"GODZILLA!!! Everybody, run!!!"

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Ah, there are those pearly whites...er, uh..."yellows"?

Yeah, getting the included teeth to look imposing was a bit of a challenge when I dialed up my variation.

Sincerely,

Bill

• I know these aren't kaiju, but I had to show them off... The ZE01 missile tanks are from Daz, the rest are obj models, either freebies from tf3dm or CGTrader (I bought the type 10 tank there), that I rigged in Daz, thanks to my friend Chris Schell giving me some advice on how, along with a tutorial.

jsdf military vehicles I rigged.jpg
    1853 x 901 - 531K
  • Redfern said:

Ah, there are those pearly whites...er, uh..."yellows"?

Yeah, getting the included teeth to look imposing was a bit of a challenge when I dialed up my variation.

Sincerely,

Bill

Well, the... yellows, :3 looks ok to me, as most real animals' teeth aren't pearly white. Oh, man the teeth on Kaiju are fine if they are tiny lil pointy things, but if you need anything approaching proper theropod type teeth, forget it!

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279

Godzilla made with DAZ Dragon 3 and Zilladreki.  I applied one of the newer Iray Dragon3 materials.

godzillaDark001.jpg
    989 x 881 - 186K
  • And here's another Godzilla vs military shot:

fight Godzilla!.jpg
    1853 x 901 - 537K
  • edited August 2017

New poster for Revenge Of Godzilla! Not gonna try to box myself in with saying it'll be out such and such anymore, cos with crap in my life getting in the way, not much progress has been made with the script, and I'm still getting together 3d resources for it.

new revenge of godzilla movie poster2.jpg
    4800 x 7418 - 3M
    Post edited by dynagirlsdaddy_c70e7535d2 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

...nice.

• kyoto kid said:

...nice.

Thanks! Put alot of work into it.

• Here's a new one, a test panel for the fancomic to see if I can do certain postwork fx I have planned.

stage 1 feeding.jpg
    1291 x 901 - 245K
  • So here's a WIP for a scene in the fancomic. I can't use the Iray Worlds skydome as I intended to cos the render makes DAZ crash. :/ No idea why. So I hafta use a backdrop, and the Real World Lighting sets, which more or less looks better. But keep in mind this is a LONG way from book ready:

WIP for nuclear plant attack scene.jpg
    1852 x 901 - 369K
  • Been working nonstop on this set, here's a new WIP: Again, long way to go before its ready for a real render.

Godzilla attacking Nuclear plant WIP2.jpg
    1852 x 901 - 399K

...hmm, odd moray pattern on the cooling towers. That will be fixed I hope.

• kyoto kid said:

...hmm, odd moray pattern on the cooling towers. That will be fixed I hope.

It's gonna be, I need to find a concrete texture that tiles better, or is gonna look more in scale. Again, its far from page ready.

• Well, if anyone ever wanted to throw together a King Ghidorah, this product looks like a good start for that...

https://www.daz3d.com/hydra

There'd be a bit of work involved, of course...

• Well, if anyone ever wanted to throw together a King Ghidorah, this product looks like a good start for that...

https://www.daz3d.com/hydra

There'd be a bit of work involved, of course...

I used Daz dragon 3 VERY effectively, actually:

Ghidrah v2 final.jpg
    1852 x 901 - 586K

...well done.

• kyoto kid said:

...well done.

Thanks! Was alot of work. But I am very happy with it. Hope he looks something like this in Godzilla 2.

• New WIP for the Nuclear plant. Grabbed new cooling towers, and doin a bunch of tweaks and stuff. This is VERY involved. I'd planned to do a test panel render a few days ago, but I am STILL not close to a true render!

WIP2.jpg
    1851 x 901 - 371K
  • Well, After a week and change of messing with it, unless I or my GF see anything screwy I am ready to say this set is ready for use:

final test render of Nuclear plant.jpg
    1851 x 901 - 353K

...nice.

• So, here is the final test render for the Nuclear plant set. Been working all week, every day when at home trying to get a searchlight made. Tried spotlights, the Iray Godrays, spheres, and so on. Nothing was working. I even had my GF take a crack at it last night when I got too frustrated. She stumbled upon the idea of using a plane in place of the Godrays prop, and using the associated spotlight with the plane. I refined her idea, and while it still needs tweaking, I FINALLY have a decently convincing searchlight beam!

attack on nuclear plant redo.jpg
    1855 x 901 - 656K

..that is great.

• kyoto kid said:

..that is great.

Thanks!

• So, here's my Godzilla(foreground) vs Shin Godzilla! Shin is a heavily custom morphed morphed Dragon 3, with Eastern and Zilladreki morphs applied, as well as custom textures. Also a dino skull on the tail for the goofy head on its tail thing Shin has going on. Fun fact: My godzilla is 80 meters, while Shin is 118 meters.

king vs king.jpg
    1860 x 910 - 566K
  • Here's an homage to a promotional photo from the 1954 film.

revenge of godzilla homage to '54.jpg
    1855 x 901 - 949K

...nice.

• kyoto kid said:

...nice.

Thanks!

• Connatic's Godzilla made from DAZ dragon 3 is beautiful. To bad it isn't a body pose file that can be shared because It's DAZ Studio. Not sure how that works. I only use Poser 10. I made The Beast from 20,000 fathoms from DAZ Dragon 3.

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279

Connatic's Godzilla made from DAZ dragon 3 is beautiful. To bad it isn't a body pose file that can be shared because It's DAZ Studio. Not sure how that works. I only use Poser 10. I made The Beast from 20,000 fathoms from DAZ Dragon 3.

I could probably share my settings.  You would need Zilladrecki.  

Does anyone know of a way to make the hand only have 3 fingers?

• Connatic said:

Connatic's Godzilla made from DAZ dragon 3 is beautiful. To bad it isn't a body pose file that can be shared because It's DAZ Studio. Not sure how that works. I only use Poser 10. I made The Beast from 20,000 fathoms from DAZ Dragon 3.

I could probably share my settings.  You would need Zilladrecki.  

Does anyone know of a way to make the hand only have 3 fingers?

What I did for my take on Shin Godzilla that I made from dragon 3 was to shrink the pinkie down to nothing, joint by joint. It's not really perfect, but the best solution I could come up with. I also used Eastern dragon and Wyverndreki morphs along with Zilladreki, as well as MASSIVELY reproportioning the legs and arms, since Shin has HUGE legs and tiny arms. NOTE: The pictures are the final version BEFORE I added the dino skull to the tip of the tail to be the head He has there, and in the first he has a tounge which he doesn't have in the film.

shing1.jpg
    1855 x 901 - 1M
    shing2.jpg
    1193 x 901 - 1003K