Wouldn't It Be Nice If SmartProps Worked With More Than Just One Figure...

Comments

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited April 2015

Oh dear, my DS4.6 has just become unuseable - DS4.6: Unable To See Anything In ‘Content Library’ After Attempted Search

Can't do anything on DS4 till I get my content library view back... :(

FIXED ALREADY :)

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited December 1969

Good to hear that, and for me everything works at it should finaly. Great work. :D It is just amazing and works perfectly.

I have to say that I have ready Your posts few times but I still haven't figure out how it works, but I will try reading trough documentation and maybe ask questions late, for now important thing is that it works and I will try figuring out how to add props on my own to this script , and installing figures to work with it.

Well done :) this is very nice thing really, I am hoping to be able to use it in the future. Now Will try installing rest of Sixus1 figures and I am glad that G2 figures are also supported.

Thanks again for Your time :)

edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    Good to hear that, and for me everything works at it should finaly. Great work. :D It is just amazing and works perfectly.

I have to say that I have ready Your posts few times but I still haven't figure out how it works, but I will try reading trough documentation and maybe ask questions late, for now important thing is that it works and I will try figuring out how to add props on my own to this script , and installing figures to work with it.

Well done :) this is very nice thing really, I am hoping to be able to use it in the future. Now Will try installing rest of Sixus1 figures and I am glad that G2 figures are also supported.

Thanks again for Your time :)

I'm also very happy that you got it working ! :)

edited April 2015

Updated SmartPlusData.txt Files Available For Release 2 (And Release 3 Beta)

Updated datafile uploaded to ShareCG:

Smart+/PropGoto+ Updated Datafile

There are two versions - one without HANDPROXYDATA (compatible with release 2), the other with HANDPROXYDATA (for those using release 3 beta).

Both include the additional figure support data for Dusk, Genesis 2 Male, and Andy2/MilkManAndy. The latter also includes additional prop support as well.

- mjc shilleliegh
    - ESB lightsaber (doesn’t work in DS4)
    - Scythe/GreatCleaver from DAZ Store’s ‘Cleave’

So you don't even have to edit the datafile now ! :)

edited April 2015

Thoughts On Creating DUF-Based Smart+ Props... Part 1

mjc1016 said:
    Well, we are both thinking along the same lines, then.

I have the perfect way of testing it. I still have the original, not moved in DS version on my machine...it was imported as an obj, 'propified' and saved...then there's the packaged version. I'll compare the results from the two versions...and if we are right, then the original should be perfect.

I've already noted that DaremoK's comments got me to look at that "Is It Possible To Access The Internal Name From A PP2 In DS4 Via DAZ Script?" thread again.

I've just read through that thread again a couple of times. The bit that stands out is what I've been generically referring to asthe "Poser Internal Name" (or <internalName>). To be more precise, I mean:

- In Poser: the text string returned by act.InternalName()
    - In DAZ Studio: the text string returned by oProp.name

This is the text string that the script checks against the <internalName> field of each HANDPROXYDATA line.

But before the script gets to that, it tests the first four characters - if they're "SmPl" then the prop is treated as a Smart+ prop - i.e. no proxy needed.

Poser and DAZ Studio 3 pick up the internal name specified in the PP2. But if DS4 loads a prop from a PP2 it ignores the internal name specified within. Instead it uses the filename of the OBJ (if an external geometry is used) or the filename of the PP2 (if the geometry is embedded) plus and underscore plus the vertex count.

If DS4 loads from a DUF I'm not sure what it uses (although I think Richard/Rob has probably told me at some time, and I must have known when I created the DS4-Native versions of the Smart+ Props ). But lokking at the 'DhaSmart+.duf' I noticed this (see attached screenshot - also see edit2).

So basically you need to do what I did. Trouble is, I can't remember what I did... :oS

Edit: I also noticed that in the original DS Smart+ stuff release I pulled the embedded geometry out of the PP2 files (for the DummyHand and TestRod), and ensured that all the external geometry filenames began with my magic string "SmPlHaRo" (or "SmPlHaR1" for the shields).

Edit 2 (25th Apr): I've been checking this prop in DS4.6 - it puzzled me that both oProp.name and oProp.getLabel() return "Dha" for this prop? Until I noticed that the "SmPlHaRo"label is in the 'geometries' section. What's puzzling me now is how the heck my script knows that this is a Smart+ prop ???
    ...Ah,found it - around line 972 of GenericpropGotoPlus.dsa...
    } else if ( (oProp.name.slice(0,3)=="Dha") || (oProp.name.slice(0,13)=="WaterJarScoop") ){
    ...hard-coded check forthe original prop names.

dhaduf.png
    642 x 312 - 21K
    edited April 2015

Thoughts On Creating DUF-Based Smart+Props... Part 2

mjc1016 - The little grey cells are stirring again...

