[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• jakobrhjakobrh Posts: 101

Does anyone knows why the content wizard script loads a window that is way higher than the resolution of my monitor?

I have a dual monitor side by side setup. And if I for a moment (in windows) "rearrange" them on top of each other, I can see the entire Content Wizard window (attached image) But I still can't resize the height of the window.

content wizard.jpg
    1920 x 2400 - 554K
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,380
    jakobrh said:

Does anyone knows why the content wizard script loads a window that is way higher than the resolution of my monitor?

I have a dual monitor side by side setup. And if I for a moment (in windows) "rearrange" them on top of each other, I can see the entire Content Wizard window (attached image) But I still can't resize the height of the window.

That is strange.  I have never seen it go so long.  I spent a LOT of time changing the interface to cram it into as small a space as possible.  The normal size of the window is 1159x930.  If you turn off the show header option (options tab), you can get it down to 1159x754.

There is a size grip at the bottom right.  If you cannot reach it, grab the TOP border, scale down, move window up, scale TOP border, move window up, repeat.  It remembers the size the last time you ran it so maybe you had changed resolutions at some point?

• jakobrhjakobrh Posts: 101
    edited April 2020
    jakobrh said:

That is strange.  I have never seen it go so long.  I spent a LOT of time changing the interface to cram it into as small a space as possible.  The normal size of the window is 1159x930.  If you turn off the show header option (options tab), you can get it down to 1159x754.

There is a size grip at the bottom right.  If you cannot reach it, grab the TOP border, scale down, move window up, scale TOP border, move window up, repeat.  It remembers the size the last time you ran it so maybe you had changed resolutions at some point?

As I remember it it had this size from the first time I loaded it.

With the header the window is 1960 px tall +/- a few. without the header can't change more than the height of the header.

When I move the mouse to the edge, and the cursor changes, I can change the width and height to something bigger, but not smaller than in my first screenshot.

Edit:

I wonder if the tall "X" buttons can be ones to blame. The Installation Options Pane is the most filled pane.

I use Studio 4.10

content wizard2.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 197K
    Post edited by jakobrh on
    jakobrh said:
    jakobrh said:

As I remember it it had this size from the first time I loaded it.

With the header the window is 1960 px tall +/- a few. without the header can't change more than the height of the header.

When I move the mouse to the edge, and the cursor changes, I can change the width and height to something bigger, but not smaller than in my first screenshot.

Edit:

I wonder if the tall "X" buttons can be ones to blame. The Installation Options Pane is the most filled pane.

I use Studio 4.10

No, the tall "X" buttons are *in response* to the tall dialog.  I don't know if it will help you, but in data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSSmartContentConstants.dsa (which you edit with a text file editor), you can set things that affect heights of elements:

var SMART_CONTENT_HEIGHT          = 600;
    var THUMBNAIL_WIDTH               = 380;
    var THUMBNAIL_HEIGHT              = 494;
    var TABLE_THUMBNAIL_WIDTH         = 91;
    var TABLE_THUMBNAIL_HEIGHT        = 91;
    var INSTRUCTIONS_HEIGHT           = 50;

• c567591ac567591a Posts: 39

I am running 1.0.5.4

I can't get it to analyse the file to create the Smart Content for the Hivewire Horse or Big Cats...

11:11:15 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Clearing Working Directory...

11:11:15 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): ...FAILED!!! Make sure the zip file(s) is not corrupted AND that no file browser is open on the working directory contents, keeping the working directory from being deleted

11:11:15 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Extracting files from E:\Matt\Downloads\temp\10471-hivewire-horse-ds_215154.zip...

11:11:19 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): ...Success

ContentWizard_HWHorse_20200424.PNG
    913 x 623 - 222K
  • PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663
    c567591a said:

I am running 1.0.5.4

I can't get it to analyse the file to create the Smart Content for the Hivewire Horse or Big Cats...

11:11:15 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): ...FAILED!!! Make sure the zip file(s) is not corrupted AND that no file browser is open on the working directory contents, keeping the working directory from being deleted

11:11:15 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Extracting files from E:\Matt\Downloads\temp\10471-hivewire-horse-ds_215154.zip...

I've came across that error,  what fixed it for me was to unzip the file & re-zip it using a different filename

c567591a said:

I am running 1.0.5.4

Without the more complete Daz log, it is hard to say what happened.  

If it was an unzipping error, what @Platnumk wrote would do it.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,087

Hi! Great product, I've used it to install a bunch of Renderosity content into Smart content. Most of them work fine. I have trouble with a few. Lumino Wings (https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=128420) do the first installation, but then there is an error with installing smart content. And when I clicked on the "Save Log" button DAZ crashed. But before that I copy pasted the end of the error log:

12:09:42 GMT-0700 (PDT): Installation Completed Successfully
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Installing Product to Daz Studio...
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Version Number 1.0.5.4
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Verifying existence of Renderosity store: true
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Verifying "Lumino Wings for G3F & G8F " product does not exist already
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Creating "Lumino Wings for G3F & G8F " product (Store="Renderosity", ID="128420") in Daz Studio...
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Building product metadata...
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Creating Product Icon from /Users/HD/Desktop/Thumb128420_70ab7bd6169f607314af45ee1baa7a17.jpg...
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Creating support file...
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT):      ...Success
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Importing Product into Daz Studio.../Runtime/Support/Renderosity_128420_Lumino_Wings_for_G3F_&_G8F_.dsx
    12:09:48 GMT-0700 (PDT): Error importing product into Smart Content database
    12:09:48 GMT-0700 (PDT): There were errors during installation.

