"GODZILLA!!! Everybody, run!!!"

Comments

• Stryder87 said:

Just did this, in anticipation of Skull Island and Godzilla vs Kong...

That makes me miss the game Rampage!!  laugh

Haha! Though I can't get into those games like I used to.. Guess modern games have spoiled me. :) Glad you like!

• Stryder87 said:

Just did this, in anticipation of Skull Island and Godzilla vs Kong...

That makes me miss the game Rampage!!  laugh

Haha! Though I can't get into those games like I used to.. Guess modern games have spoiled me. :) Glad you like!

MAME to the rescue!!!  yes

• Redfern, I can't select and delete in the free version. Gonna try another mapper program I found. Fingers crossed. :)

• Redfern said:

It migt be different for the free version, but in UV Mapper Pro, you select the material group you wish to keep, then "right click" and choose "select inverse" and then press the "delete" key on your keyboard.  The program will prompt if you "really delete selection?" and you click the "yes".

Of course, you don't HAVE to use UV mapper. You can employ any program that understands "materail" and "group" selections.

Sincerely,

Bill

Well, the other uv program I downloaded can't export to a model, just a uv map. Think Blender could do it? I have that and Poseray.... Hmmm...

• Redfern said:

It migt be different for the free version, but in UV Mapper Pro, you select the material group you wish to keep, then "right click" and choose "select inverse" and then press the "delete" key on your keyboard.  The program will prompt if you "really delete selection?" and you click the "yes".

Of course, you don't HAVE to use UV mapper. You can employ any program that understands "materail" and "group" selections.

Sincerely,

Bill

Well, the other uv program I downloaded can't export to a model, just a uv map. Think Blender could do it? I have that and Poseray.... Hmmm...

Poseray CAN DO IT! YES!!! XD I am excites, to quote my friend on DA, Pie-Lord! :)

• So here's a teaser for a one shot fancomic me and a friend are co writing that I'm doing the art for, with my newly improved Godzilla model made from Valandar's Kaiju, Scott Ayers Final Wars Goji, and Garee's Rex plus backplates!

revenge of godzilla teaser.jpg
    899 x 1726 - 359K
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Poseray CAN DO IT! YES!!! XD I am excites, to quote my friend on DA, Pie-Lord! :)

Glad you had a tool that allowed you to separate the component spinal plates.

Funny, I had just assumed you had already done something similar.  Are you syaing you used the Rex-Plus plates "straight from the box", bending it AND the Kaiju, simply "aligning" the two figures?  If so, I never would have assumed that.  While my solution is certainly NOT perfect, it should, in theory, allow a bit more range in posing.

Sincerely,

Bill

• edited November 2016

Redfern said:

Glad you had a tool that allowed you to separate the component spinal plates.

Funny, I had just assumed you had already done something similar.  Are you syaing you used the Rex-Plus plates "straight from the box", bending it AND the Kaiju, simply "aligning" the two figures?  If so, I never would have assumed that.  While my solution is certainly NOT perfect, it should, in theory, allow a bit more range in posing.

Sincerely,

Bill

Yep, that's just how I did it before. And not only didn't look as good as your way does(cos I couldn't have the backplates run all the way down the tail), but it was a NIGHTMARE when posing. I had three sets parented to his chest. So far, the only issue with using your technique is due to the morphs I use to give him a heiseilike build and the segmented tail. And it looks FAR better than how I had it before. Thanks for sharing how you did it!

Post edited by dynagirlsdaddy_c70e7535d2 on
  • Here's a promo for the fancomic coming to my DA gallery next year!

promo for revenge of goji.jpg
    900 x 1748 - 786K
  • Got a couple more to throw at anybody interested...

stage 1 and 2 regenerated Godzilla.jpg
    1856 x 901 - 685K
    godzilla rises redo.jpg
    1856 x 901 - 537K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

...those are really good.  I love the "promo poster". 

• kyoto kid said:

...those are really good.  I love the "promo poster". 

Thanks much! Hopefully the thing will be finished and posted by the date on the promo. I work slowly, unfortunately, especially with the writing. I am a decent writer, but I HATE writing. :)

• It's not Godzilla, but I attempted to recreate that ONE SHOT from the Skull Island trailer...

king kong trailer repro.jpg
    1854 x 901 - 176K
  • And here's this...

ready to fight widescreen.jpg
    1847 x 785 - 374K
  • liking all the renders love giant monster movies 

edited March 2017

...here's a good one by Ivy over on the Iray thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2245216/#Comment_2245216

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • edited April 2017

Hey all!

Skull Island ROCKED! hopes high for the Monsterverse. Shin Godzilla... Nope. If others like it, that's their right, but to me it's pleh. Anyhow... HERE! Rockor is a character created by Rockor9, formerly Doctordid on Deviantart.

the gigantic four.jpg
    1850 x 901 - 1M
    Bathed in flame.jpg
    901 x 1853 - 942K
    Post edited by dynagirlsdaddy_c70e7535d2 on
  • Just did this...

godzilla's rage.jpg
    1853 x 901 - 1M
  • My attempt at the King Of Terror. Used 3 Daz dragon 3 models parented together. Not finished, needs the backplates going down the necks and tails and the spiky stuff on the ends of the tails.