If you manage to create a DUF prop that works with a HANDPROXYDATA line with six zeroes, then read the following thread (the other one DaremoK's comments got me to unearth)...

Can I automatically run a DSA script when I load a prop from a DUF/DSF file?

Simply adding a post-load data item as Rob suggested should magically turn such a DUF prop into a fully-fledged Smart+ prop - i.e. it will automatically call the Smart+ script when it's loaded. The script you need to use as the post-load thingy is 'DS Content/Scripts/3DCheapskate/SmartPlus/Smart+Rod.dsa'. The screenshot shows the relevent bit of the DUF after you've saved it.

Also note the bit at the end of the thread about the cack-handed workaround ! :D

(Edit: a DUF prop done like this should work with release 1 and 2 of the Smart+ stuff. I really do think that's all there is to it!)

postload.png
    737 x 315 - 44K
    edited April 2015

Solved I Think! How To Create A DUF-Based Prop That Will Be Automatically Identified As Smart+

I just added an edit (in red) to post 95 because I got myself confused, and decided to double-check things. I think I've now spotted how to convert a a PP2 based Smart+ prop into a DUF-based Smart+ prop without having to hard-code the prop name into the script.

I haven't looked at how you'd do this without the intermediate Poser PP2 step. My guess is that you'd take the same 'SmPlHaRoWhateverPropName.obj' as you' use for the PP2, but simply import that into DS4. Not sure if DS works out an origin for an imported prop like Poser does - if so you'll have to zero everything. The I guess just save it asa DUF. I'll give that a try... (Edit: just tried it - DS calculates its own origin, so you'll have to zero things ('1 - ToDefaultGeometryPosition.dsa'will do that for you). You'll also have to change the label from 'SmPlHaRoWhatever' to just 'Whatever')

I think I made a simple mistake - I created the DUF-based from the DS Smart+ Release 1 props, not the DS Smart+ Release 2 props.

Here's what I got running GetproxyData.dsa on the Dha props from DS Smart+ Release 1, DS Smart+ Release 2, and the DUF versions release:

:HANDPROXYDATA
    DAZStudio Smart+ Release 1 Dha PP2,Dha,Dha_500,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000
    DAZStudio Smart+ Release 2 Dha PP2,Dha,SmPlHaRoDha_500,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000
    DAZStudio DUF Release Dha,Dha,Dha,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000

Only the DS rel 2 version returns the ext/int names as I need them.
    So I then tried simply saving the 'DAZStudio Smart+ Release 2 Dha PP2' as aprop asset ( File >Save As >Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset ),loading the newly created DUF, and running GetproxyData.dsa on it...

:HANDPROXYDATA
    {propName},Dha,SmPlHaRoDha_500,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000

Now THAT looks perfect ! (screenshot is the relevant bit of the newly created DUF)

correctmaybe.png
    850 x 426 - 61K
    edited April 2015

Ok sounds good, I did most of Sixus1 downloads, now on half of HER and will need to do HIM and maybe something else. But my guess is that I did 2/3 of all models archived. I still need to do that ShapeMagic tutorial about UVs and try to make some textrues :). Then I will try playing a bit more with this.

But I am definitely interested in good DS version :)

Post edited by MilosGulan on
    edited March 2016

Copied to 20th Nov 2015 post when it wasn't possible to edit older posts

The Current "To Do" List

I've got notes on scraps of paper all over the place, and I just know I'm going to lose them ! So I'm going use this post as an ongoing list (so I'll be editing it a lot... possibly)