Hi! Great product, I've used it to install a bunch of Renderosity content into Smart content. Most of them work fine. I have trouble with a few. Lumino Wings (https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=128420) do the first installation, but then there is an error with installing smart content. And when I clicked on the "Save Log" button DAZ crashed. But before that I copy pasted the end of the error log:

12:09:42 GMT-0700 (PDT): Installation Completed Successfully
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Installing Product to Daz Studio...
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Version Number 1.0.5.4
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Verifying existence of Renderosity store: true
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Verifying "Lumino Wings for G3F & G8F " product does not exist already
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Creating "Lumino Wings for G3F & G8F " product (Store="Renderosity", ID="128420") in Daz Studio...
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Building product metadata...
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Creating Product Icon from /Users/HD/Desktop/Thumb128420_70ab7bd6169f607314af45ee1baa7a17.jpg...
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Creating support file...
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT):      ...Success
    12:09:47 GMT-0700 (PDT): Importing Product into Daz Studio.../Runtime/Support/Renderosity_128420_Lumino_Wings_for_G3F_&_G8F_.dsx
    12:09:48 GMT-0700 (PDT): Error importing product into Smart Content database
    12:09:48 GMT-0700 (PDT): There were errors during installation.

The log I would need to see in this case is the Daz log anyway (under Help Troubleshooting menu)

The log I would need to see in this case is the Daz log anyway (under Help Troubleshooting menu)

Enclosed.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    2M

Enclosed.

Could you try renaming the product name in Content Wizard to NOT use an ampersand (&), reanalyze, and then try the smart content installation again?

Could you try renaming the product name in Content Wizard to NOT use an ampersand (&), reanalyze, and then try the smart content installation again?

It didn't work. That's okay, I can deal.

Hmmm, I know that is one of the problems.  I was hoping to fix the problem for others.

• asdf123asdf123 Posts: 167

Can this be used to Edit/Change the metadata of existing Smart Content? IE change the Title/Name?

newoski said:

Can this be used to Edit/Change the metadata of existing Smart Content? IE change the Title/Name?

It can be used to change the metadata of existing smart content, but the I think the name is one area it does not.  That will create a new record in the content database.

newoski said:

It can be used to change the metadata of existing smart content, but the I think the name is one area it does not.  That will create a new record in the content database.

But I could add Tags? (That would accomplish same goal)

newoski said:
    newoski said:

But I could add Tags? (That would accomplish same goal)

Yes, you can add tags.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Just want to pop in and say this is one of my favorite ever purchases. Worth every darn penny (and more, as well)!

edited May 2020

First, amazing product! I've successfully created Smart Content for a few characters, but then I run into errors with others. Oddly, when I deleted the successful content and started over, I ran into the errors on the previously successful content as well. Errors occur when I try a fresh install of the smart content as well as if I try to overwrite a previously failed smart content install

14:13:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Unable to open file for writing: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8

.dsx

14:13:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8

Log: https://pastebin.com/xX0r30m0

Configuration File: https://pastebin.com/5ZfsvPnP

(After reading through this entire thread, I have also tried deleting the unzipped Character files from my "Non-Smart Content" folder and confirming that there is no conflicting file in the Support folder under the above name or any variation for the failing Characters

Post edited by asdf123 on

Just want to pop in and say this is one of my favorite ever purchases. Worth every darn penny (and more, as well)!

Thank you very much!  

newoski said:

First, amazing product! I've successfully created Smart Content for a few characters, but then I run into errors with others. Oddly, when I deleted the successful content and started over, I ran into the errors on the previously successful content as well. Errors occur when I try a fresh install of the smart content as well as if I try to overwrite a previously failed smart content install

14:13:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Unable to open file for writing: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8

.dsx

14:13:15 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time): Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8

(After reading through this entire thread, I have also tried deleting the unzipped Character files from my "Non-Smart Content" folder and confirming that there is no conflicting file in the Support folder under the above name or any variation for the failing Characters

Strange.  First of all, when trying again, always make sure the product is deleted from the DS database (see the manual for how to do this).  It would probabl be good to make sure the files are deleted from Runtime/Support too.

For this specific problem, does C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8.dsx exist?  

newoski said:

.dsx

Strange.  First of all, when trying again, always make sure the product is deleted from the DS database (see the manual for how to do this).  It would probabl be good to make sure the files are deleted from Runtime/Support too.

For this specific problem, does C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8.dsx exist?  

