they appear to be fantastic! As for me, well... the funny came back.

Title: Disgruntled Employee
    Rendered in DS 4.6, postwork in Photoshop.

"Budget cuts," they said. "Tightening our belts and making some tough choices." And while it was left unspoken, everyone knew that fairies were SO twentieth-century. For years, she'd pranced about their three ridiculous rings, wearing skimpy tutus and gaudy tiaras, flying an endless series of stunts which left her exhausted and sore. Her entire youth had been spent busting her tail at that job, making barely enough to keep fairy-food on the table. And for what? A "thanks for your hard work" and a week's worth of unused vacation pay? It was too much to bear. If they thought she'd take her dismissal lying down, they had another thing coming. She'd make sure they were sorry for all those years they'd made her shoot apples off the heads of clowns for sixteen hours a day. Oh yes. They'd be sorry. Very, very sorry...

Also used Ranger Props for Genesis 2 Female(s) (3D Universe), Carnival Big Tent and Cheirocrates (Jack Tomalin), Ferris Wheel and Carousel Swing Ride (Serrge, Sarsa), Ecomantics - Efficient Ecosystems (DimensionTheory), Advanced Ambient Light (Age of Armour), Pixium Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s) (Neftis3D), and Honey Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s) (3DCelebrity).
    ...in some ways I can really identify with this. Nice work.

...fairies may seem so "darling and cute", but never never get one angry

edited December 1969

dievans said:
    Thanks Novica, good to know :-)

Hey look, a render!
    Used:
    Making Faces for Aiko 5
    Isabel Hair
    Millenium Sub-Dragon
    Adarian Textures

Hide and Seek

...love her expression. Feel a bit sorry for the dragon.
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Consulting the Oracle
    tag: luci45#2

...this is exquisite, a very nice illustration for a storybook.
    edited December 1969

...apologies for not commenting on everything here right now. Fell out of the loop for a while due to ever pressing RL issues (though did manage to vote for last month). Consequently, not been working much on scenes (including pulls for previous RRRRs) over the last few months as there have been just too many other distractions to deal with.

Really miss this though.

Been backtracking through the thread. and there are a lot of good entries already in so short a time.

• HastyDaveHastyDave Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

I've started entries before, but never managed to complete one.

Pull #1
    Courageous for V4
    The Alcove
    West Park Ward
    Anime School Girl Uniform

Miraculous Rescue

Miraculous_Rescue.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 523K
  • DievansDievans Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Thanks KaribousBoutique, Tarina and Kyoto Kid!

Kyoto, I feel for you - those RL issues have kept me from many an RRRR too. I hope you find time to post, I always enjoy your work. I had forgotten that one of the really great things about this contest is that you have to go back and use things you might have overlooked, like that Aiko express pack. There's a lot of subtly there that I had forgotten about and will definitely be going back to.

HastyDave - great first post! The POV is fantastic. Very cool :-)

edited March 2017

edited December 1969

HastyDave said:
    I've started entries before, but never managed to complete one.

Pull #1
    Courageous for V4
    The Alcove
    West Park Ward
    Anime School Girl Uniform

Miraculous Rescue

...god job on your first completed entry. All the elements can be identified. So how did you made the hole in the wall?

I too have been guilty of beginning but not finishing submissions (lately due to other circumstances as mentioned in my previous post).

• HastyDaveHastyDave Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the kind comments.
    KK, the hole in the wall is really just an opacity map applied to the wall surface. But to make it easier to position with the figures, I made a completely opaque map and then used the LIE to overlay a smaller PNG containing the transparent ellipse.

edited December 1969

...nice technique. Very convincing.

• MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

I'll tentatively throw my hat in the ring... here's what the randomizer threw at me:

Fortune Teller Accessories for SP3 and V3 http://www.daz3d.com/fortune-teller-accessories-for-sp3-and-v3
    Defenders of D'Akir for David 3.0 http://www.daz3d.com/defenders-of-d-akir-for-david-3-0
    V3 High Fantasy Character & Clothing Bundle http://www.daz3d.com/v3-high-fantasy-character-clothing-bundle
    Picnic Basket http://www.daz3d.com/picnic-basket

One of these things is not like the others... now to get to assembling...

edited December 1969

Welcome @MorganRLewis! An interesting pull....

@KyotoKid, good to see you here and I hope RL spares you enough time to enter this month.

@HastyDave, looking good! That Kimberley does like flirting with danger... Very fun and a real sense of story.

@dievans, very creative and I can't help but grin every time I look at this one. Yep, we've all been there, humans and lizardians alike. :)

@TimG, ooh those spell ribbons! Very effective as flames, and a good still life from this unusual mix.