- Poser Helper scripts won't run if there's no figure in the scene, no warning or anything. Need to check and document that.
    - In Poser if you hide the figure that a prop was parented to AFTER running 'UnparentZeroAndProxy' the prop is also hidden. This is a known problem (unparenting isn't done properly by PoserPython),and there's a simple script workaround I need to put in.
    - In the main script, if the selected prop's not Smart+ and not in the HANDPROXYDATA then the script could ask the user if they want to create HANDPROXYDATA.
    - Check all script icons have correct "Poser/DAZ Studio version" overlay.
    - 'Wrist rotation' option with HD2/PZ2 hand poses ? Need to think about that.
    - Add warning dialogue if you run DS version from Poser, or Poser version from DS (same mechanism as WorldBall).
    - Add list of old Smart+ stuff that should probably be deleted (because it just makes things confusing).
    - Probably a good idea to set up so the DS PropGoto+ can be run direct from the DS content 'Scripts' folder.
    - Still need to see if there's a way to select a prop that's parented to a figure without having that figure automatically selected.
    - Add dialogue at the end of proxy data stuff reminding user to post data on this forum if it works.
    - Add step 6 to HANDPROXYDATA setup -manually add the new data to the datafile.
    -Make steps 2 + 4 of HANDPROXYDATA setup call scripts that simply display instructions ?
    - DS version of PropGoto+ still applies bowler mats!

Stuff that's already done in my dev version:
    - Validation of HANDPROXYDATA

edited April 2015

Possible Ways To Improve Auto-Matching Of Props

Ive made some comments on post 10 of the supported props thread, based on the props I've recently added, about ideas for improving the auto-match.

Note: I'm probably going to be away from the internet for a few days, then a couple of weeks with only irregular internet access. I'm unlikely to be able to do much more on this till the second half of May.

edited December 1969

Well, it turned out to be nearly a month away - so I need to work out exactly how far I'd got with this. For identifying props I think that the Poser internal/external names plus the DS4 name are the way I'll go, i.e.

<propName>,<externalName>,<internalName>,<ds4Name>,...etc…

Poser and DS3 will ignore the 'ds4Name' field, while DS4 should be able to use just the 'ds4Name' field.

edited March 2016

This little project disappeared into the dusty cupboard for a while, but I've just started looking at it again because I've started playing with DAZ Studio again and realized that the Henseki's Rune sword doesn't auto-match, and also something odd happened in PP2014...

Problem (Poser Version Only):TempPose.pz2 Error Message

I got a PoserPython debug window with the following script crash:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "...\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\PropGotoPlus.py", line 111, in <module>
        GenericSmartPlusProp.GenericSmartPlusProp(version, target, proptype, propname)
      File "...\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\GenericSmartPlusProp.py", line 1004, in GenericSmartPlusProp
        parentprop(act,parent)
      File "...\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\GenericSmartPlusProp.py", line 90, in parentprop
        pose=open(fileaddr,"w")
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'...\\Runtime\\Libraries\\Pose\\3DCheapskate\\SmartPlus\\TempPose.pz2'

I recall that I used a workaround involving writing a temporary pose file (can't recall off-hand what it was all about, something to do with the hand pose? I'll check and post back*), and this file needs to already exist. I've realized that the Poser Release 3 Beta doesn't include this file.

The script will already have positioned and parented the prop, but the hand pose won't have been applied - you can manually apply the correct hand pose from the Hands library.

It's also possible that the orange DummyHand proxy will still be there - it should be safe to manually delete that, but do check that the prop is parented to the figure's hand first!

Solution: Simply manually create an empty file called TempPose.pz2 in the required location. You shouldn't see this error any more, and the hand pose should be applied when you run the script in future.

*30Jan2016: the problem was in saving/deleting a figure with a prop that had been parented using PoserPython. Reference "An old problem with parenting props is still here in Poser 10." thread on Renderosity's PoserPython Scripting forum.

edited March 2016

Problem (Poser Version Only): Orange DummyHand Prop Remains In Figure's Hand After Using The Script With A Non-Smart+ Prop Which Has ProxyData

I've only noticed this in PP2014, and I'm not yet sure why this happens (I've only recently tried the Smart+ stuff in PP2014).

Workaround: Manually delete the orange DummyHand proxy (but do check that the prop has been correctly reparented to the figure's hand before doing so!)

edited March 2016

Copied to 24th February 2016 post for keeping up-to-date(ish) ;o)

Since the new forum software won't let me update my existing 26th April list of things to do I'll copy that post here so that I can edit it

The Current "To Do" List (20Nov15)

I've got notes on scraps of paper all over the place, and I just know I'm going to lose them ! So I'm going use this post as an ongoing list (so I'll be editing it a lot... possibly)