Does not exist. Confirmed fur all instances. Will check on other in AM.
    newoski said:
    newoski said:

.dsx

I assume the path exists?  Are you able to create a file in this directory?  Are you able to create a file named Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8.dsx in this directory?

newoski said:
    newoski said:

.dsx

I assume the path exists?  Are you able to create a file in this directory?  Are you able to create a file named Renderosity_124319_P3D_Imogen_for_Victoria_8.dsx in this directory?

Folder exists. Will test manually creating and report back in AM
    newoski said:
    newoski said:

.dsx

Yes, I can manually create the file in the Support folder. 

Can you link to manual regarding deleting database entries manually?

newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:

.dsx

It is the manual that comes with Content Wizard.  There should be an icon to launch it from DS.

edited May 2020
    newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:

.dsx

It is the manual that comes with Content Wizard.  There should be an icon to launch it from DS.

So I ended up reinstalling Windows 10, and DAZ obviously, and things seem to be a bit more stable. I get that error when I don't have a lot of content installed, but for whatever reason, once I install everything from my Daz purchases, it seems to go away for the most part. That said, unrelated questions pertaining to workflow for a large Renderosity collection

1. What is the quickest workflow to build DSX/Zip installation packages? It seems like I have to click "Install Smart Content" before Export Zip/Self Installer is available. But then, if I do it that way, I also have to manually remove the "Install Smart Content" output files, before I can test the Zip/Self Installer. Is there a more fluid process of creating the Installer and then testing it via the DSX file to install? 

The most ideal way I can think of if Install Smart Content is necessary before generating the Installer would be to essentially Install Smart Content, close Content Wizard, test installed content and then come back to Content Wizard to generate the Installer. The problem with that seems to be that once you close the Content Wizard window and reopen it, you have to go through the whole Install Smart Content process again before you can Export Zip/Self Installer -- which means you have to go Delete the installed content and then go back and redo. 

2. What's the best way to work with Clothing and associated Material products? IE original release and then secondary release from unrelated party with materials. How can they best be managed so that the materials are associated with the original product? Is there a way to smash them all together into one "Product"? Or is it best to have them only connected by Material association? If so, how would that be done?

This software is awesome. Just looking for guidance on easiest way to use in mass

newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:

.dsx

So I ended up reinstalling Windows 10, and DAZ obviously, and things seem to be a bit more stable. I get that error when I don't have a lot of content installed, but for whatever reason, once I install everything from my Daz purchases, it seems to go away for the most part. That said, unrelated questions pertaining to workflow for a large Renderosity collection

1. What is the quickest workflow to build DSX/Zip installation packages? It seems like I have to click "Install Smart Content" before Export Zip/Self Installer is available. But then, if I do it that way, I also have to manually remove the "Install Smart Content" output files, before I can test the Zip/Self Installer. Is there a more fluid process of creating the Installer and then testing it via the DSX file to install? 

The most ideal way I can think of if Install Smart Content is necessary before generating the Installer would be to essentially Install Smart Content, close Content Wizard, test installed content and then come back to Content Wizard to generate the Installer. The problem with that seems to be that once you close the Content Wizard window and reopen it, you have to go through the whole Install Smart Content process again before you can Export Zip/Self Installer -- which means you have to go Delete the installed content and then go back and redo. 

I am able to re-enter the Content Wizard, load the configuration file, and have Export Zip/Self Installer enabled.  I will have to debug why it doesn't for you.

newoski said:

2. What's the best way to work with Clothing and associated Material products? IE original release and then secondary release from unrelated party with materials. How can they best be managed so that the materials are associated with the original product? Is there a way to smash them all together into one "Product"? Or is it best to have them only connected by Material association? If so, how would that be done?

This software is awesome. Just looking for guidance on easiest way to use in mass

I usually just install the clothing product, and then install the material products.  By using the shift/ctrl selection in the table view, I can select multiple items and assign them to the clothing item at once.

edited May 2020
    newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:

.dsx

I am able to re-enter the Content Wizard, load the configuration file, and have Export Zip/Self Installer enabled.  I will have to debug why it doesn't for you.

newoski said:

I usually just install the clothing product, and then install the material products.  By using the shift/ctrl selection in the table view, I can select multiple items and assign them to the clothing item at once.

newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:
    newoski said:

.dsx

newoski said:

Alright, so I think I'm making progress after rereading the manual and watching your video tutorial again. The Export function is working, I just wasn't trusting it before as I had been incorrectly installing Smart Content, without first Installing Content. Thus, the installs weren't working as expected and were empty. That said, I'm currently struggling with Compatability for Clothing. Below I am working with Oh So Hot Pants from nirvy and the supplemental materials from Anagord. In the first image, you'll see that the nirvy product contains correct Compatability and the materials show up as compatible in DAZ 3D Smart Content.

https://ibb.co/gTTxFzv

However, when I try to add Compatibility to the supplemental Materials product from Anagord, I can't find the "Oh So Hot Pants" Product in the list:

https://ibb.co/gFhdHPf

Once I have that one solved, I should be all set. Thanks again!

Hmmm, I know that is one of the problems.  I was hoping to fix the problem for others.

Since the last update I have bigger problems and just don't have the time mess with it, but I wonder if there could be a naming issue–lumina vs lumino.