------

Now for my pull, Jindi#03

12 SBRM Threatened and Endangered 3 (formerly DAZ, now HW)
    59 MFD for G2F
    122 Tyllo Stargates textures (Christmas Countdown freebie)
    391 Candle Collection

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,495
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Conchita Wursts (google that)

Oh, why do I listen to you, Totte? Why!?

Do you have any idea how much brain-bleach it's going to take to scrub that image out of my head!?

ROFL, so does 1/3 of the European population or so.

edited May 2014

@Ostadan: Very nice render, we’re taking the dragons to Kings Landing?
    @Ken OBanion: Haha - has Mr OBanion written all over it!
    @MelanieL: Very good and clever usage of the items!
    @Sasje: Very nice and very living story. makes me think of the classic Adventurers famous last words “I should have payed more attention to that old man…”
    @Jindi; Nice dark humor, the best kind!
    @TimG: Very nice and clever usage of the items, very good render too.
    @dievans: Nice one dievans, I see you’ve been on a trip with your kids ;-)
    @HastyDave: Very cool POV, really nice image!

Pull #3
    #1303 Cirque Du Macabre: Entrance (RDNA)
    #4340 Tentacle-Z (Rendo)
    #4895 Winter Snow
    #4273 Swashbucklers

Gaah, a cyclorama texture set, we do love it don’t we Ken, and no, I won't do that!!
    And a weird mix, so weird I think I’ll know a theme already!
    Edit: Wasn't a cyclorama, puh!, was just a textureset for Victorian House, even simpler ;-)

Post edited by Totte on
  • MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

I'll tentatively throw my hat in the ring... here's what the randomizer threw at me:

Fortune Teller Accessories for SP3 and V3 http://www.daz3d.com/fortune-teller-accessories-for-sp3-and-v3
    Defenders of D'Akir for David 3.0 http://www.daz3d.com/defenders-of-d-akir-for-david-3-0
    V3 High Fantasy Character & Clothing Bundle http://www.daz3d.com/v3-high-fantasy-character-clothing-bundle
    Picnic Basket http://www.daz3d.com/picnic-basket

One of these things is not like the others... now to get to assembling...

Pull as quoted above; from the Bundle I used the Tariena and Edana skin textures and the Edana costume set.

Also used:
    Fantasy Camp II
    Fantasy Camp III
    Stephanie 3 Petite
    Beret With Hair
    SP3 MFD
    Nyx
    Victoria 3
    Pretty Little Ears
    Order of Steel
    David 3
    Real Emotions for Stephanie 3 Petite
    Power Pixie
    pwGhost
    Troll Rogue (for boulder)

Disciple of the Yogi

Disciple_of_the_Yogi_1K.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 94K
    edited December 1969

Tag: Totte#3

Totte said:

#1303 Cirque Du Macabre: Entrance (RDNA)
    #4340 Tentacle-Z (Rendo)
    #4895 Winter Snow
    #4273 Swashbucklers

Also used:
    Guybrush Threepwood: Teen Danny + Pirate (for Swashbucklers) + Mullet Hair
    Le Chuck: M4 + Ludovich + M4 Pirate + Davy Jones Locker + RAW Warrior Poses +
    The amusement park: “Cirque Du Macabre” + “Winter Snow (a bunch of props)” (retextured with AoA Grass and Stone bundle & Ultraviolet [those icicles hanging over the gate])
    Silverkey Monkey + DNA Tools
    Cloud Nine Domes

Guybrush Threepwood’s less known adventure
    During the adventures that never made it to the game series, poor Guybrush had to face LeChuck in an insults swords fighting duel, surrounded by tentacles.

monkey_island-22.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 401K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Here we go... the wheel spins and we get... PULLS!!

2047 220 Emotions for Genesis
    201 Charlie
    1677 Fantasy Camp II
    1016 Troll for Genesis

Well now that just seems to darn easy... Shut up Jade, count your lucky stars you darn fool.
    Now that the weather has allowed me to do more than moan, a render.
    Used all of the above and...

Ranger Outfit
    Ranger Hair
    Parts of....
    Medieval Tavern
    Medieval Inn
    Medieval Barn
    Nature Pack Rocks
    Sci-Fi Bedroom
    Opus Magnum
    Woodcutters Kit
    FM's Easy environment: Grasslands
    Skies Of Economy

Tag; Jaderail #1
    Title: Charlie Girl!!

Charlie Girl had a hard time explaining just how the Trolls made it all the way into camp on that fateful night.
    Charlie_Girl.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M