- Poser Helper scripts won't run if there's no figure in the scene, no warning or anything. Need to check and document that.
    - In Poser if you hide the figure that a prop was parented to AFTER running 'UnparentZeroAndProxy' the prop is also hidden. This is a known problem (unparenting isn't done properly by PoserPython),and there's a simple script workaround I need to put in.
    - In the main script, if the selected prop's not Smart+ and not in the HANDPROXYDATA then the script could ask the user if they want to create HANDPROXYDATA.
    - Check all script icons have correct "Poser/DAZ Studio version" overlay.
    - Add warning dialogue if you run DS version from Poser, or Poser version from DS (same mechanism as WorldBall).
    - Add list of old Smart+ stuff that should probably be deleted (because it just makes things confusing).
    - Probably a good idea to set up so the DS PropGoto+ can be run direct from the DS content 'Scripts' folder.
    - Still need to see if there's a way to select a prop that's parented to a figure without having that figure automatically selected.
    - Add dialogue at the end of proxy data stuff reminding user to post data on this forum if it works.
    - Add step 6 to HANDPROXYDATA setup -manually add the new data to the datafile.
    -Make steps 2 + 4 of HANDPROXYDATA setup call scripts that simply display instructions ?

- NEW: If a prop for which we have HANDPROXYDATA is NOT automatched the script must give the user the chance to manually select.

- Validation of HANDPROXYDATA

edited March 2016

Possible Solution For Auto-Matching Props In DAZ Studio ?

I think I now (finally!) have a way forward for getting the auto-matching of props working in DAZ Studio. More information in this 20th Nov post on the "Smart+/PropGoto+ HANDPROXYDATA list" thread. - at present I'm mainly recording the results of tests, but I think I have the solution.

edited March 2016

I've Got The HandProxyData Prop Auto-Matching Now Working Nearly 100% On My Machine...

...in Poser, in DS3, and in DS4.8  The key was to use the vertex count for the prop along with the geometry name and the Poser/DAZ Studio name.  The finalized HANDPROXYDATA dataline format is this:

<propName>,<vertexCount>,<poserGeometryName>,<poserInternalName>,<poserExternalName>,<dsGeometryName>,<ds4Name>,<yR>,<xR>,<zR>,<xT>,<yT>,<zT>

- Poser matches against <vertexCount>, <poserGeometryName>, and <poserInternalName>

- DS3 matches against <vertexCount>, <poserInternalName>, and <dsGeometryName>

- DS4 matches against <vertexCount>, <dsGeometryName> and <ds4Name>

Still need to handle props which are loaded into DS3/4 as part of a .PZ3 Poser scene file or as part of a .DAZ scene file, because in some cases these cause the geometry name to be different from what's expected.

I've updated the data for all the existing props (except for the "Cleave" stuff that I don't have on my system) and I've added a fair few more, mostly old freebies.

The code isn't yet stable, but if anybody's interested in playing with wht I have I can spend a few days tidying up...

(more detail on the new fields in the "Smart+/PropGoto+ HANDPROXYDATA list" thread here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/973865/#Comment_973865 )

• Re the "...I've updated the data for all the existing props (except for the "Cleave" stuff that I don't have on my system) and I've added a fair few more, mostly old freebies....". Here's a summary of the extra stuff I've already got support for on my system:

A few more weapons:
    - Bashers and Bludgeons: added the missing Nailboard - the handgrips won't be correct
    - Arcane Archery: added the Dragon, Egyptian, and tribal bows and arrows.
    - Various DAZ weapons: Angeluz sword and Ryuji Dragon Spear
    - Traveler's old hunter dagger, barbarian handaxe, bowie knife
    - Chucknepo's colt
    - A couple of traveler's heavy blasters

Plus a few non-weapons just to prove that this stuff has a broader scope...
    - Traveler's rope coil and grappling hook (old RDNA freebies)
    - Yamato's kasa (Japanese umbrella), and biwa (Japanese lute).
    - A few of klausdbg's musical insturuments
    - shima's digital SLR

I'm not planning to add any additional styles of hand poses, so you'll just get the basic 'rod grip' applied:
    - Bows: the basic rod grip should look reasonable, although not technically correct - yes, I have done archery.
    - Arrows: these will be held wrongly, spear-fashion at their mid-point - and the finger-curl will be too loose.
    - Pistol-grip guns: the fingers should be approximately curled aroud the pistol-grip, but the trigger-finger fill need straightening (off the trigger) or adjustment (on the trigger) and the gun will probably need to be moved slightly.
    - Camera: you'll need to put in the right hand and loosen up the fingers.