WIP New Ghidrah.jpg
    1853 x 901 - 2M
  • Full body shot...

ghidrah WIP full boidy.jpg
    1853 x 901 - 1M
  • zigraphix said:

Redfern said:

Yeah, I've been trying to avoid spoilers as best I can, so I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

But what good is a thread like this without art of some kind. So here's something I put together a few weeks ago. It’s Scott Ayers’ “Final Wars” Godzilla with my custom morph and procedural material set listed in the opening post. The “water” is one of the “toppers” from AntFarm’s display stands. I doubled the “Y” scale and plugged the watery “foam” into the displacement channel. The threatening sky is from AntFarm’s “Twister”.

Sincerely,

Bill

Nice job! That's a very similar face and body shape to the one they went with for the new film.

Needs a couple of destroyers and battleships being tossed about in the water to give a sense of scale, perhaps. :)

As for the puppetry, there's a long tradition of complex puppets in Japanese theater, so I'm not surprised that technique was used in Kaiju films.

And I definitely prefer subs to dubs, whether for anime or live action. Even if the anime is technically adjusted to match mouth movements, I can count the "good" dubs I've seen on one hand. Voice acting in the US just isn't taken seriously enough-- the actors are alone in a booth, fast-forwarding to their isolated lines, rather than interacting with the rest of the cast (as they would in Japan), and the style is usually goofy and exaggerated. I'd rather watch video "raw" (no translation) than put up with a bad dub.

This Godzilla movie gets around the sub problem by having Americans interacting with English-speaking Japanese characters in most of the story, but several of the American characters also speak Japanese. I was interested to see that the Japanese dialogue wasn't subtitled. There isn't a lot of it, the content isn't critical and is easily inferred by context, but still, I think it was fairly brave move, and a nice touch.

Lisa Ortiz is whom I'd call one of the better voice actors, since she puts a lot more effort into her work, her work on Slayers, for example, she does a lot to match the original voice actress for Lena Inverse.  In Lodos Wars, the person who created the series, at a convention, saw Lisa, who did Deedlit, and went to prasie her for her efforft on the character.

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279

The derelict railroad bridge looked like a perfect set for a Godzilla scene.  

godzillaBridge001.jpg
    989 x 881 - 197K
    edited April 2017

...is that a Yak-141 in the sky, an if so, where did you find it?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited April 2017
    kyoto kid said:

...is that a Yak-140 in the sky, an if so, where did you find it?

No, that looks like a Veritech from Robotech, in plane mode. Or Valkyrie from Macross if you want the original term.

Post edited by Valandar on
    Valandar said:
    kyoto kid said:

...is that a Yak-140 in the sky, an if so, where did you find it?

No, that looks like a Veritech from Robotech, in plane mode. Or Valkyrie from Macross if you want the original term.

I wondered if anyone would notice.  Indeed, it is Schell's Wildhog, which is based on the Valkyrie.

• Connatic said:

I don't recall Godzilla visiting the UK, but Gorgo did.

Connatic said:

I don't recall Godzilla visiting the UK, but Gorgo did.

Britain does not get anywhere near the kaiju credit it deserves!  Giant Behemoth and Gorgo are classics.  Godzilla will get around to stomping the British Isles, it's only a matter of time!

I am making some worthy opponents with Valandar's Kaiju products, and hopefully getting a decent Kong with the DAZ Gorilla 2.  More Monsters on the way!!

• In anticipation of Godzilla: King Of The Monsters, I give you this! Mothra is the giant Moths of the world Atlas moth, Ghidrah as you can see is finished, and Rodan is also the Daz Dragon 3.

let them fight redo.jpg
    1852 x 901 - 1M

In anticipation of Godzilla: King Of The Monsters, I give you this! Mothra is the giant Moths of the world Atlas moth, Ghidrah as you can see is finished, and Rodan is also the Daz Dragon 3.

Epic!  I like all of the versions. KG looks great.  Godzilla looks close to 1991 version, which is one of my favorites.

• In anticipation of Godzilla: King Of The Monsters, I give you this! Mothra is the giant Moths of the world Atlas moth, Ghidrah as you can see is finished, and Rodan is also the Daz Dragon 3.

Connatic said:

In anticipation of Godzilla: King Of The Monsters, I give you this! Mothra is the giant Moths of the world Atlas moth, Ghidrah as you can see is finished, and Rodan is also the Daz Dragon 3.

Epic!  I like all of the versions. KG looks great.  Godzilla looks close to 1991 version, which is one of my favorites.

Thank you! Godzy is kinda a cross between the Heisei version, and a more realistic 70's Godzilla. I eventually wanna try to add dino/bird like scales running down the fingers and toes like real dinosaurs, if I can figure out how. I am VERY happy with Ghidrah. That is how I hope he looks in G2. Also pretty happy with Mothra. Rodan can look better, but only cos I want a straighter beak and less a potgut, but that's because of the fact that the pteranodon's body is invisible and the join needed hidden best as possible.