- Musical instruments: Obviously the rod-grip pose won't be for playing the instrument, just for carrying it.

edited March 2016

Poser Smart+ Props Stuff Release 3 Core

(Poser only - DAZ Studio Release 3 version coming soon)

ShareCG: Poser Smart+ Props Stuff Release 3 Core

Renderosity: Poser Smart+ Props Stuff Release 3 Core I've removed all my freebies from Renderosity

More information about the new HANDPROXYDATA dataline format in this post on the Smart+/PropGoto+ HANDPROXYDATA list thread

N.B. As with all my scripts they've been written mainly for my own use. I've released them as freebies because (a) other people may find them useful and (b) doing so helps me tidy them up a bit. However, they are still rather haphazardly put together and may cause Poser to crash/lock up or other stuff like that. If anything like that happens for you please let me know. As always you use these scripts at your own risk.

Release 3 of the Smart+ props idea now allows the 'PropGoto+' pose to be used with ANY standard (i.e. non-Smart+) hand-help prop, provided a short dataline for that prop has been added to the Smart+ file.

This package contains everything you need to USE the 'PropGoto+' pose to put any of the 100+ supported standard (i.e. non-Smart+) props into either hand of any of the 50+ supported figures.
    Any previously released Smart+ props (and any Smart+ props created using previously released procedures) should still work exactly as before with this new release.If they don't please let me know.

This package does NOT contain the following:
    - It does NOT include any of the helper scripts for adding new figure/prop support. I will be uploading these separately soon (note: previous helper scripts for creating HANDPROXYDATA are now INVALID - the dataline format has completely changed)
    - It does NOT include any Smart+ props. With this new release any existing Smart+ props you have in your runtime should still work exactly as they did before
    - It does NOT include any PDF documents

The Smart+ datafile now includes 'HandProxyData' for over 100 standard (i.e. non-Smart+) hand held props of various types:
    2 props that came with DS4.6 Pro - Genesis Magus Staff, Genesis Katana.
    6 swords that come with Poser 9 - Demoniac Sword, Bone Sword, Katana, Medieval Sword, Roman Sword , Persian Sword.
    1 sword from “Kaileena For PBIV” (Pretty3D/Mytilus at Renderosity)
    2 weapons from “Henseki’s Rune” (Orion1167 in the DAZ store) - Hensekis Rune Knife, Hensekis Rune Sword.
    3 freebies from ShareCG - M4 Fable Sword (dyald), Lightsaber (fantascopefilms), Shilleliegh (mjc26250)
    1 freebie from RDNA - Akira katana
    1 sword from “Journeyer Scout For M4" in the DAZ Store
    6 cudgels from “Bashers And Bludgeons” in the DAZ Store - Blockbuster, Shillelagh, Spikeclub, Stoneclub, Treebranch, Nailboard.
    1 sword from "Angeluz Fantasy Armor" in the DAZ Store
    5 old Traveler freebies from RDNA - Hunter Dagger, Bowie Knife, Rope Coil, Grappling Hook.
    1 old kasa (umbrella) from Yamato.
    1 spear from DAZ Ryuji Dragon Spear.
    1 digital SLR from ShareCG.
    1 biwa (Japanese lute) from Yamato.
    3 musical instruments from klausdbg's "Arabian Music" at ShareCG - Rababa, Rababa Bow, Nay.
    3 bows + 3 arrows from "Arcane Archery" at DAZ - Dragon Bow/Arrow, Egyptian Bow /Arrow, Tribal Bow/Arrow.
    3 guns - Colt (ChuckNepo), Gatling Gun (Traveler), Heavy Blaster (Traveler).
    5 weapons from Traveler - Warhammer, Big Axe, Crossbow, Crossbow Bolt, Maul.
    3 cannon accessories from DAZ - Bucket, Gun Ladle, Gun Rammer.
    8 guns from DAZ Firearms - 12GAShotgun (DAZ Firearms), 22Caliber (DAZ Firearms), 308Rifle (DAZ Firearms), 38Revolver (DAZ Firearms), 9mmPistol (DAZ Firearms), AR-15Rifle (DAZ Firearms), AR-15Rifle_Tac, TommyGun.
    8 blades from DAZ "Deadly Edges" - Starburst, Whacksaw, Sickle, Hungamunga, Steel Orchid, Raptor Axe, Pushdagger, Devils Corkscrew.
    5 hammers from DAZ "Drop The Hammer" - Anvil Hammer, Cross Hammer, War Hammer, Dwarf Hammer, Mallet Sama.
    5 shields from DAZ "Fantasy Shields" - Basic Heater, Basic Targ, CelestialHeater , Demonic Heater, Dragon Targ.
    6 spears from DAZ "Fantasy Spears" - Fish Spear, Fork Spear, Leaf Spear, Basic Spear, Woodland Spear, Tri-Spear.
    4 ninja weapoms from DAZ "Martial Weapons" - Kama, Tonfa, Sai, Kunai.
    4 swords from DAZ "Order Of Steel" - Crosshilt, Fluketail, Man At Arms, Broken Sword.
    11 polearms from DAZ "Polearms" - Bardiche, Broad Glaive, Fauchard, Halberd 1, Halberd 2, Larks Tongue, Pike, Pilum, Ranseur, Star Glaive, Voulge.
    1 RPG Launcher and rocket from DAZ.
    1 Uzilite Gun from DAZ

The same 50+ figures as release 2 are supported (depending on how you define a separate figure):
    - DAZ Gen 1-2: Aiko, Michael 1/2, Stephanie, Victoria 1/2.
    - DAZ Gen 3: Aiko 3, David, Hiro 3, Laura 3, Luke 3, Michael 3, Stephanie Petite 3, The FREAK, The Girl, Victoria 3.
    - DAZ Gen 4: Michael 4 (and Hiro 4, The FREAK 4), Victoria 4 (and Aiko 4, She-Freak 4, Stephanie 4, The Girl 4).
    - DAZ Gen 5: Genesis (original base figure only).
    - Poser 5: P5 Don, P5 Judy.
    - Poser 6: P6 James, P6 Jessi, Miki2, Miki4.
    - Poser 7: G2 Simon, G2 Sydney, G2 James, G2 Jessi.
    - Poser 8: Alyson, Ryan.
    - Poser 9: Alyson2, Ryan2 (and Tyler)
    - Sixus 1:  Adam2, Behemoth, Behemoth2, HER, HIM, Project Human Female, Project Human Male, Thrusty.
    - Kirwyn's: K, KEZ, KEZ-WM, KOZ-WM.
    - Others: Antonia, Apollo, Cynthia (BVH), Dawn (Hivewire), F202 Dollie, MayaDoll, The Princess/Heroine (Dark Anvil)

What's Included:
    ================
    In your Poses library under 3DCheapskate > SmartPlus:
    - A 'PropGoto+' Poser  pose (PZ2) file for Poser 6+.
    - A 'RodGrip' folder containing hand poses for Chris Schell's Anime Girl Kristen. (These files are included because they are directly referenced from the Smart+ datafile)

In your Props library under 3DCheapskate > SmartPlus > Basic:
    - A 'DummyHand' Poser  prop (PP2) file for Poser 6+. (This file is included because it is loaded by the main script file when using HandProxyData to move a standard prop)

In your Geometries folder under 3DCheapskate > SmartPlus:
    - The OBJ geometry file for the dummy hand prop. (An external geometry is required for the DAZ Studio Smart+ stuff to be able to automatically recognize the prop as being Smart+)

In the Python folder under poserScripts > 3DCheapskate > SmartPlus:
    - The two core scripts for the Smart+ functionality - 'PropGoto+.py' and 'GenericSmartPlusProp.py' (also a compiled version of the latter, 'GenericSmartPlusProp.pyc')
    - The Smart+ datafile 'SmartPlusData.txt' that contains all the figure-specific parameters.
    - 'DSversionFromPoser.py'. If you also install the DAZ Studio Release 3 Smart+ stuff this script will be called if you run the DAZ Studio version of the 'PropGoto+' PZ2 from Poser. It simply alerts you to your mistake.
    (The 'PropGoto+' PP2 file simply calls 'PropGoto+.py', which calls 'GenericSmartPlusProp.py' with some parameters. Don't run 'GenericSmartPlusProp.py' directly)

(There's also a TempPose.pz2 file that's part of the fix for saving figures with Smart+ props - as mentioned in this 20th Nov 2015 post earlier in this thread)

PropGoto+IconVer3.jpg
    500 x 500 - 36K
    Promo2-steps.jpg
    1294 x 1024 - 146K
    edited March 2016

DAZ Studio Smart+ Props Stuff Release 3 Core

(DAZ Studio only - Poser Release 3 already uploaded)

ShareCG: DAZ Studio Smart+ Props Stuff Release 3 Core

Renderosity: awaiting approval I've removed all my freebies from Renderosity

Basic information is the same as the Poser version above...

More information about the new HANDPROXYDATA dataline format in this post on the Smart+/PropGoto+ HANDPROXYDATA list thread

N.B. As with all my scripts they've been written mainly for my own use. I've released them as freebies because (a) other people may find them useful and (b) doing so helps me tidy them up a bit. However, they are still rather haphazardly put together and may cause DAZ Studio to crash/lock up or other stuff like that. If anything like that happens for you please let me know. As always you use these scripts at your own risk.

(N.B. The "What's Included" section in the readme is incorrect (it's the same as the Poser one), but the "File List" is correct - I've added that to this post. I've said before that I shouldn't really do releases late at night! )

File List:
    ==========
    3DC030r3 DAZ Studio Smart+ Props ReadMe.txt

The datafile and scripts
    ------------------------
    DS Content\Scripts\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\GenericPropGotoPlus.dsa
    DS Content\Scripts\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\GenericPropGotoPlus.png
    DS Content\Scripts\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\PropGoto+ DS.dsa
    DS Content\Scripts\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\PropGoto+ DS.png
    DS Content\Scripts\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\SmartPlusData.txt

A Poser PZ2 Pose file (with associated DSA script) for those who prefer the old way  :)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Runtime\Libraries\Pose\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\PropGoto+ DS.dsa
    Runtime\Libraries\Pose\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\PropGoto+ DS.png
    Runtime\Libraries\Pose\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\PropGoto+ DS.pz2

(N.B. The following file is specifically for those who use both Poser and DAZ Studio, and must be in the same folder as 'PropGoto+ Poser.pz2'. If you ONLY use DAZ Studio you can delete it)
    Runtime\Libraries\Pose\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\PropGoto+ Poser.dsa

A few other files that are necessary because they're referenced directly from the script or datafile
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Runtime\Libraries\props\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\Basic\DummyHand.png
    Runtime\Libraries\props\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\Basic\DummyHand.pp2

Runtime\Geometries\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\SmPlHaRoDummyHand.obj

Runtime\Libraries\Pose\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\Rod Grip\AGK LH Rod Grip.png
    Runtime\Libraries\Pose\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\Rod Grip\AGK LH Rod Grip.pz2
    Runtime\Libraries\Pose\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\Rod Grip\AGK RH Rod Grip.png
    Runtime\Libraries\Pose\3DCheapskate\SmartPlus\Rod Grip\AGK RH Rod Grip.pz2

DSpromo.jpg
    500 x 500 - 36K
    DS Steps.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 241K
    edited March 2016

Request For Genesis 3 Female Support

Has anybody who used the earlier releases created the figure support data for Genesis 3 Female ?

Did Genesis 3 Female come with DS4.8 Pro ? (I can't find her, but if she did then I should have her somewhere - possibly never installed)

You need to have this http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-starter-essentials It was free before, I am not sure now, I have recently installed DS 4.9 it works great.

Oh btw I think I still haven't managed to work wit this script, I am just now trying to fit weapons to one of my characters. It would be very cool if I actualy could use it :) will give it a try.

edited February 2016

You need to have this http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-starter-essentials It was free before, I am not sure now, I have recently installed DS 4.9 it works great.

It's in my product library so I did pick it up when it was free, but I never downloaded it. The half a GB download put me off. Especially for something I doubt I'll use - I'm happy enough with generation 4 and the earlier stuff.

MilosGulan said:

Oh btw I think I still haven't managed to work wit this script, I am just now trying to fit weapons to one of my characters. It would be very cool if I actualy could use it :) will give it a try.

One of the reasons Release 3 is just the 'core' at present is that it greatly reduces the number of files, making it (hopefully) much easier to see what's doing what. Getting it to work should be easy - for the DS version unzip it to the correct place (as specified in the readme), load any supported prop and any supported figure, ensure both prop and figure are selected, run the 'PropGoto+' script, on the dialogues click OK,Yes,Yes,Yes, select Right, OK, Yes,Yes (as per the image in the post) and it's done.

I'll be releasing the rest of the stuff, i.e. the helper scripts, separately. I'm currently tidying up the helper scripts for adding new props,but no ETA for those yet.

edited March 2016

Well, since nobody else can be bothered I guess I'll have to do the Genesis 3 support data myself. Downloading now.

Genesis 3 does work with DS4.8 doesn't it ? Yes it does (thanks FixMyPCMike)

Genesis 3 Support Data Now Available

See this 25th Feb 2016 post on the associated "Smart+/PropGoto+ List Of Supported Figures" thread which includes an updated version of the Release 3 Core 'SmartPlusData.txt' with Genesis 3 Male/Female added to the figure support list.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Genesis 3 does work with DS4.8 doesn't it ?

Yes

edited February 2016

Yes? Are you sure? I was just rummaging through my product library and it says for Genesis 3 that you need DS4.9, and so I edited the previous post..

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited February 2016

All product pages that require DS4.5 or higher say DS4.9, it automatically shows the latest version.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited February 2016

All product pages that require DS4.5 or higher say DS4.9, it automatically shows the latest version.

That's rather misleading then (just confirmed that the Genesis Starter Essentials say "Compatible Products:DS4.9" too)

I'll do a bug report - I like doing them, don't I..   wink

(Request #213048 Product Pages, Misleading "Compatible Software: DS4.9" for stuff that works with earlier DS4.#)

edited April 2016

Okay, got the Genesis 3 support data now. The raw data is posted in the "Smart+/PropGoto+ List Of Supported Figures" thread here in the Freepozitory (Genesis 3 Female here, Genesis 3 Male here) so for anybody who's happy to edit their own SmartPlusData.txt file go ahead. I've also posted a ZIP containing the SmartPlusData.txt (Release3Core version) with the Genesis 3 data added - it's in this 25th Feb post on that same thread.

The Current List Of Things To Fix (14th March 2016)

Status of stuff from my previous list

- In Poser if you hide the figure that a prop was parented to AFTER running 'UnparentZeroAndProxy' the prop is also hidden. This is a known problem (unparenting isn't done properly by PoserPython),and there's a simple script workaround I need to put in. Fixed in Release3Core
    - Check all script icons have correct "Poser/DAZ Studio version" overlay.Done in Release3Core
    - Add warning dialogue if you run DS version from Poser, or Poser version from DS (same mechanism as WorldBall).Done in Release3Core
    - Probably a good idea to set up so the DS PropGoto+ can be run direct from the DS content 'Scripts' folder.Done in Release3Core
    - Add dialogue at the end of proxy data stuff reminding user to post data on this forum if it works.- in progress
    - Add step 6 to HANDPROXYDATA setup -manually (automatically? That'd be nicer...) add the new data to the datafile. - in progress
    -Make steps 2 + 4 of HANDPROXYDATA setup call scripts that simply display instructions ?- in progress

- NEW: If a prop for which we have HANDPROXYDATA is NOT automatched the script must give the user the chance to manually select.

- Validation of HANDPROXYDATA - Done in Release3Core

More Things That Need Fixing

Edit (11th March): I'm currently testing the Poser helper scripts for getting support data for new props, and posting new support data that's coming out of that in this post on the support data thread.

1) In the Poser version the 'TempPose.pz2' workaround should be using "smartparent UNIVERSE" (NOT "parent UNIVERSE") in  unparentprop(). I don't know why I changed that? The 'parentprop()' workaround specifically required 'smartparent'. (Why do I write the pose each time? There are just two variants, so surely just having two fixed pose files would be easier? :oS ) - In my development version I'm setting up a few predefined pose files to simply set single parameters not accessible via PoserPython (e.g. DisplayOrigin.pz2) as per PhilC's suggestion over in the Renderosity PoserPython forum

2) Props with Scale and/or x/y/zScale NOT set to 100% cause problems with HANDPROXYDATA. Temporarily setting the four values to 100% to calculate/apply the HANDPROXYDATA, and then setting them back to what they were should get around that. - Fixed in my development version

3) In the Poser generic script 'locateDataFile(sFilename)' doesn't use sFilename, it recreates it.

edited March 2016

DAZ Studio SmartPlus Prop Helper Scripts Rel3 Ver1

ShareCG: DAZ Studio SmartPlus Prop Helper Scripts Rel3 Ver1

An interim version of the DS Smart+ prop helper scripts for anybody who wants to give them a try.

They're basically the Release 3 Beta scripts modified to create the PROPER (post-beta) release 3 dataline format used by the Release 3 Core stuff.

I've also added an '!Info.dsa' script that simply displays an overview of the procedure, and I've added scripts for the purely manual steps (2 and 4) that simply display some reminders about what to do at that step.

N.B. Props with Scale and/or any of x/y/zScale NOT set to 100% will usually prevent this procedure from working. Simply setting  all scale values to 100% at the start of the procedure MIGHT get round the problem - I need to do some more tests...

DS Rel3 Ver1 Prop Helpers.jpg
    856 x 656 - 73K
    ds.jpg
    649 x 571 - 188K